View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wouldn't be Trump screwing anybody over. If that happens it's because the GOP failed to rally behind the front runner and the will of the majority of the voters.

Wether you like it or not, Trump has more votes than the other candidates.
What majority of voters?  Trump does NOT have a majority of the votes.  This is something Trump crew does not understand.  Trump has about 37% of the vote.  So your mythical majority is bogus all the way.  You guys play like you got all the votes.  Reality says different.  So if he doesn't get 1237, and he doesn't get a 2nd ballot win, SUCK IT BUTTERCUP, play nice and support the nominee.    

Or you can take your toys and go home and prove what a lot of people have speculated.  Maybe even a MAJORITY of people.

Trump has a majority of the delegates as of right now.

I will vote for whoever is running against Hillary.
Go read your first post you said votes!  Majority of the votes.  

Ok. Ok. I screwed up.
Happens to me all the time
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter what happens - whether he walks away or runs 3rd party, Hillary is GUARANTEED the win if the GOP do not let Trump have the nomination at this point.

So many of Trump's supporters are ANGRY at the GOP.  If the GOP is perceived to screw him out of the nomination, which they will be if they don't let him have it, many of those supports will refuse to support whatever candidate does get it.

The ONLY way forward for the GOP now is to support Trump, and desperately hope that he is not actually the lying Northeast Liberal that all the evidence suggests he is.  Any other path guarantees Hillary the Presidency.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Doesn't matter what happens - whether he walks away or runs 3rd party, Hillary is GUARANTEED the win if the GOP do not let Trump have the nomination at this point.

So many of Trump's supporters are ANGRY at the GOP.  If the GOP is perceived to screw him out of the nomination, which they will be if they don't let him have it, many of those supports will refuse to support whatever candidate does get it.

The ONLY way forward for the GOP now is to support Trump, and desperately hope that he is not actually the lying Northeast Liberal that all the evidence suggests he is.  Any other path guarantees Hillary the Presidency.

Truth.

The problem with even that is the bad blood that has been spilled will be hard to overlook on all sides.  I'm not sure that any number of people won't just adopt a "fuck that guy" attitude and cut their own throat out of spite.  Kind of a Keyser Soze mindset of kill your own family as an example.
Soze's legendary persona is born when rival Hungarian smugglers invade his house while he is away, rape his wife, and hold his children hostage; when Söze arrives, they kill one of his children and demand he surrender his business. Instead, Söze kills his own family and all but one of the Hungarians, who he knows will tell the Mafia what has happened.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I just want to see Hilldog in prison and Trump I think is the best chance for that.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I just want to see Hilldog in prison and Trump I think is the best chance for that.

View Quote

Oh yeah.  Absolutely.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I believe he said that he will just quietly go away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does he walk away, and say it was a good race? Does he endorse the nominee and step down? Or does he rant about being cheated, threaten to run 3rd party, try to fuck over the Republicans in the general, etc.?

I believe he said that he will just quietly go away.

I'll believe that when I see it. I don't think his narcissism will allow him to graciously accept defeat. I think he'll squeal and whine and throw an enormous public tantrum, sabotaging any hope of republican victory.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Whatever the fuck happens during the convention the GOP and Trump and Cruz need to stop the infighting and focus on beating Hitlery.

This three ring circus has gone on long enough.

I voted for Cruz in the primary but I see the writing on the wall.

I don't trust Trump, but he has fought an uphill battle against multiple candidates with his own party trying to sabotage him.

He is a blowhard, a braggart, and a new yorker. But the other option is assuredly worse.

This one is for all the marbles boys.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh yeah.  Absolutely.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4lFrk4PbVg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah.  Absolutely.

How about this one. I'm keeping hope alive.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#8]
The plan all along has been for him to pave the way for Hillary.  That wont end until the general election is over.  

If he loses the nomination, he'll tweet daily about the corruption of the GOP while his followers stare at their phones waiting for his next communique.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If I was him, I'd run 3rd party.

It would show the GOPe that they fucked up.

The GOPe also wouldn't care that they fucked up.

And it would give the GOPe a scapegoat (or from another thread an escape goat).

It doesn't really matter, once this debacle of an election is over with there will be copious amount of butthurt and plenty of finger pointing as to who's fault it was.
View Quote

If they try to give us a pile of Katshit-- wife, myself, and millions of others will write Trump in. NO KATSHIT!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/cy7A8TIFScA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah.  Absolutely.

