Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
36, single, no kids. I don't regret being single. I do as I please. I'm not saying I will never get married and have kids, I just don't pursue it like some guys do. I have no problem being single but i never feel "alone". I have plenty of friends that are always down to hang out. I am welcome at most of my married friends homes to hang out pretty much any time. I'm just going to let marriage happen when it happens.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why in the fucking world would you have stayed with this lunatic all these years?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know what, let me unload my shit life on you OP.  When I first got married neither me nor my wife wanted kids.  And for about 5 years life was bliss.  We both worked, bought a house, 2 cars, went on trips and enjoyed each other.  Then my wife got depression and everyone she knew (except me) said she should have kids!  She decided she was getting off the pill and that was that.  So what does a guy do when his wife decides she wants a kid and he's got no real opinion of kids one way or the other.  We had a kid!  

Then wifey decided she needed to stop working because she wants to instill proper morals in our child.  Of course we had literally just bought a house and 2 cars.  But fuck it, right!  She just quit her job at 7 months pregnant.  Well bankruptcy was moving in fast and I, like the asshole I am, told her she needed to put that RN liscense of hers to good use.  So she took a part time job working 4 hours a week and making $10 an hour.  This wasn't enough so I took a night gig at the hardware store and frantically tried to pay off one of the cars.  Eventually I did and life seemed to return to normal until 3 years later she stopped taking the pill again and I got a really big surprise one night.  I'M PREGNANT!  

Then wifey goes fucking insane and starts threatening to bash our sons brains in on a daily basis and starts referring to him as her "enemy".  I get the luantic into counseling on the premise that he's diagnosing our son with a mental disorder.  She gets on meds and chills just in time for our 2nd kid to enter the human race.  Then she quits her job because 4 hrs a week is too much.  She spends the next few year's training our kids to yell "I hate you!" at me.  There's no joy in life like having your 5 year old tell you that he hates you and you don't really work because you just sit at a desk all day.

So here I am, my kids are now 9 and 13.  They don't talk to me - ever.  She tells them how worthless and lazy I am and they pass that on to me that every morning when I get up with them to make sure they eat breakfast, brush their teeth and drive them to school because mom is still in bed.

I'll trade lives any day.

Why in the fucking world would you have stayed with this lunatic all these years?

For the kids. Duh.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Marriage tip from what I have seen.

Marry a successful chick and you can be happy.  Marry a chick who sits on her ass at home all day and your married life will suck because she will make it so.  

This obviously doesn't apply to everyone.

I'm 39, retired from one career and doing very well in my second.  My wife is very successful in her career and life is great for us and our twin, 10 year old, sons.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
got married at 39, now 43 with an awesome 7 month baby girl
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is interesting how some of us think alike in so many ways. I was going to post nearly the exact same question.

I would rather have my finances in order before I start having kids, but I'm afraid the older I get the less likely I'll be able to find a suitable mate who was born female.
View Quote

My experience confirms that is a real possibility.

71, never married, no kids that I know of. I thought the responsible thing to do was wait until I had everything in order.

Trouble was, by the time I got to that point, all of the desirable potential mates were already married...
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am have a great wife and we get along great, but stay single. I am dad also having a kid is great, but once again not needed. I wouldn't trade for anything, but you can't miss something you never had.
View Quote

Not true.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn sinners, not procreating! Mental illness, blah, blah, blah.....

[/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I once thought as you did. Got married.

Never
Ever
Fuckin ever get married.  All those peoe telling you to stay single are not talking out their ass. Believe them.
View Quote

Or just don't marry a shitbag and be happy as hell.

I never planned to get married. Then I met the right gal and that changed it all. Being a husband to a good women and a father kicks ass.

Marry the right one and it'll be the best thing you've ever done.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've been single all my life, and have no kids.
Lately, I'm really starting to regret my decision as I'm getting to the point to where it is about too late.
I'm alone 100% of the time outside of work, which is mostly great, but I'm realizing as I get older that it may be a living hell in the future.
Having nothing or anybody to really work for, or come home to years on end gets kind of old.
View Quote

The grass is always greener on the other side.......enjoy being single, trust me
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Single and don't plan on getting married anytime soon.

