Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#1]
my man adam bubblegum jones for page two ownage!!

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#2]
anyone page motown steve yet??????

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure he already knows the Tigers are going to suck again
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

shots fired
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/BfCqUfK.jpg
View Quote

I'm calling it on page 2. Orioles win AL East this year.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Completely optional.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A look at MLB's new approved headgear for pitchers. So svelte.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbvZp7AWAAAV39x.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbvZp65W0AAUXvu.jpg

Are those going to be mandatory or optional?

Completely optional.

I'd take my chances with a line drive than wear that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but could swear that somebody mentioned that he was locked/banned from GD late last year.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#8]
The defense of the World Seriers title begins! Go Royals!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but could swear that somebody mentioned that he was locked/banned from GD late last year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunate if true. His tirades brought the laughs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's gonna be a brutal division this year and I could see last place easy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought he claimed something about getting kicked out of Great Lakes for asthma but the paperwork he posted showed other wise.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

False.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I thought he claimed something about getting kicked out of Great Lakes for asthma but the paperwork he posted showed other wise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also false.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Motown has his own Tigers thread in the Michigan HTF.

If he's reading this, Rangers are looking pretty solid! But really, our bullpen is shaping up extra nice. I love a good bullpen.

ETA d'oh

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Also false.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also false.

My Mistake

ARCHIVED THREAD - Proof that I am a coward, a chicken hawk and a liar

Welcome back, how do you think Verlander is going to do this season?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#16]
With the Tigers going to suck and all, you guys seem awfully concerned about them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

False.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

False.

Ha. Welcome to the party, pal.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

False.

YES!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully they follow their recent every other year trend and this season it's the WS!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Betts is the future. Their outfield defense is going to be sick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty excited about my Red Sox. They may not be a WS team but I think they'll be pretty good.
Mookie is from the Nashville area. I really like the kid, and think he's the next McCutchen. The AL East is going to be really competitive this season.  

Outfield should be the least of the Red Sox problems this year. Solid OF & spine of the infield in good shape. Time for the Panda to earn his pay. Afraid Hanley will be a bombscare at 1B. Zero faith in him after seeing his "who cares" Manny Ramirez imitation in LF last season. Pitching still a bit question mark for me. Dunno which Buchholz will show up. Still not sold on Poorcello. Hope Rodriguez improves. Love the Kimbrel signing but hoping it's not a repeat of the last time we bought a top rated closer.

Still, I'm hopeful...have tix to a couple games in May, so we'll be heading up to Fenway from PA not too long from now.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Go Stros!

Gonna be nice to (hopefully) have a full year of Springer Dingers, Captain Correa, and Go-Go at full speed.

Bummed that Gattis is going to miss most of spring training with a sports hernia, but El Oso Blanco will be back in full force by May.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Go Stros!

Gonna be nice to (hopefully) have a full year of Springer Dingers, Captain Correa, and Go-Go at full speed.

Bummed that Gattis is going to miss most of spring training with a sports hernia, but El Oso Blanco will be back in full force by May.
View Quote

Should be interesting to see where they go this year.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Outfield should be the least of the Red Sox problems this year. Solid OF & spine of the infield in good shape. Time for the Panda to earn his pay. Afraid Hanley will be a bombscare at 1B. Zero faith in him after seeing his "who cares" Manny Ramirez imitation in LF last season. Pitching still a bit question mark for me. Dunno which Buchholz will show up. Still not sold on Poorcello. Hope Rodriguez improves. Love the Kimbrel signing but hoping it's not a repeat of the last time we bought a top rated closer.

Still, I'm hopeful...have tix to a couple games in May, so we'll be heading up to Fenway from PA not too long from now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty excited about my Red Sox. They may not be a WS team but I think they'll be pretty good.
Mookie is from the Nashville area. I really like the kid, and think he's the next McCutchen. The AL East is going to be really competitive this season.  

Good luck with that

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#24]
O's signed Dexter Fowler ($35MM) coming on the heels of signing Yovanni Gallardo the other day. Decent parts; Fowler is sort of like Markakis in that he gets on base, but hits for more power and less average. I worry about Gallardo regressing to late Milwaukee version and getting hammered in Camden, in that division (assuming the physical works out).
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I hate that Gallardo is gone. He was good for us.

I still feel if we had thrown him in game five we would've stood a better chance.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
O's signed Dexter Fowler ($35MM) coming on the heels of signing Yovanni Gallardo the other day. Decent parts; Fowler is sort of like Markakis in that he gets on base, but hits for more power and less average. I worry about Gallardo regressing to late Milwaukee version and getting hammered in Camden, in that division (assuming the physical works out).
View Quote

Just heard that Baltimore Doctors found something they didn't like with Gallardo's medical exam. He was never officially signed, it was always pending a medical exam. I'm sure the docs are blowing smoke up his ass so Baltimore can try and sign him cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:50:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Just heard that Baltimore Doctors found something they didn't like with Gallardo's medical exam. He was never officially signed, it was always pending a medical exam. I'm sure the docs are blowing smoke up his ass so Baltimore can try and sign him cheaper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

O's are known for that shit, happened with balfour i think two seasons ago, a physical issue after he agreed to a contract, o's passed on him and he ended up having his worst career year.  i still haven't found out what they found wrong with gallardo, but they ended up signing him to a slight lesser contract, it's almost identical but the third year is the option.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:51:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I still feel if we had thrown him in game five we would've stood a better chance.
View Quote

hmmm... that's one of the craziest games i've ever watched... i felt hamels pitched a hell of a game and even though he loaded the bases that loss wasn't on him
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey, good to see you back Motown!

