Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/21/2016 10:01:45 AM EDT
http://www.alloutdoorstech.com/news/danrit/mossberg-sues-manufacturers-drop-triggers/

I'm going to be watching this to see what happens.............
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:38:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Instead of worrying about suing everyone Mossberg should concentrate on building AR's that don't look like shit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#3]
English ?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Are any of the infringing companies really known for innovation? Not that I'm seeing...

We need a pro to say how similar the designs really are.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I can think of one company that produces a drop in trigger who is not on the list of being sued. Makes me wonder if they licensed the drop in trigger from Mossberg.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Instead of worrying about suing everyone Mossberg should concentrate on building AR's that don't look like shit.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can think of one company that produces a drop in trigger who is not on the list of being sued. Makes me wonder if they licensed the drop in trigger from Mossberg.
View Quote

Yeah, Timney was the first one I thought of, except they're not listed in the suit. Several I've never heard of though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Mossberg makes an AR?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mossberg makes an AR?
View Quote

Not sure.  They make a lever-action that "looks" like an AR...if that lever-action was an Appalachian hill family that hadn't bred outside the shack for at least 5 generations.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Mossberg makes an AR?
View Quote
Mossberg makes shit.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#12]
CMC Triggers commented on their Instagram that they pay royalties to Mossberg to avoid this type of situation. They also said Mossberg has an ongoing case against Timney.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mossberg makes an AR?
View Quote

Only really shitty ones.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Geissele / MBT / ALG = don't care

:D

Does MB even sell a drop in trigger?  What a bunch of fags.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
English ?
View Quote

Mossberg was issued a patent on November 13, 2007 for a "modular trigger group".  Timney made requests to the patent office to reexamine the patent.  The reexaminations occurred and the patent office said that most of Mossberg's patent stands.
Mossberg is now defending its patent by suing the companies that subsequently came out with modular trigger groups.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mossberg makes an AR?
View Quote

Yes they do, they also make drop in trigger groups, but the suit is about patent infringement.  If you make something with enough similar features there is a good chance you are going to get sued and will be forced to sign a license agreement with the company the holds the patent.

Gun companies sue each other all of the time, this is really nothing new and it is not earth shattering news, it is amazing how many companies sue each other all of the time.

http://www.mossberg.com/firearms/rifles/
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Didn't Timney have a modular trigger pack long before Mossberg ever made ARs???
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

When it comes to patents, it really does not matter who made it first, it matters who filed for the patent first and who was granted that patent first.  Many small companies fail to file for their patents in a timely manner and the big companies come along, build something and file for the patent and are granted that patent and then this type of stuff comes up.  Look how many times IBM and Microsoft sued each other at the beginning of the computer days.

That is called doing business in America!
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Everyone is suing everyone in the AR world.  Ask Mark LaRue about his friends at Samson.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

When it comes to patents, it really does not matter who made it first, it matters who filed for the patent first and who was granted that patent first.  Many small companies fail to file for their patents in a timely manner and the big companies come along, build something and file for the patent and are granted that patent and then this type of stuff comes up.  Look how many times IBM and Microsoft sued each other at the beginning of the computer days.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look up the phrase "Prior art".
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like some dickless patent troll bullshit
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prior Art, is really not making difference much since the patent and trademark laws were changed a few years ago, I lost a patent claim a couple of years ago because I believe it was still part of the process, ended up costing me a hell of a lot of money.  Since the internet, a lot of things have changed with patent, copyright and trademark laws.

The big companies have full time staff's on duty all the time, trying and working on ways to screw the little guys like us.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have only made comments on this, because I have been on the losing end of these types of lawsuits, which really sucks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have only made comments on this, because I have been on the losing end of these types of lawsuits, which really sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lawsuits suck period
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I wonder what most people think of this

if it will hurt Mossberg in the long run
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#27]
They are ALSO suing at least one RETAILER that does not mfg triggers
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most people probably don't care.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Didn't HK have a modular trigger pack starting in the 1960's?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:55:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That lawsuit is half a decade old.  Old news, but to me it was just like yesterday.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone is suing everyone in the AR world.  Ask Mark LaRue about his friends at Samson.

