Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm definitely in the every day category...
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
None during the week.  About 12 beers a day Friday and Saturday.  Sunday Fundays happen every once in awhile especially during grilling season.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Between 0 and 30. Sometimes I don't drink. Sometimes I have a couple at night. Sometimes I drink plenty.

Couple cold ones after work in a hot shower is usually pretty nice.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Nada anymore.  Been 'sober' since August 2015.  Quoted it because I wasn't an alcoholic, just quit because I just didn't see the point in it anymore.  Fuck being hungover for 3 days.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

12 years or so ago in college we used to do case races of 30 beers each before we went out. Then I drank Jack and Coke doubles while out.

Two Fridays ago when I did that, it was mostly doubles, except for a glass of scotch someone got me and a glass of wine my wife didn't want. I was that bad off I almost died. To be honest I got home about 3:30 a.m. and she heard me get in the shower right away. She came up around 5 and the shower was filling up because I clogged the drain with vomit, and the water level was rising to the point I was just starting to choke on it. I didn't get out of bed until Monday morning. I felt my equilibrium or something was just not right until Wednesday or so.  Horrible times. I don't know why I did it. I was out drinking many times in the past 5-6 years without getting to the point of being remotely sick, but only even a few occasions that I drank half that much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was drinking 2-3 a day. Some nights at dinners maybe 2-3 extra. Some days for lunch meetings 2-4.  Weekends maybe 10-20.

THEN two Friday nights ago I was at a fundraiser for dancing with the stars. We had a driver etc.  It was crazy boring, hot, stuff, and stuck up. I drank maybe 35-40 drinks. Made it home. Almost died. Sick for two days.

Have only drank two beers in the two weeks since. One on two separate days. And each time I felt sick.

Not sure what I did or what's going on. I thought I would be getting more work done not drinking, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The same with not having a membership. I let mine expire last month thinking I would stay off of this forum more, and be more productive work wise, but here I am, with no green arrows :-(

You had 35-40 drinks in a single night? Jesus, get yourself to the nearest medical research facility. You have to be superhuman.

12 years or so ago in college we used to do case races of 30 beers each before we went out. Then I drank Jack and Coke doubles while out.

Two Fridays ago when I did that, it was mostly doubles, except for a glass of scotch someone got me and a glass of wine my wife didn't want. I was that bad off I almost died. To be honest I got home about 3:30 a.m. and she heard me get in the shower right away. She came up around 5 and the shower was filling up because I clogged the drain with vomit, and the water level was rising to the point I was just starting to choke on it. I didn't get out of bed until Monday morning. I felt my equilibrium or something was just not right until Wednesday or so.  Horrible times. I don't know why I did it. I was out drinking many times in the past 5-6 years without getting to the point of being remotely sick, but only even a few occasions that I drank half that much.

Oh, sure hitting up a dirty 30 of Keystone I can see if you're pregaming or carrying the case around with you for the night, but the same # of mixed drinks sounds like death.

Glad your wife found you, sounds like you were on the precipice of expiring
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
None, never enjoyed drinking. Made a half-assed attempt at it but always thought it was nasty. Nobody in my family drinks either, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Nothing wrong with drinking or people who drink, I just hate the taste.
View Quote

Pretty much describes me as well.  My parents had a liquor cabinet but only used it when they entertained which was rare.  They did not drink otherwise.  I have one brother that may have a beer with a meal occasionally but that's it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I will have A beer or A mixed drink on Wednesday after work.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably too much.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Not as much as I'd like to.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I will have A beer or A mixed drink on Wednesday after work.
View Quote

Why Wednesday?
Or is it only on Wednesdays??

Had a friend years ago that only drank on Friday nights.
A six pack every Friday he said.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't drink alcohol at all.

Google "asian flush."
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Every goddamned day.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Was a daily drinker. About 18 months ago cut back to 3-4 beers on Saturday night and a few glasses of wine on Sunday cooking dinner.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I drink most days. I only abstain when I've got duty early the morning after.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Google "asian flush."
View Quote

Not on a work computer, hell no.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#16]
25 years sober as of Dec 2015
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#17]
everyday.

my job drives me to booze after work.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#18]
A few times a year.
In my early 20s, I'd drink heavily a few nights a week as a social thing, then down to one night a week. Now I'm to the point of only drinking on special occasions. If I'm home on leave, or a wedding.
I'm 34, work a stressful job and have 2 kids. I feel like shit waking up most days. I don't need alcohol to add to it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a couple drinks almost every night.
View Quote

this but a few
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Every day.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Lately I've been having one or two small glasses of bourbon every evening. I had been drinking 4-6 beers every day but I'm trying to lose some weight now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Used to be daily for many years. Daily and way too much. Made me stupider than I already was.
Been dry about 5 years. It's a good feeling.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Uh, like 1-10 a day, depending on what day it is and what I have going on that evening.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#24]
We're you drinking when you made that poll?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Someone once said I have a drinking problem.

