Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Cut a hole in a box
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:38:27 AM EDT
[#2]
flowers and a card that I write something nice in is usually best
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:42:59 AM EDT
[#3]
A mop and a bucket, then a knife and some bread an sammich fixins'.

Been together 27 years, we will get a card for each other and spend the day together once I get home from work.  She was the one that decided it was crazy to spend money on flowers, and go out to eat at packed restaurants.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:43:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Moonstruck Chocolates and a funny card. 18yrs. Nothing extravagant.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:43:32 AM EDT
[#5]
She is visiting her sister in Paducah Ky. They are going shopping there and Metropolis Illinois. Who knows what this will cost me. Oh well, happy wife
Long as she doesn't call me and say. " Honey can you come up here and bring the trailer" i will be doing good.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:53:00 AM EDT
[#6]
25 Years... I know better at this point.
I welded up a couple plate target racks, for her "Redneck Bi-athalon", and whipped up chow.

30 day aged Porterhouse on a wood fired grill, double baked Tater, and Green beans in Garlic and Parmesan, with Porcini and Onions on the side.
We raised and stored all of it, ourselves. So it's just a normal day elevated.

It's Redneck as hell, but it's personal and intimate, and is "Us".

Don't overlook the small shit. If you step back and look, it's all small shit, that adds up.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:57:08 AM EDT
[#7]

We bought a box of donuts.

She told me that she heard an ad on the radio from the one local gun store saying how she should get me a gift certificate for Valentine's Day.

I got all excited and started thinking about what I should get with it.

Then she told me she had no intention of getting me anything, she was just telling me about the ad.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:57:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Wife bought me a hf gift card I bought her some shoes. married 4 yrs
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:01:00 AM EDT
[#9]
43 years here. Usually go out to dinner so she can make googly eyes at me across the table and I act like I enjoy it..........

This year we both have had sinus infections the last couple days so we just went shopping for groceries and phones and back home to left over Mexican. Tomorrow after church we'll spend the afternoon visiting with our daughters, which will be nice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:01:47 AM EDT
[#10]
6 years, dating for 11ish.

Rose when I got home yesterday and a card will be waiting by her purse in the morning.

While she's at work I'll lay out some tiny things for her to slip into and hope she gets the hint.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:02:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

43 years here. Usually go out to dinner so she can make googly eyes at me across the table and I act like I enjoy it..........

This year we both have had sinus infections the last couple days so we just went shopping for groceries and phones and back home to left over Mexican. Tomorrow after church we'll spend the afternoon visiting with our daughters, which will be nice.
View Quote

Nasacort is a miracle drug.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:13:35 AM EDT
[#12]
nothing. married 13. together 15. we have never made a big deal out of it. we did accidently decide to go out to eat 1 year. huge mistake.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:25:57 AM EDT
[#13]
18 yrs here, card and teddy bear total $15.  Dinner with kids anther $120, done.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:28:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Have been with my wife for going on 17 years.  We don't really do holidays like Valentine's or Christmas. We have no children and we buy whatever we want throughout the year as it is. I show my wife how much I love her and appreciate her everyday and she agree's that Valentine's day is nothing but a crock, if you have been doing your marriage properly in the first place you won't need 1 special day out of a year to show her. I randomly get my wife cards and flowers year round and for no reason.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:37:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For the older guys here that have been married for literally decades.  What do you plan to get the beloved wife?  
View Quote

Not a damned thing. She told me to save the money and pay the mortgage. 20+ years together, 17 married.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:40:10 AM EDT
[#16]
24yrs. This year she got me her crazy wandering sister, come to stay for the holiday weekend and stink up the place with cigarette smoke, before she moves on to someone else's couch..

My valentine's plans for the missus got put away for next year.

/about had enough
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:43:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I called her I am offshore working.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:43:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't even bother trying any more. She's the one who decided to move to the guest room.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:54:41 AM EDT
[#19]
She likes Dove chocolate, so I got her a tin of Dove Truffles.  Normally, I'd do a nice thick steak, halfway between blue and rare for her, rare-ish for me, with baked sweet potatoes and spinach.  That's her favorite meal.

We both were busy today and she didn't get home until 9:30 tonight.  She's busy tomorrow with taxes and I have to work, and won't be home for dinner.  So, I guess that's VD 2016.  

I bought myself a few upper spare parts from PSA.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:57:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't even bother trying any more. She's the one who decided to move to the guest room.

View Quote

But you snore!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:20:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Married 21 years here.  Got her $130 of Godiva chocolates and white chocolates.  

