Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 196
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]
GOATBOY!

I don't know what just happened, I had a random double post and edited the second only to see both edited.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1.  Do you just really enjoy pointless arguments?

2.  The metaphor is "moving the goalposts" and not "moving the goal line".

3.  Name one fired coach the age of 63+ that was hired at a P5 school with which he had no previous association.

4.  Miles certainly may coach at a FBS or G5 school in the future, but Les Miles as a P5 coach is finished.

View Quote
IIRC Mike Riley was hired by Nebraska at 65.  They are currently ranked #15.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1.  Do you just really enjoy pointless arguments?

2.  The metaphor is "moving the goalposts" and not "moving the goal line".

3.  Name one fired coach the age of 63+ that was hired at a P5 school with which he had no previous association.

4.  Miles certainly may coach at a FBS or G5 school in the future, but Les Miles as a P5 coach is finished.

Riley was born in 1953.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:36:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No, what I hear from LSU fans is this expectation that they should be the best team in the SEC every year. Your overall winning percentage is .650 -- not .850 or something. 3 National championships with only have 1 prior to the Saban era. And yet talking as if LSU is the premier football program in the South and has always been winning 10-11 games every year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, I think they've gotten pretty smug ever since Nick Saban. In their entire history, they've only won ONE National Championships before Nick Saban showed up.

After that time since Saban was there and up til now many fans leave and impression almost like it feels they think they're the New York Yankees of the Southern College Football.

Watching some youtube videos of how entitled the fans feel they are to winning a national championship every year. I think they're going to get smacked really hard by reality, that they have a monopoly on winning 11 or 12 games a year. I think for many years to come, it's going to be bad for them.

LOL, this coming from the Michigan Man, pining for the glory years.  All teams have ups and downs, LSU is no different.  But expecting better performance from a coach you pay $4 million a year is not "entitlement".  Bad clock management and poor offensive performance are what did him in.  The administration and the fans have the right to expect good performance for their money.  The last 5-6 years offensive performance got steadily worse, not better.

Miles was given several opportunities to improve it but it never happened.  He either couldn't or wouldn't make the changes needed to save his job.

I got into an argument with a friend about this yesterday.  How many more years should Miles have been given to improve things?  One year, two years, three years?  No one seems to be able to answer that question.  Face it.  At some point you have to realize that things are not going to get better and make a change.  

Miles is apparently stuck in the 70's with his ground and pound offense, and is unable to do anything different.  It's on him.

LC

No, what I hear from LSU fans is this expectation that they should be the best team in the SEC every year. Your overall winning percentage is .650 -- not .850 or something. 3 National championships with only have 1 prior to the Saban era. And yet talking as if LSU is the premier football program in the South and has always been winning 10-11 games every year.

I think you're mistaking LSU fans for Michigan fans.

LC
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
GOATBOY!

I don't know what just happened, I had a random double post and edited the second only to see both edited.

View Quote

That's been happening for a while now ... last post gets double posted to next page.  

Once another post is posted, it goes away.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's been happening for a while now ... last post gets double posted to next page.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GOATBOY!

I think we can all agree that it is somehow the fault of the SEC.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GOATBOY!

thesecdidthis.gif

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nick Saban is 64 years old.  There is no way a P5 school would hire him.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nick Saban is 64 years old.  There is no way a P5 school would hire him.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah yeah yeah, can we just make fun of RANGER's predictions again?  

That said:

UNC 48
FSU 35

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto?

I must, since I actually agree that he will not coach at a P5 school again.  

I'm done if you are.

That said:

UNC 48
FSU 35

I hope your right on the score total.
I've got the game figured at 74 total points and Vegas has it at 69.
I'll be in Vegas this weekend and plan on taking the over.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto?

I'm done if you are.

That said:

UNC 48
FSU 35

I won't say the over is a lock, but I like it more than any other I've seen this year.  

FSU's defense has not been good outside of one quarter versus Ole Miss.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I won't say the over is a lock, but I like it more than any other I've seen this year.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto?

I'm done if you are.

That said:

UNC 48
FSU 35

It hasn't been quite as bad as it seems either. We've gone through streaks of great/awful defense in every game so UNC will need to capitalize when we have our inevitable coverage breakdowns. The holes won't be there all game and unless you guys have a QB with Lamar Jackson skills I seriously doubt UNC will be able to hang 48 on us. Also depends on which FSU run game shows up. If we're able to run 48 will definitely be out of the question.

I will say I have not seen UNC play this year so I really don't have any idea what you guys are bringing to the table this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Alright you fuckers, I'm off to Amsterdam.   Feel free to continue discussing the job prospects of Leslie Edwin Miles in my absence.  

