Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Old people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Speaking as a guy born in '91, I do agree with you to some extent.

But for every dumbass millennial I know, I can list off just as many in their 40's-50's I grew up around / have worked with.

Everything is relative.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

and on adderall.  

for their adhd.

in their late 20s.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good god they are stupid, and self centered, and co-dependent, and stupid.

That is all.

and on adderall.  

for their adhd.

in their late 20s.

My SIL is on Adderall, she is like Elvis up all night sleep all day. She is married to a cop and think she should be treated like a princess.  

She is only 26.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#4]
They are the finished product of the Alinsky plan. One more generation and it will be perfected.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate being lumped in with these idiots. Generally speaking, I agree with OP, but I won't be conned into feeling guilty about the year I was born, just like I won't be conned into this white guilt b.s. If my age or race offends you, well...I won't say what you can go and do to yourself.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#6]
HEY im not stupid. just slightly.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#7]
https://youtu.be/hLpE1Pa8vvI

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I love how the old fucks in this country run around yapping about Millennials... Like we raised ourselves or something.

Lazy Millenials
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Is this the weekly thread where the generation that saw the rise of drug cartels due to their drug consumption, draft dodged en masse, abandoned traditional American family values and raised the generation known as millenials bitches about millenials?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love how the old fucks in this country run around yapping about Millennials... Like we raised ourselves or something.

Lazy Millenials
View Quote

Lol, right.

We didn't give ourselves participation trophies, the adults came up with that one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I can't wait for social security to fail, the old fucks that are draining the system just need to go away.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just remember... it was all the baby boomers that put us in this position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is all.

And remember...that it was a bunch of FDR-voting idiots of the supposedly "Greatest Generation" that put them in that position.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They wont have kids (not so much in flyover USA, but Europe and big US cities). Too self-centered or unemployable. My sis for example, only cares about "foodie" and other hipster bullshit. Much of it is not their fault however like housing prices.

Look to Japan for our future: http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/2012/10/japan-and-exhaustion-of-consumerism.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was always taught that if young adults aren't hacking it, it's cause they weren't raised right.

Laziness, selfishness, dependence, yep, all sound like the previous generation didn't know how to raise their kids.

I shudder to think how the millennial's kids will turn out!!

They wont have kids (not so much in flyover USA, but Europe and big US cities). Too self-centered or unemployable. My sis for example, only cares about "foodie" and other hipster bullshit. Much of it is not their fault however like housing prices.

Look to Japan for our future: http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/2012/10/japan-and-exhaustion-of-consumerism.html

But there is a less positive aspect, too: it is a phenomenon of extended adolescence, a state of "suspended animation" of young adults facing truncated opportunities for adulthood--secure careers, marriage, family, homeownership--who are stuck in a seemingly permanent adolescence. It's as if there is a split in the road and no third way: some young people make it onto the traditional corporate or government career path, and everyone else is left in part-time suspended animation with few options for adult expression or development.
I just got done reading some of that guy's writings.

Have to say, the guy makes MANY salient points
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:31:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is all.

Believe me, there are plenty of boomers that are the same way - how do you think we got here?

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lazy Millenials
View Quote

Who says I'm not technically a millenial?

I guess that puts me at the leading edge of millenials...or a very young gen x-er.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm sorry I ever watched that video.  She is freaking scary.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm sorry I ever watched that video.  She is freaking scary.

Not only that, she is disgustingly fat and ugly too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#17]
You too were also once young, dumb and full of ***
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#18]
So what exact dates are considered Millennials?

Gen X has it share of tards as well as the boomers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I talked to a typical 18 year old girl the other day that was very proud of going to the Bernie rally this week. I asked why and the pure stupidity that came out was amazing. I hope I was not so dumb when I was that age.

View Quote

We all were
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Personal attack

Reported
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I can't wait for social security to fail, the old fucks that are draining the system just need to go away.
View Quote

This.  Maybe millenials will be more motivated when they don't have to pay for past generations' FSA losers
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#22]
As a millennial, I self identify as not giving a fuck.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That is all.
View Quote

I have two Millennial sons.

Both were in the 99th percentile in math and science, both are genuinely unselfish individuals, and both are very independent.

