Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Right. Even if it were true that Cruz is a conservative on immigration (it's not).
View Quote

Every time I think I'm talking to someone rational who happens to support Trump, they eventually prove me wrong.

Talking about building a wall and pushing for increased funding for the border patrol while in congress= not conservative

Donating to 5 members of the pro amnesty Gang of 8 and calling Mitt Romneys immigration policy "unkind" and the reason he lost just in 2012= the bestest most conservative guy on immigration ever!
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The primary is not an until there is a candidate that gets 1237 votes at the convention, no matter what happens before then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cruz can't even win his own party's primary.

Great answer actually; short and sweet and right to the point.

Uh neither has Trump.

Uh Cruz has already been mathematically eliminated from winning the primary.

Trump; not so much; therefore; he can.

Ergo: "Cruz can't even win his own party's primary".

The primary is not an until there is a candidate that gets 1237 votes at the convention, no matter what happens before then.

As stated by Ragin_Cajun; Cruz "can't even win his own party's primary."

Even in the absurdly unlikely event that Cruz manages to slide his ass into the candidate's seat by means of some backroom wheeling and dealing at the convention; he hasn't "won the primary".

Wining the primary requires that he, well, actually "wins the primary voting at the polls" which he's already mathematically  unable to do.

How difficult is that to understand?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Easier to understand than your flip flopping on Trump.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Even in the absurdly unlikely event that Cruz manages to slide his ass into the candidate's seat by means of some backroom wheeling and dealing at the convention; he hasn't "won the primary".

Wining the primary requires that he, well, actually "wins the primary voting at the polls" which he's already mathematically  unable to do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[qu ote]Quoted:
Cruz can't even win his own party's primary.[/quote ]

Great answer actually; short and sweet and right to the point.

Uh neither has Trump.

The vote to determine the candidate is the first ballot at the convention.  Until that vote is tallied, the primary has not been won.

How hard is that to understand?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Trump will lose the general, even a blind man can see that.

He's successful torn the Republican party in half and I cant fathom any way he can put it back together. We will all suffer for the mistakes of the foolish.

Sad days we live in.
View Quote

Only a blind man conveniently ignores every election dynamic except the RCP early polls.  He has brought out more voters in a Republican primary than in recent history, but yea he is dividing it in half.  Quit projecting as though the nevertrump crowd accounts for so much.  It is you who is in the minority.  Get on board or don't, but putting all the blame on Trump is exactly why the party is in the shape it is in, not Trump.  Trump is just a symptom of a wider issue that has been building for years.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I dont know who is going to win.. I dont know if Trump is going to make it to 1237 before the convention or if Cruz could pull off a second ballot..

But referring to me as a tard is a direct attack and against COC. I dont personally care and didn't and wouldn't report it.. Just offering some advice to cool your jets before the mods get ban happy. Shit, a mod made a direct attack against my wife and I laughed it off.. Its the internet, dont take it too seriously.

However until someone hits  1237 on the first second or however many ballots it aint over and suggesting someone should drop out because no one has gotten 1237 yet is a bit pre mature.  As long as Donald has not secured the 1237 then there is NO reason for Cruz to drop.

Why do you take it so personally?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Contested tards. This thread has lots of them.

So no? You haven't seen 1237 then..    I think thats a COC violation BTW.

Sure, just like the thousands of incidents of "Trumptards" being thrown around. Go ahead and hold your breath for that one. Well I guess if you believe in Cruz winning...

I dont know who is going to win.. I dont know if Trump is going to make it to 1237 before the convention or if Cruz could pull off a second ballot..

But referring to me as a tard is a direct attack and against COC. I dont personally care and didn't and wouldn't report it.. Just offering some advice to cool your jets before the mods get ban happy. Shit, a mod made a direct attack against my wife and I laughed it off.. Its the internet, dont take it too seriously.