I quickly corrected them.  I have no problems drinking.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Both my parents were alcoholics.  I somehow survived the stupid and took notes.

Very Very rarely was my answer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I have one or two a night, and 6-8 once every couple weeks on the weekend. I feel like I probably drink a touch too heavily, mainly due to the weekend sessions.

FWIW, many a doctor at Mayo clinic have told me it's ok to have two a day for men. However, that's 2 12 oz beers, 6 oz glasses of wine, etc. I believe what many, myself included sometimes, do is to fool themselves into thinking the glass of scotch they just had is just one, when in reality its four to six oz and the equivalent of 3 - 4 drinks if measured in the "2 a day is ok" amount.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Between 0 and 30. Sometimes I don't drink. Sometimes I have a couple at night. Sometimes I drink plenty.

View Quote

Hell yeah, shower beers!!!

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My boss, who is a regular drinker and mid-40s, was introduced to a shower beer just last week. Somehow he's made it this far in life without knowing of their excellence.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I used to drink quite a bit , but I promised myself when kids came along i would quit ..so I did back in 92......damn lucky to drink a six pack a year....Of course it didn't help having their mom not be able to quit either..one of us had to be responsible...I do a shot each year on the day we married 7/11 and the day we split 9/11..and now with the kids on their birthdays...4/24 and 10/26....and a beer every once in a great while with friends and family....
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't drink anymore....Or any less.
View Quote

Ba dum tssss!
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I used to drink a lot, then I had a kid, I slowed way down, then I had 2 more. I pretty much don't but a few times a year now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#33]
The last time I drank Tony Romo threw an 11 yard TD to Jason Witten with 7 seconds left to beat the Giants 27-26. My daughter was born a few days later and I haven't had a drop since. Can't say I miss it at all but I will say that there is one Toby Keith song in particular that couldn't be more true.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Not as much as I'd like to.
View Quote

Best answer ever.

LOL

(3-5 days a week I will have a couple of beer after work)

Made up for it yesterday though, sat out on the deck yesterday with a few friends.
I think we went through 2 flat's of beer between 4 of us.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#35]
3-5 per day option not listed in pole
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I drink 5-9 beers and several shots on Mondays and Thursdays. Friday and Saturday I drink fairly heavily. My bar tabs are usually $120+ these days. I don't drink on Sunday because I usually feel like shit from Saturday night. Tues and Weds I drink less than 6 at home at night if I'm having a bad day.

Working at a bar has made me develop a problem.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm a charter fishing captain. They call me Capt. Jack when the charter is done...
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't drink enough to even get a buzz so it doesn't matter how often I drink.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Google "asian flush."
View Quote

Same here. I guess it could be worse though. Still, even being uncomfortable, I have a few drinks two or three times a year.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't drink at home very much but I will have a few mixed drinks at the gun club 1 or 2 nights per week.  I'll only have 2-3 drinks there because I have to drive home.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Apparently I'm in the majority.

I don't feel so bad about it now

Thanks GD

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Usually have a whiskey or two every night spread over about 3 hours.

I occasionally have a beer or glass of wine in place of my traditional whiskey night cap.

Never get drunk.

Rarely get  more than a light buzz.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#44]
12+ a night. Don't drink on Sat and sun because I work from 6am to 6am. I crack a beer while I'm cooking dinner and hammer them back till it's time to go to bed. I'm gonna try to not drink so early and only have 4 tonight.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I drink a few times a year at most.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#46]
In the summer maybe twice a month, if you can count two beers with Friday dinner drinking. I usually get drunk about once a year, usually at a wedding or something.

In the winter I don't touch the stuff.

I think too many people self medicate with it, it's a drug that should be used for celebration, or socially. I don't think it has any place during the work week since clouding the mind up too often can cause you to lose focus.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Normally a few nights a week, I'll have a glass of bourbon or two.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm not as stressed now, but a few years ago it was 2 or 3 stiff drinks a night. Now I'm down to a couple a week.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#49]
I may not drink 365 days/year, but it's damned close. Some days it might be a beer or two or a couple fingers of whiskey, other days it's multiple rum & cokes or whatever.

I drink more than I should, and I'm OK with it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Usually 3 days per week.
View Quote

Ditto, and usually just one drink at a time. Sometimes on special occasions I'll have two drink in one sitting. However, for every drink I have I take a day off.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top