BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:21:11 AM EDT
[#1]
We are soooo fucked now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:21:22 AM EDT
[#2]
What we are seeing in this country is, I feel, the early stages of the fracturing of the Republic along ideological lines.

What it boils down to between the right wing and the left wing (or conservative and liberal, or however else you want to define it) is an impasse based on profound and fundamental philosophical differences, and we are to the point where there is little room for compromise anymore.

My prediction is that if the left ever does succeed in forcing its anti-gun agenda to the ultimate extension of draconian bans and severe restrictions on liberty, there will be massive civil disobedience on that point, and we will arrive at a situation very much like Mexico (for example), where gun laws are violated probably moreso than they are obeyed, and also like the Prohibition era on booze in the United States, which was also massively ignored and violated.  That this would create a very dangerous situation for law enforcement goes without saying, I hope.

Luckily, at least with the Prohibition era, elected officials finally came to their senses and realized it is absolute idiocy to try and suppress, ban, and confiscate a product that umpteen millions of people wanted, and that all that their efforts at suppression had accomplished was to create a massive black market and a huge rise in organized crime as a result.  As to whether the idiots on the political left are capable of learning from this example before they attempt to repeat it remains to be seen.

In any case, I weep for what this country is turning into.  The changes since my youth are shocking, and in some cases, deeply disturbing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:22:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it so far fetched...the most conservative judge dies while Obama is still in office, allowing him to appoint another liberal scumbag to the bench swinging it liberal?

Knowing if the Republicans win the white house back, they will certainly stack it against the liberals?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are many on the internet wearing tin foil tonight, saying this was purposeful.  Almost like the Pelican Brief, but successful in the endeavor.

Is it so far fetched...the most conservative judge dies while Obama is still in office, allowing him to appoint another liberal scumbag to the bench swinging it liberal?

Knowing if the Republicans win the white house back, they will certainly stack it against the liberals?
Look at the decisions of the last 20 years. In no way is the Supreme Court stacked against the dimocrats.

You want to know what happens if it switches to a liberal majority? War.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have little faith in McConnell's political smarts, and suspect he will cut a deal with Obama on a nominee.

However, he can easily gut Obama's ability to make a recess appointment by keeping the Senate in session - a simple pro forma session is enough, and since the Senate makes its own rules, he can stymie Obama as long as the GOP members hold together. He can also refuse to bring up any nomination for a vote until the planned recess in July, if he allows the Senate to recess then; in election years, the Senate typically is in recess from July until after the election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that's how SC appointments work.

Ten justices (two chief, eight associate) have been recess appointments. Of course, nine were later confirmed by the senate when they were back in session.

POTUS is not constitutionally limited to what offices he can he can make a recess appointment.

ETA: Forgot to cite.

Article Ii, Section Ii, Clause III

"The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session"

I have little faith in McConnell's political smarts, and suspect he will cut a deal with Obama on a nominee.

However, he can easily gut Obama's ability to make a recess appointment by keeping the Senate in session - a simple pro forma session is enough, and since the Senate makes its own rules, he can stymie Obama as long as the GOP members hold together. He can also refuse to bring up any nomination for a vote until the planned recess in July, if he allows the Senate to recess then; in election years, the Senate typically is in recess from July until after the election.

Well history is not necessarily on our side. To find the ONLY recess appointment that was not later confirmed, you have to go all the way back to 1795. John Rutledge.

I also agree McConnell is a putz and COULD deny or call a pro forma session, but will do ntiehter.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:48:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So what if Zero appoints some blatantly controversial guy like Holder as a pathfinder candidate for an equally bad or worse shit head that no one knows much about.  Make a big media shit show out of the first "obstruction" and get the second one after the republicans take a relentless beating by the MSM in a presidential election year?
View Quote

Probably won't be Holder but this is exactly what they are going to try and do. They may even throw out 2 shit shows so the 3rd one gets the seat.

I pray for the love of God that the senate grows a pair and stalls until after the election.

And for fucks sake; EVERYONE had better vote for a true conservative!!  The only one left running is Cruz so please everyone nut up and do the right thing by voting for him!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:02:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ten justices (two chief, eight associate) have been recess appointments. Of course, nine were later confirmed by the senate when they were back in session.

POTUS is not constitutionally limited to what offices he can he can make a recess appointment.

"The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session"

Could Biden interfere with such a tactic, seeing as how he's the President of the Senate?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:04:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's sad because it's true
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even the best of checks and balances don't work when you have a largely retarded electorate.