However until someone hits  1237 on the first second or however many ballots it aint over and suggesting someone should drop out because no one has gotten 1237 yet is a bit pre mature.  As long as Donald has not secured the 1237 then there is NO reason for Cruz to drop.

Why do you take it so personally?

You brought up a comment of mine against "a lot of people in this thread" as a personal attack on you. Then ask me why I take it personal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

E

Sorry not a trump supporter. I'm voting for whoever gets the rebulican nomination. But even if I was that wouldn't make your statement any less idiotic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's akin to their idol who says he is smart enough not to need council, yet states how he'll hire the best of the best to figure out the best way; guy is a walking contradiction.

I may had in the past considered voting for him just to piss off the SJW, BLM and rest of the liberal crowd and give them the finger.  Now?  With all the lies, deceit, slandering and constant attacks from not only Trump in the past, but mostly the fanatics here on the forum who constantly sell their bullshit with zero logic, rationale, facts or reasoning, I'm turned off from that option completely and will write in Ted if I have to.

Not going to align myself with such a fanatical group of people who lack the capacity to think outside their own narrow view and am embarrassed to even call them supporters of the same cause in regards to gun rights.

If they want to blame me for not voting for their idol if he loses when they've succeeded in splitting the pro-gun group here up by not only going with the lesser pro-gun candidate, but also the least virtuous of any candidate and attacking any who didn't agree with them they can go look in the mirror.  Their character reflects their desired leader's to a T.

so because people on a forum hurt your feelings you're not going to vote for someone.

Yup, obviously that's it.  Failure to read and grasp what's being said, not exactly new with Trump fanatics.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/srcstc.gif

Keep representing.

E

Sorry not a trump supporter. I'm voting for whoever gets the rebulican nomination. But even if I was that wouldn't make your statement any less idiotic.

Uh huh, right.

If you feel the need to compromise irregardless of the character of the person you're voting for then have at it.  

Pretty sure Duke and the rest of the Joes in your avatar would have bitch slapped you for such

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm starting to think the best-case scenario in this election would be the secession of Texas and whoever else would care to join us.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pretty much this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That guy fulfilled every stereotype about Trumps supporters I had.

Pretty much this.

This.  Cruz destroyed every one of that knuckle-dragger's arguments, yet he did it in a civil and engaging manner.  

Trump appeals to those with an IQ that hovers around room temperature; that video is a good example.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Only a blind man conveniently ignores every election dynamic except the RCP early polls.  He has brought out more voters in a Republican primary than in recent history, but yea he is dividing it in half.  Quit projecting as though the nevertrump crowd accounts for so much.  It is you who is in the minority.  Get on board or don't, but putting all the blame on Trump is exactly why the party is in the shape it is in, not Trump.  Trump is just a symptom of a wider issue that has been building for years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He's successful torn the Republican party in half and I cant fathom any way he can put it back together. We will all suffer for the mistakes of the foolish.

Sad days we live in.

Competitive primaries drive turnout.  The party with the greatest primary turnout has only won the general HALF of the time in recent years.

Pretending primary turnout is some sort of direct correlation to winning the general is a fools errand.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh man Cruz destroyed that guy! Lol!!

This means he will win Indiana right guys? Guys?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm starting to think the best-case scenario in this election would be the secession of Texas and whoever else would care to join us.*
View Quote

*offer not valid for Trump voters

Other than that, sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So say we all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad days we live in.

So say we all.

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Competitive primaries drive turnout.  The party with the greatest primary turnout has only won the general HALF of the time in recent years.

Pretending primary turnout is some sort of direct correlation to winning the general is a fools errand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad days we live in.

Trump supporters were saying he was going win NY in the general after their primary, despite being beaten by the loser of the Dem Primary by 200k votes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So was Lincoln. And?   Trump has been mathematically unable to secure the nomination
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lyin' Ted isn't even an Amerikan. He eats boogers and drinks milk from bags while The Don builds walls and saves our country. Trump just said all of that liberal stuff years ago because he had to in order to survive in NY. He really means what he says now. Just like he meant what he said before he changed his mind 30 minutes ago. Do the math Lyin' Ted!!! Trump 2016!!!