False hope though. You know he's not genuine. He's "playing a part" as his campaign has said, playing his supporters for fools.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's funny, because basic arithmetic shows that the majority of voters have voted against Trump.

Whether you like it or not, Trump has nowhere near a majority of votes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does he walk away, and say it was a good race? Does he endorse the nominee and step down? Or does he rant about being cheated, threaten to run 3rd party, try to fuck over the Republicans in the general, etc.?

It wouldn't be Trump screwing anybody over. If that happens it's because the GOP failed to rally behind the front runner and the will of the majority of the voters.

That's funny, because basic arithmetic shows that the majority of voters have voted against Trump.

And Cruz has even fewer....
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah.  Absolutely.

Hope and change!

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
He would run 3rd party and that party would be bigger than the GOP in a fucking hurry.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He would run 3rd party and that party would be bigger than the GOP in a fucking hurry.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhhh... no.

He'd do a little better than Perot, certainly enough to give Hillary the win in a landslide.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Trump is a Douche, he will do what Douches do.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just rich.

Of all the inspirational figures that could break the stranglehold that two parties have had on this country for over a century, your standard bearer is Donald Trump???

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.  ...but irrelevant.  

The point is -- the original argument that Trump has a majority of the voters is factually incorrect.

Trump does not have a majority of the voters; in fact -- with his high unfavorables it's very possible that in a head to head match-up he would have lost to a number of other Republican candidates.  This situation is typically the reason "run-off" elections exist.  In this case, the "run-off" is done by the delegates at the convention if no one reaches 1237.

The great irony is for all of Trump's bitching about the GOP's system and how the "GOPe" is trying to screw him -- he's the one currently benefiting the most from it.

If Trump gets to 1237 -- he should be the candidate.  If not, he should go away and his supporters should stfu and vote for the nominee or get ready for Hillary and the loss of so-called "assault weapons" in 2017.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This... Unfortunately

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This... Unfortunately

Especially after tonight and next Tuesday if the polling holds up. I would like to know from the Indiana members if the Bobby Knight endorsement is going to have any significance or measurable impact.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Tell the to the millions who voted for Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plurality is not the majority

We're trying. Most have proven to either be ignorant of logic, or willfully ignoring the real world around them.  They still don't make up a majority of republican primary voters.  

There are millions that have voted for someone else, and if someone else is chosen at the convention, Trimp won't be cheated. Those are the established protocols and to most Americans, those protocols would have worked by preventing an unviable candidate with only a plurality from getting the nomination and assuring a loss in November.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear millions who have voted for Trump:

Separate from any political debate, words mean things. A plurality is not a majority. They are two different words that mean two different things. If you are unsure about the meaning of a word, please look it up instead of pretending you can rewrite the dictionary as easily as you can change policy stances or party affiliation. Thank you.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not really.

Calling 30something percent a majority is torturing math.

Obfuscating the truth of the election would be something like claiming that roughly a third of the party should decide who is nominated despite well established rules for the nomination process which has yet to play out.

Truth is, a majority of the party clearly do not want Trump.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are adding the votes of all 16 of the other candidates then you are torturing math and you are doing it to obfuscate the truth of the election.

Not really.

Obfuscating the truth of the election would be something like claiming that roughly a third of the party should decide who is nominated despite well established rules for the nomination process which has yet to play out.

By the same formula a SUPER MAJORITY want neither Katshit or Cruz.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah.  Absolutely.

I honestly do wish I shared your optimism.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
That's just rich.

Of all the inspirational figures that could break the stranglehold that two parties have had on this country for over a century, your standard bearer is Donald Trump???

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's just rich.

Sounds just like the drop out after the first debate and never win a single primary crowd LOL

eta for the people who think he isn't/can't get a majority of support from republicans

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sounds just like the drop out after the first debate and never win a single primary crowd LOL  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just rich.

The Delusions of the GOPe apparatchiks are strong. Probably require Dr. Trump to administers some shock therapy.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What majority of voters?  Trump does NOT have a majority of the votes.  This is something Trump crew does not understand.  Trump has about 37% of the vote.  So your mythical majority is bogus all the way.  You guys play like you got all the votes.  Reality says different.  So if he doesn't get 1237, and he doesn't get a 2nd ballot win, SUCK IT BUTTERCUP, play nice and support the nominee.    

Or you can take your toys and go home and prove what a lot of people have speculated.  Maybe even a MAJORITY of people.

