Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rost but he's right for the most part...If I wasn't being a worthless dumbass that applied myself more and actually kept my shit together, I'd probably be doing fine....but yeah. anyhow, none of that Bernout crap
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People should stop coddling the OP.

Maybe if he just applied himself more he wouldn't be flunking college.

I had to work all thru college to pay for my tuition...nothing was ever easy.

In life sometimes you have to do what you have to do....suck it up and stop the whining.  

You sound like you are ready to vote for Bernie and a free ride....is that it?

Look where this guy lives OP.
He is still with us.

Rost but he's right for the most part...If I wasn't being a worthless dumbass that applied myself more and actually kept my shit together, I'd probably be doing fine....but yeah. anyhow, none of that Bernout crap

Btw OP...stop worrying about getting laid.  Concentrate on bringing your grades up and improving your confidence.  In college I was either going to class or working part time doing student labor jobs or studying.  Weekends I saved for partying.  As for the co-eds....stop looking so hard.  It usually was when I wasn't even looking that female opportunity dropped in my lap.

As for sleep, again stop worrying about it.  Get more exercise and learn to relax...sleep will come...eventually.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Pepper.
View Quote

His anus for?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Figure out why you suck at school, girls, and fix it.

Seriously...you will get happy when you start fixing shit.  Wallowing in shit isn't fun and it only gets worse until you take ownership of your problems and fix them.

So, why are your grades bad?  Why no sleep...are you not eating, working out, and waking up early?

View Quote

Forget about the woman for now and get your grades together.  Girls will always be there...especially when you least expect it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Take some zzzquil and get a solid 10 hours of sleep.  Do that for 2 or 3 nights.  I bet you'll feel a lot better.  Seems simple but I've seen other people mention it in this thread and that's what do when I'm down in the dumps.  Being tired can really fuck up your perspective.  Life is a journey, not a destination. Settle in for the duration and play the long game.  You'll be fine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do you ever just want to give up?

View Quote

Fuck no. Y'all will have to kill me first.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1. Take a shower
2. Get dressed
3. walk out the door
4. Drive to the west and watch the sun go down or the stars come up.
5. This is it, the last day of your life.
6. Now get back in the car and go home.
7 Clean up your appt. or dorm room
8.10 push-ups and 10 sit-ups or more
9. if you need to study, do that.
10. Eat
11 Sleep
Find something that you WANT to do. Reading, rock hunting, Hiking, riding a bike....find something and do it every day.
Put yourself in training. Get a schedule and keep it. Shower and eat every day.
This right now is getting you unscrewed and then you can worry about next week.
You are absolutely no good to me when the zombies come if I have to baby sit you.

View Quote

Thats it man. You're 110% right. This is my life for now on. No more of this wollowing crap. No more fucking bullshit. Get up, get dressed, work out, go to class, go to work, study, go to bed. Cut out the "cancer" and what I've been doing wrong. It's the only thing that'll fix this
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Go talk to a counselor or something at your school.  Your problems can be fixed brother just get some help.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#8]
OP...you partying to much?

I ask because when I was in college there was a direct relationship between the amount of time spent partying and grades.  Very few people I knew could handle both at the same time.

If you really apply yourself during the week you will find that there is plenty of time to party on the weekends and it will be much more enjoyable because you kinow you have gotten your work done.

Again....forget about the woman for awhile.....they will always be there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Fix one thing at a time.   Focus on getting full nights sleep and getting good grades.  

Also, I'm pretty sure your parents love you no matter what.   So stop worrying about that.

Wish I had more/better advice to give.

Does your school have counseling services?  If so, avail yourself of them.
View Quote

Everything he said, especially the part in red. Maybe have a talk with them and let them know you are struggling. I don't know what your relationship with them is like but I'll bet they want the best for you and for you to be happy.

Sometimes a man just needs a break, step back and reconnoitre.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't join the military.

Don't start drinking. Drinking just makes you more depressed and you will develop bad habits.

Try smoking or vaping or get some kind of nicotine in your system. Yes nicotine isn't healthy for you and you might die of cancer but shit, you already considering dying to try this out first and if it doesn't level you out then go to plan b.

Finish college. Some people are lucky and some people are able to make great connections and network, others have rich parents they will never admit helped them out (or are still helping them out) for the rest of us the only shred of hope in this quasi-fake meritocracy is getting more formalized education.

Girls, Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. You might die a virgin you might only have one or two girlfriends in your entire life and they might be ugly, fat or both. Oh well, that's your lot in life. Play the hand you are dealt and don't worry about it. You will have saved a lot of money and freed yourself from a lot of stress in the long run.

