Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/30/2016 7:09:26 PM EDT
http://wncn.com/2016/04/30/fort-bragg-soldier-arrested-charged-with-raping-soldier-assigned-to-same-unit/

(FAYETTEVILLE, N.C.) – A Fort Bragg soldier has been arrested and charged with kidnapping and raping another soldier assigned to the same unit on base, Fayetteville Police said.

Johnathan Simpson, 26, was arrested Friday and charged with first-degree rape, first-degree kidnapping, and sexual battery in connection with a sexual assault that occurred in the 1000 block of Bragg Boulevard on April 25. Simpson’s victim is also 26 years old.

Simpson was arrested at his unit on Fort Bragg with the assistance of Fort Bragg Military Police, officials said.

Simpson was processed at the Cumberland County Detention Center where he is being held on a $250,000.00 secured bond.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder if it was a female victim.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder what makes people think they can get away with shit like this
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Last I checked Ft. Bragg has the highest rate of male on male rape out of any military post of any service.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe he hadn't gotten his turn to play the new SHARP video game?

Seriously, though, that's worthy of a death sentence no matter whether the victim was male or female.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Last I checked Ft. Bragg has the highest rate of male on male rape out of any military post of any service.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So not a lot of "bragging" going on about one's sexual prowess, I would assume.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]
try him, put him against the wall if guilty and shoot that fucker.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard a lot of stories while overseas about the 82nd Airborne

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

removed...krp
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone didn't get the promotion they wanted
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck else you gonna do in Fayetteville?

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
maybe if they let more women in to serve at a time in a mans life when your telling him he is the baddest mother fucker in the jungle.

oh it will get better you can bet on it.   if this was a guy that was raped then I give up all hope and burn it all down.

should have kept pepper spray in his purse.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Even more reason why faggots should not be in the service.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rape is rarely about sexual attraction. It's a power thing. Defiling someone in the most personal way possible when they are at their most vulnerable.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess he didn't watch the tea consent video I've been showing junior service members?

https://youtu.be/oQbei5JGiT8
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Rape is rarely about sexual attraction. It's a power thing. Defiling someone in the most personal way possible when they are at their most vulnerable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it's still gay when a guy fucks another guy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

totes gay
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, besides the penis and butthole, there's hardly anything sexual about about it
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, besides the penis and butthole, there's hardly anything sexual about about it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One can perform sex acts without being sexually attracted to a person. Hell, I know a guy who makes a sport out of finding the most repulsive partners he can stomach.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember hearing about dudes getting raped on Lejeune before gays were allowed to serve.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I remember hearing about dudes getting raped on Lejeune before gays were allowed to serve.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool story.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Cool story.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool story.  

So it's not a new thing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if men are raping men then I would say it is the same time gays were serving. dont ask dont rape kind of thing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same. Article read as male IMHO
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#24]
As long as he was current on SHARP training no officers are in danger. Also the entire Division will now have to redo SHARP training. Also was his supervisors most recent NCOER current as a strong promoter of SHARP training?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

As long as he was current on SHARP training no officers are in danger. Also the entire Division will now have to redo SHARP training. Also was his supervisors most recent NCOER current as a strong promoter of SHARP training?
View Quote
All NCOERs must have a comment about SHARP.  All, of course, are very canned and ridiculous
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

if men are raping men then I would say it is the same time gays were serving. dont ask dont rape kind of thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you telling me that letting faggots in the service won't have any effect on the rate of man on man assrape?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Are you telling me that letting faggots in the service won't have any effect on the rate of man on man assrape?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By Bettendorf

No!!  Rape isnt sexual!  You're not getting it!  Its not a sexual thing!  Gosh!!

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#28]
This thread went full retard pretty quick.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Seriously, though, that's worthy of a death sentence no matter whether the victim was male or female.
View Quote

Way to over-react....  

I'm all for the death penalty when it's a life for a life.  But in this case, lock the guy up and throw away the key....  Death penalty?  Yeah... No.  

