Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it's funny that he's in NH and telling a hillbilly from Ohio who has been around all different sorts of OH and KY hillbillies his whole life, all about hillbillies, grow ops, revenge, feuds, etc.

Only in GD.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do you know? Are YOU involved in the investigation? How do you know what I know?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
According to GD, marajuana isn't dangerous so this massacre must have been an isolated incident.

Did the pot kill someone?

Statements like that are stupid.

How so? The familiy was balls deep into growing and selling and they were killed because of it. GD doesn't link violence to pot because its convenient.

You have zero evidence for that.

Because pot has about as much to do with violence as eating tofu.

The money can incite violence but there's no evidence of that, here.

How do you know? Are YOU involved in the investigation? How do you know what I know?

I'm fairly positive that you don't know shit.

Call it a hunch.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#3]
who likes fish sticks?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw on fb some page (independent journal review I think ) that said the attacks could have been motivated by jealousy of the one brother's suped up dragster....that was valued at $3000
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think it's funny that he's in NH and telling a hillbilly from Ohio who has been around all different sorts of OH and KY hillbillies his whole life, all about hillbillies, grow ops, revenge, feuds, etc.

Only in GD.
View Quote

No shit, lol.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
"Marijuana grow sites" could mean each family had a couple of plants for personal use.
Police should be releasing the pictures instead of keeping everything hidden.

This sounds like a case of "when assholes collide" - the "victims" fucked with a bigger group of assholes this time & paid the price for it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
who likes fish sticks?
View Quote

Hate 'em.

But, damn, I love me some quality fish and chips. Local place has huge fillets, awesome breading, crisp chips, and great slaw. All you can eat for 10 bucks if you print out the internet coupon.

Dammit. Now I'm hungry.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds like someone took the trash out...A long with anything that could produce more trash....
View Quote

Bad seed family meets end in organized killings?

Cops earning some overtime, or maybe they looked at the Rhoden family's impact on their community and took "To Protect and Serve"to heart?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How so? The familiy was balls deep into growing and selling and they were killed because of it. GD doesn't link violence to pot because its convenient.

Does your mommy know you're still on the computer?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hate 'em.

But, damn, I love me some quality fish and chips. Local place has huge fillets, awesome breading, crisp chips, and great slaw. All you can eat for 10 bucks if you print out the internet coupon.

Dammit. Now I'm hungry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
who likes fish sticks?

Hate 'em.

Dammit. Now I'm hungry.

You sure you don't like fish sticks all in your mouth?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
According to GD, marajuana isn't dangerous so this massacre must have been an isolated incident.
View Quote

Let me guess, we should ban guns to stop shootings too right?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Takes a special kind of fed up to wipe out nearly an entire family for payback.

That's not the kind of payback most people would ever think of let alone act on.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#14]
“When Chris and Frankie Rhoden showed up at a demolition derby rival’s home”

"…they also knocked out some of the teeth of her husband, Tommy Sr. At least he had false teeth. He was able to superglue them back in, Tommy’s son, Richard, told The Daily Beast.”

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Only in GD.
View Quote

"Hillbilly" is a state of mind as well as culture. I'm sure New Hampshire has their own special brand...
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They were eliminated because they were competing with other drug dealers. Try being less tarded unless your have your helmet on. Ask mom to cinch the strap for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL if it was over the drugs the houses would have been emptied, genius.

They were eliminated because they were competing with other drug dealers. Try being less tarded unless your have your helmet on. Ask mom to cinch the strap for you.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Violent thugs met a violent thug's end
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Only in GD.
View Quote

Only in GD would someone defend such white trash as the family has been found out to be.....You did not have to be a wizard to figure this one out.  

I hope the kids get placed with adoptive parents someplace where they will never have to see a tarp covered double-wide again.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Which one of these fine people in this pic is burkeva?

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#20]
#whitetrashlivesmatter
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"Marijuana grow sites" could mean each family had a couple of plants for personal use.

This sounds like a case of "when assholes collide" - the "victims" fucked with a bigger group of assholes this time & paid the price for it.
View Quote

Or, more resolute.

There are hillbillies/rednecks who will talk shit, slash your tires, kill your dog, maybe gang up and kick some ass, possibly drive by and shoot some windows out. Some have enough stupid/guts to burn down a house. Most of those are loudmouthed braggart blowhards.

Then, there's the type who don't talk much. They don't brag or run their mouth. They don't need to pump up if there's gonna be a scruff. And, they're the type to shoot you in your sleep and never need to say another word about it to anybody.