May I direct you to the Safari threads in the outdoor forum???
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Single all my life & no kids.  Half of me loves it this way...and half of me wishes every day that I would have found someone out of HS to start a family with.

Hell, I'm to the point where I would love to adopt a kid in the near future....but they don't let single men adopt...
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't get married unless you plan on having kids.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I did talk to a lawyer friend about it in the past and he advised me to stay.  He knows the system here in lancaster PA and it is not good to men who leave.  She will get the house, her car, which I pay for, and half of everything, which im actually fin with.  But she'll also get alimony and since I  would most likely have to move into a cheap apartment she'd probably get the kids.  I'll take home half of my paycheck which would be enough to cover my bills and would lose access to her families farm, where I shoot.  He asked me, is it horrible enough to give her all the power over you, because she will drag you into court for everything, all the time and you will never be rid of her.  Unless you go to Saudi arabia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:So here I am, my kids are now 9 and 13.  They don't talk to me - ever.  She tells them how worthless and lazy I am and they pass that on to me that every morning when I get up with them to make sure they eat breakfast, brush their teeth and drive them to school because mom is still in bed.

So why the fuck are you still there? Just break bad and walk away from it all. Fuck them all.

I did talk to a lawyer friend about it in the past and he advised me to stay.  He knows the system here in lancaster PA and it is not good to men who leave.  She will get the house, her car, which I pay for, and half of everything, which im actually fin with.  But she'll also get alimony and since I  would most likely have to move into a cheap apartment she'd probably get the kids.  I'll take home half of my paycheck which would be enough to cover my bills and would lose access to her families farm, where I shoot.  He asked me, is it horrible enough to give her all the power over you, because she will drag you into court for everything, all the time and you will never be rid of her.  Unless you go to Saudi arabia.

Find a better lawyer.  I have been through divorce and a custody dispute very close to you and it turned out fine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Find a better lawyer.  I have been through divorce and a custody dispute very close to you and it turned out fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:So here I am, my kids are now 9 and 13.  They don't talk to me - ever.  She tells them how worthless and lazy I am and they pass that on to me that every morning when I get up with them to make sure they eat breakfast, brush their teeth and drive them to school because mom is still in bed.

So why the fuck are you still there? Just break bad and walk away from it all. Fuck them all.

Also, there is no alimony in PA.  She may get spousal support for a few years depending on how long you were married.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:39:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I used to think that way, now I'm married with five children.  I would not change a thing, I'm going to miss the kids when they finally leave.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Having kids was the best thing I ever did, and it is the thing I am most proud of. I started way late though. I have my second kid due in a few months and I am 42.

I wish I had started a family earlier in life, but looking back I was too reckless, impatient and immature to be a good parent when I was in my 20's and early 30's. It happened at the right time. Just wish I'd be around longer for my eventual grandkids.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I have been married for 27 years and I have 4 kids .......the youngest is a Sr. In HS.....so I guess I cannot relate at all. I Have not had a single moment by myself in 25 years. I am not complaining.....I have a great wife and kids......but it is completely bizarre for me to consider being alone.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Depends what you make of it...I know people married with kids that are fucking miserable.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Go get a dog.
View Quote

I got two (litter mates about 5 years old).  One turned out to have cancer and I'm always wiping his nose (esophageal fistula/hole in trachea that won't heal because of cancer)
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Some simple advice.  No matter what you choose to do, you'll regret it.
View Quote
I think this is very interesting and rings true for most people.

I had the perfect marriage and was doing pretty well in life. We decided it was time to have a kid. He's 2 months old and has a serious illness. It is putting a major strain on our marriage and my life. But we are tough and will get through it. He is worth it.

But the thought crosses my mind if I had known what it be like before we had him, I don't think I'd do it again. I know that's not really a healthy thought.

