BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would like to know what the average length of time is that your account stays active and how many previous accounts you had? You seem like a 13er,a 14er, a 15er and now look a 16er.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah yes,  The first sign of someone who lost, bringing up join date.
What's next, comment on my post count LOL  

I would like to know what the average length of time is that your account stays active and how many previous accounts you had? You seem like a 13er,a 14er, a 15er and now look a 16er.  

All rolled into one!  Oh, the huge manitee!  
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Freudian slip?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many of you remember the craziness on AIM's site when it got overloaded during the 2013 panic? Every time you refreshed the site it showed different customers information.

I remember it well.  Hell, maybe we should sue them like little booby is going to do!  Yeah that's it, cause "they didn't protect their customers!"   I want Bryan and Tuna's asses standing guard in my driveway, pronto, in case the big bad internet boogeyman decides to do some big bad internet boogeyman stuff.  

Freudian slip?

I'd had a few beers...  
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Why do they need a picture ID for ammo purchases. Never understood why some companies need more info than the law requires.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't know why they store the images of your license(s).  If they absolutely must have them, why not check a box on their end in the database that you are valid once they receive the image, and then delete the image?

Fuck... Ass...
View Quote

THIS!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

you might want to log off for awhile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They fucked up and owned up to it. What more do you want?? I'm guessing you didn't do a lot of business with them. I've always had pleasant dealings with them and some of the best customer service I've ever had from any firearms related sponsor here.

Bob will not rest until there is blood.  BLOOOOOOOD!

I'll be honest the more people defend the more I will defame.  

If you don't like my opinion then STFU.

you might want to log off for awhile

You are right, I got caught up in the childish behavior last night, I should know better.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is a thread Bryan posted in about two years ago verifying they were sued and as a result require ID.

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=2&f=217&t=244904

we actually got sued for not verifying the age of a ammo customer a few years back, now we require it.

Have a good weekend
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Those two statements are seemingly at odds with each other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Letter came today.    Everything will be alright and AIM has always done me right, I'll order from them again when I have a need to get something.

Those two statements are seemingly at odds with each other.

Shit happens, the free security monitoring will alleviate potential problems with my card EVERYWHERE.  I'm satisfied, what would you have them do?  
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here is a thread Bryan posted in about two years ago verifying they were sued and as a result require ID.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

we actually got sued for not verifying the age of a ammo customer a few years back, now we require it.

Have a good weekend

I'd be interested to see some info on the lawsuit.  I was looking for something last night and all I found that was close was a 2006 thread from ARFCOM where it was a mix of people bitching about having to submit ID, people saying it was no big deal to submit ID and AIM employee Eric-AIM saying

We have to verify age (anything federal or state issued is fine) by law. We would never make up some story about needing your ID cause we were out of stock of an item. It would be much easier to just tell you it was out of stock.

I'm still on AIM's side, but this part seems off.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Guys posting that their license they used has since expired
You do know that your name, dob, and driver license number stays the same right
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't think I ever ordered ammo, just C&R stuff.

No letter yet.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'd be interested to see some info on the lawsuit.  I was looking for something last night and all I found that was close was a 2006 thread from ARFCOM where it was a mix of people bitching about having to submit ID, people saying it was no big deal to submit ID and AIM employee Eric-AIM saying

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have a good weekend

We have to verify age (anything federal or state issued is fine) by law. We would never make up some story about needing your ID cause we were out of stock of an item. It would be much easier to just tell you it was out of stock.

My guess is that was just a weird way of saying "we won't give you a BS or fraudulent reason of asking for a copy of your ID". I didn't open the thread and read the context it's just an initial impression.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#12]
"We greatly appreciate your business and deeply regret any inconvenience"  - Bryan Flannagan

Yes, Bryan.  Having my identity stolen is indeed, "inconvenient".  I hate "inconveniences" like these.  However, I see that your regrets run deep, so there's that...
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

that is a perfectly good response for this situation. fucked up, owned it and working to correct it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's more info from Bryan as posted in the industry thread.

that is a perfectly good response for this situation. fucked up, owned it and working to correct it.

