Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Rockies called up Dahl tonight. Thought about picking him up on fantasy but passed him up so a buddy who's been wanting him could grab him.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you are talking about these then I can understand. They were pretty bad looking at the time, but a cool throwback with some color for sure.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=90432

The Astros also had the best throwbacks too . I can remember MLB telling the Astros they couldn't have the gun on the uniform for the throwbacks and the Astros telling them to FOAD

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=90433
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In his defense a lot of teams 70's and 80s jerseys deserve to remain in the past, and that especially applies to the CWS and the Astros.

If you are talking about these then I can understand. They were pretty bad looking at the time, but a cool throwback with some color for sure.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=90432

The Astros also had the best throwbacks too . I can remember MLB telling the Astros they couldn't have the gun on the uniform for the throwbacks and the Astros telling them to FOAD

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=90433

I only wear my O's hats, I have a dodger hat for living out here, but don't wear it. The only other hat I have that gets worn every once and a while is that .45s throwback hat, it's so awesome.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Only 3 back of the Giants and charging fast!

Chris
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://rs968.pbsrc.com/albums/ae170/multihardy26/Dodgers/dodgers-1.jpg~c200

Chris
View Quote

Their bullpen is still shakey, but I'm surprised their that close right make especially sans kershaw.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Extended BP in Houston today
View Quote

Here's hoping they continue that today with BREGATRON coming up from AAA!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Reimold with the pinch hit walkoff, FTW!

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Their bullpen is still shakey, but I'm surprised their that close right make especially sans kershaw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://rs968.pbsrc.com/albums/ae170/multihardy26/Dodgers/dodgers-1.jpg~c200

Chris

The Dodgers are a very injured team right now and it's not just Kershaw.

If you think about it, we're actually playing pretty killer ball.

Shit, we went ahead in the top of the 9th in St. Louis Friday night and gave up the tying run in the bottom of the inning with two outs, only to go16 innings and lose, otherwise it would have been a sweep against the Cards.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Fucking A. Pick up Shipley in fantasy. Figure, "hey, it's the Dbacks #1 prospect, what can go wrong?"

You think I'd learn after picking up Glasnow.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Let's see if the juice is worth the squeeze.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:36:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Chapman to the Cubs... Nats are regretting not moving on that one faster.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#11]
The Nats said they wanted Chapman but were not willing to give up that many players to only have Chapman for a few months.  He is a free agent after this year.  But Papelbon blew another save last night so they better get some bullpen help soon.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Nats said they wanted Chapman but were not willing to give up that many players to only have Chapman for a few months.  He is a free agent after this year.  But Papelbon blew another save last night so they better get some bullpen help soon.
View Quote

Wonder if there's any truth to the Wade Davis being pursued by the Nationals rumors?  The Royals needed to win this series against the Angels to have a realistic shot at making the playoffs and that didn't happen.  Best closers don't matter if your starters don't keep you in the game.  Davis might be the guy the Nationals need.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pap is trash.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wonder if there's any truth to the Wade Davis being pursued by the Nationals rumors?  The Royals needed to win this series against the Angels to have a realistic shot at making the playoffs and that didn't happen.  Best closers don't matter if your starters don't keep you in the game.  Davis might be the guy the Nationals need.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing from our GM Rizzo about Davis but on MLB network the analysts have been saying that would be a good fit.  I would like to see the Nats pick up at least 2 quality bullpen arms.

And yes I agree, Pap is trash.  Not only does his attitude suck but he topped out at 89 last night.  That is just batting practice.

Strasburg did pickup another win this afternoon to give him a 14-1 record this year with a 2.68 ERA.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nothing from our GM Rizzo about Davis but on MLB network the analysts have been saying that would be a good fit.  I would like to see the Nats pick up at least 2 quality bullpen arms.

And yes I agree, Pap is trash.  Not only does his attitude suck but he topped out at 89 last night.  That is just batting practice.

Strasburg did pickup another win this afternoon to give him a 14-1 record this year with a 2.68 ERA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Networks love putting click bait bullshit out there. But I do wonder if KC wouldn't mind stocking up on some prospects.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Nationals got Mark Melancon from the Pirates today and didn't really give up much to trade for him.....a lefty big league reliever that's not real great and a minor league pitcher.  Even if we don't resign Melancon at the end of the season we paid a small price to get him for the rest of this season.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Only ONE Manager has been Fired This Season!  

I wonder if that means there's going to be a bloody Off-Season
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

In a month or so their pitching will be circling the bowl and their boppers will be on the DL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

In a month or so their pitching will be circling the bowl and their boppers will be on the DL.

O's fading fast just like I predicted a month ago.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 3:02:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they've hit a rough patch for sure.. but there are still plenty of games left.. when the SP is good they can't hit, when they hit their SP isn't good, when the SP suffers they can't get to their light's out bullpen...

i still got faith.. it can all come together...and yes, it can all go to shit as well, just hoping for the former!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 3:02:50 AM EDT
[#20]
SD traded matt kemp to atlanta and immediately dumped the player they traded him for... wow, from almost MVP to this.. he should start juicing again...
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Arfcom member Spankadin's brother, Jonathan Lucroy, might be headed to the Cleveland Indians...

According to reports, the Brewers would receive four minor league prospects from the Indians. Included among the prospects are prized switch-hitting catcher Francisco Mejia, 20, and outfielder Greg Allen, 23.

Shortstop Yu-Cheng Chang, 20, would also be headed to Milwaukee, along with another prospect.

Lucroy, 30, must first approve the deal because of his limited no-trade clause that allows him to block trades to eight teams, including the Indians.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Arfcom member Spankadin's brother, Jonathan Lucroy, might be headed to the Cleveland Indians...

https://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp107/mlucroy/35878916-CDA0-49FD-B635-362FD2BC45EC_zpsk3ioehea.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

According to reports, the Brewers would receive four minor league prospects from the Indians. Included among the prospects are prized switch-hitting catcher Francisco Mejia, 20, and outfielder Greg Allen, 23.

