Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some people have jobs that can not be automated or shipped overseas. If you have one that does, it's the chance you take. Or you could just sit around and blame capitalism for not getting paid the $20 hour you think you are worth.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wait until it's your job.

Some people have jobs that can not be automated or shipped overseas. If you have one that does, it's the chance you take. Or you could just sit around and blame capitalism for not getting paid the $20 hour you think you are worth.

Those people will then be paying the taxes to provide a minimum standard of living for those whose jobs got automated or shipped overseas.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Didn't Trump say he was bringing that wage back to the US? At least that's what came to my mind when he said he could build iphones here cheaper.
View Quote

No, he said he's going to tax the shit out of corporate inversions so they don't all pull this shit (& he's been banging on Carrier since the first day they announced the move - long before Cruz jumped on the bandwagon yesterday).
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There shouldnt be any minimum wage.  If the market commands a certain hourly wage then it's capitalism.  Look at singapore - they dont have a minmum wage.  All their service sector McJobs consist of elderly and teens.  Able bodied adults have to work on their skills and get a job that supports their families.  None of this lazy FSA work 20 hours a week and get gov aid BS
View Quote

If there is a minimum wage, then there shouldn't be any sort of public assistance.
You don't work, you don't eat.

Since we can't get rid of it now, we should tie both of them together - you want to increase it to $15, then all forms of welfare go away on the same day it takes effect.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Who is running carrier?!?  That statement basically blames the workforce they are firing for making them leave America.  And, it's a simpleton's view of international economics.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not sure where the truth begins in this matter, but if you read down into the article, Carrier's spokesperson claims they never made such an offer. According to Carrier, the only mention of the wage comparison was meant to demonstrate to the union that there was no concessions they could possibly make that would alter Carrier's intention to relocate -- it's been resolved.

No, I'm not taking Carrier's side, or saying either party is right or wrong here.

Is Carrier being puron on their commitment?

View Quote

This is how unions & the media twist things.

They probably said something along the lines of the $5.65 being what it costs them in Mexico.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, he said he's going to tax the shit out of corporate inversions so they don't all pull this shit (& he's been banging on Carrier since the first day they announced the move - long before Cruz jumped on the bandwagon yesterday).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't Trump say he was bringing that wage back to the US? At least that's what came to my mind when he said he could build iphones here cheaper.

Useful idiots

Nevermind the fact it's the UNION who made up that quote...

Also ironic trump has all his products manufactured in other countries while wanting to force other companies to bring jobs back over here...

That dumb-fuck should lead by example.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who is running carrier?!?  That statement basically blames the workforce they are firing for making them leave America.  And, it's a simpleton's view of international economics.
View Quote

The union made that statement..NOT carrier...
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Perhaps their business model has become shitty due to government's over regulation of everything.  I wonder what payroll taxes the company pays for their $23/hour workers....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the only way your company can remain profitable is to pay your workers $5.85/hr, then maybe it's time to reexamine your shitty business model.

Perhaps their business model has become shitty due to government's over regulation of everything.  I wonder what payroll taxes the company pays for their $23/hour workers....

Easily double or triple that when you add in unemployment insurance & workers comp.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:41:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a fan of the free market as much as the next guy, but what happens when there are no more people left gainfully employed to buy your shitty imported junk?

This seems like the old virus/host dilemma. If you kill the host, it won't matter how cheaply you can manufacture things.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#10]
This is why the citizens of this nation must tell the politcal scumbags and Corp America to go fuck themselves when theses companies come with hat in hand
asking for tax abatements and credits to stay in this town, county, city. They milk every bit of it and when there is nothing else to milk they shit on the very
people and places that gave them these advantages.

Does anyone think that they will reduce their prices to reflect this new lower wage, not a chance, just more profits for excutives and shareholders.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yep, pretty much this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have useful skills and keep obtaining lifelong education/skills and you will find another. Just coast through life without continuing education/skill building and you have no one to blame but yourself.