I just went to AIM's website to check my account.  Do you think they have ANY reference to ANY of this issue ANYWHERE?  I see the credit card security icon, leading me to believe these guys are secure.

Prospective customers shouldn't know about this problem, huh?  I would want to know that they to do not keep their customer's information safe.

They want to continue to do business first and foremost.  The rest is CYA.  Anyone discounting the fucked-upedness of allowing customer info on a WEBSERVER has never had their ID stolen or a victim of fraud.  Talk to me when you have.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I just went to AIM's website to check my account.  Do you think they have ANY reference to ANY of this issue ANYWHERE?  I see the credit card security icon, leading me to believe these guys are secure.

Prospective customers shouldn't know about this problem, huh?  I would want to know that they to do not keep their customer's information safe.

They want to continue to do business first and foremost.  The rest is CYA.  Anyone discounting the fucked-upedness of allowing customer info on a WEBSERVER has never had their ID stolen or a victim of fraud.  Talk to me when you have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh FFS, calm down.  Somehow I envision you looking exactly like your avatar...
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

This right here.

Evidently everybody doesnt remember the suit over ID, I do and never had any heartburn about it. As TBS said, they found out, owned it, and went above and beyond to fix it- as Bryan et al have ALWAYS done in the past.

Friends are friends through thick and thin. They did the right thing, as they have for the Y E A R S Ive dealt with them on end. As Pontius Pilate said, I find no fault with him.

It is what it is, it happened, its over. A lot of places have my ID. The second they notify me the DD LPK is back in stock, Ill be ordering one from them.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it was such a great response that Bryan went back and deleted it.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This right here.

Evidently everybody doesnt remember the suit over ID, I do and never had any heartburn about it. As TBS said, they found out, owned it, and went above and beyond to fix it- as Bryan et al have ALWAYS done in the past.

Friends are friends through thick and thin. They did the right thing, as they have for the Y E A R S Ive dealt with them on end. As Pontius Pilate said, I find no fault with him.

It is what it is, it happened, its over. A lot of places have my ID. The second they notify me the DD LPK is back in stock, Ill be ordering one from them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This right here.

The thing is, as another poster who appears to be in the IT field above said, it's really not over for those who were compromised.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Everybody relax!

One day after most got their mailings informing us of the breach, CavVet has declared the issue "over".

After all, Bryan wrote some stuff, then deleted it, so there is nothing more to say really.  Moderator, please close this thread.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put the pitchfork away, there's a reason for that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what's the reason?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#23]
It was more than just the photo upload that got hacked.

I just remembered when I bought ammo from them I didn't upload an ID. They emailed me a request for an ID and I emailed one back. So they either uploaded to whatever folder hey we're storing them in or more was compromised.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Everybody relax!

One day after most got their mailings informing us of the breach, CavVet has declared the issue "over".

After all, Bryan wrote some stuff, then deleted it, so there is nothing more to say really.  Moderator, please close this thread.
View Quote

AIM is working on it.  Bryan responded.  Put another tampon in to stop the bleeding and let AIM and their hired security professionals continue working.  There have been more secure networks than AIM attacked.  It happens this day and age.  It sucks, but it happens.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Got a letter from AIM yesterday.

I'll still do business with them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So what's the reason?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what's the reason?

Stand by, I'm not going to speak for him.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

So what's the reason?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So what's the reason?

The reason is you are being a........

Watch this.......
Click.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#28]
This thread is tucking pathetic!

Gun owners so fucking eager to string up a great pro 2nd business and major site sponsor.
Yeah, they fucked up.
For fuck sake, there are poster talking about class action lawsuits!

It's shameful being a gun owner and being associated with some of you people.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wait, what? You're being reasonable and rational in a hate thread?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't hate them, I am just a bit mad at the moment.  That's understandable, I think.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They fucked up, no doubt about that.
But they are a good company and an awesome presence on this board.

I think I'll order some magazines from them this week to let them I still support them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not quite.  A perfect response would be started like :" I'm Sorry".

His statement more than likely was written by a lawyer, which the #1. rule in the business never admit guilt.

Man up, and people will give over it, some sooner, some later.

