Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
no

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only if Robert Downey Junior plays Kunta Kinte, otherwise it is racist.

It is time for a white Kunta.
View Quote

what part is Will Smith playing? What part is his idiot son playing? or are they too mainstream to be involved?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
No
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh HELL No
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A lot of black people have died serving this county to preserve the white peoples freedom and No I am not black, I am white and have always appreciated those blacks that have sacrificed for us white guys.

When we get over the fact that color does not matter, we will be far further in this game called life.  Memorial Day is about those who have died, not about color.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it's a Fucking Disgrace that Roots will be aired on Memorial Day.

Why?

Memorial Day is for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces, not slavery.

A lot of black people have died serving this county to preserve the white peoples freedom and No I am not black, I am white and have always appreciated those blacks that have sacrificed for us white guys.

When we get over the fact that color does not matter, we will be far further in this game called life.  Memorial Day is about those who have died, not about color.

So, are you saying that White Guys do not appreciate Fallen Black Soldiers or are you feeling the White Guilt and are going to support the showing of Roots on Memorial Day.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#6]
had to vote no, because, there was no fuck no option
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:54:38 PM EDT
[#7]
No. Didn't watch the first one either.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:26:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So, are you saying that White Guys do not appreciate Fallen Black Soldiers or are you feeling the White Guilt and are going to support the showing of Roots on Memorial Day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it's a Fucking Disgrace that Roots will be aired on Memorial Day.

Why?

Memorial Day is for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces, not slavery.

I don't feel guilty about anything, I simply respect those I served with, how about you?  I support, history in all forms.  I will support the showing of roots, just as I have the showing of the history of the revolutionary war civil war, just like I have the assault on Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Normandy, and any other assault our brave young men took part in.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope

Im tired of the black slavery bullshit and don't give a fuck about what people that were not slaves have to say about it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 1:40:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nope
Im tired of the black slavery bullshit and don't give a fuck about what people that were not slaves have to say about it.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 1:45:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I missed the first two versions... won't be watching this one either.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 1:49:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuck no.  Like people need more reasons for racist bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 1:57:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Never seen the original. Can't Imagine I'll go out of my way for th remake.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Lol fuck no.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#15]
My name was kunta
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:01:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

what part is Will Smith playing? What part is his idiot son playing? or are they too mainstream to be involved?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only if Robert Downey Junior plays Kunta Kinte, otherwise it is racist.

It is time for a white Kunta.

Chicken George!
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My name was kunta
View Quote

Grits dummy!

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Not just nay, but hell ___in' nay. I am so tired of seeing history rewritten to serve a political agenda, and feel this will be just more of the same. Slavery happened. People that had nothing to do with it apologized repeatedly. Reparations were made and affirmative action continues as a form of appeasement. And that's still not enough. Get over it. Learn from it and leave it in the past. Quit digging this up as a means to a free ride paid for by people who work for a living.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#20]
No, because even though I broke down and bought a TV a month ago after not having one for 13 years, I don't have cable. Not interested, anyway. Some things shouldn't be remade. I remember the original.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We're gonna get the projector and white sheets out and play it for all the neighborhood kids.  It's gonna be a big event.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I started to watch the first one but nobody scored a basket so I turned it off.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I just found out from my twelve year old that just before they held a mock election at his Episcopal pre-school in 08,
they sat the little tykes down for a discussion on the history of slavery in the America's, with references to
Zero's historical significance

Those leftist bastards I had hired to wipe my kids nose and teach him the alphabet were attempting to guilt load him
by indoctrination at four.

All of the kids in the class except my son and another voted for the braying ass

I may watch it with the boy, just to make sure he knows what's up as with this latest Tavistock social engineering mind fuck
that will no doubt be used as subject material by some Gramscian whore with an NEA extorted public pension next semester.

eta: Probably best just to read reports about it with him though, to not help bump the ratings they will later use as an appeal to authority
by way of public consensus

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#24]
A friend's daughter is in it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#25]
If I were full of white guilt bullshit, maybe. I saw the original 30-40 years ago and that was enough bullshit for me.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Nay
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#28]
No.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Haven't watched any tv other than Japanese news in almost 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll watch it in reverse for a happy ending.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am sure it has nothing to do with an attempt to fan racial flames for political purposes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I think I was 7 or 8 when it first aired.

I care as much now as I did then.
View Quote

Chuck Connors (The Rifleman)  was the main evil white guy in the original.  It stirred the pot pretty good then, too.  Don't be surprised.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I get the white guilt message shoved down my throat in every other aspect of media, fuck willfully subjecting myself to that tripe.
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#35]
LOL. No, hell fucking no.  Its all an attempt to promote white guilt (every one who is not black) to lay the foundation for reparations.  My family and I had NOTHING to do with slavery so they can stick it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Snoop Dogg ain't and he says "enough" of these slave movies.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/snoop-dogg-asks-fans-boycott-898225

"I ain't watching that shit, and I advise you motherf-—ers as real n— like myself; f— them television shows," Snoop said. "Let's create our own shit based on today, how we live and how we inspire people today. Black is what's real. F— that old shit."

He mad.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#37]
I am looking forward to the last episodes with the LBJ New Plantation.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#38]
No.  Didn't watch the first bullshit, revisionist series and certainly won't watch this one.  

Time to move past the old American slavery issue and discuss slavery as it exists in many parts of the world today.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Fuck that Black Thug Propaganda...
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Not just "NO" . . .

. . . but . . .

. . . "F*** NO"

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#41]
No. Just no.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Just in time for summer.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I heard some bitch on NPR talking about how important it was for people tomwatch...

Because America hasn't talked about slavery and racism.

LOL.  Have we talked about anything else since about 1965?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Snoop Dogg ain't and he says "enough" of these slave movies.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/snoop-dogg-asks-fans-boycott-898225

"I ain't watching that shit, and I advise you motherf-—ers as real n— like myself; f— them television shows," Snoop said. "Let's create our own shit based on today, how we live and how we inspire people today. Black is what's real. F— that old shit."
He mad.

View Quote
Came here to post that.

Also

No. I  saw the original win it first came out. This Generation is too fucked up to see what the original mini series did ad explained.

Just seeing the commercials and out takes. The current version is meant to start riots.

Also. Very bad acting.

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#45]
So far, I'm 25 minutes into watching this, and all the slave owners and sellers are African.

The slave trade was going strong before any "Europeans" arrived.

So, although the story is trying to make Europeans responsible because they traded guns for slaves - it makes me take pause about who started this who slave thing.

Signed,

Someone who never owned slaves - and who's ancestry never owned slaves.

PS: Blame Africans, not Americans - they started this and prospered from it, not me or my family.

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Toby!
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm bouncing between Roots and the Western Conference Finals.

My wife pointed out the irony and I got a good chuckle out of it.

Roots is meh so far, I haven't checked back in a while.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Just watch the first 31 minutes.

WTF??

Not even close to the book. Riding horses? having guns? Lots of clothing I don't think are period appropiate. And the village as described in the book is supposed to be fairly small, not a "city".
And why wouldn't the slavers grab some of those men in training?

What a load of crap.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I predict lots of attitude towards oppressors and stoic tear dropping while staring into nothingness.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Not if you tied me in a chair and stapled my eyes open.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top