Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2001 1:04:21 AM EDT
First, someone mentioned that a ZM Folding/tele stock is postban legal.  Is there such a thing, without giving up the pistol grip, made by anybody?

Second, I didn't notice that forward pistol style hand grips were listed on the BTAF list for post ban lowers.  Can you legally mount one and not have it count against you?

Finally, I noticed that there are several lead kits available (for grips and others) to add weight to your AR.  Have you every used them and what was the reason why?

-Red-
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll tackle the first 2 questions.

1.  The ZM Folding/tele stock is postban legal only if it is pinned in the open position and not allowed to fold/collapse.   If you have a verified preban receiver, then you can have the un-pinned stock.

2.  The forward pistol grip is allowed on RIFLES, pre or post-ban. The forward pistol grip is NOT LEGAL on pistols, i.e. HK SP89.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll try the last final question.

Some shooters might want a more balanced rifle.  Armalite sells lead weights that fit inside the trapdoor stock.  It can be "shaved" to suit your taste.

No, I don't use them cause I have no trapdoor stocks!
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:33:44 AM EDT
[#3]
kcsturm,

Pinned in how?  Are you referring to the folding feature or the telescoping feature?  Would this have to be a perminant pin?  Also, if it's just the folding feature, then I assume the lenght of pull (i.e. telescoping) can be done at any time, correct?

Thanks!
-Red-
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 6:37:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you referring to the folding feature or the telescoping feature?
View Quote

He's talking about both. Neither is allowed on a Post Ban Rifle that accepts removeable mags and has a pistolgrip.
To use the telescoping stock legally it must be permanently fixed in one position. I'm pretty sure the telescoping one can be in the shortest setting as long as the total length of the rifle exceeds 26"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top