Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2016 1:17:10 PM EDT
Let's get together and start a company that removes "safe gun tech" and "Recovery" tech from new guns for the owners.
I'll do the mech side and you can figure out how to disable any shutdown/tracking modes but leave the software so the owner won't bein trouble if checked. I'm thinking a random direction off of say 1/2 mile on the GPS with 10 minute recalibration.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
IN!  On the ground floor even.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Wrap grip in aluminum foil?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Let's get together and start a company that removes "safe gun tech" and "Recovery" tech from new guns for the owners.

I'll do the mech side and you can figure out how to disable any shutdown/tracking modes but leave the software so the owner won't bein trouble if checked. I'm thinking a random direction off of say 1/2 mile on the GPS with 10 minute recalibration.
View Quote
I could care less of this technology. I will choose not to purchase the Big Brother version of the firearm. Once the government starts to pass laws to make it mandatory, that's when I'll worry. And if it's mandatory, your company better be run by Anonymous

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wrap grip head in aluminum foil?
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]
You are thinking of something being an add-on to current technology.
Forget that. These will likely replace a lot of the mechanics with electronics, moving to electrical ignition.
The electronics embedded in carbon fiber reinforced epoxy or similar.

Screen all you like. It just won't fire.

Oh, and any attempt to bypass the security will carry a $250k fine and ten years in prison.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I like money. How much do you got?

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Anything they finally come up with is going to be worse than phones. The government won't allow a "smart" gun to be sold that the government doesn't get a key to activate or deactivate.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anything they finally come up with is going to be worse than phones. The government won't allow a "smart" gun to be sold that the government doesn't get a key to activate or deactivate.
View Quote

Which is why they'll need reprogramming to say they aren't active should the need arise to have them fire.

< since it's not currently against the law, you COC/SJW types can relax, if it should become illegal I'll quit>
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#10]
In if you provide me with a Scar to work with.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Read A.E Van Vogt's "The Weapon Shops of Isher" stories.

When we can reach that level of weapon technology, I'm in.  I might even reduce my hourly fee for some product samples.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I know how to do this kinda stuff
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Screen all you like. It just won't fire.

Oh, and any attempt to bypass the security will carry a $250k fine and ten years in prison.
View Quote

Yep. If this silly idea gets to market, the lawyers will have a field day and make you sign (or click through) an EULA.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I assume you are skilled in the use of magnets. Magnets can create and destroy any tech. Magnets. Did I say magnets? Because it's magnets you need.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I assume you are skilled in the use of magnets. Magnets can create and destroy any tech. Magnets. Did I say magnets? Because it's magnets you need.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Destroying it is easy, making it appear to function correctly after its been modded is going to be the hard part.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Guess EMP will also make all the legal firearms not work too. Mall ninja's that bough katanas in the 90's were ahead of their time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top