Did I miss anything?

Only that Cruz has been soundly rejected at the polls by the Republican Party voters and is already mathematically eliminated from winning the nomination.

So was Lincoln. And?   Trump has been mathematically unable to secure the nomination

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm starting to think the best-case scenario in this election would be the secession of Texas and whoever else would care to join us.
View Quote

I have always liked Davy Crockett.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Trump supporters were saying he was going win NY in the general after their primary, despite being beaten by the loser of the Dem Primary by 200k votes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad days we live in.

But mah maffs!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad days we live in.

A fool's errand would be to believe the guy who loses the primary and gets the nomination via a contested convention, therefore disenfranchising record voter turnout, is a better alternative for a general election run (and lets just ignore his terrible campaign which is an indicator of how he would campaign in the general). At this point, many of you simply have blinders on.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A fool's errand would be to believe the guy who loses the primary and gets the nomination via a contested convention, therefore disenfranchising record voter turnout, is a better alternative for a general election run. At this point, many of you simply have blinders on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad days we live in.

A fool's errand would be to believe the guy who loses the primary and gets the nomination via a contested convention, therefore disenfranchising record voter turnout, is a better alternative for a general election run. At this point, many of you simply have blinders on.

Remember, Bernie math and Cruz math are essentially the same thing:

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad days we live in.

I didn't.  That hardly negates my point.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Every time I think I'm talking to someone rational who happens to support Trump, they eventually prove me wrong.

Talking about building a wall and pushing for increased funding for the border patrol while in congress= not conservative

Donating to 5 members of the pro amnesty Gang of 8 and calling Mitt Romneys immigration policy "unkind" and the reason he lost just in 2012= the bestest most conservative guy on immigration ever!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right. Even if it were true that Cruz is a conservative on immigration (it's not).

November 18, 2015

When Ted Cruz argued in the most recent Republican debate that the ongoing flow of immigrants into the country will “drive down the wages” of millions of Americans, it was a departure for him. Cruz has long supported higher levels of legal immigration. When he cited concerns over wages and subsequently backtracked on increasing the levels of guest workers and legal immigrants, many saw a new policy intended to appeal to Republican grass roots

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427240/ted-cruz-jeff-sessions-republican-on-immigration

And what might have spurned such a new policy stance one might ask? The success of the Trump policy. The article speculates that both Cruz and Trump got their "new" views on immigration from Jeff Sessions. Shit it became all the candidates opinion when they saw how popular it was. Trump beat Cruz and the rest to the punch. Saying that Cruz is a tried and true Conservative, with a long stance on immigration is bullshit. His opinion sways in the wind with the popular opinion like any other politician.

Interestingly, the article also criticizes Trump for poorly articulating, and contradicting the Sessions policy at times.

There is no perfect candidate. They are all full of shit. At this point I'd vote for a baboon over Hillary. I'd have no problem with Cruz. But the contested path won't work. Those who think it will are smoking crack. It is one of the few ways for the Republicans to throw this election.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad days we live in.

You didn't, so that negates the delusions that the rest of his supporters are running on. Got it. He's also brought out a ton of voters who think he'll be a fucking disaster, but their opinions will be ignored.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And what might have spurned such a new policy stance one might ask? The success of the Trump policy. The article speculates that both Cruz and Trump got their "new" views on immigration from Jeff Sessions. Shit it became all the candidates opinion when they saw how popular it was. Trump beat Cruz and the rest to the punch. Saying that Cruz is a tried and true Conservative, with a long stance on immigration is bullshit. His opinion sways in the wind with the popular opinion like any other politician.

Interestingly, the article also criticizes Trump for poorly articulating, and contradicting the Sessions policy at times.

