Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
God I can't wait until this election is over and the fucking retards in GD can stop attacking the very people that defend our rights and slobbing the knob of a lifetime Democrat who's done nothing but work against us.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I read the words but it's your own comprehension that requires improvement.

Heidi Cruz agrees with the OP is what I said; not that she "writes laws" when she speaks in public.

Trump derangement sufferers usually shoot from the hip in knee jerk anger whenever a less than flattering opinion is voiced about the object of their blind worship.

It's not a political campaign to them, it's a cult.

The fact is that, in a laughably clumsy attempt to further her husband's prospects with the voters, she stated that Ted Cruz was a Hispanic immigrant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heidi Cruz writes laws by misspeaking now?

That's really reaching.  She clearly meant that he is the son of an immigrant.

Ted needs to keep her home or working late at the office.

But....she only "misspoke".

"Ted is an immigrant," Mrs. Cruz said. "He is Hispanic. We can unify this Party."

What she said was clear as a bell and needed to be cleaned up afterwards.

You clearly did not read my post, so I will repeat - Heidi Cruz writes laws by misspeaking now?

Read the words.

We know Cruz's history.  He was born in Canada, to a U.S. Citizen mother and a Cuban father.  He was a U.S. citizen AT BIRTH, because his mother was a U.S. citizen and his father was a longtime legal resident of the U.S.

Cruz is NOT an immigrant.  This is fact.  His father was, but he was not.  Therefore, if Heidi truly said that, she merely misspoke, just as we all do on a regular basis.  And even if she believed that Cruz was an immigrant, she would be wrong.

I read the words but it's your own comprehension that requires improvement.

Heidi Cruz agrees with the OP is what I said; not that she "writes laws" when she speaks in public.

Trump derangement sufferers usually shoot from the hip in knee jerk anger whenever a less than flattering opinion is voiced about the object of their blind worship.

It's not a political campaign to them, it's a cult.

The fact is that, in a laughably clumsy attempt to further her husband's prospects with the voters, she stated that Ted Cruz was a Hispanic immigrant.

You have mastered the High and Mighty language.

"I have read the words - however - it is your own comprehension that requires improvement."

I don't need Hollywood writing.

The only concern is whether or not Cruz is a natural born citizen.  It doesn't matter what anyone says.  If she actually said what she was quoted as saying, she was either simply wrong or she misspoke.  It is a complete non-issue what she said.  Only facts matter.  It's a moot friggin' point, why are we talking about it?

Cruz's father is a Cuban immigrant.  Cruz himself is not.  This is fact, undisputed.

You wrote:  "Trump derangement sufferers usually shoot from the hip in knee jerk anger whenever a less than flattering opinion is voiced about the object of their blind worship."

You assume a lot.  First of all, yes, I am a Cruz supporter.  I have been a fan of Cruz many years before he ran for president.  But not only is "Trump derangement" a disease that could easily be turned around to those who are against Cruz "Ooh, you suffer from Cruz derangement syndrome!", but I really haven't decided on Trump.  I have mixed feelings, but will vote for him if he gets the nomination.  So you assume things about me as if I am not an individual.  That is how I would expect a liberal to think.

Secondly, I am merely stating fact.  I am not responding in anger.  The facts are what they are - Cruz is a natural-born citizen, his father was a longtime legal resident immigrated from Cuba at the time of Ted's birth, and Ted's mother is a U.S. citizen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

*slow clap*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After 5  years of interaction I changed my mind.

What is personal interaction compared to the bleating of clueless sheep practicing mental masturbation on the Internet?

Donald will make a damned good President and perhaps a great one.

I've also changed my position on the subjects of the legalization of marijuana, as well as on gay marriage; both of which I've come to favor.

Anyone who doesn't like that either?

Tough shit.

I might believe that fairy tale if you'd come out and shared it when you first started shilling for Trump.  A story of how despite his numerous (and continuing) examples of support of liberal ideas and politics, your personal interactions with him had convinced you he would be a good conservative president.

Instead, you mocked anyone who bothered to look at Trumps record and posted a cry baby over and over again, until someone else dug up your old comments about the liberal elitist gun grabber Trump, and suddenly this new story of "personal interaction" appeared.

