Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 10:58:24 AM EDT
...unless of course you aren't seriously looking for information and just wish to clutter GD with questions better asked elsewhere.

That is all for today's PSA.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
God forbid people discuss things on a message board devoted to general discussions.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
So, how DO you magnetize a screwdriver?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey OP, how close are we to sending energy through the air like a wifi signal? I mean like a router type thing in your house that would power all your electronic devices without cords. Your phones and tablets would always stay 100% charged through the air just from being in your house.

I guess I could search elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#4]
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

When I have a questions I usually include "I searched the web to no avail" or "there are many answers on the web, I am wondering if any ARFCOMers have insight they would share".  Or sometimes "I have no idea how to start researching this problem".

It looks good if you've demonstrated that you tried to solve the problem before seeking help.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
God forbid people discuss things on a message board devoted to general discussions.
View Quote

God forbid that people do a simple internet search before asking simple questions.
It's like going to a fight.
Don't you want to know how to fight before you actually participate in one?

I would rather bring a gun to a fist fight.

Simple Simon: "What's Coachella?"

Everyone else: "Google, it's a motherfucker".

Educated Ed: "Fuck me, I had never heard of Coachella until this week.
I had to Google the motherfucker.
Who's ever been and what's it all about (besides being a City in Riverside and a music festival?"

See how that works?  

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#6]
whats an coachela
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Just don't image search married white couple, and you won't be lied to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

When I have a questions I usually include "I searched the web to no avail" or "there are many answers on the web, I am wondering if any ARFCOMers have insight they would share".  Or sometimes "I have no idea how to start researching this problem".

It looks good if you've demonstrated that you tried to solve the problem before seeking help.
View Quote

This part, it's my point exactly.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, how DO you magnetize a screwdriver?  
View Quote

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=How+do+you+magnetize+a+screwdriver%3F

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey OP, how close are we to sending energy through the air like a wifi signal? I mean like a router type thing in your house that would power all your electronic devices without cords. Your phones and tablets would always stay 100% charged through the air just from being in your house.

I guess I could search elsewhere.
View Quote

We can do that now. All it takes is a cheap microwave oven, the kind with a mechanical timer you turn, a cordless charging cell phone, and a little rigging. The first step is to take the door off the microwave and disable the safety that keeps the microwave from turning on until the door is closed. Then you rig up the timer so the microwave is always on. The last step is to set the open and always on microwave in the corner of the room you want to wirelessly charge in.

This works because microwaves just happen to use the same frequencies to cook that those wireless phone charging pads use to charge phones.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Google is like the wild west.  Might see a breast or something.

GD is a safe space.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

God forbid that people do a simple internet search before asking simple questions.

Who's ever been and what's it all about (besides being a City in Riverside and a music festival?"

See how that works?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how that works?  

Fantastic example!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
...unless of course you aren't seriously looking for information and just wish to clutter GD with questions better asked elsewhere.

That is all for today's PSA.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

A.W.D.
View Quote

Google this: " how we gonna make fun of somebody if they use Google beforehand?"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top