Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/24/2016 1:46:48 PM EDT
Link

A Fairlawn police officer has been charged for leading officers on a high-speed pursuit while he was off-duty.

According to police, Justin Herstich was off duty when an officer clocked him driving 77 miles per hour in a 35-mile-per-hour zone on W. Market Street near Shiawassee Avenue around 1:44 a.m. Saturday.

An officer made a U-turn behind Herstich's vehicle and activated his overhead lights. Herstich failed to stop and continued westbound on W. Market Street before turning northbound onto Ghent Road and eastbound on Smith Road.

Herstich pulled his vehicle into a driveway on Lake of the Woods Boulevard and turned off all the lights.

The pursuing officer pulled into the driveway behind Herstich's vehicle and other officers joined the scene to assit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
We looked at it just as we would anyone else.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Passenger facing no charges, both went home that night, no impairment testing, bullshit misdimeanor charge. I'm sure that's how it would go down with non cops. What a joke. And the chief just looks beat down by it all.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you boys like Mexiicccoooo!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#6]
So we can go to Ohio and act the same way?

Mmmkay
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Well Hello Shirley!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#8]
So no speeding ticket as well
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

eta: He was charged after the fact.

Herstich is charged with failure to comply, reckless operation and speeding. Fairlawn police say departmental administrative action is currently under review.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#10]
What does the gif represent?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Peace, love and unity.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Peace, love and unity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Peace, love and unity.

Extorris is a cop, GD is supposed to hate them right?

So year, sounds like some solid plu.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#13]
What's the problem, he's a cop, we've been informed in another thread that traffic laws don't apply to cops and to say otherwise is to ask a plumber for a medical diagnosis.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#14]
West Market, Ghent, Smith, that's a very busy area to be running at 80 mph

In before Treaty of Ghent gags
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#15]
"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Based on the Paradise, CA incident, GD would argue that there was no "chase" there and no crime beyond speeding.  And oh yea, they should not have had their guns out at the stop either.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What's the problem, he's a cop, we've been informed in another thread that traffic laws don't apply to cops and to say otherwise is to ask a plumber for a medical diagnosis.
View Quote

What you did there - is idiotic.  But not unexpected.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Based on the Paradise, CA incident, GD would argue that there was no "chase" there and no crime beyond speeding.  And oh yea, they should not have had their guns out at the stop either.
View Quote

Bravo. Well played sir.

I'd like to see a bit more of the dash cam to see if there is any signs of intoxication.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Passenger facing no charges, both went home that night, no impairment testing, bullshit misdimeanor charge. I'm sure that's how it would go down with non cops. What a joke. And the chief just looks beat down by it all.
View Quote

What would you charge the passenger with?  Did you see any signs of intoxication that would warrant FSTs?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

And here we go down the rabbit hole

Looks like the passenger is laughing. I'm guessing it was a poor attempt at a bad prank. Stupid as fuck too
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Based on this post you have some serious problems with either reading comprehension or formulating logical arguments.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm unsympathetic your your arguments about received cultural knowledge.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did the guy in the Paradise incident go flying past the cop?

Would have been a real interesting thread if this guy had rolled the car and the cop pulls up and shoots him as he's getting out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What would you charge the passenger with?  Did you see any signs of intoxication that would warrant FSTs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The passenger? I'm sure there's something. How about being a cop and sitting by while your buddy cop runs from other cops? He should be held to a higher standard. And no, the very short video that didn't show them out of the car didn't give me any reason to believe they are intoxicated, I just assumed you'd need to be impaired to do something as fucking stupid as running from the cops for a speeding ticket as a cop. That about cover it? Go lick boot somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Would have been a real interesting thread if this guy had rolled the car and the cop pulls up and shoots him as he's getting out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly what the guy in the CA incident did...
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure what that means? Fivepoint has a good point, not you
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The passenger? I'm sure there's something. How about being a cop and sitting by while your buddy cop runs from other cops? He should be held to a higher standard. And no, the very short video that didn't show them out of the car didn't give me any reason to believe they are intoxicated, I just assumed you'd need to be impaired to do something as fucking stupid as running from the cops for a speeding ticket as a cop. That about cover it? Go lick boot somewhere else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it - you're talking out your ass and you try to cover your ignorance with a "Go lick boot somewhere else".............
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

They get all hopped up on that damn maple syrup
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Mary Hartman , Mary Hartman..
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Driver training sir
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Based on this post you have some serious problems with either reading comprehension or formulating logical arguments.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Got it - you're talking out your ass and you try to cover your ignorance with a "Go lick boot somewhere else".............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I your personal experience, when a car blasts by you at 1:45am doing more than double the speed limit, and then doesn't pull over but instead tries to hide, What do you expect when you approach the car? I would expect a drunk myself, but I'm not in that line of work.
Not bashing or trying to argue, I'm genuinely curious.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I your personal experience, when a car blasts by you at 1:45am doing more than double the speed limit, and then doesn't pull over but instead tries to hide, What do you expect when you approach the car? I would expect a drunk myself, but I'm not in that line of work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course I'd expect a drunk.  And I'd have my gun drawn in this case and in the Paradise, CA case as well..  But if there is no indication of impairment I'm not going to do FSTs.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you think the charges against this Officer are bullshit?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reckless driving and evasion charges?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The former it is.  Thanks for clarifying.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
Beat me to it.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's exactly what we meant. Yep. You got us.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#42]
but... the thin blue line
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#43]
The driver is lucky as fuck he didn't catch an indictment. It's easy to catch one on Ohio for Failure to Comply.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Both were permitted to leave the scene.
View Quote

Dat discretion doe.

Thought body cameras killed it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#46]
YOU CANT CATCH THE RABBIT!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#47]
There was a time, a Golden Era if you will, when such shenanigans were overlooked.  These days everything is so serious and shit.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not both?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#49]
I blame Ohio Values

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:24:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The former it is? Are you Yoda?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top