Jesus Christ, are you trolling or just that dumb? In the primary election process, majority is half plus 1.

Trump does not have a majority. And the well established protocols that have been in place for 150+ years are there to determine! in the event it isn't obtained in the primaries, who will obtain a majority of support through a thinning out process at the convention. It is this way so some unelectable maniac that can only garner 37% of the vote isn't chosen to represent the whole of republican voters
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Separate from any political debate, words mean things. A plurality is not a majority. They are two different words that mean two different things. If you are unsure about the meaning of a word, please look it up instead of pretending you can rewrite the dictionary as easily as you can change policy stances or party affiliation. Thank you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just stop.  They don't care.

They know that a candidate has to have a majority of votes on the first ballot.  They don't care.  The rules only apply until its Trump.  

Funny thing is, the same people are whining and complaining about "butthurt Cruzbots" who may choose not to vote for Trump

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

eta for the people who think he isn't/can't get a majority of support from republicans

<a href="http://s27.photobucket.com/user/91nx2k/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1C549464-6FA3-402C-BD3C-0B3795AAAA6B.png_zps5fgky6ma.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/91nx2k/Mobile%20Uploads/1C549464-6FA3-402C-BD3C-0B3795AAAA6B.png_zps5fgky6ma.jpeg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just rich.

<a href="http://s27.photobucket.com/user/91nx2k/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1C549464-6FA3-402C-BD3C-0B3795AAAA6B.png_zps5fgky6ma.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/91nx2k/Mobile%20Uploads/1C549464-6FA3-402C-BD3C-0B3795AAAA6B.png_zps5fgky6ma.jpeg</a>

I doubt very highly that the poll you illustrated would look the same if the respondents were asked if they would vote 3rd party
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.

Actually that's not necessarily true.  You see;  most of the primary candidates split their vote among the same group of supporters.  The majority of Rubio, Bush, Fiorina, etc supporters would have primarily broke for Trump's opposition in a heads-up primary election.  Trump has the most rabid supporters but also the lowest cap on his support.  This is why he consistently polls the worst of the remaining candidates in a hypothetical general election matchup.

The math really isn't that difficult to understand at this point.  What's difficult to understand is why so many Trump supporters are incapable of doing it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They know that a candidate has to have a majority of votes on the first ballot.  They don't care.  The rules only apply until its Trump.  

Funny thing is, the same people are whining and complaining about "butthurt Cruzbots" who may choose not to vote for Trump

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not even talking about the GOP nomination, this is about the integrity of the English language.

WORDS MEAN THINGS, GODDAMNIT!

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#31]
He will act the Pied Piper if he's not rewarded with the nomination.

It's a tale as old as time (or are our memories so short?).
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The Delusions of the GOPe apparatchiks are strong. Probably require Dr. Trump to administers some sock therapy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just rich.

The Delusions of the GOPe apparatchiks are strong. Probably require Dr. Trump to administers some sock therapy.

What's delusional is that people believe that Trump could lead a successful 3rd party movement in this country.  Why do you think a man with so many liberal policies is running as a Republican?  Do you honestly think the party needs pulled any further left than it already is?

There are two reasons:

1.  He has seen the failings of every other candidate who tried to run 3rd party
2.  He didn't want to run against Hillary in the primary.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm not even talking about the GOP nomination, this is about the integrity of the English language.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.  But Trump supporters don't care.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah I mean it's like these Trump supporters just don't get it.  They don't understand that if you don't have 1237 on the first ballot you're fucked.  Out.  Done.  Moving on to someone else.

Except for everyone else besides Trump that is.  All the other people who don't have 1237 on the first ballot are A OK to get it on a subsequent ballot.  Just not Trump.  Because feelings.  And he's a "liberal" that the GOP let run in their primary and had sign a pledge.  Rules are rules and nobody thinks the system is rigged except crybaby Trump who only has 37% 50% of support from republicans.

Like I keep saying but some people just don't want to believe it; this is an academic circle jerk anyway since Trump is the ONLY ONE who actually can get to 1237 now.  And he will.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Actually that's not necessarily true.  You see;  most of the primary candidates split their vote among the same group of supporters.  The majority of Rubio, Bush, Fiorina, etc supporters would have primarily broke for Trump's opposition in a heads-up primary election.  Trump has the most rabid supporters but also the lowest cap on his support.  This is why he consistently polls the worst of the remaining candidates in a hypothetical general election matchup.

