[#3]
That cop needs his attitude adjusted.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Is that his head going into the shitter? If so, I'm impressed  

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#5]
What a smart ass.  I am going to follow the cop as close as possible........................what will happen.............Idiot.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#6]
well he did have tinted windows
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#7]

"I braked cause I thought you were going to run in to me"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#8]
lol
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Cop was an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:What a smart ass.  I am going to follow the cop as close as possible........................what will happen.............Idiot.
View Quote

As close as possible?  You don't think he could of followed closer?  

If so he did an amazing job reacting to the braking and stopping 2-4 feet behind him.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Cop was an idiot.

View Quote

Yeah, but I'm still not arguing with a cop during a stop lol. I can only lose.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah, but I'm still not arguing with a cop during a stop lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cop was an idiot.

Yeah, but I'm still not arguing with a cop during a stop lol.

Yeah, no point.

You know you are recording, take the tickets, go file a complaint then go to court.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#13]
He seemed to stop in time even though the cop slammed on his brakes pretty hard. Sounds like another ass hat cop.

In before the unnecessary lock.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cop was an idiot.

I'm surprised NJ state troopers don't get brake checked more often.. In my 6 years of commuting from PA to NYC, it seems common practise for NJ troopers to tailgate slow drivers in the fast lane in an attempt to get them to merge right. Not a fan of left lane campers but this seemed quite retarded at 70+ mpg when your car has lights, siren and a PA system..
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Yet Ive  had cops finding  no problem following as close as possible and then pulling you over for no apparent reason  late at night to fuck with you because maybe you are coming home from a bar instead of (in my case) playing ice hockey.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Not best practice to stop in that manner, but guy was close. Best practice is to pull to curb, let guy pass and then stop.

CV is not "modified" car...big boat, that's it.

In a busy city you have near misses here and there...this guy wouldn't peak my interest unless he was following for prolonged time before vid starts.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Had a cop down in Melbourne Florida do the opposite. I left the pool hall late one night on my bike, he pulled in behind me and proceeded to ride my ass. I brake checked him 3 times before he got pissed and lit me up. Asked me what I though I was doing and I asked him why he was trying to run over my rear wheel. He "let me off" with a warning. Prick.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Cop was an idiot.
View Quote

Yep.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Not guilty. The cop was way in the wrong for that.
View Quote

The cop wasn't just in the wrong, but he was a stupid asshole for dong this.

One way road, we can never go down....
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm surprised NJ state troopers don't get brake checked more often.. In my 6 years of commuting from PA to NYC, it seems common practise for NJ troopers to tailgate slow drivers in the fast lane in an attempt to get them to merge right. Not a fan of left lane campers but this seemed quite retarded at 70+ mpg when your car has lights, siren and a PA system..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cop was an idiot.

Don't camp the left lane.  PA drivers are notorious for it.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Id10t's shall not tailgate. I see no problem. Officer should get a Commendation.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#23]
At the 25 mph they were traveling, I don't think that was tail gating.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Id10t's shall not tailgate. I see no problem. Officer should get a Commendation.
View Quote

Fitting user name you have there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not best practice to stop in that manner, but guy was close. Best practice is to pull to curb, let guy pass and then stop.

CV is not "modified" car...big boat, that's it.

In a busy city you have near misses here and there...this guy wouldn't peak my interest unless he was following for prolonged time before vid starts.

View Quote

This ^^^ = cop is an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tailgaters are scum in my book. They put everyone on the road at risk so they can get there 3.5 seconds faster. Seen too much bad shit because of them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

According to the 10mph = 20ft law it was. Even the driver admitted that he was by his 1 car length statement.

If the bored cop (must be nice to have such low crime) had not been a douche and brake checked the guy, it would have been a good stop. The cops actions pretty much guarantee that all cites will be thrown out.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Tailgaters are scum in my book. They put everyone on the road at risk so they can get there 3.5 seconds faster. Seen too much bad shit because of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a 25 mph zone, that was hardly tailgating. The cop slammed his brakes on and the guy didn't hit him, even with a poor reaction time. You need to lighten up

Eta: he may have been following too close, but even so, the cop acted poorly and your call for a commendation is pretty stupid.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

According to the 10mph = 20ft law it was. Even the driver admitted that he was by his 1 car length statement.

If the bored cop (must be nice to have such low crime) had not been a douche and brake checked the guy, it would have been a good stop. The cops actions pretty much guarantee that all cites will be thrown out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clifton gets their fair share of shit.  They border Patterson.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#30]
This is a dupe.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, he did say he was only one length away. Maybe the camera lense distortion is making it look like he was farther back than he was, or maybe it's because I'm watching it on a phone . Either way though, cop way over reacted.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, my post stands. According to neighborhood scout Clifton crime rate is a 42/100 Paterson a 16/100. Must be nice, really nice.
As I said, bored officers will be bored officers.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yet Ive  had cops finding  no problem following as close as possible and then pulling you over for no apparent reason  late at night to fuck with you because maybe you are coming home from a bar instead of (in my case) playing ice hockey.
View Quote

SOP in the town that I used to live in.