Yep, pretty much this.

There are engineers in the Philippines  (my fiance is one of them) who make less than $10 a day.

If this shit continues... even Engineers will be priced out in favor of foreign trained engineers.

So... Im sorry.... getting an education is no guarantee your job wont outsourced.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Useful idiots

Also ironic trump has all his products manufactured in other countries while wanting to force other companies to bring jobs back over here...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Useful idiots

Don't worry, It's one BS promise he will never keep. Those jobs are gone, United Technologies is about money, Trump is too as long as he's not airport hopping giving speeches.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#13]
As a member of a union I am now in here just to bask in the union hate.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]
This is what happens when liberal policies (caused by democrats and republicans alike) result in anti-business and wealth policies AND union nonsense.  Bye bye business either through closing down or relocating.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There are engineers in the Philippines  (my fiance is one of them) who make less than $10 a day.    

If this shit continues... even Engineers will be priced out in favor of foreign trained engineers.

So... Im sorry.... getting an education is no guarantee your job wont outsourced.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have useful skills and keep obtaining lifelong education/skills and you will find another. Just coast through life without continuing education/skill building and you have no one to blame but yourself.

Yep, pretty much this.

Or they can bring them in on H1 Visas and make American engineers train their own replacements...who then go back to the Philippines and then close down the Corp's US facilities and just maintain a US HQ for purposes of access to US IM EM Bank and off shore their income.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Don't worry, It's one BS promise he will never keep. Those jobs are gone, United Technologies is about money, Trump is too as long as he's not airport hopping giving speeches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Useful idiots

Ted Cruz could not even be bothered to give a shit until Trump had been beating on the subject for months.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
too late

Should have been equal tariffs from the start.

No one put America first,and now the chickens have come home to roost.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If the only way your company can remain profitable is to pay your workers $5.85/hr, then maybe it's time to reexamine your shitty business model.
Free Trade bro.... we should in no way prevent China from exporting their slave wage built shit boxes to the US.

Bring back tariffs.

too late

Should have been equal tariffs from the start.

No one put America first,and now the chickens have come home to roost.

Yup.... we are fucked.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So building A/C units is the same or easier than flipping burger? Got it.
View Quote

Yea, actually. It is.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We aren't talking socks and underwear.
These are air conditioners, refer units for trailers, is there even a Chinese competitor shipping units stateside?

Where are others in this industry built?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Competing against Chicom imports and Americans who want cheap shit.  Maybe it's time Americans reexamine how we spend our  money.

We aren't talking socks and underwear.
These are air conditioners, refer units for trailers, is there even a Chinese competitor shipping units stateside?

Where are others in this industry built?

Haier is a chicom company. They build refrigerators in SC.  They build more than the original rest combined.  

I think the compressors come from China.  

Odd that they make a profit with USA wages and Carrier can't.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't buy anything they built after Feb 10, 2016, there may be some defects not good for your house.

Just sayin'
View Quote

So you are saying you and your Union "brothers" sabotaged product huh?
Good plant move Carrier.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#22]
What? The retards in GD, can figure out how to blame this one on union greed?  I though it's the unions fault was as  go to as fbho.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Now that's what you call negotiating from a position of strength!  Carrier holds all the cards on this deal.
View Quote

Not at all.

'The people' hold all of the cards, as they always do.

This Carrier story has made international headlines.  People will stop buying their products.  People stop buying their products, they lose money.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Competing against Chicom imports and Americans who want cheap shit.  Maybe it's time Americans reexamine how we spend our  money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention the fucking companies get from the government due to taxes and regulations.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#26]
My brothers and I all worked (For YEARS!) at the CAT' Attachments factory in Dallas

Oregon.

We made shit that "Attached" to CAT' Prime Movers.

We went to "All Staff" meetings every 3 months.  Most of us made close to $20/hr.  We

got (CASH) Profit-Sharing 4 times a year (Around $2500 before taxes).

