Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/14/2016 1:17:41 AM EDT
Need a new matress, got a baby on the way and don't want to drop the money on a Tempurpedic

Seems like there are some cheaper highly rated options but it's hard to wade through everything

What are you using?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:23:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Sleep innovations from Amazon, for somewhere between 2-3 years now. I have spent twice the money on the big three and got the same life..
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:24:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought this Sealy from Amazon for $598 delivered about two years ago.  It's been a great bed.

If you watch the price it will fluctuate quite a bit, might get lucky depending on your time frame.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a $2500 Sealy mattress. I got it for free.

Grandparents bought it and it was too soft for them. They gave it to me (less than 1 year) and they ended up buy the top of the line Sleep Number.

I love the sealy mattress.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:31:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a 3" thick queen sized foam topper from a guy I worked with who slept on it once and hated it. I gave him $60, he paid $200 at Costco. It is fucking awesome and way better than $3K+ on a fucking Tempurpedic.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a serta icomfort, it's great.. only trouble I've had so far was when I made the mistake of not getting full body shots of a girl off tinder.. since she was already here, I said fuck it.. that whale caused a huge dip in the mattress.. live and learn I guess
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I just bought a Casper which is a medium density foam mattress.  So far we really like it. Sleeps cool and a nice mix of soft and firm.  $950 for a california king too is hard to beat
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:38:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Costco has a memory foam one that's gel cool for 600 bucks
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:44:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Serta Icomfort. I promise it's worth it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:48:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Another vote for the Sealy.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:48:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Amazon
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:57:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sleep innovations from Amazon, for somewhere between 2-3 years now. I have spent twice the money on the big three and got the same life..
View Quote

this is on my wishlist
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:59:14 AM EDT
[#13]
There's a thread on fatwallet that deals with how to put together your own memory foam mattress on the cheap.  I put together one in college for about 400 bucks for a queen sized set.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:03:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Lucid Matresses from Amazon

I have one. They're great.

There was an adjustment period for a foam mattress. The first 3 days or so I thought it was terrible.

Then you get used to it and really like it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:03:47 AM EDT
[#15]
We bought and sleep on a Tempurpedic.... then we bought a Bed in a box for our guest room.

The Bed In a Box did not smell like the Tempurpedic and felt just as nice for 1/3 the price.

If we were to do it over again, I would likely buy a bed in a box, but I have been happy with the Temp just more money.

-Ryan
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:06:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Worth every penny (here it is)

We tried Tuft&Needle and gave up on a Casper..
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:08:04 AM EDT
[#17]
3 years ago the cheap memory foam mattress we had finally gave out,  it was like trying to crawl out of taco in the morning.

I started researching what mattress to replace it with. I like firm, I have no problem sleeping on a blanket on the floor,

wife not so much, after much research and lots of questions, lying on many mattresses, I finally ordered some 5#memory foam from a recommended supplier in north Carolina and sourced some 8# foam locally,  using spray adhesive, which is standard bonding medium for foam, I glued the foam together and I now have basically the same formula and foam weight/density as a $3500.00 tempurpedic mattress.  I spent 400 something I can look it up but less than $500. I also purchased a mattress cover from amazon for $75. The only difference is I do not have a UL label, I can live with that.

It is the best mattress I have ever had , when it has run its course, I will fabricate another and I will never buy a brand mattress again
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:08:36 AM EDT
[#18]
IKEA has several varieties of mattress, a few of these are memory foam or memory foam combos.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:09:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have back problems and I absolutely love mine.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:11:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Tuft and Needle.

http://www.tn.com
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:18:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Cheap equals toxic
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:33:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Very happy with my Bed in a Box.

Highly rated on Sleep like the dead, the AR15 of mattresses.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:41:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a serta icomfort, it's great.. only trouble I've had so far was when I made the mistake of not getting full body shots of a girl off tinder.. since she was already here, I said fuck it.. that whale caused a huge dip in the mattress.. live and learn I guess
View Quote

I work in furniture sales. Serta iComfort beds are great.  Also check out Serta iseries beds. They gave traditional springs but are encased in memory foam. They're the best if both worlds.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:12:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
 using spray adhesive, which is standard bonding medium for foam, I glued the foam together
View Quote

3M Super 77?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which one?