It's sad because it's true

A lot of checks and balances were effectively removed over the years, hence why the electorate is so consequential nationally. SCOTUS, Congress, and the States all share in the blame.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:12:13 AM EDT
[#8]
It just shows how precarious out republic has become as it decays from within.  This one man stood as a firewall in defence of our rights and now he is gone and with it we are vulnerable to attack.  Make no mistake, the attacks are coming.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:43:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Could Biden interfere with such a tactic, seeing as how he's the President of the Senate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. He only has three constitutional powers - cast a tie-breaking vote, preside over the Senate
(basically gavel in and out daily sessions), and, should the President die or resign, assume his office. He has no say what so ever in this matter.

"My country has in its wisdom contrived for me the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived." - John Adams as First Vice-President

ETA: Coincidentally, Biden was chairman of the judiciary committee and later regretted not fighting over Scalia's appointment after the nasty battle over Rehnquist being bumped up to Chief Justice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#10]
fuuuuck. 4-5
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No. He only has three constitutional powers - cast a tie-breaking vote, preside over the Senate
(basically gavel in and out daily sessions), and, should the President die or resign, assume his office. He has no say what so ever in this matter.

"My country has in its wisdom contrived for me the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived." - John Adams as First Vice-President
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm asking if he could obstruct such a move (such as to have pro forma sessions) as Senate President. When he presides over the Senate, he is its leader so to speak. The President pro tempore only acts as such in his absence.

I'm just not familiar with the relevant Senate rules.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:55:19 AM EDT
[#12]
i have a strong sense of dread for what is to come

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:03:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Even the best of checks and balances don't work when you have a largely retarded electorate.
View Quote

That's it in a nutshell.  The only thing a conservative justice will bring us is a short reprieve.  We've been fucked as a republic for a long time.

I hope everyone was stacking deep during the last year.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:03:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Guess we get to see if McConnell has something resembling a backbone.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:04:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm asking if he could obstruct such a move (such as to have pro forma sessions) as Senate President. When he presides over the Senate, he is its leader so to speak. The President pro tempore only acts as such in his absence.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Although president of the senate, he is not a senator. He has no constitutional authority in any matter of the senate except to cast a tie breaking vote. Being President of the Senate is, unlike Speaker of the House (in its practical application), is a ceremonial position. I don't believe the senate could even delegate him any authority if they wanted to.

He's basically a celebrity ringing the opening bell at the NYSE.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:15:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No. Although president of the senate, he is not a senator. He has no constitutional authority in any matter of the senate except to cast a tie breaking vote. Being President of the Senate is, unlike Speaker of the House (in its practical application), is a ceremonial position. I don't believe the senate could even delegate him any authority if they wanted to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

President of the Senate is not a purely ceremonial position. It is in fact to the Senate what the Speaker is to the House of Representatives. Cheney used to act as such on a weekly basis. The perception of the position as ceremonial seems to stem from the fact that most modern VPs don't actually bother presiding over the Senate outside of the occasional ceremonial event or votes where a tie is likely.

It's pretty clear from the language in the constitution that the position is not merely ceremonial, as it has to limit his power in that role by limiting when he can vote as a Senator. There's no point in making the VP the Senate President if all he's needed for is to break ties. That can be done without making him President.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:17:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Rule XIX of the Senate, if I understand correctly, doesn't even grant the VPOTUS any right to debate or address the Senate at all. VPOTUS job is to referee and gavel into session the Senate. I suppose he could lobby individual senators outside of the House, but as it stands, he can't interfere in Senate proceedings.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:22:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Rule XIX of the Senate, if I understand correctly, doesn't even grant the VPOTUS any right to debate or address the Senate at all. VPOTUS job is to referee and gavel into session the Senate. I suppose he could lobby individual senators outside of the House, but as it stands, he can't interfere in Senate proceedings.
View Quote

The VP would be the "presiding officer" in the context of those rules.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, but all the rules refer to a Senator addressing the Senate. VPOTUS is not a Senator and is not explicitly granted a right to address the Senate, though you may notice former Presidents are. His job is to referee the floor and enforce the rules.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:45:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Right, but all the rules refer to a Senator addressing the Senate. VPOTUS is not a Senator and is not explicitly granted a right to address the Senate, though you may notice former Presidents are. His job is to referee the floor and enforce the rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is a Senator, essentially, by virtue of being Senate President. What I'm wondering is if he can prevent any sort of pro forma session from being called, or if those officers junior to him or other Senators can call for such a thing independently of the will of the presiding officer.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#21]
You'd have a constitutional crisis if he tried.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Yeah I'm sure that the spineless one will say that to Obungo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

All Mitch has to do when Obama cries about getting his judge is say when you won an election and shoved obamacare down the throats of an unwilling country you replied to our objections by simply stating you won.   Well we won the Senate and we are not going to let you pick a supreme court judge because our constituents do t want you to.  The elections will decide whether or not the people want a liberal or supreme Court Justice. Not you.  Elections have consequences and we won."

