Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/14/2016 10:03:24 AM EDT
Listening to the debate last night made my head hurt. At least someone finally admitted a big reason why 9.11 happened was Clinton and his pansy ass foreign policy.  Not only did he miss the chance to kill bin laden the Sudanese govt wanted to hand bin laden over to the US.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#1]
well duh
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Allegedly Clinton had another chance to take bin laden it out special forces and didn't.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Only pussies and democrats pass the buck/
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#4]
It was a failure of the intelligence communities of both the Clinton and the Bush administrations.

The data was there, but political inter-agency infighting kept it from being actionable.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was a failure of the intelligence communities of both the Clinton and the Bush administrations.

The data was there, but political inter-agency infighting kept it from being actionable.
View Quote

Bush only had a few months to straighten out the problems. 9-11 falls squarely on Clinton's shoulders
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#7]
But everyone knows it's Bush's fault
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#8]
It is verifiably Clintons fault, but only we seem to remember that.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#9]
You mean 9/11???

9.11 sells BDU's, don't they???  
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Bush only had a few months to straighten out the problems. 9-11 falls squarely on Clinton's shoulders

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But he failed to act on information that was there.  Not really his fault per se, except that he didn't have control of his subordinates, and never got the full picture.  I'm not sure any president ever does.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#11]
You can't wax nostalgically about "muh commander-in-chief" while simultaneously refusing to assign any responsibility to Bush for failing at one of his primary duties. Military officers don't get to blame their predecessors when shit hits the fan.

Some random guy landed a small plane harmlessly in Red Square during the cold war and swaths of soviet officers got axed. Who did Bush fire for 9/11?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Listening to the debate last night made my head hurt. At least someone finally admitted a big reason why 9.11 happened was Clinton and his pansy ass foreign policy.  Not only did he miss the chance to kill bin laden the Sudanese govt wanted to hand bin laden over to the US.
View Quote

You forget his bureaucratic push to triple middle management and reduce operations in the CIA to punish Bush Sr for increasing their capabilities as his favorite group and former employ.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You forget his bureaucratic push to triple middle management and reduce operations in the CIA to punish Bush Sr for increasing their capabilities as his favorite group and former employ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And everyone was absolutely afraid to be the one without the chair if anything went wrong in an effort to capture Bin Laden...and even if Bin Laden was killed incidentally as part of his capture and this happened because some Northern Alliance guy did it but under the guise of the CIA saying go do it...

There were so many wishy-washy directives that its amazing they did as well as they did tracking him in Afghanistan.  Ghost Wars spells a lot of it out.

Also, the initial plant to get Bin Laden post-9/11 in Afghanistan looked similar to what we had been sitting on since the mid-1990's to get him just with more air support (i.e. work with what's left in the North and use SF's).
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Bill Clinton failed to treat the first attack on the WTC as terrorism. That surely encouraged them to go for it again.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. Same thing could happen today.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But he failed to act on information that was there.  Not really his fault per se, except that he didn't have control of his subordinates, and never got the full picture.  I'm not sure any president ever does.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If memory serves W blamed it on agencies/.mil not communicating with each other.....But how many heads rolled over it?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#17]
9.11 happened because you subtracted .89 from 10.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
9.11 happened because you subtracted .89 from 10.
View Quote

GD genius!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

It wasn't in fighting
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Nice try. At least get your facts together.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Bill Clinton failed to treat the first attack on the WTC as terrorism. That surely encouraged them to go for it again.
View Quote

And now we have mass murders by Muslims that are called 'workplace violence.'

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You mean 9/11???

View Quote

Do you mean 5.11?

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If memory serves W blamed it on agencies/.mil not communicating with each other.....But how many heads rolled over it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right.  He did a good job after the fact, by putting those agencies under the authority of DHS.  But like it ALWAYS is when we deal with terrorists, we are faced with a conundrum.  React to attack through method analysis, or gather data intrusively, hoping to prevent attacks.

As Americans, we want to be free from government spying, yet we demand that they stop the threat within our borders.

Sadly, now, we have an administration that spies on its citizens, and allows known threats to infiltrate the nation.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Muslim Brotherhood's fault.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It wasn't in fighting

There was a documentary on the Smithsonian channel that covered Bin Laden's efforts against the US from the 1980s-death (The Hunt for Bin Laden) which covered this a bit.

When the FBI was investigating the Cole bombing agents in the Yemen were on the phone with agents in NY giving names.  There were people there who basically said no, you can't know that name because that is from the CIA, etc.  It was ridiculous.  There were several very animated FBI agents in the documentary that had to be bleeped out over the whole thing.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you mean 5.11?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean 9/11???

Do you mean 5.11?

Ha...  Ha....  Ha...  
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nice try. At least get your facts together.

http://www.swarmandal.com/HillaryClinton/ShuboHillary.jpg
View All Quotes

You know how I know who you are voting for?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Btccw's 3'd law of politics.

Elections have consequences beyond the term of the office holder.

***this is why character matters folks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Because it WAS his fault.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

Technically, Bin Laden's fault.

That said, Clinton's incompetence was an enabler.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Most every nations problems can be traced  to democrats..... we should make liberalism illegal  
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Jesus Fucking Christ, have the members of this site ever had a honest discussion about anything political?  No wonder we are politically screwed as a country, it's always "the other guy", which means nobody will ever have to hold "their guy" to a higher standard, ever.  This country completely deserves the absolutely shitty selection of candidates it has right now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

You can't wax nostalgically about "muh commander-in-chief" while simultaneously refusing to assign any responsibility to Bush for failing at one of his primary duties. Military officers don't get to blame their predecessors when shit hits the fan.