Every time we went to one of those meetings we had to listen to our coworkers bitch

about how they were getting "Fucked, with no reach around"...lol

I enjoyed telling them that THAT (Being Sodomised) would happen to ME ONCE and that I

would find other employment.  THOSE fuckers seemed to enjoy it though.  They showed up everyday

for more of the same.

Faggot's
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How many of you remember the 92 debates between Perot and Gore??

Gore was saying NAFTA would bring the worlds wages up to our level, while Perot was saying they would bring ours down, along with the giant sucking sound of jobs leaving the country.

"No one could have seen this coming"

View Quote

Just like Chinese government officials saying "Americans need to start living with less" about 8 years ago when talk about China under pricing us was just starting in the first big wave of outsourcing US jobs.

Ross was way ahead of the pack when it came to seeing the ramifications of globalist trade policy that Trump is decrying today.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Good plant move Carrier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't buy anything they built after Feb 10, 2016, there may be some defects not good for your house.

Just sayin'

Good plant move Carrier.

I assume, they made them the same way as before Feb 10, with a little bit of distraction and less attention to details as the mental stress was applied by the management.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Wtf we should force them to come back
View Quote

LOL, Lying Corrupt Trump is that you?

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm not weird, I'm not angry, I own a business that employs people.  My lowest paid employee makes over $30k a year.

I still believe that $5.85 is a perfectly fine wage.

Explain to me why it's not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In before weird angry arfcom guys say that $5.85 is a perfectly fine wage.

I'm not weird, I'm not angry, I own a business that employs people.  My lowest paid employee makes over $30k a year.

$5.85/hour is for young people living with mom or dad, or old people who supplement that with retirement.

That's about $936 a MONTH for 40 hours a week.

It's not a wage that someone between the ages of 20 and 60 could live off of - but if you're in that situation you've either got zero skills or an asshole of a boss.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What fucking retard would even suggest something so fucking stupid?
It's honestly just a fuck you to all of the people they will be firing.
View Quote

That's exactly what it was meant to be.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

Have you figured out that Trump is full of shit yet?

This thread is comedy gold.  So many people who don't know a damn thing about business and have never had to compete against China.  It's no wonder our country is going to shit, with so few people actually running businesses and understanding how it works.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Atleast move to a free slave state and keep the jobs in the states.
View Quote

There. FIFY.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
$5.85/hour is for young people living with mom or dad, or old people who supplement that with retirement.

It's not a wage that someone between the ages of 20 and 60 could live off of - but if you're in that situation you've either got zero skills or an asshole of a boss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Entry level McDonalds jobs for teenagers are one thing, but if you want to keep a steady and reliable workforce, it won't happen on wages like that, and then we ALL end up subsidizing them with tax dollars via welfare. I don't know why that is so hard for people to understand.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't. Management NEEDS dem bonuses!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Good plant move Carrier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'

Good plant move Carrier.

Ask the British Army about the SA80/L85 rifles...the rifle that the Arsenal built when all the engineers and employees knew was going to be the last built at the Arsenal and all were going to be made redundant.

Quality seems to drop off once the bosses say, "fuck you we are going to fire all of you....but back to work for the next few months until we can hire some Mexicans to replace you. OR Fuck you, we are going to fire all of you fucker when we run out of parts and springs.... now make sure that rifle is a quality piece."
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Even a yuuuuge tariff might not split the difference on that wage gap.

lol
View Quote

Not being able to use those ratty kamikaze Mexican trucking companies probably would, though....
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Looks like the union is just trying to cause problems...

lol...Fuck unions..you get what you deserve.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"We are disappointed the union has apparently chosen to negotiate through the media, rather than engage in productive discussions with us. The company never suggested our employees should work for $5.85. The union was told that to achieve the $65 million in annual savings resulting from the relocation, the average hourly wage rate would need to be $5.85 per hour. That is not possible and shows why the company believes the union cannot offer concessions sufficient to change the company's intent to relocate. That’s why it’s time for the union to return to the table to talk about what’s important now, reaching an agreement that provides clarity and certainty for our employees during the transition."

