Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2016 7:14:45 AM EDT

A Bronx man told police that he turned the tables on a gun-toting robber who broke into his home Tuesday, shooting the thug with his own gun, police sources said.

Oneil Desilva, 22, was blasted in the left arm, left buttocks and torso inside a multifamily home on East 220th Street near Carpenter Avenue in Olinville at around 12:15 p.m., sources said.

One neighbor said he saw a few men walking into the home earlier in the day. The resident said the home “has a long history of trouble with the cops.”

No arrests have been made.

Link

I was always told in NYC that if you shoot someone breaking into your house....it is always with "their" gun

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#1]
The home owner is lucky they're not charging him with attempted murder
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:39:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I was always told by cops and people in general that it's always the bad guys gun, never yours, most guns in NYC are unregistered and unlicenced. So, hell no, that gun don't belong to me, he was trying to kill me, we wrestled with the gun and I shot him with it
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#3]
"You broke into the wrong rec room you....."  

"Oh that was his gun.  He uh, dropped it".
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's still early.

The Brooklyn DA was thinking of prosecuting this guy for weapons possession after his incident.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a scumbag on scumbag shooting.

But the big picture is NYC forcing regular folks to be criminals due to the tarded gun laws.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's still early.

The Brooklyn DA was thinking of prosecuting this guy for weapons possession after his incident.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's still early.

My cousin lives in maspeth queens and and he told me the process he had to go through to get a 1911 for home protection. Talk about a fucking night mare.

You need a residence permit just to store a pistol in your home. Then you need a pistol permit and you only have 30 days to purchase your pistol or you lose the license. And you can only take your pistol from your home to the shooting range and back or face charges. Plus it has to be registered and safe compliant.

Fucking abomination.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My cousin lives in maspeth queens and and he told me the process he had to go through to get a 1911 for home protection. Talk about a fucking night mare.
You need a residence permit just to store a pistol in your home. Then you need a pistol permit and you only have 30 days to purchase your pistol or you lose the license. And you can only take your pistol from your home to the shooting range and back or face charges. Plus it has to be registered and safe compliant.
Fucking abomination.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's still early.

Fucking abomination.

Just ask our own Arfcommer DaveM4P99, he is constantly at war with the license division there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just ask our own Arfcommer DaveM4P99, he is constantly at war with the license division there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's still early.

Fucking abomination.

When I used to take my guns down there to 1PP to get inspected, the line was always out the door, and the cop who inspected the guns looked like a lush with the nose gin blossoms reeking of alcohol breath, he looked like he had one foot in the grave.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Blasted
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's still early.

Fucking abomination.

Cops always told us if we had our weapons in the trunk in a locked box with mags and ammo out, you are always going to the range, even if the cop pulled you over at midnight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top