Does it get better? No, maybe for some of the guys who replied things are rosey, their tall and good looking, mommy and daddy helped them but for some of us life sucked from day one. It never got better. Seek out the few things that give you peace and ignore everyone and everything else. You'll be fine OP, some days just suck more than others.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Dicking around outside in the garage working on whatever with my buddies is really the only thing that I enjoy at the moment.....kinda pathetic but yeah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just have to look at things differently. Go outside, exercise, tinker with stuff. I find that changes my mood for the better.

Dicking around outside in the garage working on whatever with my buddies is really the only thing that I enjoy at the moment.....kinda pathetic but yeah

Not pathetic at all man, The two depressions i've had in life i got through by tinkering on cars. Right after college, i lost the woman of my dreams( or so i thought at the time) and my grandfather passed. At first i drank alot, but that is just a band-aid. But i pretty much tore my mustang completley down and put it back together. Turning wrenches can be good therapy
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just have to look at things differently. Go outside, exercise, tinker with stuff. I find that changes my mood for the better.

Not pathetic at all man, The two depressions i've had in life i got through by tinkering on cars. Right after college, i lost the woman of my dreams( or so i thought at the time) and my grandfather passed. At first i drank alot, but that is just a band-aid. But i pretty much tore my mustang completley down and put it back together. Turning wrenches can be good therapy
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Live long enough and you'll find life has some painful intersections you'll cross through. Sometimes those intersections seem to last a long time, some are brief, but intersections they are. You keep on moving through them and out the other side. They all will fade in your "rear view mirror".

Stack enough years behind you and you'll see this intermittent pattern....it's called life.

Make changes. Pain frequently dictates and forces changes....which is actually a good thing. Who you spend time with. Where you live. What you do. Your lifestyle. Your health. But demand of yourself that life owes you nothing and as such you need to take the wheel and change the course your on.

Make a list. Identify the things you're not happy with. Give it serious, serious thought and then make a project out of each to change the direction of discomfort. Stick to it. Do not give up.

A big component to this is not feeling sorry for yourself. If you refuse to make the changes and you're aware that complacency will further your anguish, you've chosen to continue to endure the discomfort.

Man up, pick these things apart one at a time and keep on moving.

You control your future, not circumstances. Pick yourself up and get fuckin going.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Only faggots give up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#15]
When things have gone to shit in my life I draw a line down a sheet of paper and on the right side goes everything I like and every responsibility I can't morally get out of.  On the left side goes everything else.  Then I remove everything on the left side.  

Then I identify 3 things in my life I need to do to make it better.  Then I lower my head, grit my teeth and I don't look up until those three things are done.

Every time I've done that when I finally look up life doesn't seem so bad.

But I've also never, ever felt suicidal, not even in the slightest bit.  

If you're like me, do something similar to what I said above.  But for God's sakes, if you're really suffering from depression seek help.  No one wants to take meds, but real depression is something that requires them.  And don't stop taking them just because you feel better.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#16]
im going through a tough stretch myself.i just got done with a divorce. I work for the govt and the funding for my position isn't looking good. I have a mortgage among other bills due every month. My managers don't have the final numbers on our budget but you gotta man up and stay optimistic. You sound young why don't you find an apprenticeship for a trade and work your ass off and move up. You don't have to go to college to be successful. Just don't take the easy way out and hurting yourself. It does get better and you'll look back at it all and become stronger.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey man, take a deep breath.  Go outside, look around.  I feel the same sometime.  A little booze don't hurt.  If you serious about typing the letter........remember suicide on hurts those left behind.  The sun will rise tomorrow.  Hang in there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So yeah...IDK why I'm putting this here but whatever. Do any of you ever just want to give up? I mean FFS I just caught myself typing what only could have been a suicide letter just a few minutes ago...I hate college, my grades are awful, I cannot seem to get a job, I cannot sleep at night and when I do, its nightmares. Can't even keep something as simple as a conversation up with a girl and just seem to disappoint my parents at every turn. I don't know what to do anymore.

How do yall get through this crap? Just take it day by day? Moment by moment? Just overhaul everything? I know all of this is my fault and my fault alone but I thought I had all of this behind me but apparently not...
View Quote

If your life isn't what you want it to be, then Change it.    

Literally pick up and move.  Change your surroundings.   Enlist.  Whatever it takes.

What is the one thing that you want to do?

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#19]
No, go get yourself a sheltie, cat, mutt or something and get away for a few days. Pack a tent some food and water and just go. Give yourself some responsibility. Yes people suck, get away from them for a few days. Best thing I ever done was to adopt a dog that needed me, little did I know at the time I needed him more.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So yeah...IDK why I'm putting this here but whatever. Do any of you ever just want to give up? I mean FFS I just caught myself typing what only could have been a suicide letter just a few minutes ago...I hate college, my grades are awful, I cannot seem to get a job, I cannot sleep at night and when I do, its nightmares. Can't even keep something as simple as a conversation up with a girl and just seem to disappoint my parents at every turn. I don't know what to do anymore.

