Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh yes, this. All of this.

Remember the skin on his arm that you could roll up to see his bionics? And there was a tiny window in the back of his head that you could look through to see the world through his eye. I felt stronger after looking through.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TV Dinners in foil.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/tv-dinner.jpg

Put that shit on a folding tray, turn on some Hee Haw, strew some Six Million Dollar Man toys on the floor and you have my childhood

Oh yes, this. All of this.

Remember the skin on his arm that you could roll up to see his bionics? And there was a tiny window in the back of his head that you could look through to see the world through his eye. I felt stronger after looking through.

FUCK YES!

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My foggy memory seems to remember sliced beef in gravy and sliced turkey in gravy that came frozen in plastic pouches.
Boil the pouch, cut open and serve over bread or toast for a hot open faced sammich.
View Quote

Sirloin Tips!
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes, but all the other stuff still applied. At least at our Pizza Hut. That was a night out.
View Quote

I used to wear those Pac-Man machines OUT.

I made the papers around here a few times for having high scores all over town.

1 joint in Crawfordsville, IN told me not to come back anymore after I won their $100 tourney for the 8th time.      
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Chef Boy Ardee Ravioli and a big slice of govt cheese and Country Time lemonade. That cheese would block you up for a couple days too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#6]

It's pretty sad when even the advertisement (which you know was 10x better looking than the actual product) looks inedible.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Hah! We had one of those, and the deluxe model that made 2 burgers at once! We thought they were the epitome of modern technology...
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's pretty sad when even the advertisement (which you know was 10x better looking than the actual product) looks inedible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Though the crust was a huge pain in the ass to deal with, they were pretty badass for their time. I used to look forward to them with some bacon, hamburger and onions thrown on.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

1 joint in Crawfordsville, IN told me not to come back anymore after I won their $100 tourney for the 8th time.      
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, but all the other stuff still applied. At least at our Pizza Hut. That was a night out.

We had the one machine, so you had to know the etiquette or else the other kids would get mad. Just because you had a pocketful of change doesn't mean you get to stay on the machine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They became common in the 1980s. I knew one family (a wealthy one) who had one before 1979.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, we have a lot of old farts here!!!   (considering that microwaves became common in the 1960s)

They became common in the 1980s. I knew one family (a wealthy one) who had one before 1979.

They were even rather expensive in the early 80's.  It was a very big deal when we got one, and an even bigger deal when I killed it by microwaving a metal pot for ten minutes trying to melt chocolate.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#12]
You heathens don't remember bbq beef ribs from kfc?

Huge beef ribs dredged in flour with 87 Herbs and spices and pressure fried to perfection than drenched in the kernels tangy bbq sauce. The flour dredge made the sauce stick to the ribs like glue!

That was good fast food!
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
TV Dinners in foil.

Put that shit on a folding tray, turn on some Hee Haw, strew some Six Million Dollar Man toys on the floor and you have my childhood
View Quote

Yep, but I hated the ones with the cranberry deserts, I felt cheated out of desert.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Hungry Child® meals
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We had the one machine, so you had to know the etiquette or else the other kids would get mad. Just because you had a pocketful of change doesn't mean you get to stay on the machine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL I used to play 1 quarter till I just got tired of playing. (when conditions allowed, I wasn't an asshole and had a game at my local bar where I could practice all I wanted. The bar owner used to back me in tournaments for half the money)

It was funny though, I'd be way up there and a crowd had gathered to watch. I'd just park him and go piss. Come back and look around and ask if anybody wanted to take it, go ahead.

They'd last about .87 seconds and everybody'd laugh.

I actually made a decent amount of money playing Pac-Man.

Good times.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My foggy memory seems to remember sliced beef in gravy and sliced turkey in gravy that came frozen in plastic pouches.
Boil the pouch, cut open and serve over bread or toast for a hot open faced sammich.
View Quote

We used to by the "boil in bag" meals when we got married in '87.
Then I learned to cook.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We didn't get ours until the mid-80s and even then they weren't everywhere.

View Quote

I think we got our first one in 1987.  My grandparents didn't get theirs until 1993 or so and my grandfather promptly almost burned the house down by sticking hotdogs in a metal pot in there and turning the timer to 20 minutes.  Grandma had neglected to make him lunch before she went into town.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Steak-umms. 75% fat-25% something else. But they cook fast.
View Quote

Have you seen the price of those lately?    

I dearly love 'em but I refuse to be robbed.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
TV Dinners in foil.

View Quote

We had the same mom.
Wonder if you can even buy the foil wrapped ones anymore?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yes, some things are hard to forget.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of sammiches. Anybody remember pimento loaf?

Yep, P & P (pickle and pimento), cheese, liver loaf, and bologna. Ham was expensive. Pork and Beans, Campbells soup, Weiners, and various chips.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#22]

We ate quite a few of those.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#23]
THR-Thumper is correct.  TV dinners were it.  Pop it in the oven and serve.  I liked them as a child and won't touch them as an adult.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wow, we have a lot of old farts here!!!   (considering that microwaves became common in the 1960s)
View Quote

Not in my neighborhood
I remember hearing my uncle tell my dad that he knew a guy who cooked a steak in one in 2 minutes..
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The "hotdogger"........
Basically a device for heating hot dogs through electrocution!!
Anyone remember those?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUAkezGstlQ
View Quote

We had one..yuck
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#26]
yeah, tv dinners, how I developed a hankering for tater tots
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We ate quite a few of those.
View All Quotes

In my early teens I was a wizard at them.
That's what Mom said, so I would keep doing the work.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep, P & P (pickle and pimento), cheese, liver loaf, and bologna. Ham was expensive. Pork and Beans, Campbells soup, Weiners, and various chips.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of sammiches. Anybody remember pimento loaf?

Don't forget Old Fashioned (Dutch) loaf.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Salami! There was a locally made beer salami in the Detroit area I loved, made by Kowalski, I think. Forget about putting in a sammich. I'd just roll up slices and eat it, washed down with Faygo Rock & Rye.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You heathens don't remember bbq beef ribs from kfc?

Huge beef ribs dredged in flour with 87 Herbs and spices and pressure fried to perfection than drenched in the kernels tangy bbq sauce. The flour dredge made the sauce stick to the ribs like glue!

That was good fast food!
View Quote

I remember KFC's Chicken Fricassee that came frozen in a large tinfoil baking pan. That was back around 1978,  when KFC was not bad..
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top