Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2016 2:43:33 PM EDT
Wanting to look at other IWB options and have read a lot on this one.

Seems interesting,  just curious if anyone is using one and their thoughts. On my phone now but will link to it when I get home if needed.  But it's the stealthgear onyx.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Screw it. They're having a little sale for Memorial day so I ordered their custom patriot kydex iwb.  

Will post a review once I get it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an onyx. I love it. I forget it is there even in the hot AZ summer. It rides really well and disappears on my body. If you happen to not like it they do have a 30 day guarantee.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Checked them out at the nra convention. I like them, just too expensive.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
My second one just came today.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an onyx. I love it. I forget it is there even in the hot AZ summer. It rides really well and disappears on my body. If you happen to not like it they do have a 30 day guarantee.
View Quote

I debated the original onyx vs the new reduced size, but went with the original.

I'm pretty good sized with a bit of a beer gut, hopefully it's the right choice.  We'll see when it gets here. Could be up to 45 days. ...
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

What pistols you carry in them?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I've tried many of the major brands out there over the years, SG is the best IMO.  

You'll love it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Own 2, sold my other holsters

Love em.

Carry a cz 75 compact daily and a springfield loaded occasionally
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Stealth Gear is the best - period.  I'll be selling my comp tac minotaurs & cross breeds off.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stealth Gear is the best - period.  I'll be selling my comp tac minotaurs & cross breeds off.
View Quote

Good to hear. Hopefully my experience is similar.

I have a Crossbreed for my 19 and like it,  but I'd like to carry the Shield more.  Will compare the 2.

Anyone have any idea of their current lead time?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Am I the only one who has a terrible time navigating their site? I just want to look at the holsters. I want a picture of each of the holsters.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't recall the model name, I have the appendix rig for my Shield, and it is pretty comfortable for what it is. Price is in the higher end of what I'd want to pay for a holster such as this, as well as the shipping timeframes. I was told when I ordered it would take 45 days, and I'd get an email with shipping info, the holster was about a week earlier than quoted, but no email arrived, so it was a pleasant surprise in the mail, but the CS did state when I asked that shipping quotes are not exaggerated on their end of things, so expect to wait the full quoted amount of time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wanting to look at other IWB options and have read a lot on this one.

Seems interesting,  just curious if anyone is using one and their thoughts. On my phone now but will link to it when I get home if needed.  But it's the stealthgear onyx.
View Quote

I have one on order.. about 35 days in of 45 they say it usually takes. This is for my XD .45
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Tag. Will be needing a new holster for a 1911

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:18:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who has a terrible time navigating their site? I just want to look at the holsters. I want a picture of each of the holsters.
View Quote

I have no issue finding pictures of their standard holsters,  but when I ordered this special edition patriot kydex I couldn't find a picture.

Lol I still haven't. Not that it really matters, it's concealed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#19]
There isn't an IWB holster maker that can hold a fart in the wind to Stealthgear
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig 938, Glock 43. Going to buy two more - one for my Sig 320sc and my G26.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#21]
I have one for my glock 19.
I love it, more expensive than crossbreed and aliengear but way better in many ways.
Smaller, hides better and is cooler.
The crossbreed is hot and the aliengear feels and concels like 2x6 plank
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, good deal. Seems like everyone is impressed. Looking forward to getting mine.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I carry a G23 in a Stealthgear Onyx.  It's simply the best holster I've ever used, bar none.    It's not hot at all,  it's extremely comfortable,  it holds the G23 very well, with no digging.  I don't notice any hot spot on my hip or anything.  

I'll be getting another one for my 1911 for the few times a year i carry it.  Great holsters.  If you're in Utah,  call Jim Barker at Inner10sports.com, he got mine fast and for a good price.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Love mine, even in the Texas summer it's still breathable and without "hot spots" as mentioned earlier. I have one for my shield

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Love mine, even in the Texas summer it's still breathable and without "hot spots" as mentioned earlier. I have one for my shield

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff519/goobax1/2e9c616d-107d-4d97-aa23-8c5b2ca31daa.jpg
View Quote

Very nice.  Have any of you had to adjust the cant, or ride height?  That is important to me,  or at least has been with other holsters.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Very nice.  Have any of you had to adjust the cant, or ride height?  That is important to me,  or at least has been with other holsters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff519/goobax1/2e9c616d-107d-4d97-aa23-8c5b2ca31daa.jpg

Yea, I moved one of the clips one notch. My favorite holster by far and I've tried all the major ones.

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I received an Onyx a couple weeks for my 938 and it was plug & play,no adjustments necessary. I'll be ordering another shortly for my 320.
There's a couple of Ebay sellers that have a few available for certain gun models,but looks like they're selling out so pickings are pretty slim. I got the last 938 holster they had.