You can't paint everyone with the same brush.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Frigging millenal checking in here...Yes, my generation is frigging stupid sometimes...but a lot of us break that mold. Quite a few of us are on ARF.
View Quote

We have noticed
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

and on adderall.  

for their adhd.

in their late 20s.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is all.

and on adderall.  

for their adhd.

in their late 20s.

So is Adderall the new pot to old people?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

So what exact dates are considered Millennials?

Gen X has it share of tards as well as the boomers.
View Quote

Generally considered those born between 1982 and 2000.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

and on adderall.  

for their adhd.

in their late 20s.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is all.

and on adderall.  

for their adhd.

in their late 20s.

You've never tried Adderall, have you?

I'd have that shit in a Pez dispenser if I could get it in enough quantity.  System admins usually live off it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quite a lot more if you ask me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know..........us boomers had quite a few entitlement minded, lazy, fucking stupid assholes also.

Quite a lot more if you ask me.

Decent amount
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Millenials entitled?

We are told to get college degrees, continue our education...and work harder... YET even the well educated middle class is struggling to afford what high school drop outs could afford 50 years ago. You need to be extraordinary just to SURVIVE....when 50 years ago, even the dimwitted could earn a living wage. 50 years ago...

Then there is the outsourcing? Geez... go into thousands of dollars of debt,  to gain a degree for a field that might be totally outsourced in 4 years!!! Then complain that now you have to take a walmart job...and peope call you "entitled" because you heeded the warning about "go to college or you will be stuck working at walmart".

Meanwhile the financial class gains ever more and more multiplication of wealth over us mere commoners.

When we fuck up... we lose jobs, income, homes, and even families break up thanks to predatory divorce lawyers and family courts and a society that encorages divorce. When the elite fuck up... the government bails those mother fuckers out.

We have a society that preaches on about the disposability of the family...and at the same time, wonder why employers have no loyalty towards their workers.

We live in a world where hard work does not necessarily mean you will succeed...and where failure is rewarded both at the higher rungs  (corporate welfare) and lower rungs (the lower/under classes). This leads to a situation where simply struggling to maintain middle class status... is increasingly difficult. However... real fuck ups can stay in business and even be given bail outs... because they are "too big to fail".

No wonder some people feel entitled.

I think the only solution is perhaps a complete and total collapse of credit. Credit makes things more expensive than they realistically should be. People who shouldnt be able to afford something...can "afford " it with credit. People who should be able to afford something, cant BECAUSE CREDIT PRICED IT OUT OF THEIR RANGE.. So we have a situation where poor people pretend to be rich... and more succesful people have to live frugally (that is if they avoid using credit).

I cant tell you how many times i run into coworkers with nicer cars and homes in spite of comparable income. Sure...they look "rich"... but they are probably hopelessly overextended on credit. If these wide swaths of people didnt have access to such ridiculous credit... things would be more affordable for people who responsibly deserve those things.

The financial class has succesfully enslaved us all... and we are all as much a part to blame.

That being said... i understand why people are pissed. The system is rigged to ensure that wealthy elites get to maintain their monopolies...and even have their little empires propped up when their risky bets turn sour. Our government then in turn raises our taxes and gives them to the very bastards who raided our retirement accounts illegally, in order to ensure the top guys get their golden parachutes.

Entitled my ass. Some millenials ARE entitled little pricks...but to be fair, it is a lot harder to earn a living wage today than 50 years ago. They have some bullshit things they complain about... but they are inhereiting a pretty shitty future. There are some real things to be upset about.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
This.  Maybe millenials will be more motivated when they don't have to pay for past generations' FSA losers
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem with millenials is that their solutions to their problems is more of the same.

They will make the same mistakes as the baby boomers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Speaking as a guy born in '91, I do agree with you to some extent.

But for every dumbass millennial I know, I can list off just as many in their 40's-50's I grew up around / have worked with.

Everything is relative.
View Quote
Ive once been told by a boomer that i was working myself into an early grave.

I was born in 1983.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#35]

I can only imagine the shock wave that must have been felt in that building.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Millenials entitled?