The ones with raspberry in them come my way.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#22]
The wife is very happy getting a card and flowers. Just a little something.
But I got us a  vacation package to Belize for 10 days. She's been wanting to go.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:25:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Whole family has been sick this last week, everyone feeling awful. We decided we'd watch our money for the next few months, and pay down some bills. She didn't want to do anything, but I got her a few chocolates, and am writing her a nice little note telling her how I feel, and how glad I am to still be married to her after 21 years.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:25:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Married 22 years.   I found the first card that I ever gave her for the hallmark holiday.   We really don't celebrate it.   So, I will make dinner like I do every night.  She will probably have some wine.   I don't drink anymore.   So, after I get home from work.   Same routine.   We are both spoiled and don't need a made up holiday.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:46:54 AM EDT
[#25]
32 years here. 1 or 2 bottles of vino, the high hard one, and a T-bone steak dinner in that order.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:14:41 AM EDT
[#26]
31 years so we had valentine day sex in the back seat of the car. the car is for sale the new owners are picking it up tomorrow. did I say the new owners are Obama supports.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

24yrs. This year she got me her crazy wandering sister, come to stay for the holiday weekend and stink up the place with cigarette smoke, before she moves on to someone else's couch..

My valentine's plans for the missus got put away for next year.

/about had enough
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:27:03 AM EDT
[#28]
A new frying pan.
40yrs of wedded bliss.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#29]
35yrs.

A week ago I took her into a little "used" furniture boutique/store she "found".  She'd had been wanting to go there for awhile "just to look".

We'd just finished remodeling two bathrooms and "They needed a final touch".

One thing you need to know about my dear wife, she hates to pay retail for anything.  If it isn't clearance, on sale or has a coupon - nope ain't going home with it.  She LOVES shopping at rummage sales.

She wandered around the boutique for awhile & I could see she had her eye on two items.  A 24"x24" cabinet that had paint similar to one of the bathrooms.  She also liked a 20"x36" flower print to hand over the toilet.  She was reluctant to spend the money...even though we do very well for ourselves.

Well, I told her I brought cash from my gun cabinet fund and this is for Valentines day.  Her eyes lit up.  She negotiated the price of both items down from $140 to $90.

I got away easy.

ETA:  Update!  Mrs.SouthHoof just awoke.  I presented her morning coffee with her favorite creamer.  She just came down stair and gave me something I've wanted for 4 years.  She sewed a zipper in my favorite gun case!  The case has been hanging in the gun closet for years with a new heavy duty zipper & I've asked for it to be sewn in for Christmas for the past 4 years...each Christmas...nada.  But this morning I have the venerable Allen case with heavy shoulder strap back in service.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, I plan to give her, next question.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Wife and I are going to the range after Church and lunch.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Married 17 years.

Usually we go out to dinner on the weekends but she is not feeling well

so I bought some mud flaps for my truck.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#33]
10 years. Even though she told me explicitly "Do NOT buy me anything at all", I still bought her a beautiful blue orchid.
It's an awesome deal.... I never buy her roses anymore, just orchids. She gets more enjoyment out of that than
anything, because they last for years. Getting difficult to wash the dishes & take baths or showers now; seems like
there is an orchid everywhere you look. She bought me a cookie cake that was out of this world delicious.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:06:04 AM EDT
[#34]
37 years here......Friday bought her a S&W Bodyguard, yesterday roses, today will be lunch at her favorite place.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Been married 34 years.  I am sure she will get me to do something for her.  I had planned to fix some floor tiles to get her off my back.
Trick is not to spoil her or she will begin to expect it all the time.  She will get upset if you miss a day.  She knows not to expect something already.
Pickle surprise.  I wish.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:20:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Congrats to those with long and successful marriages.

I'm going on a 3rd dinner date tonight
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#37]
10 years and we usually go out for a nice dinner and I take her to her favorite bookstore to pick up some new books since she likes to read a lot..............being married to an English teacher makes it easy
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Replaced her worn out Kindle. Was going to get her an HD model, maybe a little bigger. She just wanted the basic one for @ $50

I'll make her a nice dinner too.

Seems that's all she wants in the whole world. She's very down to earth. probably why I love her so much.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
For the older guys here that have been married for literally decades.  What do you plan to get the beloved wife?  

View Quote

Nothing.We don't do Valentine's Day. Or Sweetest Day.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#40]
26 years

Nothing

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#41]
13 years, I'm cooking her dinner and made her a card. Probably some nookie sometime today.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Married 41 years - flowers, card, dinner somewhere. And I'll try to be nice most of the day.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#43]
33 years here, we will be going fishing. Trying to beat the 16 lb rainbow we caught last weekend.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#44]
16 years, last night we went out for dinner without the kids.  I bought her a card, a scented candle and a 1 hr gift certificate to the spa.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#45]
20 years married.  Wife and I don't buy into the commercial BS of Valentine's Day.  For me it's a time to reflect on my variation of the golden rule.  Have I been loving her the way I'd want to be loved?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#46]
I got her a gold dipped rose, some chocolate covered strawberries and a set of tires for her car yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Together 18 years, lingerie of course:

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#48]
37 years.

Pick her up at the airport today.

Flowers, her favorite wine, and homemade huevos rancheros.

But I do this any time she's been away.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:52:36 AM EDT
[#49]
23yrs

Got her a couple of Pandora charms for her bracelet.

She lets me get what I want.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#50]
I picked up some flowers, a bottle of her favorite wine, some crackers, goat cheese and made her some chocolate covered strawberries.

ETA:  If I didn't do something for her on 02/14 I couldn't expect her to celebrate 03/14 could I?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top