There is no perfect candidate. They are all full of shit. At this point I'd vote for a baboon over Hillary. I'd have no problem with Cruz. But the contested path won't work. Those who think it will are smoking crack. It is one of the few ways for the Republicans to throw this election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

November 18, 2015

When Ted Cruz argued in the most recent Republican debate that the ongoing flow of immigrants into the country will “drive down the wages” of millions of Americans, it was a departure for him. Cruz has long supported higher levels of legal immigration. When he cited concerns over wages and subsequently backtracked on increasing the levels of guest workers and legal immigrants, many saw a new policy intended to appeal to Republican grass roots

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427240/ted-cruz-jeff-sessions-republican-on-immigration

How many contested conventions have you been through?

The people that are that opposed to a convention appointment I'd argue aren't mostly Republicans in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHS-K7OuLAc
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad days we live in.

Remember Bernie and Trump are essentially the same thing:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-brzezinski-tricks-trump-into-admitting-similarities-with-bernie-sanders/

See how that works?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Donald trump won't win even one single primary and he's a Clinton plant who will be dropping out any day now. ~ The GD Political Cognoscenti

Championship debater Ted Cruz will destroy Trump in the debates ~ The Keyboard Pundits

Ted Cruz's amazing "ground game" will allow him to obtain the nomination contrary to the will of the voters. ~ The Same Crowd

Hillary will crush Trump in the general election ~ The Usuals

Trumptards...Low information voters...Morons...ad hominems .....Lots of more nasty words....~ Guess Who?

I don't see what all the hub bub is about; Ted Cruz will be nominated at the brokered convention; because  the cognoscenti are always correct.
View Quote

And yet when you are confronted with the FACTS about Trump's past not ONE Trump supporter has any sort of defense for him other than "have fun voting for Hillary".

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

SC is ready to go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You didn't, so that negates the delusions that the rest of his supporters are running on. Got it. He's also brought out a ton of voters who think he'll be a fucking disaster, but their opinions will be ignored.
View Quote

How is that even relevant?  NY is not not necessary, since when has it been?  I addressed that already earlier in the thread, I am not ignoring anything because I can look at this objectively...something both sides here have a hard time doing. Look it is clear you're never going to support Trump, so I don't even see the point of trying to convince you guys anymore.  Fact is, after tomorrow, this is  going to be a zombie race, and arguing with hard core #nevertrump Cruz supporters will become increasingly irrelevant....just like your candidate.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That guy fulfilled every stereotype about Trumps supporters I had.
View Quote

Yup.
Cruz still has my vote.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And yet when you are confronted with the FACTS about Trump's past not ONE Trump supporter has any sort of defense for him other than "have fun voting for Hillary".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Donald trump won't win even one single primary and he's a Clinton plant who will be dropping out any day now. ~ The GD Political Cognoscenti

Championship debater Ted Cruz will destroy Trump in the debates ~ The Keyboard Pundits

Ted Cruz's amazing "ground game" will allow him to obtain the nomination contrary to the will of the voters. ~ The Same Crowd

Trumptards...Low information voters...Morons...ad hominems .....Lots of more nasty words....~ Guess Who?

I don't see what all the hub bub is about; Ted Cruz will be nominated at the brokered convention; because  the cognoscenti are always correct.

Well, at this point, those are pretty much the facts. Sorry about your feelings.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How is that even relevant?  NY is not not necessary, since when has it been?  I addressed that already earlier in the thread, I am not ignoring anything because I can look at this objectively...something both sides here have a hard time doing. Look it is clear you're never going to support Trump, so I don't even see the point of trying to convince you guys anymore.  Fact is, after tomorrow, this is  going to be a zombie race, and arguing with hard core #nevertrump Cruz supporters will become increasingly irrelevant....just like your candidate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if you're right, have a great time trying to convince all of the people whose candidate you all called a lyin' booger eating Canadian to vote for your NYC lib. I won't have any part in joining forces with the Trump supporter in the OP. Enjoy the rest of the election.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I used to think that the only 'low-information' people out there were the liberals.