You can't dwell on the decisions you made in the past though. That is a terrible way to live your life. I've also learned to accept you have no control of your future for the most part. You can plan things the best you can but often things way beyond your power will crush your plans. So live in the present, make the best of the cards you're dealt, no ragrets.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm 29, single and I stay out of long term relationships. I love it. I've got my place, my dogs, my friends, my hobbies and my dating life. I do what I want all the time. I just booked a beach vacation for this summer, going with 3 other people. Life is great.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#22]
yeah, I'm late 30s and single. I was single  by choice most of my 20s and early 30s. Realizing now that doing that was a bad idea, but it's probably too late.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You raise a good point-being single makes me feel like the boy who never (had to) grow up. My life has been an endless procession of broken toys and motorcycles that invariably get cast aside. Being a parent teaches things like conflict resolution that would have been valuable to me in my working career. I feel like I am at a social disadvantage sometimes because I just can't identify with the parents in my family and social circle. Sometimes the guys are jealous, but they have no idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I couldn't imagine being single.  47 years old, wife is 47, kids are 18, 15 and 15.  Married for 24 years.  I get to sleep and snuggle with my best friend every night.  And she actually encourages me to go out and shoot, Appleseed and play golf with my friends.  She's a fantastic woman.

It's been a great ride.  Daughter is getting ready to head off to college in a few months.  I'm a better person because of them.  Being a parent gives you a very different perspective on most things.

I have a few friends the same age that are single/never married.  Seems like a lonely, pointless existence.  You can't take it with you, and who gets your stuff when you're gone?  My legacy will live on long after I'm gone, with my kids and (hopefully) grandkids.

You raise a good point-being single makes me feel like the boy who never (had to) grow up. My life has been an endless procession of broken toys and motorcycles that invariably get cast aside. Being a parent teaches things like conflict resolution that would have been valuable to me in my working career. I feel like I am at a social disadvantage sometimes because I just can't identify with the parents in my family and social circle. Sometimes the guys are jealous, but they have no idea.

Yeah.

I know how this feels.   Hell my current relationship is the longest I have ever had.   She has her own house and I have mine.    Havent discussed the whole "forever" thing in 9 months of being together.   Longest we are together is usually friday-sunday.   It is nice being together when we are together but when it comes to the work week I think we are both happy to have our space.

Two weeks together on vacation could be interesting.   We spent 4 days together during new years and it was actually a true vacation and relaxing, first time in years I can say that.   Have done the parents/families together at Thanks Giving and Christmas.    But concepts like marriage still scare the hell out of me.

I spent my entire life getting up to a point where I have pretty much everything I could want.   I need to continue to enjoy it a bit longer before throwing a bunch of change into the mix.

People talk about kids and I simply have zero point of reference.    I am the last of my line, i am okay with the family tree blinking out, dont think my parents like the thought but the future is too damn unknkown to risk it.    Safe bet, especially at my/her age, is to not have kids and just set ourselves up for a comfortable life.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I've been single all my life, and have no kids.

Lately, I'm really starting to regret my decision as I'm getting to the point to where it is about too late.

I'm alone 100% of the time outside of work, which is mostly great, but I'm realizing as I get older that it may be a living hell in the future.

Having nothing or anybody to really work for, or come home to years on end gets kind of old.
View Quote

I see your problem.

Don't go home and be alone every day after work.   Go out with friends, go out on a date, do something other than sitting home alone every day.

Maybe you'll meet the right girl and wind up with something to come home to, and if not you're still living an active life.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I have been married for 27 years and I have 4 kids .......the youngest is a Sr. In HS.....so I guess I cannot relate at all. I Have not had a single moment by myself in 25 years. I am not complaining.....I have a great wife and kids......but it is completely bizarre for me to consider being alone.
View Quote

Seeing how other people live is always interesting. I've regularly gone weeks at a time without talking to another human.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Nope.  Zero interest in getting married and having kids at this point in my life.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I enjoyed being single, and the chase is always a thrill, but when you stick your dick in crazy, you want someone sane.....  Being alone is fun at times, but as your friends get married, you have less people to hang out with that have the same intentions. So it all leads to a monogamous relationship with said sane girl. Which is nice, but like all relationships, not without headaches. But after a while, when you have all your finances in place, have done a good bit of the things you always wanted to do (travel, enjoy life, enjoy the finer things) it starts to get shallow, you can only spend so much money on yourself. After a while there's only so much clothes, cars, material things you can buy yourself. You spend just b/c you can. I didn't enjoy that any more.  We decided to have a child. And I kid you not, there's not a single day I look at my daughter and regret my decision. Gives us more meaning to life. You don't shower yourself with things anymore. Instead you give your child the best life you possibly can.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm 53 can't imagine life without my kids.