Fuck corporations and fuck the losers who suck 'em off. Capitalism. It either works both ways, or it isn't capitalism.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I can imagine the labor that will work for $5.85 an hour.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call 6 Investigates found out that during those talks Carrier apparently told the union they could possibly stay if the workers agreed to cut their pay from about $23 an hour to $5.85 an hour.
Carrier is supposed to save about $65 million a year when it moves to Mexico in 2017.  

In Mexico they will be fighting for applications to get a $5.85/hour job.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fuck corporations and fuck the losers who suck 'em off. Capitalism. It either works both ways, or it isn't capitalism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"We are disappointed the union has apparently chosen to negotiate through the media, rather than engage in productive discussions with us. The company never suggested our employees should work for $5.85. The union was told that to achieve the $65 million in annual savings resulting from the relocation, the average hourly wage rate would need to be $5.85 per hour. That is not possible and shows why the company believes the union cannot offer concessions sufficient to change the company's intent to relocate. That’s why it’s time for the union to return to the table to talk about what’s important now, reaching an agreement that provides clarity and certainty for our employees during the transition."

I have a lot of hate for unions...but a deal is only a deal as long as both side benefits. Capitalism can not just work for the corporations and the people who run them, it also has to work for the consumer and the middle class workers. Theory of free trade is great, the reality is we do not actually have anything like free trade.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call 6 Investigates found out that during those talks Carrier apparently told the union they could possibly stay if the workers agreed to cut their pay from about $23 an hour to $5.85 an hour.
Carrier is supposed to save about $65 million a year when it moves to Mexico in 2017.

Perhaps they'll be more productive?  Grateful they have a job.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what about our societal issues when it comes to employing the underclass? We have a number of folks with blemishes in their pasts that are turned down for higher employment because they fucked up in their youth.

What about the fact, that with a combination of free trade and exporting of jobs, there will be nothing in the US to buy those goods.

Everyone talks smack about unions but they formed for a reason. Businesses ran entire towns and kept people as indentured servants. They didn't in anyway provide for employee safety because it cut into their profits. Remember that.....  For God's sake, you had Businesses at the turn of the 20th century mow down workers with MGs and the States supported it with the NG and State Police dojng the same.

The issue is multifaceted. Unions are greedy, but so are businesses. Then top that all off with a Government that sets it up to where it is easier for a foreign business to compete in our shores than make it to where we can compete in their shores.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you do something that someone else will do for $5.85/hr, it's also time to examine yours.  The writing is on the wall.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, because the cost of living is many times cheaper. You can't survive on $5.85 an hour in the States, which means that we will be supporting that person with welfare. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of giving away over half of my income in taxes.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

This thread is comedy gold.  So many people who don't know a damn thing about business and have never had to compete against China.  It's no wonder our country is going to shit, with so few people actually running businesses and understanding how it works.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So then why allow China to compete on an "even" playing field with American companies? No other nation does that. They protect what is in their borders. China even fucking does it. But not the US.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is fine.

It's also fine to tell your employer to get fucked, and then go work somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like the rest of our low income society?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Ask the British Army about the SA80/L85 rifles...the rifle that the Arsenal built when all the engineers and employees knew was going to be the last built at the Arsenal and all were going to be made redundant.

Quality seems to drop off once the bosses say, "fuck you we are going to fire all of you....but back to work for the next few months until we can hire some Mexicans to replace you. OR Fuck you, we are going to fire all of you fucker when we run out of parts and springs.... now make sure that rifle is a quality piece."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sayin'

Good plant move Carrier.

Disney did that....

Fuck you, train your replacement or you won't get shit when you're let go.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top