...Not so much, anymore.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A Canadian cheering for a Canadian to win the U.S. Presidency, who also wants to tell us how fucked we are.

K... thanks for sharing.

I used to think that the only 'low-information' people out there were the liberals.

...Not so much, anymore.  

Yep.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Well if you're right, have a great time trying to convince all of the people whose candidate you all called a lyin' booger eating Canadian to vote for your NYC lib. I won't have any part in joining forces with the Trump supporter in the OP. Enjoy the rest of the election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

I will not have my name associated with Trump.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"And yet................"?

Holy non sequitur Batman.

FEELZ.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-brzezinski-tricks-trump-into-admitting-similarities-with-bernie-sanders/

See how that works?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad days we live in.

See how that works?

LOL

Diddlin' Donald self identifies as a Socialist
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#36]
The death throes of the Cruz campaign.  Gettin ugly.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure like to generalize.  Why don't you show where I said that and get back to me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Look, I might tend to believe the trump folks and their "Trump has brought out more voters", had I not been around arfcom for several election cycles. I'm calling it now: Trump supporters are this elections "Romney in a Landslide" folks.
Look, people on arfcom are somewhat representative of the republican base.
In 2012, People on here said they wouldn't vote for Romney because of his religion. What happened in the general? Some people in the republican base didn't vote for him because of his religion.
Some people on here said they wouldn't vote for him because he was a RINO. And some people out in the republican base decided not to vote for him because he was a RINO.
Some people on here said they were going to vote 3rd party as a protest, and some people out in the republican base voted 3rd party.
Combining all these things, Romney lost.
The same thing is happening to trump. Loads of people in the base don't like him, or possibly even hate him.   Loads of moderates don't like him, or they possibly even, hate him.  Now people are saying that there are crossover votes. But I highly doubt that they will be enough to offset the aforementioned losses.
The way I see it, the writing is on the wall, yet the trump supporters are convinced it is not. So convinced in fact, they are telling anyone who has reservations about Trump's Chances or his record that they are stupid Hillary voters.
This just ignores reality.
In fact, I predict trump loses worse than Romney and that all this trump supporter confidence is less well founded than the Romney supporter confidence in 2012.
This is my bet.
I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. If no thread exists at that time, I'll start one.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The death throes of the Cruz campaign.  Gettin ugly.
View Quote

We are witnessing the death of the country.

Grab a beer and enjoy the show.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well, at this point, those are pretty much the facts. Sorry about your feelings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for proving my point.

I won't vote for a (D) whether or not they actually have a (D) next to their name.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

FEELZ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FEELZ.

FEELZ

I've directly asked YOU, personally, about things he's said and done. Fucking crickets back from you.

Typical Trump supporter.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You sure like to generalize.  Why don't you show where I said that and get back to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe you should have helped keep AF, tcrpe, and friends in check. Have a lovely election.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Look, I might tend to believe the trump folks and their "Trump has brought out more voters", had I not been around arfcom for several election cycles. Trump supporters are this elections "Romney in a Landslide" folks.

Look, people on arfcom are somewhat representative of the republican base. People on here said they wouldn't vote for him because of his religion. And people in the republican base didn't vote for him during the general election.

People on here said they wouldn't vote for him because he was a RINO. And people out in the republican base decided not to vote for him because he was a RINO.

People on here said they were going to vote 3rd party as a protest, and people out in the republican base voted 3rd party.
Combining all these things, Romney lost.

The same thing is happening to trump. Loads of people in the base don't like him, or possibly even hate him.   Loads of moderates don't like him, or they possibly even, hate him.  Now people are saying that there are crossover votes. But I highly doubt that they will be enough to offset the aforementioned losses.