The math really isn't that difficult to understand at this point.  What's difficult to understand is why so many Trump supporters are incapable of doing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.

BS, all anyone has to do is go look at the numbers from the start to now...as candidates have dropped out those remaining have all split their voters..including Trump, his voter % have climbed after every candidate has quit...If what you say was true, Cruz would be dominating right now after picking up 15 other candidates voters....
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah I mean it's like these Trump supporters just don't get it.  They don't understand that if you don't have 1237 on the first ballot you're fucked.  Out.  Done.  Moving on to someone else.

Except for everyone else besides Trump that is.  All the other people who don't have 1237 on the first ballot are A OK to get it on a subsequent ballot.  Just not Trump.  Because feelings.  And he's a "liberal" that the GOP let run in their primary and had sign a pledge.  Rules are rules and nobody thinks the system is rigged except crybaby Trump who only has 37% 50% of support from republicans.

Like I keep saying but some people just don't want to believe it; this is an academic circle jerk anyway since Trump is the ONLY ONE who actually can get to 1237 now.  And he will.  
View Quote

Sorry but I've been through Advanced Calculus and high-level statistics courses.  Your mathematical analysis is totally false based on the current numbers.  Obviously, if Trump moves substantially to the center and Hillary gets indicted halfway through the process things could change.

The reason why Trump wouldn't get to 1237 on subsequent ballots is because other people can do the math like me and know Trump's high unfavorables lead to the lowest cap on his support.  He wins the states that Republicans will win no matter who the nominee is along with states like New York where they have no chance.  He'll get crushed in the swing states where it matters.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its a moot point.

Havent you guys said that there is no wayt the GOPe would let Trump get the nomination if he didn't get the majority when the delegates were bound?

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Its a moot point.

Havent you guys said that there is no wayt the GOPe would let Trump get the nomination if he didn't get the majority when the delegates were bound?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a moot point.

Keep in mind -- if Trump gets the majority of delegates on the first ballot;  he still will not have won a majority of the voters.

Trump has been the biggest beneficiary of the GOP system that rewards candidates for winning irrelevant states like New York and California - states Republicans have zero chance to carry in November.

Don't tell that to a Trump supporter though...
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

BS, all anyone has to do is go look at the numbers from the start to now...as candidates have dropped out those remaining have all split their voters..including Trump, his voter % have climbed after every candidate has quit...If what you say was true, Cruz would be dominating right now after picking up 15 other candidates voters....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.

Like I said delusions apparatchiks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Sorry but I've been through Advanced Calculus and high-level statistics courses.  Your mathematical analysis is totally false based on the current numbers.  Obviously, if Trump moves substantially to the center and Hillary gets indicted halfway through the process things could change.

The reason why Trump wouldn't get to 1237 on subsequent ballots is because other people can do the math like me and know Trump's high unfavorables lead to the lowest cap on his support.  He wins the states that Republicans will win no matter who the nominee is along with states like New York where they have no chance.  He'll get crushed in the swing states where it matters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a mechanical engineer, and Six Sigma Green Belt.  I've taken high level Calculus, Linear Algebra, and know a thing or two about statistics.  So you can cool it with the "you know know maths" BS.

Also I didn't make a mathematical analysis.  All I said was that it's silly to say Trump is the only one who can't win on the second ballot because feelings.  

The fact remains that Trump is the only one left who can get to 1237 on the first ballot.  I can get you a calculator if you need help figuring those numbers out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Here is the thing. Trump has supporters. They are supporting a person. They are not supporting a party. They are not supporting an ideology. They are supporting the candidate. If he is not they candidate they poof out of existence. No amount of screaming after the primary is over that you need to vote for Candidate X is going to matter. You can beat the drum of the party selected Candidate X and now it is time to rally behind them. You can talk about gun rights, Supreme court picks, or anything else. It does not matter. Those voters are gone, and they are not coming back.  If Trump does not get the nomination you will see some people celebrating, and some people pissed off. The celebrators will be thrilled until they realize the reality is that those voters did not jump to Candidate X. From there it will just degenerate through the 7 stages of grief as they scream at those voters to come back and blame them for not coming back.

With them gone, and the base irreparably damaged the democrat candidate wins.  This election would effectively be over before it even started.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.

Of course Trump's numbers increased some, but substantially less than the other candidates.   You didn't prove my point wrong -- you stated the obvious.