Sometimes I wish I could have more time alone but I prefer that to being lonely.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Some simple advice.  No matter what you choose to do, you'll regret it.
View Quote

I honestly think this is true.

Being single, I do sometimes wish I had a girlfriend. I don't know if I can ever make the commitment of marriage though, and I'm certainly not interested in having children.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#30]
My son is my life, my legacy and my chance to make a better person. That said, it has to be right. My wife and I waited until later in life (me at 40'and my wife at 37,) to have kids. It's work, sometimes it's hard but it is worth it.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:31:45 PM EDT
[#31]
No.  I've got 14 nieces and nephews.  If I want to be around kids, I hop on a plane and go visit and then leave!

Chris
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm 50, single and loving it.  I have money, a house near the beach, I'm fit and healthy.  Currently dating a cancer researcher who is thin, beautiful and smart.  Before that I was dating a PhD candidate who was smart, beautiful and completely crazy.  But that was fun too.  Both were 20 years younger than me.  I also have a great and fun job since I didn't have to do something that paid more but I hated, just to support a family.  

Kids were never at the top of my list.  I was the youngest member of my family by quite a bit and so I saw my parents and my brothers friends relationships turn to shit and 20 years of paying someone you hate to live in your house.  I knew I didn't want that...  I was open to the idea of a family with just the right person.  My brother found that person but still spent 30 years of his life working jobs he hated to support the family and I'm not sure he got all that much out of it and he has the best 2 kids in the world.

My advice?  Don't settle.  Yeah, I know, very original.  But I set the bar high for my life and have nailed most of it.  But did not meet the girl whom I knew would make the right partner for the whole kids and family thing.  Hard to say if you miss something you never had but I have no regrets which is a lot more than a lot of people posting on GD can say.

And there is NOTHING wrong with saying you had a lot of fun.  I think it is underrated.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You don't know how very wrong you are.

There are times it hurts to see other guys with kids and grandkids.  I was almost brought to tears one morning when I saw a father and young son, with the boy's grandfather and great grandfather all out for breakfast together.  I realized I would never know that man's feelings and it hurt like a knife being twisted in my heart.

I guess if you stay in a family-free environment you can avoid being triggered.  But there are times when it will  be triggered and it will hit you totally unexpectedly with you will find yourself reacting to not ever having kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am have a great wife and we get along great, but stay single. I am dad also having a kid is great, but once again not needed. I wouldn't trade for anything, but you can't miss something you never had.  

You don't know how very wrong you are.

There are times it hurts to see other guys with kids and grandkids.  I was almost brought to tears one morning when I saw a father and young son, with the boy's grandfather and great grandfather all out for breakfast together.  I realized I would never know that man's feelings and it hurt like a knife being twisted in my heart.

I guess if you stay in a family-free environment you can avoid being triggered.  But there are times when it will  be triggered and it will hit you totally unexpectedly with you will find yourself reacting to not ever having kids.

Man wasn't made to dwell alone.  Be it evolution or God, you're at the end of thousands of generations of people who reproduced.  Your body wants it, whether or not your conscious mind does.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Never wanted to have kids until I hit my mid-twenties.  Came close to getting married a few times, and managed to dodge the bullet each time.  (Not that marriage is a death sentence, but it would have been with the ones I had chosen.)