We are told to get college degrees, continue our education...and work harder... YET even the well educated middle class is struggling to afford what high school drop outs could afford 50 years ago. You need to be extraordinary just to SURVIVE....when 50 years ago, even the dimwitted could earn a living wage. 50 years ago...

Then there is the outsourcing? Geez... go into thousands of dollars of debt,  to gain a degree for a field that might be totally outsourced in 4 years!!! Then complain that now you have to take a walmart job...and peope call you "entitled" because you heeded the warning about "go to college or you will be stuck working at walmart".

Meanwhile the financial class gains ever more and more multiplication of wealth over us mere commoners.

When we fuck up... we lose jobs, income, homes, and even families break up thanks to predatory divorce lawyers and family courts and a society that encorages divorce. When the elite fuck up... the government bails those mother fuckers out.

We have a society that preaches on about the disposability of the family...and at the same time, wonder why employers have no loyalty towards their workers.

We live in a world where hard work does not necessarily mean you will succeed...and where failure is rewarded both at the higher rungs  (corporate welfare) and lower rungs (the lower/under classes). This leads to a situation where simply struggling to maintain middle class status... is increasingly difficult. However... real fuck ups can stay in business and even be given bail outs... because they are "too big to fail".

I think the only solution is perhaps a complete and total collapse of credit. Credit makes things more expensive than they realistically should be. People who shouldnt be able to afford something...can "afford " it with credit. People who should be able to afford something, cant BECAUSE CREDIT PRICED IT OUT OF THEIR RANGE.. So we have a situation where poor people pretend to be rich... and more succesful people have to live frugally (that is if they avoid using credit).

I cant tell you how many times i run into coworkers with nicer cars and homes in spite of comparable income. Sure...they look "rich"... but they are probably hopelessly overextended on credit. If these wide swaths of people didnt have access to such ridiculous credit... things would be more affordable for people who responsibly deserve those things.

The financial class has succesfully enslaved us all... and we are all as much a part to blame.

That being said... i understand why people are pissed. The system is rigged to ensure that wealthy elites get to maintain their monopolies...and even have their little empires propped up when their risky bets turn sour. Our government then in turn raises our taxes and gives them to the very bastards who raided our retirement accounts illegally, in order to ensure the top guys get their golden parachutes.

Entitled my ass. Some millenials ARE entitled little pricks...but to be fair, it is a lot harder to earn a living wage today than 50 years ago. They have some bullshit things they complain about... but they are inhereiting a pretty shitty future. There are some real things to be upset about.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

You wrote "stupid" twice.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#38]
You are 10 years away from being politically irrelevant.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Millenials entitled?

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Millenials entitled?

View Quote

Insert mic drop here
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Millenials entitled?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Millenials entitled?

YET even the well educated middle class is struggling to afford what high school drop outs could afford 50 years ago.

I stopped here. I was in elementary school 40yrs ago.  High school drop outs of that time could afford the basics to survive, my dad was one of them.  You need more money to survive, because you think you need more shit to survive.  You got a college degree, because you feared the alternative ...getting your hands dirty.  Even in college you decided that dedicating 4 years (or more) to study a hobby was a good idea.  Then you are angry at the world because your hobby doesn't translate into a skill anybody needs.  You lower yourself to take and entry level job and are pissed to learn that the company pays a guy with 20 years of experience (maybe no degree) more than you.  Even worse this company expects you to show up on time and work ..anxiety attack or not.  Fuck it, you quit and move back home because you are better than this.  Why the hell do banks keep hounding me to pay my loans, none of this is my fault.....I am simply a victim of a vicious system.

BTW..I use "you" in the metaphorical sense.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Millenials entitled?

View Quote

This HAS to be a joke, or a parody.

Because never before have I seen such an example of someone playing such a whiny ass, self-absorbed, victim, in my life.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You are 10 years away from being politically irrelevant.
View Quote

Says the Bernie supporter
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That is all.
View Quote

They've been dumbed down.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He likes stupid.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Just keep SS solvent.
TY.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#49]
'Sup oldsters. It's us. With our googles and yolos, we are the source of your problems and the decline of society that has been talked about for thousands of years. Later, hater.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#50]

You guys ran this ship.

Were just now stepping aboard.

You blame us.

Thats fucking comical
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top