I'll check in at some point and make sure that RANGER hasn't gone all Ryan Lochte and picked Auburn to win the UNC-FSU game.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Alright you fuckers, I'm off to Amsterdam.   Feel free to continue discussing the job prospects of Leslie Edwin Miles in my absence.  

I'll check in at some point and make sure that RANGER hasn't gone all Ryan Lochte and picked Auburn to win the UNC-FSU game.  

View Quote

Have fun in Amsterdam.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, let's break this down for the ol' Mad Hatter.

What programs have coaching openings AND natural grass stadiums?

That'll narrow down the possibilities a bit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn that offensive lineman that texas suspended for one game must have pretty sticking drunk

the 6’6, 325-pounder was arrested after falling asleep in the drive-through line of the Raising Cane’s near the Texas campus, then crashed his Dodge Charger after being asked to leave before falling asleep once again. When the police officer arrived on the scene, he had difficulty waking the big offensive lineman.

After failing his field sobriety test, Perkins blew a .178.

I wonder if he passed out before or after getting his strips and sauce?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Just saw that Tennessee is -3.5 at Georgia...that is ridiculously low.  I know this is a rivalry game, and anything can happen, but the smart bet is to take UT and the points.  Georgia has shown me nothing over the last couple weeks that suggests they match up well with Tennessee's offense, and unless they can run at will, it may get ugly quick.  

Hopefully the Ole Miss debacle wakes up the defense, but I have my doubts.  Its a 7pm kick-off, maybe the team will come out fired up and ready to play.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:20:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That said:

UNC 48
FSU 35

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto?

I'm done if you are.

That said:

UNC 48
FSU 35

They legalized pot in NC recently?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Just saw that Tennessee is -3.5 at Georgia...that is ridiculously low.  I know this is a rivalry game, and anything can happen, but the smart bet is to take UT and the points.  Georgia has shown me nothing over the last couple weeks that suggests they match up well with Tennessee's offense, and unless they can run at will, it may get ugly quick.  

Hopefully the Ole Miss debacle wakes up the defense, but I have my doubts.  Its a 7pm kick-off, maybe the team will come out fired up and ready to play.
View Quote
I thought it was the 3:30 game.  Yes, I'd take Tenn and the points.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you took Tennessee you would be "giving" the points as they are favored, hence the - sign

Georgia should be able to run the ball vs Tennessee. The Vols have given up over 4 ypc twice this year vs App St and VT who don't have the rushing offense Georgia does. Georgia averaged 5.23 ypc vs Ole Miss. The score of that game is slightly misleading. Georgia needs to not turn the ball over. Playing at home, at night. That's going to be a tough environment for Tennessee to walk into.
Tennessee on the other hand has gotten better every game offensively while the Georgia defense has gotten progressively worse.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If you took Tennessee you would be "giving" the points as they are favored, hence the - sign

Georgia should be able to run the ball vs Tennessee. The Vols have given up over 4 ypc twice this year vs App St and VT who don't have the rushing offense Georgia does. Georgia averaged 5.23 ypc vs Ole Miss. The score of that game is slightly misleading. Georgia needs to not turn the ball over. Playing at home, at night. That's going to be a tough environment for Tennessee to walk into.

Tennessee on the other hand has gotten better every game offensively while the Georgia defense has gotten progressively worse.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, you're right, Tenn is giving the 3.5.  If it was Tenn -10 I'd still take the Vols.

Chubb is doubtful for the game (ankle sprain).  We may have some luck running the football but without the workhorse our running game is not the same.  Tenn has a good secondary and we have a freshman QB.  Dobbs will be able to make plays even if we focus on him.  I like Georgia in a lot of their games the rest of the season but not this one.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

GOATBOY!

View Quote
Glitch in the matrix.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Oddshark has Meeeechigan being a 10 point favorite to win vs Wiscy.

They have a bunch of analytics and advanced algorithms to figure this stuff out.

Also, last night, I was listening to ESPN Radio "Freddie and Fritz" and they had some guy on there. Can't remember his name, but one of the guys who talks all about the NFL and such. He was saying Michigan's Jake Butt is College Football's version of Gronk. And that is Jake Butt has a good game, Michigan will win.

Anyway..... GO BLUE!
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They have a bunch of analytics and advanced algorithms to figure this stuff out.

Also, last night, I was listening to ESPN Radio "Freddie and Fritz" and they had some guy on there. Can't remember his name, but one of the guys who talks all about the NFL and such. He was saying Michigan's Jake Butt is College Football's version of Gronk. And that is Jake Butt has a good game, Michigan will win.

Anyway..... GO BLUE!
View Quote

The early opening lines in Vegas were around -9-1/2
It has moved to around 10-10-1/2
I bet when Joe Public hits Vegas this Friday the game moves another point or so and by game time Whisky is getting 11-1/2 to 12.
I'm going to be awful tempted to take Wisconsin then.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm not a Penn State fan...but I'm still pissed at that targeting call against #47.