The cheapest looks decent
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I have had my Casper for around 4 months and really like it so far. We have a king and it's been great as far as sleep quality and not waking up the other when getting in or out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have and recommend the Costco Novaform mattresses, but I swear I only paid like $399 for my 14" deep queen... I prolly had a coupon!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have and recommend the Costco Novaform mattresses, but I swear I only paid like $399 for my 14" deep queen... I prolly had a coupon!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's nice to see so many people have more reasonabley priced mattresses

I thought I was going to get chastised for not wanting to spring for a Tempurpedic
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#29]
If you're making payments on your $6000 mattress you're doing it wrong.

We've had a $800 Leesa memory foam for about a year now and like it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I thought I was going to get chastised for not wanting to spring for a Tempurpedic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my home, there is nothing "fabulous" about buying high dollar items... Why give someone else your money when you don't have to??

Get the things you need AND do what's best for your family... You CAN do both!... It's called being thrifty!

Carry on, sir!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Tempsoma I got at Samsclub is nice.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Which one?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which one?

"Tranquility GEL with Natural TENCEL® Memory Foam Mattress"

I read that most of the mattresses are the same with just the top layer ot cover being different.  So I found the one that sounded like a good fit that wasn't too expensive and just went with it. Super weird buying a mattress online but I worked out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Sleep Innovations at Amazon.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I have a $2500 Sealy mattress. I got it for free.

Grandparents bought it and it was too soft for them. They gave it to me (less than 1 year) and they ended up buy the top of the line Sleep Number.

I love the sealy mattress.

View Quote

Can you call your grandparents and ask them if they have another?  Because the OP needs a bed.

Maybe you can give him yours?

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Latex rubber mattresses.  We've had ours for 16 years now and may not ever need to replace it.  Where we got ours you could order different firmness levels for each side of the mattress.  The bed frame has slightly curved, upward facing wooden slats. Wife and I love ours.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Latex rubber mattresses.  We've had ours for 16 years now and may not ever need to replace it.  Where we got ours you could order different firmness levels for each side of the mattress.  The bed frame has slightly curved, upward facing wooden slats. Wife and I love ours.
View Quote

So many options

Liking the looks of the casper
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#39]
On a side note, perhaps my original box spring foundation was shitty, but to avoid a noticeable "slump" in the middle of the mattress I had to add extra support when we first brought it home.

I replaced the slats with thicker boards, added legs to the slats under the mid-line of the bed, and placed a 3\4" piece of plywood in-between the mattress and box spring.

Holy cow what a difference... Much cheaper than buying one of those memory foam mattress "platforms"...
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Check out the Leesa brand

Quoted:

So many options

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So many options

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Check out the LEESA brand

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

So many options

I just got a Leesa and really like it so far. Soft while still being pretty firm. It also didn't smell too awfully bad and that went away quick. The 100 day trial with free return is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

So many options

Just did. Looks like a slight edge to this one

I think this will be the one to beat
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#43]
We just got a nest bedding hybrid. Very happy so far
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#44]
We've had a Tempurpedic for almost two years now.  I don't really like it.  We may get a sleep number...I slept on one at a hotel in MN and thought it was awesome.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#45]

first post definitely does not nail it this time.

ignore that thread.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Brooklyn Bedding Co
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I bought this Sealy from Amazon for $598 delivered about two years ago.  It's been a great bed.

If you watch the price it will fluctuate quite a bit, might get lucky depending on your time frame.
View Quote

I bought a similar one several years ago.   It is the best bed Ive ever slept in.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#48]

That sounds almost like an allergic reacton to latex.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the Sam's version, been happy with it so far.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I just got a Leesa and really like it so far. Soft while still being pretty firm. It also didn't smell too awfully bad and that went away quick. The 100 day trial with free return is hard to beat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

So many options

Yep. I love my Leesa.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top