Trump's support level is currently the lowest -- look at pretty much every general election poll.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm a mechanical engineer, and Six Sigma Green Belt.  I've taken high level Calculus, Linear Algebra, and know a thing or two about statistics.  So you can cool it with the "you know know maths" BS.  

Also I didn't make a mathematical analysis.  All I said was that it's silly to say Trump is the only one who can't win on the second ballot because feelings.  

The fact remains that Trump is the only one left who can get to 1237 on the first ballot.  I can get you a calculator if you need help figuring those numbers out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then you should know that your statement -- "All the other people who don't have 1237 on the first ballot are A OK to get it on a subsequent ballot.  Just not Trump.  Because feelings."  -- is complete bullshit.

Trump won't get to 1237 on the second ballot because most of the delegates aren't going to bet on the horse most likely to lose the biggest and cost the GOP Congress as well.  It's not "feelings."

Since you're clearly capable of doing the math as I am -- I suggest you go pull the numbers and fucking do it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Here is the thing. Trump has supporters. They are supporting a person. They are not supporting a party. They are not supporting an ideology. They are supporting the candidate. If he is not they candidate they poof out of existence. No amount of screaming after the primary is over that you need to vote for Candidate X is going to matter. You can beat the drum of the party selected Candidate X and now it is time to rally behind them. You can talk about gun rights, Supreme court picks, or anything else. It does not matter. Those voters are gone, and they are not coming back.  If Trump does not get the nomination you will see some people celebrating, and some people pissed off. The celebrators will be thrilled until they realize the reality is that those voters did not jump to Candidate X. From there it will just degenerate through the 7 stages of grief as they scream at those voters to come back and blame them for not coming back.

With them gone, and the base irreparably damaged the democrat candidate wins.  This election would effectively be over before it even started.
View Quote

The exact same argument could be made about any of the current candidates.  The percentage of #neverTrump is likely higher than the percentage of Trump voters who won't switch candidates.  Otherwise, general election polls would show larger losses for Kasich and Cruz instead of Trump being the biggest loser.

Further -- Trump has the highest unfavorables of all the candidates.  So actually he's the individual least likely to gain the supporters of the other candidates.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Of course Trump's numbers increased some, but substantially less than the other candidates.   You didn't prove my point wrong -- you stated the obvious.

Trump's support level is currently the lowest -- look at pretty much every general election poll.
View Quote

Let me see now, Trump has won the most states, the most delegates, and  the most votes..yet by your common core math Cruz is the winner...We won't even talk about the beating Trump is going to give Cruz today in 5 states.......
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Let me see now, Trump has won the most states, the most delegates, and  the most votes..yet by your common core math Cruz is the winner...We won't even talk about the beating Trump is going to give Cruz today in 5 states.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz is likely a loser too.  ...although he'd likely lose by less than Trump and Republicans might keep Congress.

For all the talk about Trump being the "wildcard" -- the real wildcard is Kasich since he's the least well-known and therefore his polling has the largest margin of error.

My gut feeling though is that Clinton doesn't have the enthusiastic base that Obama had and that Kasich would win a lot of blue-collar union voters that previously broke for Obama.  Whether that results in a victory or not I can't say.

On the same hand -- Trump will motivate the liberal base to a record turnout.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Well then you should know that your statement -- "All the other people who don't have 1237 on the first ballot are A OK to get it on a subsequent ballot.  Just not Trump.  Because feelings."  -- is complete bullshit.

Trump won't get to 1237 on the second ballot because most of the delegates aren't going to bet on the horse most likely to lose the biggest and cost the GOP Congress as well.  It's not "feelings."

Since you're clearly capable of doing the math as I am -- I suggest you go pull the numbers and fucking do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They won't bet on him because they "feel" he won't win lol.  It's precisely feelings.

I did do the math, that's how I know this is an academic discussion.  Trump will win IN, CA, and he will get 1237 on the first ballot.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or talk about this...
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They won't bet on him because they "feel" he won't win lol.  It's precisely feelings.  

View Quote

I don't think he'll win.  I'm pretty sure he won't win.

But I "didn't bet on him" because he's a big-city liberal that thinks government needs to solve everyone's problems.  His politics on the whole just straight-up suck balls.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After Trump gets the GOP nomination, and Hillary gets the Dem nomination, Trump should pick Hillary as VP, and Hillary should pick Trump as VP.

Both their slogans could be "Don't even bother voting, suckers- because you are getting both of us either way!!!"  

That's got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've read on here.

Scandinavian humor.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top