Calls like that change games.

What if he had come away with the interception?

What if PSU had a 2 point lead with 30 seconds left in the 4th quarter and that was a 4th down play at midfield?

The rule is fucking bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm not a Penn State fan...but I'm still pissed at that targeting call against #47.

What if PSU had a 2 point lead with 30 seconds left in the 4th quarter and that was a 4th down play at midfield?

View Quote

I agree the call was bullshit, but you could've put Demarcus Ware in that game for PSU and it still wouldn't have changed the result.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I agree the call was bullshit, but you could've put Demarcus Ware in that game for PSU and it still wouldn't have changed the result.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, I don't care about the outcome of that game though.

I care about how that type of call might effect a game I do care about.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#30]
This is the face of LSU football, it's GLORIOUS! ! "Tell Em' Bout It JoJo!"

LSU fans better hope they don't try and get the old band back together.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ayup. In the past two games we have had players ejected from the game for "punching" someone. But multiple replays and angles show that it never happened. Just straight up made up.  Yet player is still ejected and there is still a 15 yard penalty. It's pretty damning when conference officials immediately come back saying the player wont have to sit out the next game, aka "we just confirmed the field officials are full of shit."

Crap like that needs to be reviewed AND NEGATED if overruled. Ejecting a player and 15 yards is HUGE to a game. Especially the tacit acknowledgement of it..."we know we just fucked you, but oh well. you don't have to sit next week as consolation."
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is the face of LSU football, it's GLORIOUS! ! "Tell Em' Bout It JoJo!"
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8614/29992180025_20dd58dc97_b.jpg

https://youtu.be/HX7wzhMvbzo

LSU fans better hope they don't try and get the old band back together.

View Quote

Footbaw
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Chubb is doubtful for the game (ankle sprain). We may have some luck running the football but without the workhorse our running game is not the same.
View Quote

Chubb has not looked the same since the North Carolina game.  I'm not sure if its the offensive line collapsing around him, or if the holes simply aren't there, but he looks like he has lost a step or two.  In fact, Michel has looked like the stronger runner the last few games, but not having Chubb does make a difference in how Tennessee plays defensively.  

Even if Georgia is able to run the ball, and Eason has a good game, I am still not sure it will be enough....I just don't think they will be able to stop Dobbs.  Sure, they may be able to limit his downfield throws, but he will simply tuck it and run.  

As a Georgia fan, I believe the game will be close...but as an objective college football fan, Tennessee is the better team in every facet of the game.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Ayup. In the past two games we have had players ejected from the game for "punching" someone. But multiple replays and angles show that it never happened. Just straight up made up.  Yet player is still ejected and there is still a 15 yard penalty. It's pretty damning when conference officials immediately come back saying the player wont have to sit out the next game, aka "we just confirmed the field officials are full of shit."

Crap like that needs to be reviewed AND NEGATED if overruled. Ejecting a player and 15 yards is HUGE to a game. Especially the tacit acknowledgement of it..."we know we just fucked you, but oh well. you don't have to sit next week as consolation."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's my beef with instant replay. If it's to ensure a more fair game, then fucking USE IT for instances where the game is undeniably impacted.....period. Not just for calls, but for infractions or penalties which are in doubt.

The Replay official should be able to quickly audible down to the field judges and say "Wait a sec here, might be wrong here" and the pause to review it. If it's super clear by everyone involved that the call was right then just remain silent and no worries about reviewing it.

It wouldn't burn up any more time, really, and would keep shit like this from essentially ruining the game.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

thesecdidthis.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GOATBOY!

thesecdidthis.gif

I'm a day late, but:

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Chubb has not looked the same since the North Carolina game.  I'm not sure if its the offensive line collapsing around him, or if the holes simply aren't there, but he looks like he has lost a step or two.  In fact, Michel has looked like the stronger runner the last few games, but not having Chubb does make a difference in how Tennessee plays defensively.  

Even if Georgia is able to run the ball, and Eason has a good game, I am still not sure it will be enough....I just don't think they will be able to stop Dobbs.  Sure, they may be able to limit his downfield throws, but he will simply tuck it and run.  

As a Georgia fan, I believe the game will be close...but as an objective college football fan, Tennessee is the better team in every facet of the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Chubb is doubtful for the game (ankle sprain). We may have some luck running the football but without the workhorse our running game is not the same.

I just hope the Vols show up and aren't "hungover" from their win last Saturday. A road game W would be huge for us before the trip to Texas.
Uga has the tallent, when Kirby gets them firing on all cylinders they are going to be tough (I just hope it's not this weekend).
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I bet when Joe Public hits Vegas this Friday the game moves another point or so and by game time Whisky is getting 11-1/2 to 12.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyway..... GO BLUE!

