Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2001 8:45:23 AM EDT
I just had a call from the dealer who transfered my gun,he received a letter from DSA. They want to check my rifle for legal parts count or something. Anyone else get one of these letters? The dealer read the letter to me over the phone,it also says they will send 4 free 20 rd. mags and 2 leather pouches for the inconvenience. There was also a UPS label included. DSA is closed,I left a message to call me Monday.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to edit my post and keep my mouth shut until I find out what's going on.  Please come to www.fnfal.com and to the message board to keep us informed.

Thanks.

And BTW, at least your getting all that free stuff.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
And this is a problem???  [?]

The manf. wants to check your weapon for a possible legal or functional problem, paying for the shipping, and compensating you for the time.

Had you planned an invasion that week? [heavy]

Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
FALFILES has been down for me for a couple of weeks. Is someone else getting it?
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.fnfal.com/falfiles/wwwboard/[/url]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 5:38:25 AM EDT
[#5]
That's one of the problems buying a bilingual rifle.  I always wondered if these guys were really using enough US made parts or if they were sort of slipping a bit of extra surplus parts in.

I doubt that BATF has the time to screw with owners.  Somethings behind this and I wonder what's going on at DSA.  They make the best of the FAL parts guns.  I also wonder whats going on at the other FAL outfits.  I bet BATF changed a ruling or opinion and pulled the rug out from under what DSA was doing before.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Scorpion,

How long have you had your DSA?  If it has been a while, all the recent purchasers won't be faced with this opportunity to get the extra mags.  Without any evidence whatsoever, I am guessing this pertains to rifles sold months ago.  Maybe not?  
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:30:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I posted the letter at AssaultWeb.net.under Main Battle Rifles.I can't open the front page of FAL files,It locks up on me.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Too wierd.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 6:07:14 AM EDT
[#11]
It's got something to do with the muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#12]
There was another thread regarding BATF "changing their mind" about the legality of the DSA muzzle brake they're using on the parts guns.

Supposedly BATF had previously approved the design.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds a little strange. Talk to DSA before you do anything.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Both DSA's and Tapco's STOLL look-alike muzzle brake is in "contention."  It's not illegal yet, but DSA has decided to be proactive in recalling the rifles at their expense and replacing the brake.  For the inconvenience, they offer two free mags.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Just in case someone hasn't heard what DSA is doing for a short term cure to this issue, they have created a new "muzzle brake" that has no holes drilled it.  I have only seen pics of the carbine version, but they claim the full length version is very similar to the currently produced brake.  (Without any holes.)  This is really pizzing me off.  I have been set to order one of these things for 2 weeks now. DSA is shipping all the new orders out with this new "solid" muzzle attachment. If they somehow convince ATF that the original attachment is NOT a flash hider, the original brake will be the more desirable piece. Time will tell, but I am on the verge of bypassing this rifle in lieu of the next on my list.  I will come back to it once this issue is settled. Bummed.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top