Good thing you're not a judge!
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No!!  Rape isnt sexual!  You're not getting it!  Its not a sexual thing!  Gosh!!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Bettendorf

Do you think that gays rape more often than straight people?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Way to over-react....  

I'm all for the death penalty when it's a life for a life.  But in this case, lock the guy up and throw away the key....  Death penalty?  Yeah... No.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way to over-react....  

I can come up with a bunch of good reasons to kill a man. I have yet to hear a good reason to rape a dude.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Rape is rarely about sexual attraction. It's a power thing....
One can perform sex acts without being sexually attracted to a person. Hell, I know a guy who makes a sport out of finding the most repulsive partners he can stomach.
View Quote

That's just what he tells you.  I know a guy that used to say the same shit.  Probably because it was easy and he wasn't that great a catch himself.  But if he had the option of getting a hottie, he would take the hottie 100% of the time, I guarantee it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I can come up with a bunch of good reasons to kill a man. I have yet to hear a good reason to rape a dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way to over-react....  

Ha... Ha...  Agreed!
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No.  But i know if you dont let faggots serve youll have a lower amount of man on man rape.  Fommon sense shit i am talking about here.  And thats just one of the reasons why i dont want faggots in the military
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No.  But i know if you dont let faggots serve youll have a lower amount of man on man rape.  Fommon sense shit i am talking about here.  And thats just one of the reasons why i dont want faggots in the military
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is faggot rape more heinous than straight person rape?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I wonder what makes people think they can get away with shit like this
View Quote

He didn't know any better. Obviously that unit needs more SHARP briefings.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Did he Bragg about it or what?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there something wrong with you?  Go take a nap.  You got a case of the fuzzy wuzzies

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Wonder if their hairstyles are in compliance with AR670-1
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably not. Like most child molesters most of these rapists were "openly" straight before going all surprise homosex on their fellow soldier.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Way to over-react....  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way to over-react....  

The taxpayers thank you for this
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Is there something wrong with you?  Go take a nap.  You got a case of the fuzzy wuzzies  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just trying to find out why you don't want faggots in the service and what that has to do with this story.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what is this? the 80s? no one calls gay men faggots any more. faggots or fag for short are all assholes who ride loud harleys.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Way to over-react....  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way to over-react....  

I'd prefer to put down rabid dogs than feed and care for them until they die of old age. I'm efficient like that. And forcible rape can technically carry the death sentence under UCMJ, at least in certain circumstances.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Needs more PowerPoint

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I'm just trying to find out why you don't want faggots in the service and what that has to do with this story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go find my first post in this thread and please try to keep up
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not if the other guy is a leg.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'd prefer to put down rabid dogs than feed and care for them until they die of old age. I'm efficient like that. And forcible rape can technically carry the death sentence under UCMJ, at least in certain circumstances.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way to over-react....  

There are plenty of things in the UCMJ that can't ever be enforced due to SCOTUS rulings.  You'll never get a death sentence for rape approved at a court martial, and if you somehow did it would be tossed on appeal.  Kennedy v. Louisiana is pretty clear, the death penalty can only be imposed for murder or crimes against the state.  The court was even petitioned later to revisit the issue based on the UCMJ's death penalty provision, they refused to do so.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There are plenty of things in the UCMJ that can't ever be enforced due to SCOTUS rulings.  You'll never get a death sentence for rape approved at a court martial, and if you somehow did it would be tossed on appeal.  Kennedy v. Louisiana is pretty clear, the death penalty can only be imposed for murder or crimes against the state.  The court was even petitioned later to revisit the issue based on the UCMJ's death penalty provision, they refused to do so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad, really. I like efficiency.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to believe in the death penalty.  Then I got an up close and personal look at the military "justice" system, and discovered that they can't get an identity theft case right, don't give a flying fuck about the rights of the accused, and the entire system exists solely to punish those the commander directs punished.  Further discussions with lawyers in the civilian justice system led me to believe that system is even more fucked up.  As a result, I can't support the death penalty any more, the system is simply too corrupt to have the moral authority to administer it.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top