A more likely explanation?  You're just another NY transplant to Florida, who's decided fucking up one state with NY values didn't quite cut it, so you're cheering for a liberal New Yorker to do the same to the rest of the US.  You had to come up with some explanation for your rabid fanboyism of a guy who's bullshit you used to be able to see through, and now you "personally know" Trump.

Good luck with your evolving back story.

*slow clap*

Bullshit, but you both already know that.

All the lies and personal attacks don't advance Lyin' Teds prospects a single iota.

BTW; are you the firearms instructor who shot his own student?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What is personal interaction compared to the bleating of clueless sheep practicing mental masturbation on the Internet?

I've also changed my position on the subjects of the legalization of marijuana, as well as on gay marriage; both of which I've come to favor.

Tough shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heidi Cruz writes laws by misspeaking now?

That's really reaching.  She clearly meant that he is the son of an immigrant.

Ted needs to keep her home or working late at the office.

But....she only "misspoke".

"Ted is an immigrant," Mrs. Cruz said. "He is Hispanic. We can unify this Party."

What she said was clear as a bell and needed to be cleaned up afterwards.

What? You mean like your repeated denunciations of Donald Trump as an attention seeking charlatan and enemy to conservatives and gun owners?

Tough shit.

What about Trump's supporting individual healthcare mandates, touchback amnesty, the Kelo decision, warrantless surveillance, etc

Did you change your mind on those too or have you always supported those?

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

All the lies and personal attacks don't advance Lyin' Teds prospects a single iota.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tough shit.

I might believe that fairy tale if you'd come out and shared it when you first started shilling for Trump.  A story of how despite his numerous (and continuing) examples of support of liberal ideas and politics, your personal interactions with him had convinced you he would be a good conservative president.

Instead, you mocked anyone who bothered to look at Trumps record and posted a cry baby over and over again, until someone else dug up your old comments about the liberal elitist gun grabber Trump, and suddenly this new story of "personal interaction" appeared.

A more likely explanation?  You're just another NY transplant to Florida, who's decided fucking up one state with NY values didn't quite cut it, so you're cheering for a liberal New Yorker to do the same to the rest of the US.  You had to come up with some explanation for your rabid fanboyism of a guy who's bullshit you used to be able to see through, and now you "personally know" Trump.

*slow clap*

Nope, I've never shot a student.  Just a guy who finds it curious that your personal interactions with Trump that convinced you of his merits never came up until after your past thoughts on Trump did.

It's the sort of thing that makes a man wonder, like when Trump says he is pro gun but donates to anti gunners after they vote for the SAFE Act.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tough shit.

*slow clap*

You want to talk about Trump derangement?  You use Trump's silly propaganda term "lyin' Ted", and not only use it like a puppet, but use it without any backup.  Just like propaganda has been used since it was invented, you use a term as if the term itself supports its own argument.

And you think the previous poster shot his student?  I dunno, you sound rather insane to me.

Trump is weird, he has a confusing history, and I don't know what to make of him, but I'll vote for him if I have to.  But would you ever vote for "lyin' Ted?"
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Personally I believe that the founders meaning of a natural born citizen is a child of two US citizens born on US soil.  It's what came later that changed it.

But after Obama I don't know that I think it matters much anymore.  And Ted isn't going to win the nomination anyway.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Personally I believe that the founders meaning of a natural born citizen is a child of two US citizens born on US soil.  It's what came later that changed it.
View Quote

That would be incorrect.

Someone linked to a Harvard Law discussion on the meaning and origins of Natural Born Citizen earlier.  It's worth a read if you haven't checked it out.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nope, I've never shot a student.  Just a guy who finds it curious that your personal interactions with Trump that convinced you of his merits never came up until after your past thoughts on Trump did.

It's the sort of thing that makes a man wonder, like when Trump says he is pro gun but donates to anti gunners after they vote for the SAFE Act.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tough shit.

*slow clap*

The question  of whether or not he was the firearms instructor who shot his own student was directed at OKSoda and not you.

BTW; FYI I was born in Fort Lauderdale and moved to Brooklyn when my dad landed a job in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.

The rest of my family remains in Florida.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But after Obama I don't know that I think it matters much anymore.  And Ted isn't going to win the nomination anyway.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The question  of whether or not he was the firearms instructor who shot his own student was directed at OKSoda and not you.

BTW; FYI I was born in Fort Lauderdale and moved to Brooklyn when my dad landed a job in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.

