Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 138
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:33:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe so but if he thinks he's going to get a better deal by holding out he's nuts. He needs to fire his agent and tell his mom to shut the fuck up.    

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody grows up dreaming of being a Charger.  
Maybe so but if he thinks he's going to get a better deal by holding out he's nuts. He needs to fire his agent and tell his mom to shut the fuck up.    

Oh I know, despite the team who drafted him he's acting like a diva.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya he is. I hope he sits out the entire draft and re enters the draft next year. No way he gets drafted as high. He's going to have a stigma from now on.

Should have pulled an Eli
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Ready for preseason to end.

Let's go Panthers.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ya he is. I hope he sits out the entire draft and re enters the draft next year. No way he gets drafted as high. He's going to have a stigma from now on.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think players who refuse to go to a team shouldn't be allowed to play. That's bullshit and defeats the purpose of the draft.

From what I understand, chargers are offering a more than fair deal. But I guess teams will usually pay the entire bonus in a rookie season or allow the drafted player to earn his rookie deal and a deal from another team if he's cut from the team that drafts him.

Still, this is super shitty on Bosa's part.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I think players who refuse to go to a team shouldn't be allowed to play. That's bullshit and defeats the purpose of the draft.

From what I understand, chargers are offering a more than fair deal. But I guess teams will usually pay the entire bonus in a rookie season or allow the drafted player to earn his rookie deal and a deal from another team if he's cut from the team that drafts him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he's getting some really bad advice from his agent and his parents. He needs to sign the damn deal.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:46:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think he's getting some really bad advice from his agent and his parents. He needs to sign the damn deal.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

now he is losing money. chargers already said their latest deal got pulled and bosa is gonna make less b/c he's gonna miss games. and if he goes back into the draft just imagine how much he'll lose then.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Fuck that guy.. What makes him that much more special than the #2 guy? Let him go back to the 17 draft... Bet his ass falls more than a few spots from 3rd.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Fuck that guy.. What makes him that much more special than the #2 guy? Let him go back to the 17 draft... Bet his ass falls more than a few spots from 3rd.
View Quote
He'd be lucky to be drafted in the third round. He's pissing away Millions!

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#9]

I was happy the Cowboys didn't draft Bosa at #4 because I think he's overrated and not worth a top 5 pick, but now I'm REALLY happy they didn't.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#11]

that was a dirty hit for a preseason game.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looked awkward as hell too.  As a guy who's had back injuries before it made me cringe.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Looked awkward as hell too.  As a guy who's had back injuries before it made me cringe.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

well I called it earlier in the thread that Romo wouldn't make it out of preseason.  Johnny footballs phone just rang.

That looked really awkward and painful. Just a shit thing to do in a preseason game.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Dang that's a tough break about Romo Hunter Killer
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Zeke - as advertised

Kenny Stills to finally break out this year?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Sucks that it happened in pre-season.  Sucks that a guy gets hurt anytime.

In general pre season players are playing for a roster spot so aggressive play is not out of place in a pre season game.  May not be the case with an established player like Avril, but not really out of place.

FWIW, it looked like he was simply going for the ball as Romo started his slide.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Zeke - as advertised

Kenny Stills to finally break out this year?
View Quote
stills has been killing it this offseason.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

In general pre season players are playing for a roster spot so aggressive play is not out of place in a pre season game.  May not be the case with an established player like Avril, but not really out of place.

FWIW, it looked like he was simply going for the ball as Romo started his slide.

View Quote
Can't go for the ball after the QB starts his slide.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

meh, one of those things.  Kind of all happened at the same time.  If it's dirty, it may be looked at again and the player fined.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Romo might be done for his career for all I know, but according to reports he was moving around fine and wanted to get back in the game. The coaches were having none of it.

Also one would think it they thought it even might be serious Romo would have been taken to the back to be looked at by team doctors.  Not still sitting on the sidelines.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:08:17 AM EDT
[#21]
i think romo scrambling in a preseason game is the worst part of that entire sequence.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

i think romo scrambling in a preseason game is the worst part of that entire sequence.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, that was definitely ill advised.  I guess after having something be second nature for over a decade it's hard to stop.

IF the reports are accurate and he's okay the silver lining is maybe this will be a big enough wake up call to help prevent him from doing something similar that could end his season.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an Elway. Eli pulled an Elway. John Elway was the first to do it, hell, he almost quit football and played for the Yankees to get his way.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#25]
The top two stories on ESPN's homepage are both about the Cowboys and one has nothing to do with what happened on the field and would be a non-story for 99% of the players on other teams.

Must be football season.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah, that was definitely ill advised.  I guess after having something be second nature for over a decade it's hard to stop.