Shortstop Yu-Cheng Chang, 20, would also be headed to Milwaukee, along with another prospect.

Lucroy, 30, must first approve the deal because of his limited no-trade clause that allows him to block trades to eight teams, including the Indians.

https://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp107/mlucroy/35878916-CDA0-49FD-B635-362FD2BC45EC_zpsk3ioehea.jpg
Really hope he goes. He will do wonders for an already stellar team this year. Cleveland is playoff bound and the way they're playing who knows what could happen.  Lucroy can definitely help them too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Nvm. He just vetoed the trade
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Can't really blame Lucroy.  Indians plan would make him a part time catcher in 2017 affecting his value in free agency.  He asked Indians to eliminate 2017  club option and they said no.  So he vetoed the deal.  At least that is what Ken Rosenthal is reporting.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

He's a man among men! Outstanding decision Johnathan! Keep being awesome!
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Are Mets still on the board for Lucroy?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Only ONE Manager has been Fired This Season!  

I wonder if that means there's going to be a bloody Off-Season
View Quote

And that was a bad firing too. Trade away the entire team and then fire the manager because the Braves are a joke? That's straight thinking right there...NOT!
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Reports are that before Miller went to Cleveland the Tigers called on him. The Yankees wanted Michael Fulmer, Matt Boyd and Joe Jimmenez.

And thusly Miller goes to Cleveland.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got done watching Fastball on netflix. Its a documentary of such. Lots of great interviews and old footage. Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Can't really blame Lucroy.  Indians plan would make him a part time catcher in 2017 affecting his value in free agency.  He asked Indians to eliminate 2017  club option and they said no.  So he vetoed the deal.  At least that is what Ken Rosenthal is reporting.
View Quote

Yep. Wouldve loved to have Lucroy here, but lets face it, Gomes is our guy. And when he gets back he'll still be our guy until 2019.

So, nope, dont blame him and wish him the best.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm glad we didn't give up half our farm for Sale. He would've been a big help but they wanted too much.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Just got done watching Fastball on netflix. Its a documentary of such. Lots of great interviews and old footage. Highly recommended.
View Quote

I just saw they added it.

I'll watch it tonight. The ESPN game is Cubs vs. Mariners and I'm sick of watching Cubs games. MLB Network must have shown 50 Cubs games this year already.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#35]
At the very end they have a little scientific study of who has probably thrown the fastest pitches in baseball history; analyzing old data. That was pretty interesting.

Its not Chapman, although hes up there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Back to back sweeps of the Red Sux and Astros!
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'll watch it tonight. The ESPN game is Cubs vs. Mariners and I'm sick of watching Cubs games. MLB Network must have shown 50 Cubs games this year already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like 25. Thankful for that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Yep. Wouldve loved to have Lucroy here, but lets face it, Gomes is our guy. And when he gets back he'll still be our guy until 2019.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is exactly what happened. They wouldn't guarantee him any playing time fter this year so he turned it down. I don't blame him one bit. But the Indians put a huge price tag on him.

Now let's see what the Rangers have to say
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

they've hit a rough patch for sure.. but there are still plenty of games left.. when the SP is good they can't hit, when they hit their SP isn't good, when the SP suffers they can't get to their light's out bullpen...

i still got faith.. it can all come together...and yes, it can all go to shit as well, just hoping for the former!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

O's are definitely a force to reckoned with and could end up winners of the AL East.
If the Jay's had any middle relief we would be miles ahead. Pen is last in inherited runners scoring.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Rosenthal:

The A's are trying to sign Rich Hill to a contract, while listening to trade offers. It looks like they are trying to keep him but are open to trading him if he won't take a contract.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This is exactly what happened. They wouldn't guarantee him any playing time fter this year so he turned it down. I don't blame him one bit. But the Indians put a huge price tag on him.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the Rangers would make a great fit.  I'd love to see Lucroy really show his top notch skills with a team that is successful for more than just this year.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I think the Rangers would make a great fit.  I'd love to see Lucroy really show his top notch skills with a team that is successful for more than just this year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm liking Lucroy as long as we don't come close to what the sox were wanting for Sale. I figure Profar or Gallo will be in the deal, hopefully not both. To me, Mazara shouldn't even be in the discussion. He's too good now, and with Choo now moving in with the training/rehab staff we can't lose a solid OF.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I'm liking Lucroy as long as we don't come close to what the sox were wanting for Sale. I figure Profar or Gallo will be in the deal, hopefully not both. To me, Mazara shouldn't even be in the discussion. He's too good now, and with Choo now moving in with the training/rehab staff we can't lose a solid OF.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't see Lucroy fetching a haul like Sale. Sale is the best left handed starter in the American League and he has another year, plus two years of team options for peanuts (relatively speaking, I could retire and live like a king on 50% of his 2017 salary). Lucroy is good, but he isn't that highly valued.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:46:11 AM EDT
[#44]

i missed my chance to post that on you...
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:46:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Reports are that before Miller went to Cleveland the Tigers called on him. The Yankees wanted Michael Fulmer, Matt Boyd and Joe Jimmenez.

And thusly Miller goes to Cleveland.
View Quote

welcome back to the thread... glad you could stop by..
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:46:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

couldn't get into it.. wasn't fluid enough for me...
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:47:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Well now that was a surprising win.  I gave up on them when they were down 6-0.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:52:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

holy shit the cubs won!?!?!?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:59:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Lucroy would be cool, but the Rangers need pitching help more. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Trade Deadline fun.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is water wet?  
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top