View Quote

Firearm instructor?  Uhh no.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is America-first talking about?  Again, WTF?

It sounds like someone desperate to win an argument, but using a really poor tactic.  I'd never try to win an argument by attacking the poster of an opinion.  An opinion stands on its own - it's either right or wrong.  The person who states it has nothing to do with its legitimacy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For some reason I thought I remembered that you accidentally shot someone.

It must have been someone else who did that.

Thanks for straightening me out on that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of all the issues brought up in my post, it's interesting that you chose to address only whether or not you're from NY.  

Not surprising, since you've continually ducked the issue.  I get it.....it would be hard to come up with anything that sounded even half plausible for why you wouldn't actually bother to share the story of how you were converted from thinking a man was a liberal elitist gun grabber in the same vein as Michael Bloomberg to knowing he was a pro gun, solid choice for the GOP nomination.  That's a hell of a conversion story to win skeptical people like me over for your guy, and something you should have been shouting from the rooftops at all of the rest of us doubters who hold the same doubts you once did about the man...if it were true.  Instead you were, to put it bluntly...an ass to everyone who questioned Trump.

That kind of says it all, doesn't it?

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoulda checked your facts before making such a bold accusation.  Your flippant, non-sequitorial and deadly-serious accusation shows something about your character.  Even if he had shot someone, what does that have to do with the discussion?  It's a classic tactic of attacking an argument by moving around it and attacking the character of the one who states it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I believe

View Quote

You used to believe a lot of things, until suddenly you didn't

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#17]
If we had a wall Ted Cruz would still be in Canada...Yo!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If Trump supporters put as much effort into caucusing as they do whining, the Mango Messiah would already have 1237.
View Quote

Exactly.  If Trump was as brilliant as his backers think he is, he would have at least read the damn rule book.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe

You mean like that one guy with the combover?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe

A lot like that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#21]
JFC....
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

Since many seem to be missing this link, I'll quote it.

And just for the TL;DR crowd:

While some constitutional issues are truly difficult, with framing-era sources either nonexistent or contradictory, here, the relevant materials clearly indicate that a “natural born Citizen” means a citizen from birth with no need to go through naturalization proceedings. The Supreme Court has long recognized that two particularly useful sources in understanding constitutional terms are British common law and enactments of the First Congress.  Both confirm that the original meaning of the phrase “natural born Citizen” includes persons born abroad who are citizens from birth based on the citizenship of a parent.

The British concept of Natural Born is pretty interesting to dig into for those interested in the topic and not just shilling for "their guy".

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#23]
AmericaFirst is simply trolling for an angry reaction from you guys.

Mods have really dropped the ball this primary season.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Shoulda checked your facts before making such a bold accusation.  Your flippant, non-sequitorial and deadly-serious accusation shows something about your character.  Even if he had shot someone, what does that have to do with the discussion?  It's a classic tactic of attacking an argument by moving around it and attacking the character of the one who states it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Liberal tactics.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

America-180.  

His story doesn't add up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lyin' America-first
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Facts don't lie.

Cruz' parents failed to go to the US Embassy to fill out the naturalization paperwork when he was born in 1970 & failed to fill out the paperwork again in 1974 when they brought him to the US.

Cruz' parents did fill out the naturalization paperwork in 1986 when he tried to get a US passport & he was told to go get a Canadian one.

So yes, he is a naturalized US citizen.
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/abroad/events-and-records/birth.html
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/02/report-ted-cruz-entered-us-illegally-1974/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP, do you believe that Cruz is a US citizen now?

Facts don't lie.

Cruz' parents failed to go to the US Embassy to fill out the naturalization paperwork when he was born in 1970 & failed to fill out the paperwork again in 1974 when they brought him to the US.

Cruz' parents did fill out the naturalization paperwork in 1986 when he tried to get a US passport & he was told to go get a Canadian one.

So yes, he is a naturalized US citizen.
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/abroad/events-and-records/birth.html
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/02/report-ted-cruz-entered-us-illegally-1974/
Totally irrelevant. My kids were born in foreign and not registered at the embassy before returning to the US. Both of their  certificates of citizenship are coded "at birth". My wife naturalized after having a green card for years. Similar process, but totally different documentation.  The INA is long, confusing, and retarded at times, but not nearly as much as the people that spout this crap.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#28]
OP is drunk again?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe

He DVR'd The Apprentice er, uh, had personal interaction and it changed his mind.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:48:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The British concept of Natural Born is pretty interesting to dig into for those interested in the topic and not just shilling for "their guy".