IF the reports are accurate and he's okay the silver lining is maybe this will be a big enough wake up call to help prevent him from doing something similar that could end his season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's typical of any team to announce that it's all good.
I bet Romo will be under heavy medical scrutiny, as he should be, and for sure he will not play until the regular season if at all.
I would hate to see decisions made that puts the guy into a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

As much dislike that I have for Dallas I do not wish to see their franchise quarterback permanently crippled.

I think he is done.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Mingo to NE; another fine Farmer draft choice - good riddance.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The top two stories on ESPN's homepage are both about the Cowboys and one has nothing to do with what happened on the field and would be a non-story for 99% of the players on other teams.

Must be football season.
View Quote

I saw the Elliot pot shop one on Yahoo.  Jerry's kids love off field drama.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mingo to NE; another fine Farmer draft choice - good riddance.
View Quote

As a displaced Pats fan stuck living 20 minutes away from Lucas Oil Stadium, I am always curious about the random bargain basement trades that the Pats pick up from the Browns.  I mean Belichick was a failed Browns coach-what 15+ years ago.  Seems like he always looks toward Cleveland for folks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Dolphins looked surprisingly good last night.  I guess they are doing their usual flash of talent in the preseason to get us fans excited before they shit the bed and turn to total shit
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i mean i guess hit other option was to stand there and get clobbered by that big ass dude chasing him down... lose lose...

i'd honestly like him to be healthy this season b/c i think skins and cowboys can have a couple good games against each other..
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must be football season.

With as many places are covering it like it's a major story you'd think he was seen coming out of a crack house. I don't smoke pot, but if I was in one of the first states in US history where it was legal and saw my first ever pot store I'd be curious to have a look around.

The only website I checked this morning that didn't have it as a top story was NFL.com.  They focused on his play on the field last night and him making Kam Chancellor look like a scout team player.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

i mean i guess hit other option was to stand there and get clobbered by that big ass dude chasing him down... lose lose...

i'd honestly like him to be healthy this season b/c i think skins and cowboys can have a couple good games against each other..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the exception of the December game in 2014 they do tend to play each other pretty close.

Thankfully none of the games are on Sunday Night Football so I don't have to be subjected to that cocksucker Bob Costas drone on about how racist it is for a team to be named "Redskins."
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#34]
That hit he laid into Chancellor popped me right back into football mode. Preseason usually doesn't do it for me but that shot got me excited.

If Romo is ACTUALLY totally fine, then we might be witnessing the creation of a real life Ricky Bobby. Every time he gets hit he's gonna roll around on the ground trying to put out the fire.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
Matt Miller ?@nfldraftscout Aug 24

Lot of people seem to be blaming Bosa, when the Chargers are offering a contract that no other top 5 pick since the CBA has signed (1/2)

Remember: Chargers want offset AND to defer 50% of Bosa's bonus until 2017. No other top 5 pick has done both.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Lot of people seem to be blaming Bosa, when the Chargers are offering a contract that no other top 5 pick since the CBA has signed (1/2)

Remember: Chargers want offset AND to defer 50% of Bosa's bonus until 2017. No other top 5 pick has done both.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah; I think the Chargers are the ones looking like asses.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chargers offered him 85% of his signing bonus this year. They have all the leverage and he needs to suck it up and sign. He's about to loss millions of dollars because he's being an idiot and believes whatever his agent and mom are telling him.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Chargers offered him 85% of his signing bonus this year. They have all the leverage and he needs to suck it up and sign. He's about to loss millions of dollars because he's being an idiot and believes whatever his agent and mom are telling him.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope Urban Meyer calls him and tells him to sign the damn contract. Maybe that will bring him to his senses.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Mind not changed because of what bookertbab posted.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Jameis is ballin. Passing game looks skrong.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the only game on TV right now, but yeah he is looking good against the Browns.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's the only game on TV right now, but yeah he is looking good against the Browns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks good period.

Then again I'm used to Titans QBs.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

they're playing the Clowns

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Lol panthers getting creamed
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last TD pass was by an NC State grad.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
Is scam pouting under his towel yet?

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do they do post game pressers for preseason
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Cam played like ass tonight

And Chancellor looked a little butthurt last night after he couldn't tackle Ezekiel by himself
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I think the Seahawks are going to make it to the Superbowl this season.

Wilson came back into his own confidence level last night and he has a lot of talent to go to, plus the defence.
Team really looked like they are gelling, loose and determined.

Looking forward to another great year !

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think the Seahawks are going to make it to the Superbowl this season.

Wilson came back into his own confidence level last night and he has a lot of talent to go to, plus the defence.
Team really looked like they are gelling, loose and determined.

Looking forward to another great year !

View Quote

Yeah, he sure did look good with his first team offense playing against the Cowboys 2nd and 3rd stringers.
Page / 138
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top