That lawsuit is half a decade old.  Old news, but to me it was just like yesterday.

Who sued who? I remember when Troy was suing Samson, but I never heard of a lawsuit between Samson and LaRue Tactical.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
English ?
View Quote

Mossberg decided to be a bunch of bitches and put money in lawsuits instead of making product people desire.  It is fucking stupid.  Gun owners remember things like this past their children’s lives.  Ever notice the hate for Ruger here? -- 40 yo debate.  Absolutely stupid what they are doing.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:02:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

How will Mossberg shoppers find out if it's a story only told in print?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Gotta make money somehow when nobody wants to buy your crap products.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#35]
I love this forum. If you are well liked you can do no wrong but heaven help you if you're not in the cool kid club.

Quoted:

Mossberg decided to be a bunch of bitches and put money in lawsuits instead of making product people desire.  It is fucking stupid.  Gun owners remember things like this past their children’s lives.  Ever notice the hate for Ruger here? -- 40 yo debate.  Absolutely stupid what they are doing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
English ?

So they shouldn't protect their patents? Seriously? And you think they don't make products people desire?

Quoted:

LOL you think nobody buys mossberg products you obviously aren't very tuned into the market
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I love this forum. If you are well liked you can do no wrong but heaven help you if you're not in the cool kid club.

So they shouldn't protect their patents? Seriously? And you think they don't make products people desire?

LOL you think nobody buys mossberg products you obviously aren't very tuned into the market
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
English ?

Quoted:

It doesnt matter if they are in the legal right, it only matters that people here dont like Mossberg.  Thus, screw them.  I am actually interested to see how these lawsuits play out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Where you even find a MB AR15?  I've never see one and haven't seen it mentioned on this board.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Who sued who? I remember when Troy was suing Samson, but I never heard of a lawsuit between Samson and LaRue Tactical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I remember it correctly, Samson  and ARMS sued LaRue.

Troy was sued as well.
Samson went bankrupt.

And arms... is still off in their own  world.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#39]
What happened to ARMS?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
English ?

Ruger sells more guns than any other U.S. manufacturer, by a lot.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What happened to ARMS?
View Quote

As of 2015 they were still in business. Not really sure what they sell now.

I guess the lawsuit vs larue was settled. But, ML would know best.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happened to ARMS?

I can't recall the last time I heard of anyone buying their shit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happened to ARMS?

I wish Larue would make a ELCAN upgrade kit
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#44]
No Wilson Combat mentioned.  They make Drop-Ins too.    Certain Drop-In makers or all of them?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happened to ARMS?

Probably mostly sitting back and being a patent troll.

However, I did see a SIR system in the wild at a LGS recently. No idea on how old it was.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
English ?
View Quote

It's just like "your smartphone is a rectangle with rounded edges like our smartphone" suit Apple brought up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#47]
the ARMS mount for the TRO wass really the only QD option worth a damn when I bought it
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#48]
They waited wayyyyy to long to go after these other companies that make drop ins. I wonder if they were sending everyone C&D letters over the past 8 years that drop in trigger packs have been common in the market or just waiting for some dumbass reason. Its always fun when a company that didnt create the idea, or employ the person/people that did, can go and buy up patents and not even make or sell the items and just cash in on other people wanting to use an idea they didnt even have.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happened to ARMS?

Dean Wormer: "Fat Heavy, drunk expensive, and stupid outdated is no way to go though life, son."
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Dean Wormer: "Fat Heavy, drunk expensive, and stupid outdated is no way to go though life, son."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happened to ARMS?

I have an arms 41L floating around from like 2006-2007. It's been in the parts bin now for years. But it's funny how what was once awesome is now meh.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top