View All Quotes
Quoted:

While some constitutional issues are truly difficult, with framing-era sources either nonexistent or contradictory, here, the relevant materials clearly indicate that a “natural born Citizen” means a citizen from birth with no need to go through naturalization proceedings. The Supreme Court has long recognized that two particularly useful sources in understanding constitutional terms are British common law and enactments of the First Congress.  Both confirm that the original meaning of the phrase “natural born Citizen” includes persons born abroad who are citizens from birth based on the citizenship of a parent.

The state department seems to disagree with you.

Persons who acquired U.S. citizenship or U.S. nationality at birth in one of the following current or former territories or outlying possessions of the United States during relevant time periods are not eligible for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen because such persons are not considered to have been born abroad. Individuals born in these locations during the relevant times may establish acquisition of U.S. citizenship or non-citizen nationality, based upon the applicable agreement or statute, by producing their birth certificate issued from the local Vital Records Office along with any other evidence required to establish acquisition:

Puerto Rico
       U.S. Virgin Islands American Samoa
       Guam
       Swains Island
       The Panama Canal Zone before October 1, 1979
       The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands after January 8, 1978 (8PM EST)
       The Philippines before July 4, 1946

CRBA is a naturalization form - it does not make you natural born.
You don't need to do it if you're born on US Property (a territory, military base, etc).
Congress wouldn't have needed to pass a law (& create the form) if you could be born abroad & automatically be a natural born citizen.
The whole point of the natural born citizen clause in the Constitution was to prevent foreign citizens from taking the office of president.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:50:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

All he's ended up doing is becoming a source for my endless amusement.  I'd never put that guy on ignore.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:55:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The state department seems to disagree with you.

View Quote

Heaven forbid!  The State Department!  They're clearly a higher authority than the words and intent of the founding fathers, and the concept of "natural born citizen" when they wrote the Constitution.

Good lord.

Do you reinterpret the 2nd Amendment every time the ATF puts out a new memo?

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:27:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Does anyone here believe that if you have an American parent, and you are born while they are on vacation in another country, that you are not a natural-born U.S. citizen?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:30:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Does anyone here believe that if you have an American parent, and you are born while they are on vacation in another country, that you are not a natural-born U.S. citizen?
View Quote

Just the Mango Mafia
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.

Better question;

Does anybody here believe that the founding fathers wrote the constitution so that Canadian citizens could run for President as long as they renounced their citizenship right before they entered the race?

Follow up;

If so, why aren't people like Schwarzenegger eligible to run?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:06:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Perhaps it's time for stupid people to not post

Obviously I'm not talking about the OP, I'm just saying in general, since we're doing a wishful thinking thread.
View Quote

Agreed 100%
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:07:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Everything said in that video and analysis is correct.

Prove it wrong

View Quote

That's not the way it works, skippy. You make the claim, you prove it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:09:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lol, Mango Mafia thread
View Quote

Their titles just keep getting better and better
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:10:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Are you sure?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Piss and moan all you like Cruzites, because Lyin' Ted's own wife Heidi publically agrees with the OP.

"Heidi Cruz referred to Sen. Ted Cruz as an immigrant while laying out the reasons people should vote for her husband in Indiana's primary, raising some eyebrows.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/05/01/heidi-cruz-says-‘ted-immigrant’-during-campaign-stop

I know you're not as dumb as you're pretending to be.

Are you sure?

I'm sure as hell not..
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:12:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
God I can't wait until this election is over and the fucking retards in GD can stop attacking the very people that defend our rights and slobbing the knob of a lifetime Democrat who's done nothing but work against us.
View Quote

10/10. Nice rant.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:21:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Trying to explain facts to Trumpfellators, might as well be a ra-tard (no offense to those born at birth with no fault of their own) speaking sign language, because Nipper the RCA Dog gives a more intelligent response than they are able to.

Btw: Still waiting on the proof of the Cruz infidellities!

We at least have court docs with your Diddler Donald admitting to knowing about Epstein's child rape resort, and a partial admission to his own preference for much younger girls.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:10:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Trying to explain facts to Trumpfellators, might as well be a ra-tard (no offense to those born at birth with no fault of their own) speaking sign language, because Nipper the RCA Dog gives a more intelligent response than they are able to.

