Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:32:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Well isn't that wonderful...........I wonder what the next "banning" crusade will be that the 'tards will take up?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:59:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing short of a civil war will stop this. These people have used our free society to position themselves in every facet of government and every government run institution of education and many private run institutions of education.

They rewrite history to suit there needs. They eat at the moral fabric of our once great nation and slowly erode away the foundation that this nation was build upon. They use our laws and civility against us.

Eventually when they have indoctrinated enough of the population they will have enough momentum behind their movement to take control of most if not all government institutions.

They advocate daily that conservative mainly white Americans should be killed. Publicly it is done mostly by vocal radical minority groups but privately it is done by the people in power and those they support to succeeded them.

This cancer cannot be removed by education because they control the institutions of education. Violent bloody conflict is the only way to remove this cancer. It has to be cut out and because it has been allowed to fester for so long they only way to remove it is to use a chainsaw.

They have hacked away at the body which is America for over a 100 plus years and she is slowly bleeding to death from a thousand hacks. Our nation is lost and the only thing we can do in put a band aid on every gash but it is not enough. Sooner rather than later the dream which was America will be gone and our great experiment will have failed because we allowed the communist left and political correctness to determine our course in history.

Here in 2016 America in barely recognizable and is a shell of her former self. I'm not sure how many more hacks she can take but the abuse she has withstood is witness to the strength of her foundation.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:05:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What does a "Professor of Pan-African studies" teach?
View Quote

Blacks have been complaining for years that traditional history taught in schools is Euro-centric
So I can guess that this guy has tossed together a course of study that trumpets all of the crackpot theories about how humanity started in Africa, all of the vast African civilizations and technologies subverted by the evil white men for their personal gain, and how America was built on the backs of Black slaves
Oh, and there's probably a pitch made for reparations while he's at it
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Japan and Germany have monuments to their servicemen and they were the aggressors in the biggest war in history. And you are kidding yourself if you think most of those who fight in war have the luxury of reading the "founding documents" of their respective nation before entering military service.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't really make sense to memorialize the losers now does it.

Especially since KY wasn't even technically part of the CSA

You do realize that good Americans fought on both sides in the war and deserve respect and remembrance.

I get it. I went through several years where I was a big believer in the lost cause of the south and all that it entails. Then I actually read the founding documents of the confederacy and there's no way I'd still support it.

I don't know any other country that memorializes the losing side of their civil wars, we don't have monuments to the Loyalists of the Revolutionary War, and for good reason.

Japan and Germany have monuments to their servicemen and they were the aggressors in the biggest war in history. And you are kidding yourself if you think most of those who fight in war have the luxury of reading the "founding documents" of their respective nation before entering military service.

Japan and Germany weren't fighting themselves in that war either.

Like I said, I get it. My whole family on my dads side came out of Louisiana and Arkansas. I have ancestors who were confederate soldiers. I used to idealize the whole lost cause thing too. But when you defend a nation who's entire purpose was to make sure slavery continued to exist, you defend slavery. And I think we can all agree treating humans like chattel is wrong. That being said the black people in this country need to get over it. Every race of people on earth was enslaved at one point.

Here's Mississippi's declaration of secession

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:32:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

By reading a book? It is kinda of perplexing that there are monuments and memorials honoring people that killed American soldiers and other Americans in the United States. And, if they had won that war, the United States would of completely changed. Additionally, world history would of changed.

As somebody pointed out, you don't see Loyalists memorials in the United States even though most of them stay in the United States. However, you see a lot of Confederate memorials. Why is that? You should be asking that question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a bunch or arse.

How are you supposed to learn and reflect on history if you try to remove it?

By reading a book? It is kinda of perplexing that there are monuments and memorials honoring people that killed American soldiers and other Americans in the United States. And, if they had won that war, the United States would of completely changed. Additionally, world history would of changed.

As somebody pointed out, you don't see Loyalists memorials in the United States even though most of them stay in the United States. However, you see a lot of Confederate memorials. Why is that? You should be asking that question.

Because the loyalists were hated by most of the population, and the confederates were loved by the majority of the population?

Now there is a significant, if not majority, that hates confederates and wants to erase them from the present culture.

Move the statues to suburbia. I'm not penetrating central Richmond again to go to the museum of the confederacy and the White House of the confederacy again. Oh, and move that liberty bell to the airport please.