Now I'm 45, single, no kids, and never married.  I visit my friends who have families, and after a few hours it puts me completely on edge, nerve jangling stress.  Only I don't realize it until I get back to my place, shut the door, feel the silence, and it's as if a weight is lifted off of my shoulders.  I don't know how anyone does it 24/7/365.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I freakin loved my bachelor days, never really cared about having kids or serious relationships

Now that I have a baby boy, it makes me wish I would have started 10 years ago. Best thing that ever happened to me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm 37 and have no wife or kids. I don't plan on ever getting married, and I don't like children.
I have never wanted any to the consternation of my Parents. I have a Brother and Sister for that shit.

I don't feel bad at all about not having kids. I don't feel bad about refusing to marry either. I like my shit and don't plan to give half of it away. Not that it matters much. There is a shit load of cancer and things that plague my family. I'll never live to be an old man and don't wish to pass on a loaded gun to some other poor fucker.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:28:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:38:07 AM EDT
[#38]
I was in a relationship for four years with a chick that had two kids. Im beyond happy being single with a quit house, full bank account and doing what I want when I want. I plan on keeping it this way.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:41:04 AM EDT
[#39]
it just occurred to me that my two most recent ex-GFs are currently pregnant.  neither is mine, for which i'm exceedingly grateful.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:56:33 AM EDT
[#40]
These threads are depressing in more way than one.

I would like to have a family but I doubt it's going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:04:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So here I am, my kids are now 9 and 13.  They don't talk to me - ever.  She tells them how worthless and lazy I am and they pass that on to me that every morning when I get up with them to make sure they eat breakfast, brush their teeth and drive them to school because mom is still in bed.

View Quote

How does she get them to hate you? That's horrible. Do you try to prove her wrong? How can she brainwash the kids with you still living there? They can't see what you have done for them?

I have a friend who put his wife through nursing school. She has wanted a baby for years and he wanted to wait until they had a home. They got the house and she got pregnant right after graduation, he says it changed her disposition in a positive way and she has gone back to work but I worry for him sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:18:28 AM EDT
[#42]
OP you are doing things wrong.  You think adding kids and a wife to that will make it better?  

Your shit is all messed up.

You should have posted about how you work a ton of overtime to have cool toys and do cool shit with your awesome friends.

Sounds like you messed up your single life and want something different.  That's OK, but having a wife and kids will not fix anything by itself.  It's not magic fairy dust you sprinkle on the empty side of your bed and it makes you happy and awesome.  

Life is hard work.  Get to work.

I don't get tired of it at all.  It's nice being able to go out and talk to anyone I want, meet someone interesting and ask her out, take the entire weekend off to ride my motorcycle, not have anyone nag at me for being lazy(Because half the time I am), don't have to depend on anyone else for anything else, and don't argue about money.  If I meet someone who changes my mind I suppose she will be pretty darn perfect for me.  Those are some big shoes to fill.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:19:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Fuck being single, that shit blows chunks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#44]
I was the single guy for a long time.  Even serious girfriends of my friends hated me because of what I represented, FREEDOM.  The wives didn't like me because I wasn't willing to settle down.  One wife was always trying to set me up with her whack job friends until I stopped coming by.  By my late twenties and not meeting a good candidate for a long term relationship that could lead to marriage, I just said screw it, I'll be single.  I liked the freedom, having money etc.

Then I met a lady who some years later became my wife.  She wasn't a jackwagon like many women are, thats why I stuck with her.  We married after dating for four years and had a kid two years later.  I don't mourn single life, but married life isn't so bad.  There are days that test my patience but other things do seem to even things out.  I know my daughter is well taken care of because my wife is a better parent than I am, my wife contributes to the household way better than many wifves I've known.  To top it off my wife isn't a pain in the ass like most wives I know.

Had I not married and kept going where I was headed, I think I would have been fine.  My own father expressed surprise at the fact I married and had a kid.  He said he thought when my time in the military was up I would either wander around the country or world or buy a cabin in the mountains and be like Bob Swagger in Sniper.  My brother never married and has a good job making even better money.  He doesn't seem all that upset by it.  He comes and goes as he pleases, buys what he wants and he supported my folks when they hit some hard times.  He's a good uncle to his niece as well.  