How do yall get through this crap? Just take it day by day? Moment by moment? Just overhaul everything? I know all of this is my fault and my fault alone but I thought I had all of this behind me but apparently not...
View Quote

Hey, everyone feels like that at times. Get some exercise, go to Church, pray! Whatever it takes to find one small positive vibe and go with it. You're young and you have it going in a good direction . You have more going for you than a lot of people. Take that into consideration and FOCUS on moving forward.

Do not do something that will ruin the progress you've made in your life. It's as simple as saying you're happy and keeping it together one day at a time.

Cheers!

ILB
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Stand on yer hind legs, Sonny, and quit yer snivelin'.

Life's tough so you'll appreciate your achievements more.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I died in 75 and God gave me a second chance, you really don't know how sweet just being alive is.
View Quote
Indeed.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No, go get yourself a sheltie, cat, mutt or something and get away for a few days. Pack a tent some food and water and just go. Give yourself some responsibility. Yes people suck, get away from them for a few days. Best thing I ever done was to adopt a dog that needed me, little did I know at the time I needed him more.
View Quote

This...adopt a dog.  you will be dependent on each other which will be good for you.

Just to give you a bit more perspective.....after battling my way thru college, the rest of my 56 years has been 2 divorces and last but certainly not least...a liver transplant.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I died in 75 and God gave me a second chance, you really don't know how sweet just being alive is.
View Quote

Amen.

God is good.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#27]
1. Turn feeling of being overwhelmed into spite
2. Slowly change your metabolism to be fueled by now abundant spite
3. Direct your spite fueled energy towards productive endeavors
4. ???
5. Profit

ETA: This is only partially tongue in cheek OP.  I grew up being told by everyone around me what I couldn't do, couldn't compete, couldn't whatever.  It made me feel bad, to the point that I believed it and quit trying.  I didn't have some magic epiphany but one day I realized the only reason they were right was because I believed it.  So instead of making me feel bad, it started making me mad.  And from that point on, I was able to focus on succeeding in things other people said I couldn't or shouldn't, out of spite, to prove them wrong.  At some point I realized that the reason they told me I couldn't, was because they couldn't.

That's what most people think, when they don't have the immediate answer.  That it can't be done by someone "normal."  They should hire a professional.  Or someone gifted enough to get a certain degree.  Or whatever, anything but work through doing it themselves the hard way.

Don't be like them.  Be in spite of them.  They're disdainful, useless people.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

go to college <----- you are here
get a soul destroying job
have the government take half your money
meet a women
get married
buy a money pit house in the burbs
have a couple kids
buy tons of shit you dont need to try and grasp for meaning in your life
get fat
get diabeetus
get estrogenized
have midlife crisis
take pills to make your dick work so you can bang prostitutes instead of your fat wife
get divorced and have your wife take the other half of your money
die alone
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#29]

+1

My friend does 'weather' in the Air Force. His off base housing which is his monthly rent check is paid for. In fact the AF gives him more then his rent amount and he pockets the rest.. They pay some of his power bill. He gets a groceries and clothing allowance. So with his actual salary he can save or do what he wants with. Lots of vacation time. It seems like he goes on vacations every time you turn around. The USAF sick leave is awesome. He milked an injury and didn't work for over a year and still got paid. Went back for a few weeks and the 'injury' flared back up and he sat out another 6 months.

His schedule is literally:

Sunday- Return home late in the evening from partying out of town all weekend and rest.
Monday- Still sleeping at home to recover from weekend
Tuesday- work for 6-8 hours
Wednesday- work for 6-8 hours
Thursday- out of town partying
Friday- out of town partying
Saturday- out of town partying

AND REPEAT.........

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't give up, I have been quite entertained by your posts.

I would suggest altering your situation. Either in a small way. (Go shooting, watch a half decent movie.)  Or perhaps something more permanent like I am trying to do.

If you need to talk feel free to IM me. Though I admit I probably wouldn't be much help, at least I know I am no longer the kind of person who would tell someone to jump.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#32]
How are you doing, OP?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

IDK how .mil feels about two fucked ankles and a brain cyst...but I'm working on getting in shape so that and other things become an option
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Join the military, see some stuff, get some perspective.

Then finish school when you have more appreciation for it.

IDK how .mil feels about two fucked ankles and a brain cyst...but I'm working on getting in shape so that and other things become an option

Parlez-vous français?  FFL may be an option.

ETA Beat by nine days...
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#34]
I stopped trying to keep with everybody and the system and just did what made me happy and get up outta bed in the morning.  I couldn't be happier to leave that world behind.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#35]
As messed up as it is, when I get down I sometimes make it through the day by searching google images like this or worse.