Some random guy landed a small plane harmlessly in Red Square during the cold war and swaths of soviet officers got axed. Who did Bush fire for 9/11?
View Quote
I don't like Jr either but Clinton could have ended it before it started

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#36]
There is nothing a democrat can't fuck up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

how?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#38]
It's the terrorists fault, however Klinton and Bush both knew about this problem and did nothing.

All terrorists have to hunted down and dealt with.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There is nothing a democrat can't fuck up.
View Quote

That is sig line material.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's the terrorists fault, however Klinton and Bush both knew about this problem and did nothing.

View Quote

non-concur.  I think both truly believe islam is a religion of peace.

and thats our problem.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Here is how the Clinton-Reno FBI was tasked in south Arizona, summer of 1999 or 2000 I think, while the guys who flew the planes into the twin towers on 9/11 were training there.  Totally following the Democrat's "right wing domestic terrorist" narrative that they developed after suppressing Islamic connections to Oklahoma City.

If I recall correctly, the FBI agent who did report suspected terrorists getting flight training in the Phoenix area took a bureaucratic beating and was transferred to Chicago.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll never forget Bill Clinton waiving his finger at Chris Wallace...he knows he fucked up.

But beyond that, I didn't watch the jacktard's debate last night.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

and thats our problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and thats our problem.

When Bush included an Imam at the memorial service after 3,000 innocent Americans were murdered in the name of Islam, I wanted beat him over the head with an axe handle.

No upright American should have agreed to that PC fuckery

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Both parties are to blame.

Both parties have supported open borders and have both refused to stop illegal immigration, in fact both parties have ramped it up. From Clinton to Bush II putting US border guards in prison for shooting Mexican drug dealers crossing our border.

Were those terrorists flying those planes on 9/11 Americans? Or were most here on expired visas staying in the US illegally?

Have either of the two parties done anything to expel people in staying in the US illegally? Hell, even Carter expelled Iranian students after the hostage crisis...lets see that happen now with a Globalist controlled media spewing "racist" at every turn.

Did Bush II make attempts to expel Muslim extremists staying here illegally after 9/11? Nope, instead he called Islam the religion of peace instead like good little Globalist Merkel-like puppet.

There's your problem...and only one candidate brought this issue of illegal immigration and Muslim migration to the forefront.

You want change, vote for change.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#45]
All stems from failed immigration policies.
Clinton's failures are epic, but so many failed to investigate the information coming in.

Fact is that the buck stops with the President who is in office, whether good or bad, and this one falls squarely
on Bush. We were attacked under his watch, and the subsequent invasion of Iraq was total BS.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember Bin Laden's press brief when he declared war on the United States in the 90s. Should have killed him within a week of that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

When Bush included an Imam at the memorial service after 3,000 innocent Americans were murdered in the name of Islam, I wanted beat him over the head with an axe handle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and thats our problem.

the man responsible for that is currently on the NRA board of directors, btw.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and thats our problem.

I thought he stepped down.  

I agree with OP.  I was banging my head against the wall listening to that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nope.

During the NRA’s 2015 annual meeting in Nashville, Tennessee (April 10-12), Norquist was re-elected to the NRA Board of Directors amidst much controversy. The controversy stemmed from claims [1] made by Center for Security Policy (CSP) President Frank Gaffney, who accused Norquist of abetting the Muslim Brotherhood. There didn’t seem to be any actual evidence for the accusation beyond the fact that Norquist married into a Palestinian family, however. On February 19, 2015 Norquist wrote, “I have…a stalker whose conspiracy theory is that I ran the [George W.] Bush White House and presidency. And that I used my superpowers to one single end. To keep him [Frank Gaffney] from being employed in the Bush Defense Department and from being recognized as this generation’s Winston Churchill [2].” In the wake of the convention, Norquist temporarily suspended his activities as a board member until an NRA investigation [3] of him requested by conspiracy theorist Glenn Beck [4] could be completed. Beck had threatened to leave the NRA if Norquist was re-elected to the board.

And that is a big giant strawman.  Then he attacks Gaffney.

Norquist's connection to the muslim brotherhood run deep.

rover Norquist was on the Islamic payroll before and after the carnage of September 11. Gaffney revealed Norquist's close ties to Abdurahman Alamoudi, who is now serving twenty-three years in prison for financing jihad activity. In 2000, Alamoudi said at a rally, "I have been labeled by the media in New York to be a supporter of Hamas. Anybody support Hamas here? ... Hear that, Bill Clinton? We are all supporters of Hamas. I wished they added that I am also a supporter of Hezb'allah." Alamoudi was at that time head of the now-defunct "moderate" group known as American Muslim Council (AMC), and he was active in other Muslim groups in the U.S. that showed sympathy to or support for jihadists. And Alamoudi, according to Gaffney, gave $50,000 to the lobbying group Janus-Merritt Strategies, which Norquist co-founded.

Alamoudi's money bought influence. Gaffney wrote in 2003: "It seems unlikely that even in Alamoudi's wildest dreams he could have imagined the extent of the access, influence and legitimacy the American Muslim Council and allied Islamist organizations would be able to secure in Republican circles, thanks to the investment they began in 1998 in a relationship with Norquist."

Alamoudi also helped found Norquist's Islamic Institute with a $10,000 loan and a gift of another $10,000. The founding director of the Islamic Institute is Khaled Saffuri, a Palestinian Muslim who had previously been active in Islamic groups in Bosnia, where Islamic jihadists from all over the world gathered "to establish," says Gaffney, "a beachhead on the continent of Europe." Gaffney adds that Saffuri "has acknowledged personally supporting the families of suicide bombers -- even though, in public settings, he strenuously denies having done so." Saffuri also denounced Bush's shutdown of the Holy Land Foundation, which was funneling charitable contributions to Hamas.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top