Yeah I'm sure that the spineless one will say that to Obungo.
Not saying he will but if he's gonna fight that's the way to do it.  No rationalizing. No dragging it out giving the media material. Simply get fucked our constituents don't want your pick. Well see how elections go.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:21:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This is correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are fucked as a nation now.
Electing Cruz who will appoint constitutional conservatives to the SCOTUS is our only chance at saving the nation. It's that simple.

This is correct.

Yes.

But ole Mitch will have a meeting with Barry, theyll discuss who he wants as the next Justice and Mitch will give it to him. Mitch will play it like the Iran deal, or the Pacific trade deal. There will be some cross words, some show of foot stomping, then he, she, it will be confirmed almost unanimously. Mitch will make a speech about how it was a tough fight but they just couldn't win it. The country can't run with out a full court. Blah blah blah
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Conspiracy theorists are out in force on this tragedy, lot of speculation that Obama & Co had him killed, that he has had a Supreme Court Justice pick in his pocket for years, knew none were going to retire until after the next election, knew he was going to need at least six months to get his pick pushed through and was running out of time.

If there was one Judge He and his ilk would pick to replace before his term was up it would no doubt be Scalia and an assassination on hunting trip in a remote location sounds like a made for TV movie plot.

Motive and opportunity!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#25]
A couple things we can do.

Donate to the NRA.
Call your Senators.
Write your Senators.
Buy more Ammo.
Buy more guns.
Read Scalia's opinions on the bench.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#27]
This is the saddest news I have heard in a LONG time.

RIP Justice Scalia..........you were a GREAT man.

Congress better block ANYONE nominated by the dictator in charge..............if they don't we are TOTALLY FUCKED.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We're not talking about me, we're talking about everyone saying theyre about to FO, that our guns bring us freedom and all of the other bs.
View Quote

Then why is that in EVERY FUCKING instance I can think of throughout history a dictator who has enough power bans the private ownership of firearms?

You simply have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

The Founding Fathers knew your position was full of shit and passed the 2A because it was a way to prevent tyranny and lawlessness.

The loss of Scalia and the Satanic possibility of Obama getting another pick to the SCOTUS is such a draconian thought, and DANGER to our way of life and freedom, that words simply CANNOT describe it.

You are a fool if you think otherwise.  Or a left winger who wants guns banned and the freedoms Scalia held dear to be a thing of the past.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Let's face it everyone, one of our WORST FEARS has come to fruition and I am EXTREMELY SCARED right now.

Words simply cannot describe the fear running through my old veins right now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:50:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Bitch, please. My dad would say "there's a lot of rabbit in you". GD acts like they've never shot a motherfucker in the face before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The defeatist attitude in this thread is unbearable.  Guys it's not over, the fight has yet to be fought. look back in this thread and all I see is doom and gloom...the 2nd A is dead, we are so fucked...it's over..etc...

We got some bad news today and 1/2 of Arfcom folds like a lawn chair.

Being powerless leads to defeatism.

The problem is you've been lulled into believing you're powerless.

We're just citizens.  We can't change anything aside from voting.

Bitch, please. My dad would say "there's a lot of rabbit in you". GD acts like they've never shot a motherfucker in the face before.

Everyone knows what time it is.

Everyone knows voting is a complete waste of time and energy .

Look at the results of 2010 and 2014.

Crushed those fucking Commies. Kicked them right in the fucking cunts.

What happened ? Business as usual ,

It's hard to sustain a good attitude when victory is only slowing the fail train down from 100mph to 99.99999 mph

We haven't gotten any new federal gun legislation , that's our win. That's it .

Everyone knows ......now what?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It is us, the people of the United States, who have forsaken God, not the other way around.  That's why we're in this predicament.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
May God show mercy on this country.

God, like the Senate, appears to be on recess these days.

It is us, the people of the United States, who have forsaken God, not the other way around.  That's why we're in this predicament.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

We the People, have forsaken much more than God.

We're screwed.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#33]
^^^^I am not giving up my guns dsteelman unless the police come knocking at my door.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
^^^^I am not giving up my guns dsteelman unless the police come knocking at my door.
View Quote

Neither am I, I'm just pointing out the reasons behind the pessimistic attitude of so many here, me included.

There is no voting our way out of this .

I also take umbrage at the idea the court is center right.

We currently have a left leaning court. Roberts is a complete statist fuckstick. Same with Kennedy. Then three communists.

Government has figured out that , while they would love to confiscate guns, they don't have to.

They will continue fucking us over , while "giving us" our guns.