Make tourist destinations more accessible. Or I'll riot.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Because the loyalists were hated by most of the population, and the confederates were loved by the majority of the population?
View Quote

That would be a vast mis-representation of the mood of the colonies in the days and months leading up to the war and during the war itself.
Sentiment was split into thirds.
Active support for the revolution was even smaller.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Like I said, I get it. My whole family on my dads side came out of Louisiana and Arkansas. I have ancestors who were confederate soldiers. I used to idealize the whole lost cause thing too. But when you defend a nation who's entire purpose was to make sure slavery continued to exist, you defend slavery. And I think we can all agree treating humans like chattel is wrong. That being said the black people in this country need to get over it. Every race of people on earth was enslaved at one point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do realize that good Americans fought on both sides in the war and deserve respect and remembrance.

I get it. I went through several years where I was a big believer in the lost cause of the south and all that it entails. Then I actually read the founding documents of the confederacy and there's no way I'd still support it.
I don't know any other country that memorializes the losing side of their civil wars, we don't have monuments to the Loyalists of the Revolutionary War, and for good reason.

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove

States rights is the issue at the heart of the ACW along with northern states using the force of an ever growing federal government to punish the south.

Slavery was only one of many issues leading up to the ACW.

But if you choose to believe revisionist history that's you.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Next movement............the 'tards will try and ban Southern accents.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
Southerners cling to guns and God therefore we must destroy them.

First tactic is to attacks the culture and anyone who defends it is a racist.

These people know what they are doing. Social engineering is a science and they have it down to a fine art.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

These people know what they are doing. Social engineering is a science and they have it down to a fine art.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well no shit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#11]
After they are done with the Southerners, Hillary will nominate judges who believe the phrase "live and let live" is illegal hate speech.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#12]
They can donate the monument to me, I'll put it in my front yard. They get rid of it, don't have to clean or store it, and the wannabe African at the university won't have to see it anymore. Everyone is happy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

After they are done with the Southerners, Hillary will nominate judges who believe the phrase "live and let live" is illegal hate speech.
View Quote
The word southerner will be outlawed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#14]
This pisses me off, and I am an 11th generation Yankee.

Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They can donate the monument to me, I'll put it in my front yard. They get rid of it, don't have to clean or store it, and the wannabe African at the university won't have to see it anymore. Everyone is happy.
View Quote

+5 if you live across the street from the college.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

They can start with my neighbor from NJ and his fake one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
You don't think we should have Vietnam memorials?

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Kentucky is starting to go liberal....

Yet knob creek is in Louisville metro.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Rewriting history 1 step at a time . This really shows tolerance
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Now a monument that celebrates the homosexual or transgender lifestyle can be put up.
View Quote

Give it a few more decades....
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Same thing ISIS does.
View Quote

Kind of like dear leader removing the bust of Churchill from the White House.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now a monument that celebrates the homosexual or transgender lifestyle can be put up.

Months ...... not decades.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What a surprise to find you in this thread defending this shit......  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disgusting.

That it was put up in the first place.

Don't worry, they are just moving it. There are still FIFTY FIVE other Confederate Monuments in Kentucky alone to visit. And only FIVE union monuments, dispute Kentucky producing 25,000 more UNION soldiers than CONFEDERATES.

I guess I have to hand it to them, they sure knew how to spin post war PR. Basically any area where a Confederate took a shit whether in 1865 or 80 years later in life, they put up a monument.

Are you another one of those infatuated with dead traitors?

If so are you going to defend the fact that for every 1 Union monument, there are 11 Confederate ones in Kentucky? Is 56 Confederate monuments enough, too many, or not enough for Kentucky? Is every monument ever erected worthy of remaining 150+ years after the fact? When will it be ok to say, "Eh, this is no longer relevant?" 200 years? 300?

I wonder how many monuments we have to British Soldiers from the Revolutionary war are on US soil. I am guessing a few. Any for the Viet-Cong? The Nazis? The Japanese? Maybe I am wrong and we need MORE monuments to honor America's dead enemies. Maybe as a warning?

Do you want to explain and defend your position on Confederate monuments, or just complain that I hurt your feewings.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If so are you going to defend the fact that for every 1 Union monument, there are 11 Confederate ones in Kentucky? Is 56 Confederate monuments enough, too many, or not enough for Kentucky? Is every monument ever erected worthy of remaining 150+ years after the fact? When will it be ok to say, "Eh, this is no longer relevant?" 200 years? 300?

