Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/28/2016 8:01:48 AM EDT
Not sure if dupe.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/27/state-representatives-attack-declaration-of-independence-on-louisiana-house-floor/

One thing I do know is, all men are not created equal. When I think back in 1776, July the 4th, African-Americans were slaves, and for you to bring a bill to request that our children will recite the Declaration, I think is a little bit unfair to us to ask those children to recite something that’s not the truth.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not care.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Tough shit . . .

. . . deal with it.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey, the world is full of jackasses. But she should seriously choke herself.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:27:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Listening to the audio/video of Ms. Norton, she sounds uneducated. She can't speak english correctly.  How do people like this even get elected?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#6]
EVERYTHING is racist.

Until we lie down and allow our morality and civilization to degrade into an undeveloped cesspool, we will all undoubtedly be racists.

I'm truly growing tired of the word "racist".  
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey how about if these ungrateful types don't like it here they go try out the Declaration of Independence for Liberia or some s***. Enough is enough of all these scum complaining and bitching and whining about how America isn't good enough for them, you know what? Get the f*** out of the USA if you don't f****** like it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do not care.
View Quote

This.

That word is stupid and no longer means anything. Now it's just a noise left wingers make. Like a fart.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a suggestion for the hyphenated American:  Declare your own independence and move out of the US.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#10]
They seem to claim that all black persons of that time were slaves. That is not true.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Until the day people of color accept the fact that this country was founded buy a bunch of radical white guys and if they play by the rules set forth and get an education and quit crying about how racist and unfair this place is and how oppressed they are they might be able to succeed and contribute to the greatness this country was founded on.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#12]
So we can play "At the time" with regard to perceived racial issues, but not firearms?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey how about if these ungrateful types don't like it here they go try out the Declaration of Independence for Liberia or some s***. Enough is enough of all these scum complaining and bitching and whining about how America isn't good enough for them, you know what? Get the f*** out of the USA if you don't f****** like it.
View Quote

No other countries will put up with their bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They seem to claim that all black persons of that time were slaves. That is not true.
View Quote
They were slave-masters in many instances. Lousiana. Anthony Johnson.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:54:13 AM EDT
[#15]
There were black slaveholders in 1776.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#16]
"Nice day, huh?"

"That's racist!"
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#17]

"One thing I do know is, all men are not created equal."
View Quote

Well...  if you say so.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well...  if you say so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One thing I do know is, all men are not created equal.

Well...  if you say so.

I didn't say that, your state rep did.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:02:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh FFS.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not sure if dupe.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/27/state-representatives-attack-declaration-of-independence-on-louisiana-house-floor/

One thing I do know is, all men are not created equal. When I think back in 1776, July the 4th, African-Americans were slaves, and for you to bring a bill to request that our children will recite the Declaration, I think is a little bit unfair to us to ask those children to recite something that’s not the truth.
View Quote

View Quote

It reads "All men are created equal" not "all men are treated equally," ya big dummy.

It's like the loonies aren't even trying anymore.  It would have been more exciting if they argued that it was sexist and cisgender normative, because it doesn't even mention women, or gender fluid people.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One thing I do know is, all men are not created equal.

Well...  if you say so.

Cleaned up ambiguous quote box, and that troglodyte sure isn't "my" representative.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Is treason still a capital offense?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Every piece of paper is racist.  
The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, The Magna Carta, Green Eggs and Ham by Dr Suess and your grocery list to name a few.

This shit has to stop.  It's getting old and tired.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Tough shit . . .

. . . deal with it.

View Quote
Yup don't care what they think...more irrelevant people feeling special.

No one ever said life was fair...deal with it.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I do not care.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#27]
We slave now
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I have not a fuck to give.

I have too much to worry about wallowing in my precious white guilt as it is.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#29]
She should look up the term Indentured Servants. Besides when you still have to bitch about something after 150 years you're a really weak person.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#30]
She assumes that Africans were the only people ever to be enslaved...........
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Listening to the audio/video of Ms. Norton, she sounds uneducated. She can't speak english correctly.  How do people like this even get elected?
View Quote

I've observed that if you're the right color in the right district and you have a big enough mouth and loud, you get elected.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#32]
lol, so much denial here.

people act like the founders weren't slave holders and people of color weren't disenfranchised.

Do you all even history?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

people act like the founders weren't slave holders and people of color weren't disenfranchised.

Do you all even history?
View Quote

No one here has denied that.

Can you explain for us how any of that makes the Declaration of Independence racist?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#34]
How is "all men are created equal" racist?

If the Decl. of Ind. was racist it would read "all men are created equal, except African slaves."
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#35]
The Declaration of Independence was a goal, not an affirmation of 21st century cultural norms.

At the time it was written we were fighting a war for independence from tyranny and having debates on whether or not slavery should be permitted. In the end they compromised in order to prevail.

That compromise led to the Civil War, the civil rights movement, and affirmative action. The USA has spent the last two hundred years trying to live up to the goal set forth in the Declaration.

She is an idiot who wants to throw out pure ideals due to the imperfection of the times.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Do you all even history?
View Quote

Apparently you misread the comments here. No one has done what you claim they

have. I am not going to get into the slave argument aide from what I wrote above. Many

blacks were free from the beginning. Many came here after slavery was ended.

They keep playing the slave card, but that makes me laugh at them. Instead of

being proud of the adversity they have overcome they wallow in self pity and fail to

realize how badly they have regressed financially and morally in the last 50 years.

They fail to see how badly they were used by the leftists and hold blame on things

that have no bearing on reality.

They are using the past as the big boogie man to justify ending our Constitution as we

know it.

I work with successful black people that did not fall in that trap. Some are my peers and

some in management above me.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Wasn't all men are created equal a renouncement of the aristocracy and nobility?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wasn't all men are created equal a renouncement of the aristocracy and nobility?
View Quote

No, it was an assertion that heterosexual, white, cisgendered men are superior to all other variations of humankind, duh.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#39]
I predicted this would come, along with declaring our Founding Fathers as racist slave owners, so we should ignore whatever they wrote, as it must be racist, too.  And those that can't seem to defeat the Second Amendment might just try to take them all out at once and start over with an updated Constitution.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#40]
We killed 500,000 whites to make it true.  Have some gratitude.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#41]
There are planes and ships that leave the USA and travel all over the world.  

If you find a better country, I suggest you board one, and leave.  Otherwise, STFU!
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#43]
It's Barbara Norton. Everyone in NW Louisiana knows she's an idiot of the highest order. The only reason she gets elected is that her district is almost exclusively FSA and she usually runs unopposed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

We slave now
View Quote
To the government.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

She assumes that Africans people of color were the only people ever to be enslaved...........
View Quote
It's pretty much what they teach in the critical race theory in the universities.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Suck my big, fat, white privilege, bitch.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

And several million more overseas to keep it that way.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Do you all even history?
View Quote
You act like white people were the only ones to practice slavery in the entirety of history and that blacks weren't slave owners themselves in the colonies.
Or that disenfranchisement is only done by whites to everyone else. That blacks weren't slavers themselves and sell other blacks into slavery. That Muslims were enslaving Africans 1000 years before the first African slaves were brought to the Americas.

So much denial.

Do you history bro?

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
To the government.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We slave now
To the government.  

and FSA
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Ignorant savage

Plus ca change..........and all of that sophiste merde
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top