Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You seem to have plenty of excuses for not using a family restroom (which the Clinton store happens to have btw - actually, two if I remember correctly)- and the fact that parents took their kids into opposite-sex restrooms before family restrooms were available has no bearing on what people are doing today.

In times past it was an exception; today it's becoming the rule. Of course I'm nearly sixty years old, with kids and grandkids of my own, and actually remember these things firsthand.

If you want your daughter to see dicks that's your decision - doesn't bother me in the least. You really don't need to make excuses for it in this day and age though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could the aggressor have thought the father was a pervert who abducted the girl?

Best rule of thumb is for the parent of the same gender as the kid to take the kid into the bathroom.  Family bathrooms seem to be the answer.

That's exactly the type of situation they're there for. Can't "make a statement" using a family restroom for its intended purpose though.

Or, there aren't any in the store..or it's occupied.

News flash chief.  Dads have been taking their young daughters into bathrooms and mom their young sons for decades.

You seem to have plenty of excuses for not using a family restroom (which the Clinton store happens to have btw - actually, two if I remember correctly)- and the fact that parents took their kids into opposite-sex restrooms before family restrooms were available has no bearing on what people are doing today.

In times past it was an exception; today it's becoming the rule. Of course I'm nearly sixty years old, with kids and grandkids of my own, and actually remember these things firsthand.

If you want your daughter to see dicks that's your decision - doesn't bother me in the least. You really don't need to make excuses for it in this day and age though.

WTF?  I've never seen a dick in a public bathroom.  Are you a meatgazer?  Sound's like you're the one with the issues.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This bathroom debate has really unleashed the tard in a lot of people.
View Quote

This seriously.  Nobody gave a rats ass who used what restroom before all of this bullshit.  Chicks with dicks went to the women's restroom and nobody batted an eye.  Now we have retards freaking out because a father doesnt want to leave his young child sitting outside the bathroom so he takes her with him.  I have two young daughters, when they were babies and toddlers where the fuck do you think I took them when we needed to go the bathroom?  Into the mens room!  OH TEH NOES!!!!!  

I guess I was supposed to push my toddler into the women's room and hope for the best while standing at the door.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This seriously.  Nobody gave a rats ass who used what restroom before all of this bullshit.  Chicks with dicks went to the women's restroom and nobody batted an eye.  Now we have retards freaking out because a father doesnt want to leave his young child sitting outside the bathroom so he takes her with him.  I have two young daughters, when they were babies and toddlers where the fuck do you think I took them when we needed to go the bathroom?  Into the mens room!  OH TEH NOES!!!!!  

I guess I was supposed to push my toddler into the women's room and hope for the best while standing at the door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This bathroom debate has really unleashed the tard in a lot of people.

The funny part is it wasn't that long ago when people were polite and you'd hear comments about cute kids.   Now we've got people freaking out because little kids are doing things w/ their parents.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could the aggressor have thought the father was a pervert who abducted the girl?

Best rule of thumb is for the parent of the same gender as the kid to take the kid into the bathroom.  Family bathrooms seem to be the answer.

That's exactly the type of situation they're there for. Can't "make a statement" using a family restroom for its intended purpose though.

News flash chief.  Dads have been taking their young daughters into bathrooms and mom their young sons for decades.

How many dicks do you see in the men's room?  I don't remember the last time I was in a public restroom and saw someone's dick.(not that I go looking.)

I took my girls in the men's room if there wasn't a family bathroom available. No big deal, walk in to the stall and close the door. No dicks.

I don't let them go to the ladies room alone until they have a good handle on how to not touch nasty stuff.  The women's rooms I have been in have been pretty nasty.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, I can see my wife waiting on 3 and 4 year olds to come out of the men's room on their own. 30 seconds? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

She'd be offering strange men 5 bucks a head to go tell the boys to "quit fucking around and get out there!" after 20 minutes of waiting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bring my 5yo daughter into the men's room sometimes, too.  Should I leave her to stand outside the door by herself?  Bring it on, motherfucker.

No civilized men have either their wives take their daughter to the women's restroom or they take their daughter to a family restroom.

Not when I'm by myself.  ETA:  And there's no family restroom.  Come to think of it, the only place I've seen with family restrooms is Target.  Hm.

Yes, standing outside the door for 30 seconds is preferable to bringing her in.

Lol no.  Maybe in a year or two.

Yeah, I can see my wife waiting on 3 and 4 year olds to come out of the men's room on their own. 30 seconds? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

She'd be offering strange men 5 bucks a head to go tell the boys to "quit fucking around and get out there!" after 20 minutes of waiting.

If your children behave so badly in public perhaps you should leave them home  until they are better behaived or get some parenting lessons.
Bet you take them to the restaurant and pretend they aren't ruining everyone's night too
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If your children behave so badly in public perhaps you should leave them home  until they are better behaived or get some parenting lessons.
Bet you take them to the restaurant and pretend they aren't ruining everyone's night too
View Quote

More advice from the childless, thanks for the help, but we're all good here.  You can go back to painting the basement ceiling so your mom doesn't get upset.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"I ain't letting my daughter go into that ladies bathroom all by herself, any guy can just walk in there now that them dang trannies have rights! I'm takin' her into the men's room with ME where she ain't gonna see no dicks!"