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Ill be "that" guy.  I ordered one.  It took a hell of a lot longer than I expected, based on their guidance.  Supposed to be 2 weeks, it was close to 2 months.

Once it arrived it just wasn't comfortable.  CZ P-07.  Granted, I have not carried enough to be broken in.  But compared to my Crossbreeds, I am meh.  Might change as I carry more.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ill be "that" guy.  I ordered one.  It took a hell of a lot longer than I expected, based on their guidance.  Supposed to be 2 weeks, it was close to 2 months.

Once it arrived it just wasn't comfortable.  CZ P-07.  Granted, I have not carried enough to be broken in.  But compared to my Crossbreeds, I am meh.  Might change as I carry more.  
View Quote

Everyone is different,  can't be perfect for everyone you know?

The site shows a generic 45 day lead time. I can wait, it'll be here when it gets here.

I carry my 19 in a Crossbreed and like it. But I do notice the hot spot.  Plus, while it's more comfortable than other IWB's I've carried,  it could be more comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#30]
I've had one for my Walther P99 compact for a few years. Just ordered one for my new P30sk.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#31]
I have one for a g43, liked it so much i now have 1 for my g19.high price yes,but its worth it to me as comfortable as they are ,especially in our hot humid summers
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The site shows a generic 45 day lead time. I can wait, it'll be here when it gets here.

I carry my 19 in a Crossbreed and like it. But I do notice the hot spot.  Plus, while it's more comfortable than other IWB's I've carried,  it could be more comfortable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That was my problem with them, website showed something like 2 week ship time.  When I emailed after the first month I was told it would ship that week and it didn't.  If you look around it isn't all that uncommon with them.

Neat design idea though, I hope I end up liking it.  

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#33]
I like their holsters, not real impressed with their customer service.  

Received a holster with quality issues and was told I'd have a replacement in about a week, took almost a month.

Left them an honest, less than favorable quality review, they didn't post it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Damn, good deal. Seems like everyone is impressed. Looking forward to getting mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's put it this way - I HATE carrying IWB... and the Onyx won me over.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#35]
I have been on the fence about ordering one of these, I may finally have to just do it. Thanks to all above for their input, good or bad.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I find mine to be bulky and has to much retention even when I back out the screws... prefer my MTAC...
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice. All the research I did seemed to show about 9-1 love it vs hate it.  Hopefully I'll be in the former camp.

I assume they'll send me an email tomorrow,  hopefully won't have to wait too long...
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I carry a XD-S 9mm in an Onyx every day. I love it. I managed to bend one of the belt clips badly though, so I just replaced them both with the plastic ones from my old Alien Gear holster.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I carry a XD-S 9mm in an Onyx every day. I love it. I managed to bend one of the belt clips badly though, so I just replaced them both with the plastic ones from my old Alien Gear holster.
View Quote

Metal clips? Think polymer is standard? Maybe I'm confused.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:08:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe now, I don't know. Mine came with metal ones.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:15:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Researched the crap out of this one.  Hickock45 mentioned liking it in one of his vids and that convinced me to order their new mini-IWB model for my recently acquired Walther PPS M2.  Figure it will be much nicer down here in South Florida during swamp ass season compared to the crossbreed I was originally considering.

Ordered just last week so can't give an honest review just yet.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:40:07 AM EDT
[#42]
What was the sale?  Is it still going on?

ETA: is it just me or does the cant on their IWB holster look like a lot more than 15 degrees?  I know it's adjustable, but if you move one of the clips for less cant it probably goes to near vertical instead of 10-15 degrees.  Or are the pictures just fooling me; they are on an angle afterall which is kind of dumb...

Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah site is poorly designed.  You have to first choose a gun and then get to see what holsters are available for that gun.  They should just have a link right on the home page to pictures and descriptions of all their products...
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:43:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

They told me flat out in the email they sent me saying they were starting my order that 45 days is the typical time frame.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Looking at the new ones, they do now come with polymer clips by default. Mine is over 2 years old now.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

ETA: is it just me or does the cant on their IWB holster look like a lot more than 15 degrees?  I know it's adjustable, but if you move one of the clips for less cant it probably goes to near vertical instead of 10-15 degrees.  Or are the pictures just fooling me; they are on an angle afterall which is kind of dumb...

Yeah site is poorly designed.  You have to first choose a gun and then get to see what holsters are available for that gun.  They should just have a link right on the home page to pictures and descriptions of all their products...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Was a memorial day Sale. Nothing major.  Free shipping and free upgrade to fde. As well as a limited patriot color scheme.

But it's iwb lol.  Free shipping helps though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top