The way I see it, the writing is on the wall, yet the trump supporters are convinced it is not. So convinced in fact, they are telling anyone who has reservations about Trump's Chances or his record that they are stupid Hillary voters.

This just ignores reality.

What trump offers is: "Just trust me that I can win, and that when I win, I'll do great things and will not deal with my former liberal buddies". Many of you know me, I'm not a faith kind of guy. This is why I'm not buying the "hope and change" sold by trump. This is why I think he'll have a really, really rough time in November.

In fact, I predict trump loses worse than Romney.  This is my bet.

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. If no thread exists at that time, I'll start one.  
View Quote

Well stated.

I agree on on points, and will add this.

Trump IS the "vampire capitalist" and "war on women" guy the Left claimed Romney was.  As soon as Trump wins the nomination at the convention, the media will DESTROY him.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Maybe you should have helped keep AF, tcrpe, and friends in check. Have a lovely election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh that sword cuts both ways and I bet I have criticized Trump and even some of his supporters more than you have done with Cruz and his supporters, many here who have dished out some serious hate and vitriol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The vote to determine the candidate is the first ballot at the convention.  Until that vote is tallied, the primary has not been won.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh neither has Trump.

Your mental gymnastics notwithstanding "the  primaries" are a series of mostly intra-party state elections and caucuses held previously to the nomination.

Your guy Cruz is no longer in the mathematical running to win enough of them in order for him to reach the required number of candidates at the convention to be awarded the nomination based on the voters wishes.

He is eliminated; and therefore; "can not win his own party's primaries."

If for example; the party slides Mitt Romney's ass into the nominee's seat due to back room deals and machinations at the convention, it can't be said that Romney "won the primaries".

Same goes for Cruz.

well; I suppose you could.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#46]
What is Trump's position on gov't sponsored dental care?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Oh that sword cuts both ways and I bet I have criticized Trump and even some of his supporters more than you have done with Cruz and his supporters, many here who have dished out some serious hate and vitriol.
View Quote

Find me a video of a Cruz supporter engaging Trump like the one in the OP and get back to me. Continue to pretend this isn't common practice among Trump supporters.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Your mental gymnastics notwithstanding "the  primaries" are a series of mostly intra-party state elections and caucuses held previously to the nomination.

Your guy Cruz is no longer in the mathematical running to win enough of them in order for him to reach the required number of candidates at the convention to be awarded the nomination based on the voters wishes.

If for example; the party slides Mitt Romney's ass into the nominee's seat due to back room deals and machinations at the convention, it can't be said that Romney "won the primaries".

Same goes for Cruz.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[qu ote]Quoted:

Uh neither has Trump.[/quote ]

Same goes for Cruz.

You posting about mental gymnastics is quite amusing.  What was it you were saying about trump in 2012 again?

You can say whatever you want, but one thing I have learned in this election cycle is this.

The RNC is a private party.  You have no legal right to pick their nominee for President.  If they decide at the primary to throw out every single vote cast and nominate George HW Bush, there is no legal recourse to make them honor the "will of the voters".

Make no mistake.  The RNC has the final say so in who the nominee is.  They really don't give a flying fuck about you or me and to pretend otherwise is foolish.

And Trump is not an outsider.  He has been neck deep with politicians for over 2 decades.  But you already know that, don't you?

ETA: A very well written piece about this
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It was a good video.

I watched one man who's trying to win a state vote debate another man who's a voter.

The thing now with Ted Cruz is it's too late to play the moral high ground .

He teamed up with the very people he so loudly use to say were not real Republicans and condemned .

It's a shame but when he saw he was losing he did exactly opposite of what a person of strong moral character  would do.

So right now he has absolutely no moral high ground to stand on. He's just  in the gutter
View Quote

So what ground does the big government progressive who pals around with rapists and donated money to a laundry list of gun grabbing liberals stand?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#50]
There's no sound in that video.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top