View Quote

My 5 year old daughter ain't going nowhere without me, period. Female sex abusers are real.

I don't care how many dicks my kid may or may not see. I do care about her being threatened or abused without me there to protect her.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He deserved a beating for that douche haircut too
View Quote

My first thought.

Coif your hair like that and you should plan on getting your ass beat just in general principle.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

More advice from the childless, thanks for the help, but we're all good here.  You can go back to painting the basement ceiling so your mom doesn't get upset.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may speak for all at the trailer park, but not all here
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My 5 year old daughter ain't going nowhere without me, period. Female sex abusers are real.

I don't care how many dicks my kid may or may not see. I do care about her being threatened or abused without me there to protect her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"I ain't letting my daughter go into that ladies bathroom all by herself, any guy can just walk in there now that them dang trannies have rights! I'm takin' her into the men's room with ME where she ain't gonna see no dicks!"

People really don't understand this, or the extent of it. It is FAR more widespread than you would think

That's why I've thought this whole argument about abuse due to trannies was stupid to begin with. Keep an eye on your kids and don't leave them alone with anyone if you can help it. Babysitters, daycares, cousins... doesn't matter.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Although this isn't it

It's time for some cultural push back on a national scale.

The only reason evil triumphs.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What do you think happens at school?

Please think before you post next time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bring my 5yo daughter into the men's room sometimes, too.  Should I leave her to stand outside the door by herself?  Bring it on, motherfucker.

No civilized men have either their wives take their daughter to the women's restroom or they take their daughter to a family restroom.

A) You're not always out with the wife.

B) There aren't always family restrooms available.

C) At the age she was going in if the right thing to do...

Please think before you post next time.

They're supervised. That's what I recall anyways. And strangers aren't just allowed in the school willy nilly. It's not perfect, but there are mechanisms to prevent abduction.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I used to stand outside the women's restroom and hold the door slightly open so I could talk to my young daughter periodically to
make sure she was okay. I never had any women complain.
View Quote

That's a genius plan,  I'll need to try that next time I am at the local college bar.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#14]
This whole fucking thread is laughable.

Dudes who never go by themselves  with out a family restroom/wife available. Check.

Dudes who send their fucking FIVE YEAR OLD into a bathroom by themselves. Check

Dudes who think that somehow a child is going to see a man's junk just by walking over to the shitter. Check

Dudes who think that the father deserved what he got. Check

What the fuck.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#15]
If some mouth breather starts beating on me because I take my 3 year old daughter to the men's room, there's a good chance said mouth breather ends up at room temperature and full of bullet holes.  I hope I never have to use my gun in self defense, but starting a fight when I'm the only person there to protect my daughter is a great way to test my resolve.

My wife isn't with me at all times.  Sometimes you just have to make due.  Most sane people understand that, and we've never had an issue the few times that it has happened.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

WTF?  I've never seen a dick in a public bathroom.  Are you a meatgazer?  Sound's like you're the one with the issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lul, just forgot to include the meatgazers .

Jesus fucking christ.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They're supervised. That's what I recall anyways. And strangers aren't just allowed in the school willy nilly. It's not perfect, but there are mechanisms to prevent abduction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A) You're not always out with the wife.

B) There aren't always family restrooms available.

C) At the age she was going in if the right thing to do...

Please think before you post next time.

Abduction seems to be a common justification in this thread. How could they possibly be abducted from a washroom with one way in/out with you standing outside of it?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#18]
There are several people in this thread that want people to get their children kidnapped.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#19]
You know, before this whole bathroom thing became a national issue, I used to take my daughter (now 14) into the women's restroom, when she had to tinkle or go poo-poo.

That's right. When she had to go (as a little tike), I took her into the ladies room. I stood with her in the stall, and helped her out. Nobody ever said shit. If anything, I got kudos from the ladies for being the coolest Dad ever.

Somehow, this has all been turned on it's head. And it happened in less than 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#20]
It's easy to tell the fathers of daughters. I remember when my daughter was small enough falling into the toilet was a real danger. I took her into the mens room.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me guess, you're single, childless and never felt the warmth of a woman, right?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have a 9 month old daughter and am wondering myself what will I do when she is a little older and im in the same situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a 9 month old daughter and am wondering myself what will I do when she is a little older and im in the same situation.

You do whatever you have to for the safety of your child, and most people will not simply look the other way, but will defend you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#23]
These types of situations are what happen when liberals are allowed to take every day things and turn them into political lightning rods for the sole purpose of controlling society.
The correct course of action is to kick the shit out of the liberal's agenda and keep them out of our lives.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Watch the video.  It was a little girl.  What else is a parent going to do?  The assailant is a nut bag.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's what happens when you try to use a restroom that doesn't go with your birth gender.