If one of y'all wants to start up a league I'll play. And can get at least one or two others to join.

Yu Darvish is baack. So fuck everyone else in the West.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:06:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's that time again. Spring is getting close, and pitchers are reporting to camp. The Cubs are going to be really good (let that sink in). The Royals just beat the Mets in a World Series. What a fascinating age we live in.

Projection models are starting to roll out, and there are still a few big free agents out there that haven't signed yet so I'll bump news and interesting stuff until Opening Day. It'll be here before we know it.

Here are some projections put together by smart people.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/fantasy/dc/

http://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts.aspx?position=Standings

2015 AL West Champs, Go Rangers!

http://www.christiessportsbar.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Texas_Rangers8.jpg

View Quote

Smart people think the Royals are back to dead last in their division after two World Series appearances and a world championship.  Ok.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
hmmm... that's one of the craziest games i've ever watched... i felt hamels pitched a hell of a game and even though he loaded the bases that loss wasn't on him
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, Hamels did pitch well. But Yovani shut the jays down every time he pitched against them, including no runs in game two.

Its all speculation though. I'm not saying we would've won, but I would've thrown Yovani.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Smart people think the Royals are back to dead last in their division after two World Series appearances and a world championship.  Ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's that time again. Spring is getting close, and pitchers are reporting to camp. The Cubs are going to be really good (let that sink in). The Royals just beat the Mets in a World Series. What a fascinating age we live in.

Projection models are starting to roll out, and there are still a few big free agents out there that haven't signed yet so I'll bump news and interesting stuff until Opening Day. It'll be here before we know it.

That one is odd. Can't see them finishing behind Minnesota or Detroit, but I bet that division is a logjam of mediocre-decent teams.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, Hamels did pitch well. But Yovani shut the jays down every time he pitched against them, including no runs in game two.

Its all speculation though. I'm not saying we would've won, but I would've thrown Yovani.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The infield decided they wanted to play like little leaguers that inning, I don't put Game 5 on Cole.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That one is odd. Can't see them finishing behind Minnesota or Detroit, but I bet that division is a logjam of mediocre-decent teams.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same as the last two years, and other than Zobrist's bat not much has changed from last year.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#35]
On one hand I'm excited baseball is around the corner but on the other hand I know the Braves are going to be dreadful again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
On one hand I'm exciting baseball is around the corner but on the other hand I know the Braves are going to be dreadful again.
View Quote

They are going to be truly awful. In preparation, I explained to my 9 year old how bad the Braves were in the late 80s, but they did some of it on purpose and had a great 15 year run after. He was not impressed, but he didn't live thru the times where one did not ask, "Did the Braves win?" but "How much did they lose by?" I told him they were so bad that I had to cheer for the Mets for awhile because they were actually good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
On one hand I'm exciting baseball is around the corner but on the other hand I know the Braves are going to be dreadful again.
View Quote

I am excited to see Hector the Defector lives up to the hype.

I think I am still in shock from the Heyward trade last December
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The infield decided they wanted to play like little leaguers that inning, I don't put Game 5 on Cole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Elvis still blows my mind.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Same as the last two years, and other than Zobrist's bat not much has changed from last year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullpen regression is baked in. Tons of mileage on davis's and Holland arms.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Dexter Fowler NOT signing with Orioles anymore, lol.

Back with the Cubs on a 1-yr deal. Weird.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:19:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

he passed on $33 mil, then $22 mil, and settled for like $10?????

oh well... i think the o's didn't wanna give him an opt out after the first two years
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:24:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

oh well... i think the o's didn't wanna give him an opt out after the first two years
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he wanted an opt out after 1 year. The O's weren't willing to lose a draft pick over a possible 1 year signing so he had a fit and left. I swear soon players are going to start to ask for July opt out clauses.

Hopefully the O's can do something with that money before April.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I think he wanted an opt out after 1 year. The O's weren't willing to lose a draft pick over a possible 1 year signing so he had a fit and left. I swear soon players are going to start to ask for July opt out clauses.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's right... are any other big FAs available???

i even heard cespedes turned down the $100 mil that was still on the table after davis signed.... fuck man, must be nice to be able to turn down that money... but when you have a different exotic car for everyday of the week i imagine it's not that hard.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#44]
So the Rangers end up with Ian Desmond in LF on a 1-yr deal. Not bad. He's a better player than he showed last year, but he is 30 now.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So the Rangers end up with Ian Desmond in LF on a 1-yr deal. Not bad. He's a better player than he showed last year, but he is 30 now.
View Quote

and he completely fucked himself by turning down a 7 year $107 mil deal from the nationals... what an idiot.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Wonder if they'll dump Hamilton? They're wasting time and money with him, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wonder if they'll dump Hamilton? They're wasting time and money with him, IMO.
View Quote

Nah, they don't have much money in him IIRC anyways. They can straight platoon him against righties/night games when Desmond or Elvis needs a day off.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#48]
God damn spring training is looooooonnnggg... Opening day here yet???
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Less than two weeks.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 5:47:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, Opening Day is finally upon us

GO STROS!
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top