IIRC Michigan State was a 10 point favorite going into last Saturday.

I would take Wisconsin if I were you.
Most Michigan fans(not on this site) I've had the opportunity to discuss this weekends game with, are quite concerned about Wisconsin.

They admit that Speight is not a sound passer, and that he has not faced pressure like he will on Saturday.  Wisconsin faced a potential top 5 defensive draft pick(NT #4 Mcdowell (sp) ?) last Saturday and completely neutralized the guy.  I don't remeber him having his name called all game.  Maybe he did but, I don't remember it.  Anyway, he was a non factor.  I don't think Michgan has anyone even close to him in terms of ability on the defensive line.  Jake Butt will be a tall order to cover well, and Peppers is also a concern in the return game.  Peppers is easier to manage.  Just don't kick it to him.  This is shaping up to be a fantastic battle.  The Vegas lines mean nothing.  They are a useful tool to separate people from their money.

Michigan has the advantage of playing at home but, I'm going with my Badgers.  WI 27 - MI 24.

On Wisconsin!!

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:55:13 AM EDT
[#38]
I am 100% cool with being the disrespected, underdog.

Its better that way.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#39]
It's nice to see the Big Ten as the most powerful conference again. I love (and have missed) big match ups like this weekend. No disrespect for Wisconsin, they are a serious football team, but I think Michigan is just too dominate. We could get a rematch of this game in the B1G championship game.

Go Blue!
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

It's nice to see the Big Ten as the most powerful conference again. I love (and have missed) big match ups like this weekend. No disrespect for Wisconsin, they are a serious football team, but I think Michigan is just too dominate. We could get a rematch of this game in the B1G championship game.

Go Blue!
View Quote

For the past 8 years, I've been real pessimistic. But this team and coach Harbaugh are really really good.

And yeah, the Big 10 has shown itself to be the best conference so far this year. SEC might have the best team in the country, but not the best conference. Not when you're losing to what were "middle of the pack" Big 10 schools. Didn't Missouri lose to Illinois or something last year too? There are plenty of examples to look at.

Not that it matters, I'm still always rooting against Michigan State and Ohio State. I criticized SEC fans for not being true fans and rooting for their rivals, so I'm not going to ever be a Conference cheerleader.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Tim Williams (our pass rushing specialist lb) was arrested for gun possession without a permit.  

Parts of T-town are sketchy, I carried when I was there, get a permit dummy.  Or stay on/near campus where you don't have to pay for anything and it's relatively safe.  

I'm sure there were other things involved though.  Keeping it real and all that.

eta, our backup qb, I think he was a 5 star, is transferring after losing the qb competition to Hurts.  

We only beat kent st by 48.  Our pet's heads are falling off.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Tim Williams (our pass rushing specialist lb) was arrested for gun possession without a permit.  

Parts of T-town are sketchy, I carried when I was there, get a permit dummy.  Or stay on/near campus where you don't have to pay for anything and it's relatively safe.  

I'm sure there were other things involved though.  Keeping it real and all that.

eta, our backup qb, I think he was a 5 star, is transferring after losing the qb competition to Hurts.  

View Quote

That sucks about Williams, I know that guy is a monster coming off the edge. I remember FSU was after him hard out of high school.

Saban is not a knee-leek type at all though so assuming there's nothing else involved he should be back in no time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I have yet to see anyone wearing any college gear while in Amsterdam.

#eurofags #theresonlyonefootball

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That sucks about Williams, I know that guy is a monster coming off the edge. I remember FSU was after him hard out of high school.

Saban is not a knee-leek type at all though so assuming there's nothing else involved he should be back in no time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another guy in the vehicle with Williams copped to the weed that was in the car.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Another guy in the vehicle with Williams copped to the weed that was in the car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I heard them talking about it on one of the college football shows a little while ago. Definitely doesn't sound good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Not that it matters, I'm still always rooting against Michigan State and Ohio State. I criticized SEC fans for not being true fans and rooting for their rivals, so I'm not going to ever be a Conference cheerleader.

View Quote

I make ample fun of Buckeye fans down here for that nonsense, please don't be the guy from up north who doesn't understand rooting against your own team's strength of schedule/quality of opponents....especially in OOC play.

You're not rooting for the Big10 when you want OSU to throttle Alabama, you're rooting for the team that elevates UofM by the strength of their regular opposition.

Might as well root for Michigan to join the MAC and be the best in a go-nowhere conference if you want the class of the Big10 to lose games.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#49]
I'll be rooting for Wisky Saturday, but my prediction is M by 14.
I believe LSU and MSU were way overrated.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Anyway..... GO BLUE!

View Quote
Butt is good but OJ Howard is pretty fucking good too.

Page / 196
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top