That's what North Carolina's trying to prevent.

Watch the video.  It was a little girl.  What else is a parent going to do?  The assailant is a nut bag.  

Agreed
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#26]
These bathroom discussions are never productive. we should ban threads like this
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's what happens when you try to use a restroom that doesn't go with your birth gender.

That's what North Carolina's trying to prevent.

This.

We aren't talking about a teenager here who is having mental issues.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He deserved a beating for that douche haircut too
View Quote

That was a pretty damn funny response.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You know, before this whole bathroom thing became a national issue, I used to take my daughter (now 14) into the women's restroom, when she had to tinkle or go poo-poo.

That's right. When she had to go (as a little tike), I took her into the ladies room. I stood with her in the stall, and helped her out. Nobody ever said shit. If anything, I got kudos from the ladies for being the coolest Dad ever.

Somehow, this has all been turned on it's head. And it happened in less than 10 years.
View Quote

Same here except my kids are now 37 and 32 and parents themselves.

Reminds me of a concert we went to in the late 70's early 80's(Christopher Cross) if I remember. Women's restroom had a very long line, men's very little, guy escorts his girlfriend(or wife) in and stands by the stall till she's done. No big deal, when you gotta go you gotta go.

Roy
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#30]
This isn't rocket science.

It's never been unusual for a parent out by themselves to use whichever bathroom for a young child, because sending them into a public restroom alone is stupid.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#31]
By the time I was five, my parents didn't "take" me to the bathroom. They sent me in to take care of my business.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Until you can't use it because the employees think it's their personal restroom,  that's how it is around here and the managers basically tell you "oh well"if you mention it
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So how's that work for a single dad their sport, someplace where there's not a family restroom, or it's occupied and you're playing "race to the can" to keep your kid from having an accident?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's a little weird.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Target has Family bathrooms

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I walk into the women's room with my daughters. Not  all the way in to the stalls, but stand by the door. Tell her "dad is RIGHT here"....

No female has ever tried to kick my ass over it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Frankly I'd prefer not to be pissing in front of your daughter. Plan ahead.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This whole fucking thread is laughable.

Dudes who never go by themselves  with out a family restroom/wife available. Check.

Dudes who send their fucking FIVE YEAR OLD into a bathroom by themselves. Check

Dudes who think that somehow a child is going to see a man's junk just by walking over to the shitter. Check

Dudes who think that the father deserved what he got. Check

What the fuck.
View Quote

Like it is just totally impossible for a child to see a man's junk in a public restroom.  Impossible!
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Personally, I don't believe the guy's story.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
I have three daughters. The youngest is now 5, and this is exactly what I do, or just stand at the door.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've read a lot of dumb shit on these forums but this has got to be the dumbest.

While I agree that having a parent taking said child into the appropriate bathroom your comment about having her/him wait outside the door for 30 seconds is fucking retarded. I'm gonna go ahead and assume you don't have children. I have a 6 year old little girl and while I will take her into a family restroom I will not leave her anywhere unattended in an unfamiliar location even if I've been to that location a thousand times. She is always within eye-sight and arms reach at all times. You're also god damned right I'd walk through broken glass barefoot to defend her too.

I hope that fuckstick that attacked that dad is beaten to within inches of his life and has to eat through a fucking straw the rest of his miserable existence on this god forsaken planet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Abduction seems to be a common justification in this thread. How could they possibly be abducted from a washroom with one way in/out with you standing outside of it?
View Quote

Your original post suggested the child standing outside the bathroom unattended while the dad did his business. Please go get snipped now so some poor child doesn't have to suffer the consequences of your enlightened, civilized ideals.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#45]
To the poster that mentioned school being out, you sir are the winner of the Internet for the day.

Holy shit! School is not only out but the short bus crashed into a ditch, the driver died and all of the passengers made their way to an Internet cafe.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're the adult. Pee before you leave the house and you'll never even have to go into the public bathroom. Plan ahead.

Little kids (and their bladders) are unpredictable.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Obama's fault.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View Quote

Do you sit to pee?  If not then I doubt you would be pissing in front of his daughter.  Unless of course, you sit to pee.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I've done that a couple times for strange women.  Men's room empty, women's has a line (as usual), woman doing the "peepee dance" so I ask if they want to duck into the men's room and go, as it is empty.  I told them I would guard the door and keep men out and they were VERY grateful.  As you said--no big deal.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>
Reminds me of a concert we went to in the late 70's early 80's(Christopher Cross) if I remember. Women's restroom had a very long line, men's very little, guy escorts his girlfriend(or wife) in and stands by the stall till she's done. No big deal, when you gotta go you gotta go.

Roy

I've done that a couple times for strange women.  Men's room empty, women's has a line (as usual), woman doing the "peepee dance" so I ask if they want to duck into the men's room and go, as it is empty.  I told them I would guard the door and keep men out and they were VERY grateful.  As you said--no big deal.  

Seriously, it wasn't that big of a deal once upon a time.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top