I wonder how many monuments we have to British Soldiers from the Revolutionary war are on US soil. I am guessing a few. Any for the Viet-Cong? The Nazis? The Japanese? Maybe I am wrong and we need MORE monuments to honor America's dead enemies. Maybe as a warning?

Do you want to explain and defend your position on Confederate monuments, or just complain that I hurt your feewings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disgusting.

Don't worry, they are just moving it. There are still FIFTY FIVE other Confederate Monuments in Kentucky alone to visit. And only FIVE union monuments, dispute Kentucky producing 25,000 more UNION soldiers than CONFEDERATES.

I guess I have to hand it to them, they sure knew how to spin post war PR. Basically any area where a Confederate took a shit whether in 1865 or 80 years later in life, they put up a monument.

You get the award for the most ignorant post of the week!

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's our history, like it or not. Germans haven't been able to whitewash Hitler from their history, have they? Leave shit alone, it's not physically hurting anyone.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

AKA, how the white man kept the black man down and stole all his ideas.

LC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like most of academia, liberal indoctrination.

AKA, how the white man kept the black man down and stole all his ideas.

LC

Mad at Timberlake, are ya ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
States rights is the issue at the heart of the ACW along with northern states using the force of an ever growing federal government to punish the south.

Slavery was only one of many issues leading up to the ACW.

But if you choose to believe revisionist history that's you.

View Quote

I'm curious what state rights you think southerners seceded to protect.  And in what ways did northerners use the federal government to punish the South?

Slavery wasn't just an issue that contributed to the Civil War.  The institution was the defining feature of the sectional conflict and the reason there was a "South" (as a distinctive cultural, political, and social entity).
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Rewriting history 1 step at a time . This really shows tolerance
View Quote

How is moving a memorial rewriting history?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

How to he a black racist.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's because they are not our countrymen.  The fact you can't see that doesn't speak well for your thought process.

LC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it. I went through several years where I was a big believer in the lost cause of the south and all that it entails. Then I actually read the founding documents of the confederacy and there's no way still support it.

That's because they are not our countrymen.  The fact you can't see that doesn't speak well for your thought process.

LC

Like a BOSS!!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What a bunch or arse.

How are you supposed to learn and reflect on history if you try to remove it?

View Quote

This. The same reason they left concentration camps in Europe.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Cooking?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cooking?

Wings?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disgusting.

Nah, I am going with CVN-76's response to a quote from Mississippi's declaration of secession for that "honor".  A link to the source material was even included.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Piss on them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, since one group is screaming to have these monuments removed, can we next have statues of communists/socialists and those that associated and worked with them removed?  I imagine it's only a matter of time before Confederate monuments at museums and cemeteries are targeted for removal.......
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#37]

What does a professor of pan african studies teach
How to be a black racist.
And spread socialist white guilt......
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Hopefully it ends up on private property somewhere
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent point.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disgusting.

How so? Please elaborate.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Whitewash??

View Quote

more probable, blackwash...
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed. And it's about time we removed the Vietnam memorial from DC! Also, Iraq isn't looking too good, screw those Americans who sacrificed and lost their lives.

I get people who disagree with the confederate flag, though I may disagree with them on some/most points. But this is a monument to the soldiers!
Least we forget why all those Americans died

In the end, it will come down, and this professor of made up and worthless studies will find some other problem with the us.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#44]
They have been protesting this statue since it was put up. I went to school there in the late 80s and it was a couple of time a year thing.

Couple of times a year some group would lead a march from the quad to that statue and march around until no one paid attention anymore. It will be a missed part of the UofL experience.

On a side note it is not being removed because it's racist, it's being removed to make way for a turning lane. Well actually now a judge has stopped the construction while everyone acts like its about the subject matter of the statue, instead of it actually being a traffic issue.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#45]
This is what happens when morons are told that their opinions matter.

Monuments should stand for eternity (if possible), and status as victor or loser is irrelevant. Unfortunately emotion tends to override logic these days. I imagine that at least half of GD would agree that it'd be stupid to remove the monument at Thermopylae or the Senate house (or any other number of monuments) in Rome.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top