User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To be accurate, we are giving billions of dollars in corporate welfare.

90% of the money is spent on US made defense equipment

Also, its a treaty obligation based upon camp david.

we bought the sinai from israel and gave it to egypt.

the real question is why we give billions to egypt, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm okay with being allies with them but I don't want to give them billions of dollars in foreign aid.

This is truly mystifying.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I support Israel in general - what is the other option?  "Palestinians"?  However, I cannot completely overlook the Liberty incident, the Lavon Affair/Operation Susannah, the Jonathan Pollard (and others) spy case, the transfer of American technology to Russia and Communist China, etc.

Israel feels perfectly free to shit on anyone at the drop of a hat.
View Quote

I feel dirty agreeing with Rick, but this is it.  I admire their unabashed pursuit of their own interests, I like their border fence, and so forth.  But to call them a great ally, or even a good one, stretches credulity.  Israel does what's good for Israel, and if it hurts the USA, they have lots of friends in America to smooth it over for them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

We get enough bad press in the Middle East without doing joint operations with Israel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I support Israel on the basis that they are a fairly pro western sovereign nation that looks out for their own survival first and foremost.

It isn't because they're a nation of Jews. It is because they're tough mother fuckers.

Now I do think that US Israel relations need to change. Either we become really close. Like we should have bases in Israel and they should get actually involved in our shit or we cut off aid to them.

They aren't a new fledgling nation. They have their own defense industry and Operation Nickel Grass was a.good thing but a slap in the face to our guys in Vietnam.

If Israel wants that support again.... then send the IDF to wherever the fuck we go and actually conduct combat operations with US Forces.

This. I've never considered them anything but a nation of professional welfare whores. If I woke up tomorrow and they had decimated the rest of the parasites in that region that would be great and all but I honestly don't think it would register much on my give-a-fuck meter if it was the other way around.

Instead of preaching "never again" and cashing welfare checks they should get off their ass and do something.

We get enough bad press in the Middle East without doing joint operations with Israel.
We're already the Big Satan. Fuck it.... either we need to get off the high horse of trying to appease a group of nations that want nothing more tha to kill us all.... or we continie tontry to appease them and become the next sight for terror attacks attacks.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Muslims who want to kill any type of progress and return to stone-age barbarism.
The Jews who had to make sure they got that one specific shitty piece of land, instead of the dozens of other lands they could have had under the British empire (Madagascar, etc.), where they're not surrounded by people that hate them.
The Christians who are at the beck and call of Israel (Jews) because of some religious Apocalypse fantasy where their saviour comes back. I wouldn't be surprised if they would rather have America destroyed instead of Israel (if they had to choose).

This is WWIII.

We need to move away from faith (that goes for Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc., etc.). We're not going to live for another 1000 years with nuclear weapons and religion.
View Quote

My faith is not negotiable.

As for Christians, the current nation of Israel is not the Biblical kingdom of Israel:

1.  It doesn't have a king.
2.  It is actually a Communist government in all but name - a kibbutz is just a collective farm.
3. They have yet to remove that abomination atop the Temple Mount and rebuilt the temple.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
USS Liberty>Benghazi
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This. I've never considered them anything but a nation of professional welfare whores. If I woke up tomorrow and they had decimated the rest of the parasites in that region that would be great and all but I honestly don't think it would register much on my give-a-fuck meter if it was the other way around.

Instead of preaching "never again" and cashing welfare checks they should get off their ass and do something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I support Israel on the basis that they are a fairly pro western sovereign nation that looks out for their own survival first and foremost.

It isn't because they're a nation of Jews. It is because they're tough mother fuckers.

Now I do think that US Israel relations need to change. Either we become really close. Like we should have bases in Israel and they should get actually involved in our shit or we cut off aid to them.

They aren't a new fledgling nation. They have their own defense industry and Operation Nickel Grass was a.good thing but a slap in the face to our guys in Vietnam.

If Israel wants that support again.... then send the IDF to wherever the fuck we go and actually conduct combat operations with US Forces.

so Israel has no economy outside of what the US gives them?

Is that your informed opinion?

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hate to burst your bubble, but Israel is pretty strongly anti-gun.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that. I've posted about that on here. But as a sovereign nation, they do look out for their own survival (as a nation) first and foremost. And they are fairly pro western. Pro western doesn't mean pro gun.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know that. I've posted about that on here. But as a sovereign nation, they do look out for their own survival (as a nation) first and foremost. And they are fairly pro western. Pro western doesn't mean pro gun.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I swear that read pro gun instead of pro western.  But you haven't edited your post and it clearly doesn't.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The Muslims who want to kill any type of progress and return to stone-age barbarism.

The Jews who had to make sure they got that one specific shitty piece of land, instead of the dozens of other lands they could have had under the British empire (Madagascar, etc.), where they're not surrounded by people that hate them.

The Christians who are at the beck and call of Israel (Jews) because of some religious Apocalypse fantasy where their saviour comes back. I wouldn't be surprised if they would rather have America destroyed instead of Israel (if they had to choose).

This is WWIII.

We need to move away from faith (that goes for Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc., etc.). We're not going to live for another 1000 years with nuclear weapons and religion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We can be dragged into WWIII - Abrahamic Wrestlemania Mudmatch quite easily because of this.

Really?  I don't see many Jewish suicide bombers or "refugees" raping and pillaging Europe.

Islam is an Abrahamic religion.

Yes, and I suppose I snipped too much of the original quote -- FlyWire didn't type that muslims are dragging us into war.

This is WWIII.

You think moving away from faith and towards atheism/non religious spirituality is going to save us from nuking each other?

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You think moving away from faith and towards atheism/non religious spirituality is going to save us from nuking each other?

View Quote

I do.

The Soviets had nukes and didn't use them, because they didn't want to die.

You get enough people that believe their death will bring them a better life, and they get nukes, the chances of them using them are pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I do.

You get enough people that believe their death will bring them a better life, and they get nukes, the chances of them using them are pretty damn good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do.

Hell, much of the ME is approaching the point where their death actually will be an improvement over the shit this their current lives.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hell, much of the ME is approaching the point where their death actually will be an improvement over the shit this their current lives.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do.

Agreed, and I don't think that's an accident. Makes it easier to recruit people willing to die for their faith.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:43:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I've noticed when Israel threads come up you have some very mixed views on how we all feel about Israel and the support the US gives it.

One subject that comes up was the Israelis bombing one of our ships. What was the whole story behind that?

Just trying to understand why there is a split over this issue?

View Quote

Old school gun writers pushed the Israelis being bad-ass for a very long time.

The mouth breathers that crop dust gun shows still eat it up hand over fist.

I know people who would buy a bag full of dog shit if it had IDF stamped on it.

We still have clowns defending condition 3 carry because, "IDF"!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:00:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/73/175673-004-C2AA1C4B.jpg

which we still pay to transit and other countries get to use without 2 billion a year in military aid.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top