I've known plenty of the former. Just a couple of the latter. They're different.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#22]

I knew there was an inside joke in there but am not a SP watcher, even though it's funny as hell.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Only in GD would someone defend such white trash as the family has been found out to be.....You did not have to be a wizard to figure this one out.  

I hope the kids get placed with adoptive parents someplace where they will never have to see a tarp covered double-wide again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only in GD.

Lovely. We are blessed with selluc's logic where he sees defense when there is none.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sounds like they were an all-around shitty family and someone or some group of people finally had enough of them being toxic in the community.

This continues to be a very interesting story as more details come out.
View Quote

Reminds me of the Ken McElroy story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like they were an all-around shitty family and someone or some group of people finally had enough of them being toxic in the community.

This continues to be a very interesting story as more details come out.

I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't remember the guy's name.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

"Hillbilly" is a state of mind as well as culture. I'm sure New Hampshire has their own special brand...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only in GD.

They do.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Which one of these fine people in this pic is burkeva?

http://www.politusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/prohibitionist-no-compromise-downfall.jpg
View Quote

There... the one on the bottom... that's his mom.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Some people just need killin'. Too bad the victims of the fight attack didn't gave guns at that moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
. The brothers brought more than a dozen friends with them to confront Tommy Gorman Jr.

Chris, 16, and Frankie, 20, refused to leave even after winning what was apparently a one-sided fight,

Some people just need killin'. Too bad the victims of the fight attack didn't gave guns at that moment.

This. The chickenshits had to bring a dozen people to deal with two guys?  Sounds like they were a problem for everyone.

Problem solved.

TC
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Like I said. You chimps don't have a clue. Marajuana is as violent as any other drug.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Critical thinking skills elude you.   And yes, you're original statement is akin to the anti-gun crowd's view of legal gun ownership.  

Like I said. You chimps don't have a clue. Marajuana is as violent as any other drug.

Marijuana is exactly "as violent" as any other drug. That is to say that it is not "violent" at all in the absence of a legal regime creating a criminal market. When such a regime is in place it is "as violent" as any other drug, including alcohol.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#30]
You guys need to quit using that offensive term and start using "Appalachian Americans".
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Or, more resolute.

There are hillbillies/rednecks who will talk shit, slash your tires, kill your dog, maybe gang up and kick some ass, possibly drive by and shoot some windows out. Some have enough stupid/guts to burn down a house. Most of those are loudmouthed braggart blowhards.

Then, there's the type who don't talk much. They don't brag or run their mouth. They don't need to pump up if there's gonna be a scruff. And, they're the type to shoot you in your sleep and never need to say another word about it to anybody.

I've known plenty of the former. Just a couple of the latter. They're different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or, more resolute.

Back in 1975 in Harlan, KY a former co-worker had his house shot to shit because one of his sons was fucking some hollow-dwelling redneck's "thought to be" GF.....He had over 100 .30 cal entrance holes in his house/vehicles and daughter/wife was inside the home at the time. His player piano was hit several times and ruined.

They were of Cherokee decent and owned the local five and dime. Guess who helped "make things right" for them?   The fucking KKK!  

They rounded-up the teens involved and beat the living shit out of them and made it clear they would end-up in a burning car headed down the side of the mtn into the river if there was anymore such nonsense. They also made them pay for all the damage. I guess the KKK liked Indians....Go figure.

No cops involved.....Different times.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Or, more resolute.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or, more resolute.

Yup.  They're different alright.  Known a few of the quiet ones myself.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we are just making the connection that a long history of violent behavior is the main cause of this violent end. "Live by the sword and die by the sword", "violence begets violence" and all of that. You seem to think that their past history of attacking others is unconnected?

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

That fascinating, because nearly every murder around here (except the domestics, and most of them too) usually revolves around someone and their marijuana use/sale.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You guys need to quit using that offensive term and start using "Appalachian Americans".
View Quote

Like any other group, they run the gamut.

There's been entire books written on the subject, so there's no sense in me discussing the different sorts in any detail. There's some mighty fine folks I'd call hillbillies. There's some hillbillies who are as bad or worse than any ghetto thug.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think we are just making the connection that a long history of violent behavior is the main cause of this violent end. "Live by the sword and die by the sword", "violence begets violence" and all of that. You seem to think that their past history of attacking others is unconnected?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

C'mon man... it HAD to be the pot!!! You even Reefer Madness bro???
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Zero fucks given.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dope growers are not the mellow hippy types the looney libertarians would have you believe, is it???
View Quote

So, rum running mobsters during prohibition are equal to a guy cracking open a cold one at the end of the day, too?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That fascinating, because nearly every murder around here (except the domestics, and most of them too) usually revolves around someone and their marijuana use/sale.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, maybe

This, I don't believe.