Without fail it will bring up some where they're smiling and it shows I'm an idiot for whining for my first world problems...
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:41:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How are you doing, OP?
View Quote

I'm doing better. Things are still kinda crappy with all the stress over school (hence this late response, pulling an all-nighter) but beyond that, better. At least the pup isn't sick anymore and I managed to get a job that aughta start sometime next week. To celebrate the end of the semester, I'm going to go camping (even if its just me) so thats something to look forward to. Its gonna be a crazy few weeks up until then but I cannot wait.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Sitting in my pickup right now debating on whether or not to drive to the beach and finally off myself.

It never gets better.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:58:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Nope.

You're just young if still doing college.
Once you work though some challenges in life and over come them, you'll gain confidence that it can be repeated.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:12:25 AM EDT
[#39]
We've all been there and we've all gotten through it. The ones that quit are fucking dead and have nothing to show for it. Don't be a pussy ass quitter, life is worth living no matter how hard it is.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:17:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sitting in my pickup right now debating on whether or not to drive to the beach and finally off myself.

It never gets better.
View Quote

Is it truly that bad?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:41:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We've all been there and we've all gotten through it. The ones that quit are fucking dead and have nothing to show for it. Don't be a pussy ass quitter, life is worth living no matter how hard it is.
View Quote

When I see a statement like that, it makes me think that the author probably has never had it really, really rough. There are some ordeals for which "quitting" is actually an appropriate choice.

In the OP's case, it sounds like his issues are temporary in nature, and capable of being resolved.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:45:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It never gets better.
View Quote

Dude, don't you want to get the best value out of your Life Membership?

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:48:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My advice?  First off don't beat yourself up or get hungup on shit you can't control.  Trouble with women?  Don't try so hard...Go out and do stuff, shooting, camping, hiking, working out etc...Guess what?  Women like to do that stuff also so that increases your odds of finding someone you are compatible with.   If not, again don't beat yourself up.

Grades.  What exactly is the issue?  Not studying ?   Don't understand the material? Can't focus? If the first, than start working harder...if the second, seek help via the teachers or a tutor, if the third, than either seek help in that or learn how to focus.

Honestly though, it sounds like you have some issues or depression you are working through...It couldn't hurt to go talk to a school guidance counselor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

think its hard now?  You're at the easy part.

Oh believe me I know

My advice?  First off don't beat yourself up or get hungup on shit you can't control.  Trouble with women?  Don't try so hard...Go out and do stuff, shooting, camping, hiking, working out etc...Guess what?  Women like to do that stuff also so that increases your odds of finding someone you are compatible with.   If not, again don't beat yourself up.

Grades.  What exactly is the issue?  Not studying ?   Don't understand the material? Can't focus? If the first, than start working harder...if the second, seek help via the teachers or a tutor, if the third, than either seek help in that or learn how to focus.

Honestly though, it sounds like you have some issues or depression you are working through...It couldn't hurt to go talk to a school guidance counselor.

Excellent advice here OP.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:50:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quit that 4 year college bullshit and go to trade school. My attitude towards life and my grades dramatically improved when I did.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:59:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Life really isn't that hard.

1. Establish objectives
2. Assess current status, strengths / weaknesses (relative to the things you need to do to reach #1)
3. Establish a plan to get from where you are to where you want to be
4. Leverage strengths / address weaknesses sufficiently to carry out said plan
5. Reassess as you go along to ensure the task at hand is still the optimal way to enact the plan
6. Be patient, buckle down, and fight through the inevitable work that is required to accomplish anything worthwhile / challenging.

Once you reach your objectives, rinse and repeat.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:04:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Fucking up is a part of life.....youll learn from it and get better. Don't sweat it......its all good.
View Quote

Best advice.

The downs make the ups even sweeter.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:05:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Join the Army.  That checks the job box.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:06:26 AM EDT
[#48]
A fap, nap, and a snack always helped me.
Although not suicidal, I get the feeling of not knowing what to do. I'm going through the that right now.
It's weird how grades can snowball so quickly next thing you know you're failing two classes and thinking about joining the .mil
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:09:18 AM EDT
[#49]
If your under 28, go join the USMC, or some other branch and go out and blow sheite up or shoot people. Or learn a trade they offer or something like that.

Get out of the basement and live. If married and she is a bitch, dump her ass. If dating and she is a bitch, dump her ass. If alone, go to POF or something and dump her ass.

OK, I lost my train of thought, I had to get another beer out of the fridge...

Fk, I cant remember what the fk we we were taling abouI need to fininsh t his bee t I gor ta aned get baclk to the subject

Or dreink heavily on your off time and enjoy the sheite out of work and the perf docs you get from your supetriors about you lack of custometr servce skills in dealing with inmatas and explaiuning why you had to dump a pice of shit oin a daily basis beacause ytey were assholes
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:21:34 AM EDT
[#50]
never.keep moving forward shit happens and you get over it,stay strong.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top