Come flying up on you with a 20-30 mph closing speed and lock it down 6 inches off your back bumper, then start weaving back and forth. Speed up, get pulled over. Slow down, get pulled over. Change lanes or turn, get pulled over.

And then do the "WHY ARE YOU DRIVING ERRATICALLY?! HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING?!?!" in a drill sargeant voice when they finally pull you over.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

True, he did say he was only one length away. Maybe the camera lense distortion is making it look like he was farther back than he was, or maybe it's because I'm watching it on a phone . Either way though, cop way over reacted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, as I said, cop is a douche/idiot.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Come flying up on you with a 20-30 mph closing speed and lock it down 6 inches off your back bumper, then start weaving back and forth. Speed up, get pulled over. Slow down, get pulled over. Change lanes or turn, get pulled over.

And then do the "WHY ARE YOU DRIVING ERRATICALLY?! HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING?!?!" in a drill sargeant voice when they finally pull you over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they got a term for such douchebaggery too
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

I got pulled over at gunpoint in Bernardsville at 1am because I decided to pull over to the side of the road to make a phonecall rather than drive with him behind me, and "I was driving a Mercedes at 1am so I may have been a member of the James Bond Gang, he didn't know, I could have been one because they escape in luxury cars, he had to be careful".

That was a fun one. Ticket ended up being for doing a burnout in a 4wd 200hp Benz sedan, completely possible. Naturally when I asked for the dashcam footage "it was my lucky day because the audio broke". Judge let it stand and then I was body checked by the officer walking by me as I left the courtroom, in front of everyone to their shock.

That said I've had nothing but positive interaction with other LEOs with some as friends even. Bad apples in every profession.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I got pulled over at gunpoint in Bernardsville at 1am because I decided to pull over to the side of the road to make a phonecall rather than drive with him behind me, and "I was driving a Mercedes at 1am so I may have been a member of the James Bond Gang, he didn't know, I could have been one because they escape in luxury cars, he had to be careful".

That was a fun one. Ticket ended up being for doing a burnout in a 4wd 200hp Benz sedan, completely possible. Naturally when I asked for the dashcam footage "it was my lucky day because the audio broke". Judge let it stand and then I was body checked by the officer walking by me as I left the courtroom, in front of everyone to their shock.

That said I've had nothing but positive interaction with other LEOs with some as friends even. Bad apples in every profession.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed , not all LEO are assholes , the asshole ratio across all walks of life are the same . I got friends and family that are cops , they arent assholes , to my knowledge anyway.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The impressive part was that that he got up from the floor a few seconds later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyEBXuSHAj8
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Meh, my post stands. According to neighborhood scout Clifton crime rate is a 42/100 Paterson a 16/100. Must be nice, really nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, 16 with 100 being the safest.  Their violent crime rate is 1064, average is 200s.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Choose Your Own Adventure (for morons).

"That guy is tailgating me.  I'll show that stupid mother fucker what's what . . . "

Do you:

A.  Slam on the brakes. (Turn to page 87)

B.  Turn on your wigwags, and initiate a traffic stop (Turn to page 69)

C.  Turn up the stereo, and start shouting ten codes into your mic. (Turn to page 8)
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Bad behavior by the cop in this one...
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cop was an idiot.

lol I stick to the middle lane on 80, set cruise to 70-75.. only venture to the left when I need to pass the car in front of me that all of a sudden went from 70-75 to 50 to climb a hill, pass them on the left and then shortly there after see them riding my ass on the way down the hill.. they'll pass me and get in front only to repeat this process on the next incline..
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#44]
When he got brake checked there was a good second of delay between the cop passing an object and it passing out of frame of the video.

The article states 29 miles per hour before the stop.

Assuming a one second gap between the vehicles at that speed they were 42.5 feet apart.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Had a cop down in Melbourne Florida do the opposite. I left the pool hall late one night on my bike, he pulled in behind me and proceeded to ride my ass. I brake checked him 3 times before he got pissed and lit me up. Asked me what I though I was doing and I asked him why he was trying to run over my rear wheel. He "let me off" with a warning. Prick.
View Quote

Had  a Wichita PD tailgating me once when I was a teenager.   he was riding so close I couldn't see his front bumper.  Obviously looking for me to do something wrong.   A traffic light changed just before I got to it, and I could stop, but just barely so I stood on the brakes.  Didn't think about the fact at the time I was brake checking him, but I wasn't about to run through a yellow light w/ a cop on my ass.   The look on his face when his nose went down and the back of my car w/ trailer hitch was up was priceless though.    He pulled me over on a fishing expedition right after that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Just another cunt with a badge.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Damn what is it with that horrible accent, sounds like they've been licking cat's asses..  

The officer is a douche and needs a new line of work, he was NOT being tailgated.

Driver needs a beat down for his horrible taste in music.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, 16 with 100 being the safest.  Their violent crime rate is 1064, average is 200s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must be nice, my lovely city was a 6/100. This yr we've already had 2/3 the homicides in only 4 months.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Must be nice, my lovely city was a 6/100. This yr we've already had 2/3 the homicides in only 4 months.
View Quote

Your city makes Newark look good.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Mine had a direct video. So f your dupe
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top