People whom will sue your ass, the will sue no matter what.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Meh. A lot bigger companies and various parts of your government have been hacked. This doesn't make AIM evil or careless. My credit is already locked down and yours should be to if you use a credit or god forbid a debit card online or in stores. I've been in the Home Depot hack, the Target hack,  others I can't remember and a couple years ago someone got everything, all the CC info including the security number and ALL my personal info, and applied for credit cards in my name to be sent to them. Luckily they were rejected because they tried to change my address on the apps. I got the rejections and a pair of little pink panties from Victoria's Secret that got sent to me when the address didn't change.

That last one was a LOT of fun. Getting a police report and sending copies of it and forms to all the credit reporting agencies.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It is. I'm pretty pissed-off myself.

But considering a class action lawsuit is a default-reaction of an Obama voter.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't hate them, I am just a bit mad at the moment.  That's understandable, I think.
It is. I'm pretty pissed-off myself.

But considering a class action lawsuit is a default-reaction of an Obama voter.  

Who said anything about a class action lawsuit?  I didn't.

Wilson, you need to be a bit more careful in who you accuse or imply of saying shit like that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It is. And I'm pretty pissed-off myself.

But considering a class action lawsuit is the default reaction   of an Obama voter.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is. And I'm pretty pissed-off myself.

But considering a class action lawsuit is the default reaction   of an Obama voter.  

Did you happen to catch who first posted about lawsuits?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

They could've deleted it once age was confirmed or they could've kept the information off-line

Those are two secure options
View Quote
what print it on paper and have someone pull your file when YOU want to buy something? are you nuts or just play the part of a mental patient in a made for TV soap opera.

nothing on a computer is safe, nothing.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Bryan

I sent an email yesterday to AIM CS.  I haven't ordered from you guys for a while and I moved last year but never updated my address.

I provided my email address and last order number.  

I don't remember if I have uploaded my ID and would like to know for sure.

Do you think I need to call tomorrow?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

are you mad at IRS? they lost 100's of thousands of tax payers data to hackers and did not even send you a love letter did they?

from CNN news site in 2014

Hackers have exposed the personal information of 110 million Americans -- roughly half of the nation's adults -- in the last 12 months alone.

That massive number, tallied for CNNMoney by Ponemon Institute researchers, is made even more mind-boggling by the amount of hacked accounts: up to 432 million.

The exact number of exposed accounts is hard to pin down, because some companies -- such as AOL (AOL) and eBay (EBAY) -- aren't fully transparent about the details of their cyber breaches. But that's the best estimate available with the data tracked by the Identity Theft Resource Center and CNNMoney's own review of corporate disclosures.

The damage is real. Each record typically includes personal information, such as your name, debit or credit card, email, phone number, birthday, password, security questions and physical address.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Don't think I ever ordered ammo, just C&R stuff.

No letter yet.
View Quote

I bought some GEMTECH sub-sonic .22 LR from them recently.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#44]
If they agree to sell me SA Battlepacks at $30 Per again, I'll cut them some slack.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#47]
well shit on me, looks like I am part of this as well.

I do appreciate AIM owning up to the breach, informing customers so they can protect themselves, and offering a year of protection.

I wonder if I have to use this 1 year free now, or if I can wait till my free yr from opm, and my free yr from another source to expire 1st...

at this rate I'll have free ID protection and monitoring for life
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I do appreciate AIM owning up to the breach, informing customers so they can protect themselves, and offering a year of protection.

I wonder if I have to use this 1 year free now, or if I can wait till my free yr from opm, and my free yr from another source to expire 1st...

View Quote

ID protection/credit monitoring is like a bugler alarm (at best).  Just freeze your credit and lock the door.  The AIM breach is fairly insignificant compared to what's been lost in other breaches, which you may not even know included you.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

ID protection/credit monitoring is like a bugler alarm (at best).  Just freeze your credit and lock the door.  The AIM breach is fairly insignificant compared to what's been lost in other breaches, which you may not even know included you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't target have a huge breach earlier this year or last year.

Breaches of this nature are happening all the time any more. Sad times we live in.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top