Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the biggest irony of this election so far are the Cruz supporters who say things like "maybe there's some life left yet" for his campaign at this point and then turn around and claim that people who support Trump do so fervently as if he is a messiah.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Trump is a salesman. He's not the guy who's done the management end of shit, at all--He's lined up the deals, and then relied on others to follow through to finish them. He's got no experience with something like the massive bureaucracy that exists in Washington, D.C., other than manipulating it to get what he wanted. Working within it, fixing it? He's got no prior history of that sort of work, unlike, say, Mitt Romney. Romney, given his performance getting the Olympics working in 2002, at least had some predictable past performance to base things off of. Trump? He's really a complete unknown. How he's going to do, being the guy running things? Nothing to base any real conclusions on...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump is essentially a guy without a real track record for governance? Or, real, demonstrated capacity to get shit done?

The first part is IMO why he'll probably end up w/ the R nomination.    People are tired of politicians who don't do what they promised.

The last part is absurd.    Trump didn't become a multi Billionaire without a "real, demonstrated capacity to get shit done."   People are voting for him because he's different, he has said a lot of things that they have wanted from their candidates and he gets things done.   I don't have any doubt he'll get things done if he's elected.  I'm more concerned about which direction the loose cannon will go off.

Trump is a salesman. He's not the guy who's done the management end of shit, at all--He's lined up the deals, and then relied on others to follow through to finish them. He's got no experience with something like the massive bureaucracy that exists in Washington, D.C., other than manipulating it to get what he wanted. Working within it, fixing it? He's got no prior history of that sort of work, unlike, say, Mitt Romney. Romney, given his performance getting the Olympics working in 2002, at least had some predictable past performance to base things off of. Trump? He's really a complete unknown. How he's going to do, being the guy running things? Nothing to base any real conclusions on...

The last performance I remember from Romney was letting a fat woman make him look like a fool in a debate.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump is essentially a guy without a real track record for governance? Or, real, demonstrated capacity to get shit done?

The first part is IMO why he'll probably end up w/ the R nomination.    People are tired of politicians who don't do what they promised.

The last part is absurd.    Trump didn't become a multi Billionaire without a "real, demonstrated capacity to get shit done."   People are voting for him because he's different, he has said a lot of things that they have wanted from their candidates and he gets things done.   I don't have any doubt he'll get things done if he's elected.  I'm more concerned about which direction the loose cannon will go off.

Holy shit,you're a Romney supporter?!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think the biggest irony of this election so far are the Cruz supporters who say things like "maybe there's some life left yet" for his campaign at this point and then turn around and claim that people who support Trump do so fervently as if he is a messiah.
View Quote

Asserts the "40 States" True Believer.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep, he will be lucky if he gets to keep his seat.

Performing fellatio on the GOPe to stop Trump killed his career
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/washington-state-republicans-snub-donald-trump-in-delegate-elections/

Maybe there's some life left yet. Although for 2020 more likely.
lol no, that is not happening  

He should have played it smart and ejected early instead of driving into a brick wall at 100mph.

This statement is not smart.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's exactly what happened though.  You can read about it. No one likes the dude, even less like him now as a total failure. The only fans he still has is a small fringe element that refuse to accept everything that has happened.

You say that his statement is not smart, I say you opinion isn't valid and is predicated on willful ignorance.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
LOL
View Quote

Yep

Sorry cruzbots that your clown failed. Should not have been a surprise though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Cruz was my guy.  That ship has sailed this cycle.  All of us need to accept that.  Trump still sucks but I will cast my vote against Hillary.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's exactly what happened though.  You can read about it. No one likes the dude, even less like him now as a total failure. The only fans he still has is a small fringe element that refuse to accept everything that has happened.

You say that his statement is not smart, I say you opinion isn't valid and is predicated on willful ignorance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep. He played the role of a Bush Proxy after Rubio dropped out.  That is a stain on him.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a prediction. A guess. Based on what I see Trump doing.

Most Trump haters can't cite anything other than his negative ratings as to why he will lose. Even Rick Perry said Trump will win more than 35 states, he guessed 36-37 or so.

Saying that there is life left in Cruz's campaign at this point is literally crazy.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#11]
HE'SMAKINGACOMEBACKGODDAMMIT!!!

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Most Trump supporters can't cite anything other than his negative ratings as to why he will lose. Even Rick Perry said Trump will win more than 35 states, he guessed 36-37 or so.

Saying that there is life left in Cruz's campaign at this point is literally crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most Trump supporters can't cite anything other than his negative ratings as to why he will lose. Even Rick Perry said Trump will win more than 35 states, he guessed 36-37 or so.

You speak the truth.

It's over a done with. For better or worse (much worse) Trump is the nominee.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no misconception about Cruz becoming the nominee. Trump is going to be no matter how much I dislike him.

I'll now resume my internet temper tantrum.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Give up on the Canadian (and the establishment choice other than the wicked wench, Herren Hitlery).

I apologize for associating Herren Hitlery for all working wenches who honorably ply their vocation..
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Romney!!

The muthafuckin' Salt Lake City olympiiiiiiics!!!

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:37:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like it might be time to change the thread title to zero.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:57:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
LOL

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
HE'SMAKINGACOMEBACKGODDAMMIT!!!

View Quote

...aspiring rapper?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#21]
So, can someone explain the point of this thread (and FYI I live in WA state).
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Typical SoreCruzer/#NeverTrump butthurt/retardation/masturbatory fantasy.

Washington state GOP establishment selects delegates who support Cruz to send to the GOP national convention and who would likely vote for him on a second ballot at a contested national convention. However, on the first ballot at the national convention, these delegates are still required to vote for the candidate as chosen by the voters during the state primary election. Trump smashed that one out of the park, thereby rendering this sort of establishment political chicanery irrelevant as Trump has secured enough delegates to ensure an outright win and eliminate that chance of a second round of voting at the national convention.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Wa delegates got uppity and said they would give thier votes to Cruz. OP took the article and posted it like it mattered, primary vote happened, Cruz didn't get shit.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Wa delegates got uppity and said they would give thier votes to Cruz. OP took the article and posted it like it mattered, primary vote happened, Cruz didn't get shit.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This did happen though

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top