There's a difference.

How many people were killed at Woodstock over pot usage? There were half a million. Surely if pot caused violence that place would have had at least a few murders. Same way guns cause violence, therefore gunshows are blood baths.

Hmm.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds logical to a white, middle class (if they exist anymore) or upper middle class worker/professional/business owner, holds a full time job and a family with all the responsibilities that go with that.  But taken out of that demographic and into the world that exists where you know to stay away from, it does happen.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Ok, forget the pot.

My speculation is that a few families got tired of their shit and 5 or so men got the jump on them and ended their shit. Feud, revenge, townsfolk tired of the rhodens.
If it was mexicans the babies would of died to.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Only in GD.
View Quote

Hey, now, we may be rednecks, but we are not hillbillies!    Our family trees fork, if only slightly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sounds logical to a white, middle class (if they exist anymore) or upper middle class worker/professional/business owner, holds a full time job and a family with all the responsibilities that go with that.  But taken out of that demographic and into the world that exists where you know to stay away from, it does happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You, as an LEO, may consider it minutia or all rolled into one but the only reason pot would be associated with violence is because of its legal status and subsequent ties to money.

I'm not entirely ignorant of the world of which you speak.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#44]
I grew up near a pig farm in Roane County, Tennessee in the late 70's, so I feel I have a decent handle on this topic.

Any person that says pot isn't a nexus for violence is disingenuous at best.

Users steal and rob to buy pot.

Users steal pot from other users.

Growers and sellers would most certainly dissuade you from interfering in their capitalism.

Just because some of you love the pot, and believe you're a productive member of society, doesn't mean that is true for the majority of pot users.

I can tell you for a fact growing up around it, and later as a lawman, more often than not, when I was dealing with criminal activity, pot had a role.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You, as an LEO, may consider it minutia or all rolled into one but the only reason pot would be associated with violence is because of its legal status and subsequent ties to money.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So, there's no correlation between pot use and juvenile delinquency?

This took a minute to google:

The British Journal of Psychiatry published a study in 2006 by some Dutch researchers, affiliated with the Trimbos Institute (Netherlands Institute of Mental Health and Addiction) in Utrecht. This study concluded that "[i]n a country with a liberal drug policy like The Netherlands, cannabis use is associated with aggression and delinquency, just as in other countries."
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Only in GD.
View Quote

I didn't spend my whole life in NH and I have kin in Greenville ,Tn and I have lived in KY. I've also have plenty of experience with disrupting grow ops. But I guess you know more than me. Give this a week to ten days for the full story to get out and then you can apologize.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I grew up near a pig farm in Roane County, Tennessee in the late 70's, so I feel I have a decent handle on this topic.

Any person that says pot isn't a nexus for violence is disingenuous at best.

Users steal and rob to buy pot.

Users steal pot from other users.

Growers and sellers would most certainly dissuade you from interfering in their capitalism.

Just because some of you love the pot, and believe you're a productive member of society, doesn't mean that is true for the majority of pot users.

I can tell you for a fact growing up around it, and later as a lawman, more often than not, when I was dealing with criminal activity, pot had a role.
View Quote

Fuck yeah! There are thirty million or so regular pot users in the US and they are shooting up the neighborhoods every fucking day!

Carnage in the streets everywhere.  Millions of dead per day and all of it is due to pot.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The British Journal of Psychiatry published a study in 2006 by some Dutch researchers, affiliated with the Trimbos Institute (Netherlands Institute of Mental Health and Addiction) in Utrecht. This study concluded that "[i]n a country with a liberal drug policy like The Netherlands, cannabis use is associated with aggression and delinquency, just as in other countries."

"Associated with" -- that means "directly caused by pot". It doesn't mean that people with one problem tend to have others. Right?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This, maybe

This, I don't believe.

There's a difference.

How many people were killed at Woodstock over pot usage? There were half a million. Surely if pot caused violence that place would have had at least a few murders. Same way guns cause violence, therefore gunshows are blood baths.

Hmm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, maybe

This, I don't believe.

There's a difference.

Hmm.

50,000 dead at Woodstock, according to GD.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I didn't spend my whole life in NH and I have kin in Greenville ,Tn and I have lived in KY. I've also have plenty of experience with disrupting grow ops. But I guess you know more than me. Give this a week to ten days for the full story to get out and then you can apologize.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only in GD.

If that's all you have done with pot, then it is a pretty sure bet.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top