Btw: Still waiting on the proof of the Cruz infidellities!

We at least have court docs with your Diddler Donald admitting to knowing about Epstein's child rape resort, and a partial admission to his own preference for much younger girls.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm sure Trump is scared of Hillary bringing that fake nonsense up in a debate.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes.

Better question;

Does anybody here believe that the founding fathers wrote the constitution so that Canadian citizens could run for President as long as they renounced their citizenship right before they entered the race?

Follow up;

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Better question;

Follow up;

Schwartzenegger isn't eligible because he got his citizenship later in life.  Cruz was born a citizen.  This isn't really that hard to figure out.

Cruz being a Canadian citizen is simply due to Canada's laws, and nothing to do with us.  Apparently their laws state that if you're born there, you're a citizen.  But he is also a natural-born citizen of the U.S., because he was born of a citizen mother.  Location of birth has nothing whatsoever to do with it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#45]
At this point what does it matter?

Quoted:

View Quote

Before it's over there will be a lot of Fifth Column activity by former Cruz supporters here in GD.....You ain't seen nothing yet.

Fifth Columnists will be how I refer to them but it won't matter, they will wear it like some kind of retarded crown of thorns and think of themselves as martyrs to "the cause".
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Just the Mango Mafia
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just the Mango Mafia

That is really offensive.

Mangos have done nothing to deserve being lumped in with that crowd.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes.

Better question;

Follow up;

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Better question;

Follow up;

Which one of Arnold's parents were American?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Some more from the Harvard Law link since some obviously refuse to read it.

As to the British practice, laws in force in the 1700s recognized that children born outside of the British Empire to subjects of the Crown were subjects themselves and explicitly used “natural born” to encompass such children.  These statutes provided that children born abroad to subjects of the British Empire were “natural-born Subjects . . . to all Intents, Constructions, and Purposes whatsoever.”  The Framers, of course, would have been intimately familiar with these statutes and the way they used terms like “natural born,” since the statutes were binding law in the colonies before the Revolutionary War. They were also well documented in Blackstone’s Commentaries, a text widely circulated and read by the Framers and routinely invoked in interpreting the Constitution.

No doubt informed by this longstanding tradition, just three years after the drafting of the Constitution, the First Congress established that children born abroad to U.S. citizens were U.S. citizens at birth, and explicitly recognized that such children were “natural born Citizens.” The Naturalization Act of 1790 provided that “the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens: Provided, That the right of citizenship shall not descend to persons whose fathers have never been resident in the United States . . .

(They then talk about McCain and the questions surrounding his eligibility)...The U.S. Senate unanimously agreed that Senator McCain was eligible for the presidency, resolving that any interpretation of the natural born citizenship clause as limited to those born within the United States was “inconsistent with the purpose and intent of the ‘natural born Citizen’ clause of the Constitution of the United States, as evidenced by the First Congress’s own statute defining the term ‘natural born Citizen.’”

While the field of candidates for the next presidential election is still taking shape, at least one potential candidate, Senator Ted Cruz, was born in a Canadian hospital to a U.S. citizen mother.
Despite the happenstance of a birth across the border, there is no question that Senator Cruz has been a citizen from birth and is thus a “natural born Citizen” within the meaning of the Constitution. Indeed, because his father had also been resident in the United States, Senator Cruz would have been a “natural born Citizen” even under the Naturalization Act of 1790.
View Quote

People trying to argue otherwise=

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

America-180.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

America-180.  

I bet it adds up to 30 pieces of silver.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Before it's over there will be a lot of Fifth Column activity by former Cruz supporters here in GD.....You ain't seen nothing yet.

Fifth Columnists will be how I refer to them but it won't matter, they will wear it like some kind of retarded crown of thorns and think of themselves as martyrs to "the cause".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a Cruz supporter because be is solid on policy and issues, not because I'm personally devoted to his "cause." I care about shit like gun rights and fiscal conservativism that Cruz has a good record of supporting while Trump was a Democrat.

The real fifth columnists are the liberals doing everything in their power to make sure that an unelectable childish Democrat reality TV star is Hillary's opponent in the general.

It's mind boggling that Trump's cult of worshipers can't see that.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top