I think the biggest issue here is people will often think that what others want they should want as well and thats where trouble starts.  You want to get married and have kids?  Go for it.  You want to be single?  Go for it, but understand either path could lead to success or eternal ruin.  Choose wisely and hold on for the ride.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Like always, FPNI
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:09:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I do not get tired of money.
View Quote

This.  I fucked up getting married.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You know what, let me unload my shit life on you OP.  When I first got married neither me nor my wife wanted kids.  And for about 5 years life was bliss.  We both worked, bought a house, 2 cars, went on trips and enjoyed each other.  Then my wife got depression and everyone she knew (except me) said she should have kids!  She decided she was getting off the pill and that was that.  So what does a guy do when his wife decides she wants a kid and he's got no real opinion of kids one way or the other.  We had a kid!  

Then wifey decided she needed to stop working because she wants to instill proper morals in our child.  Of course we had literally just bought a house and 2 cars.  But fuck it, right!  She just quit her job at 7 months pregnant.  Well bankruptcy was moving in fast and I, like the asshole I am, told her she needed to put that RN liscense of hers to good use.  So she took a part time job working 4 hours a week and making $10 an hour.  This wasn't enough so I took a night gig at the hardware store and frantically tried to pay off one of the cars.  Eventually I did and life seemed to return to normal until 3 years later she stopped taking the pill again and I got a really big surprise one night.  I'M PREGNANT!  

Then wifey goes fucking insane and starts threatening to bash our sons brains in on a daily basis and starts referring to him as her "enemy".  I get the luantic into counseling on the premise that he's diagnosing our son with a mental disorder.  She gets on meds and chills just in time for our 2nd kid to enter the human race.  Then she quits her job because 4 hrs a week is too much.  She spends the next few year's training our kids to yell "I hate you!" at me.  There's no joy in life like having your 5 year old tell you that he hates you and you don't really work because you just sit at a desk all day.

View Quote

Whole E fuck !
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
These threads are depressing in more way than one.

I would like to have a family but I doubt it's going to happen.
View Quote

Not ALL marriages/families end up as shit-shows.  It is a roll of the dice though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I once thought as you did. Got married.

Never
Ever
Fuckin ever get married.  All those people telling you to stay single are not talking out their ass. Believe them.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Been waiting a year for you to ask that question. I don’t mean to rant, but no more sugar coating, beating around the bush, or walking on eggshells.

Depression.

“I’m not super ‘happy,’ but there is also nothing in my life to be ‘sad’ about either” ?<----------- that is depression.

“I have a whole list of things to do today, but no reason to do them.” ?<------------- that is depression.

“I’m ok where I’m at, would like more, but I have a good life as-is.” ?<------------ that is depression.

People who say things like this are all highlighting the same thing, lack of passion. Depression blocks the awesome rewards of intimacy, too.

Getting out of depression for men is usually done through a career-reevaluation. What we do for work need not change the world, but must resonate within our hearts; our inner being. Otherwise it is soul-sucking.

Only after someone is not depressed, are they truly available for a healthy romantic, monogamous relationship. A relationships of two people already happy, who overflow on to one another. Not two people who try to get the other one to fill them up in the first place.

Only after that, should two people have children. Otherwise, the children pick up on the idea that a significant other is supposed to make someone whole; when in reality the two people are already whole and overflowing with love, simply sharing and adding to each others’ lives.

Kids should be borne out of love, not “time running out.”

Being alone 100% outside of work is not “mostly great,” it’s emotionally suppressive and backwards from our relational nature. When we are alone, life is way too easy. It’s too easy to rationalize and intellectualize feelings and emotions. We become a shell of a person, unconnected from others.

Not having romantic relationships is even worse. “I’m just going to live alone because it’s too difficult…” This approach destroys the light inside someone. The things that are most difficult and make us human surface only when we get close enough to a significant other to rise from our dark abyss.

OP- When alone, over time, we rationalize and intellectualize all our feelings away. Then we wake up and say, “Fuck! Time is running out!” yet have no clue of what to do next. IM me for an idea of what action to take next if this sounds close.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top