Fat lot of good they will do as the nation burns while they sit in a safe .
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  He has essentially no authority there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#36]
McConnell better step up for the FIRST FUCKING TIME in recent memory and BLOCK ANY NOMINATION by Obama.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
McConnell better step up for the FIRST FUCKING TIME in recent memory and BLOCK ANY NOMINATION by Obama.
View Quote

McConnell is a weak piece of shit.

More Arfcom Wishful Thinking...

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I don't get.

All those fucksticks care about , is getting re elected.

He would win in a landslide if he came on a Sunday news show this morning and said, no one will get approved until the new president gets sworn in .

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Donald J. Trump Statement on Justice Scalia

I would like to offer my sincerest condolences to the Scalia family after the passing of Justice Scalia. Justice Scalia was a remarkable person and a brilliant Supreme Court Justice, one of the best of all time. His career was defined by his reverence for the Constitution and his legacy of protecting Americans’ most cherished freedoms. He was a Justice who did not believe in legislating from the bench and he is a person whom I held in the highest regard and will always greatly respect his intelligence and conviction to uphold the Constitution of our country. My thoughts and prayers are with his family during this time.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#40]
I just emailed Senator McConnell PLEADING with him to block any nomination made by Obama.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He would win in a landslide if he came on a Sunday news show this morning and said, no one will get approved until the new president gets sworn in .

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He better do that for an even bigger reason...............and that reason is.............if he is TRULY a right winger he owes it to himself and his beloved country to STOP any nomination by the dictator in charge.

It is time to step up and be a FUCKING MAN.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't think I FUCKING KNOW THAT!!??

I will however..............NEVER GIVE UP.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those firebrand conservatives, Senate Majority Leader McConnell and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (See Article I, Section 5, Paragraph 4 of the Constitution of the United States for the role of the House in preventing a recess appointment), will protect our liberties!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Those firebrand conservatives, Senate Majority Leader McConnell and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (See Article I, Section 5, Paragraph 4 of the Constitution of the United States for the role of the House in preventing a recess appointment), will protect our liberties!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you as scared as I am right now?

On a scale of 1 - 10 I am about a 1,000,000,000,000,000.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:41:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, I'm not scared... I am a little 'angry'...

Because I've been predicting just this sort of scenario, in two threads primarily...

For abt 7 or so friggin years.

The response I received from my posts were mostly of ridicule, by emotionally stupefied members, generally.

I fully expected something like this, sooner or later, and am mentally prepared.

I watched an old movie from the 1940's the other night on YouTube...

It was about the takeover of Germany by Hitler. There was meeting of the top newspaper leaders a year or before Hitler's Storm troopers moved, and the head newspaper guy argued a case that their duty was to make the danger of Hitler aware to the people of Germany.

He was flatly voted down. He told them they all signed their death warrant.

Near the end of the movie, Hitler's guys did liquidate the heads of the various publications, when they took over control of all the institutions.

I couldn't help think how close Germany's plight then, relates to us now.

In the photo of Reid with Pelozi in the background, she is clearly grinning.

I have to think that the passing of this great Justice, is another Black Swan.

The first Black Swan was Trump's emergence and radical popularity.

God help us, because the Republicans are nothing but a HUGE PILE of shit...

That WE allowed to happen by our carelessness, our emotional bitching with each other over nonsense, and not insisting on an EFFECTIVE leader to stand against the Demoncraps

I've said COUNTLESS TIMES in the aforementioned posts, we have handed, on a silver platter, the knife that WE have HAPPILY sliced our throats with, blindly following the GUIDANCE and Urging of our Opponents.

We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hussein will continue to do whatever is worst for the nation.

I imagine if McConnell actually stands his ground Hussein will recess appoint Holder....senate will balk and say we're in sessions....Hussein will sue, fast track it to SC , and win a 5-3 decision.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I imagine if McConnell actually stands his ground Hussein will recess appoint Holder....senate will balk and say we're in sessions....Hussein will sue, fast track it to SC , and win a 5-3 decision.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can depend on the fact that the Dems have everything laid out with a plan to proceed.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#48]
I really hope the US can survive this one.

Those who can even consider staying home this election because the perfect candidate is not running need to really rethink their position for your countries sake.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I really hope the US can survive this one.

Those who can even consider staying home this election because the perfect candidate is not running need to really rethink their position for your countries sake.
View Quote

From what I've seen of their ability to reason, all bets are off...

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#50]
EXPY37: I was somewhat in denial and wanted and prayed things would play out differently, especially SCOTUS wise..........but it did not.

It seems I probably cannot shake that mindset entirely because I am still holding onto a glimmer of hope that McConnell grows a spine and blocks ANOTHER fucking nomination by Obama.

He simply has to or we are done as a nation.........................DONE!!
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top