Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet. I've never found a firearm deal like that. I paid 300 for a 91/59 and an excellent condition Hungarian M44. I thought that was a good deal. Still waiting to come across something like yours! Also, jealous that its a T38. Haven't come across any Arisakas in good enough condition for me to want to own.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They're too busy working 60 hour weeks in middle management trying to hit their sales figures for their division on the other side of the Pacific, making payments on their overpriced house, and keeping up with The Walking Dead to give a damn about things like their father's stupid worn-out mementos.  They have Social Security and Medicare to worry about in a few years, they don't have time for antiques.  There's pointless jobs to slave away at worthless shit to buy at Wal-Mart and minutes of their life to waste that they can't get back but weren't going to do anything useful with in the first place.  They have an existence to justify to a system that only wants them to convert energy into labor and doesn't actually care about their existence.

History, honor, valor, and remembrance aren't profitable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's beyond an incredible find.

How could the owners have not wanted to keep the rifle, wow

They're too busy working 60 hour weeks in middle management trying to hit their sales figures for their division on the other side of the Pacific, making payments on their overpriced house, and keeping up with The Walking Dead to give a damn about things like their father's stupid worn-out mementos.  They have Social Security and Medicare to worry about in a few years, they don't have time for antiques.  There's pointless jobs to slave away at worthless shit to buy at Wal-Mart and minutes of their life to waste that they can't get back but weren't going to do anything useful with in the first place.  They have an existence to justify to a system that only wants them to convert energy into labor and doesn't actually care about their existence.

Theres your absolute dose of the truth for the day!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's beyond an incredible find.

How could the owners have not wanted to keep the rifle, wow

Or, it could be as simple as the owner just wanted them gone. Remember these are NoVA peeps that are mostly Yankee transplants so their mind-set is a lot different from normal Virginians.

There could be 87 reasons why he wanted them gone but it's not my job to delve into a seller's reason for selling them....Don't care.

Hell maybe his dad beat his mom or some such, you just don't know why folks sell things.  

I remember the guy that gave me two bring-back SKSs (long before they were imported) saying he just wanted them out of the house "because the childrenz".

Better that emotional tripe be saved for another type of thread because what it has to do with yard sales is beyond me.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Hang out in a pawn shop for an hour, there are a lot of people that will take $50 for any gun
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top