Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2016 7:58:05 PM EDT

I had to return to Liberal Oregon from my time in Idaho again, and it occurred to me that crossing a border can be a crazy thing.

On one side of the border, it is illegal for me to buy a certain kind of plant, but it is legal for me to sell an inanimate object to my friend without permission from the our overlords..   (ID)   < 3 oz gets you 1 year and $1,000 Fine.

I crossed the border into Oregon, and suddenly it became legal for me to buy that plant, but it is not legal for me to sell an inanimate object to my friend without permission from our overlords.   (OR) Selling firearm without permission gets you 1 year and $6,250 fine.

FWIW, I'm not a pot smoker, but I don't care if you are. Just like I don't care if you sell a gun to your friend. No deep thought here, just idle thought on a 10 hour drive.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you get pulled over out of state because of your tags or is that just a co thing?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]

I've got Oregon tags - I'd imagine ISP may be looking at the WA and OR crossings.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I was talking to my sister yesterday about Portland and the riots going on in Seattle since she lives in Seattle. She said she has never been to a more racist liberal area in her life. Kind of funny that Washington has Open Carry with how liberal they are there.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
California.
Can carry weed, carry a gun and go to jail.
Arizona.
Carry all the guns you want, carry weed and get to visit Uncle Joe's pink pajama tent jail (where you get cholera and/or sodomy).
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't worry weed will be legal shortly.

Not for or against it just stating an opinion on where the weed issue is going.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
California.
Can carry weed, carry a gun and go to jail.
Arizona.
Carry all the guns you want, carry weed and get to visit Uncle Joe's pink pajama tent jail (where you get cholera and/or sodomy).
View Quote

This, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I rather CCW be made legal on a National level, and let the drug dealers keep the weed under the table.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:38:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree. But your avatar is terrifying.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you get pulled over out of state because of your tags or is that just a co thing?
View Quote

I've been part of a fishing expedition twice now because of my tags.

"Is there anything in this truck you want me to know about?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top