Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/13/2016 11:05:30 AM EDT
Damn their prices went way up on everything!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Several years ago I would just call Buds when I wanted something.  Seems like the dudes name was Derek, that I always dealt with.  I would tell him what I was looking for and ask for best price, and get a better then listed price, then give him my card number.  When he left so did better pricing and prices seem to have been creeping up ever since.  But that is the norm.  whether manufacturing or retailing,  when a company gets to a certain size it becomes very profit oriented.  Nothing wrong with that.  you have the option to buy from them or find a new supplier.  It's the way a free market works.   I only wish I owned one of those companies that was in a position to raise prices just to increase my income.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Getting closer to election time, it happens every 4 years. As the old saying goes, you make hay when the sun shines.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are not using Slickguns or Wikiarms, you are probably paying too much

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#4]
they still have the best price on the gun I am interested in and it didn't go up, yet.  lol   of course currently don't have the cash for it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a 590 (Magpul edition or whatever they call it) from them for $370 shipped last week. First time ever ordering from them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#6]
They match prices.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, sponsoring hickok45 isnt cheap
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I got a 590 (Magpul edition or whatever they call it) from them for $370 shipped last week. First time ever ordering from them.
View Quote

Interesting coincidence - I looked at that last week too.  That is one ugly but cool looking shotgun.  And a bargain at that price.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Just don't expect Buds to send a new rifle to your gunsmith...  Bought a bolt gun from them and told them to ship it to my gunsmith as to get the barrel threaded, new trigger installed, mounted in new stock, etc and they shit all over that and said no can do.  They mandated that they send it to my FFL first and then it was up to me to ship it to my gunsmith for work.  I replied with "My FFL is my gunsmith..."  

Dead deal right then and there -
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, sponsoring hickok45 isnt cheap
View Quote

He shoots a whole lot
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just don't expect Buds to send a new rifle to your gunsmith...  Bought a bolt gun from them and told them to ship it to my gunsmith as to get the barrel threaded, new trigger installed, mounted in new stock, etc and they shit all over that and said no can do.  They mandated that they send it to my FFL first and then it was up to me to ship it to my gunsmith for work.  I replied with "My FFL is my gunsmith..."  

View Quote

So what exactly was the issue?

If your FFL is your gunsmith....have them ship it to your FFL, and everyone is happy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bud's will send a gun to whatever FFL you say.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  They will no longer ship to alaska.   Even if I offer to pay extra.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah something stinks. My FFL is just a table top gunsmith Buds has no problems sending my toys to him.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If your FFL is your gunsmith....have them ship it to your FFL, and everyone is happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He shouldn't have told Buds any unnecessary details.  They probably just skimmed the email, saw the word 'gunsmithing' and sent a canned response telling him no.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#17]
local gun shop has a giant sign
>$60 to transfer from Buds<
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

A place by me did the same thing.

The guy down the road who does them for $20...is happy with their decision.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I asked about transfers from Buds at a local gunshop.  The dude behind the counter went into some unhinged rant attacking not only Buds, but Amazon and even capitalism.  I told him if they could offer competitive prices, maybe Buds wouldn't be putting them out of business.  He turned red and started screaming.  I guess they didn't want my business
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Election year = profit
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Could it be a lack of competition from all the peer-to-peer sales that used to occur over the now shut down FaceBook Gun Trader pages ? ? ?

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

And probably tries to sell HiPoints for $300+.

Fuck guys like that. A good FFL welcomes competition.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They have the cheapest price on the gun I want to buy next according to Slickguns and free shipping on it.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet there's a guy in the next town who'll do it for $25  

We have a shop here that does it for free.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I ran into this crap 15 years ago when I was trying to buy guns online for the first time. The gunshops I went to, where I had bought guns before, all quoted me ridiculous transfer fees and rolled their eyes at me. But they didn't even sell the stuff I was buying online.
View Quote

The shop by me on LI refused to even do a transfer from Buds for me because they sold the same rifle, for $200 more.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I ran into this crap 15 years ago when I was trying to buy guns online for the first time. The gunshops I went to, where I had bought guns before, all quoted me ridiculous transfer fees and rolled their eyes at me. But they didn't even sell the stuff I was buying online.  

Now the guy I found through Bud's is great. He even says he can't match Bud's and doesn't bother. But I also bought my glock 43 from him, my saiga was another gun he had on the shelf, I've bought .22lr there and other stuff

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked about transfers from Buds at a local gunshop.  The dude behind the counter went into some unhinged rant attacking not only Buds, but Amazon and even capitalism.  I told him if they could offer competitive prices, maybe Buds wouldn't be putting them out of business.  He turned red and started screaming.  I guess they didn't want my business

Now the guy I found through Bud's is great. He even says he can't match Bud's and doesn't bother. But I also bought my glock 43 from him, my saiga was another gun he had on the shelf, I've bought .22lr there and other stuff

I went to a shop not long ago to check on their prices on a transfer.

$20 - 50, depending.  Was all he would say.

I asked him, "Depending on what?"

If it comes from Buds I'm charging you $50.

Apparently Bud's retail prices are a lot cheaper than even his wholesale, which doesn't surprise me.

Though if I were him I'd start buying from Bud's instead of my wholesalers.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bye.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bye.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bye.

Yeah.

I wasn't even buying from Buds, but I'm not doing business with a guy like that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cute.

You do realize that Bud's doesn't stock a lot of the shit they list on their website, right?  They order from a distributor after you place your order which is why it sometimes takes a long fucking time to get something from Bud's.

They have very little overhead, unlike your local shop.  That's how they undercut everyone's prices.

If your local shop priced their guns the same as Bud's, they'd be out of business.  I don't know why this shit is so hard for some people to understand but hey, fuck the gun store for trying to keep the lights on, right?

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Cute.

You do realize that Bud's doesn't stock a lot of the shit they list on their website, right?  They order from a distributor after you place your order which is why it sometimes takes a long fucking time to get something from Bud's.

They have very little overhead, unlike your local shop.  That's how they undercut everyone's prices.

If your local shop priced their guns the same as Bud's, they'd be out of business.  I don't know why this shit is so hard for some people to understand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cute.

If your local shop priced their guns the same as Bud's, they'd be out of business.  I don't know why this shit is so hard for some people to understand.

That sounds like the local shop's problem.  As a consumer, I balance price with convenience.  If I can save $200 by buying off Bud's and waiting a few days for shipping, I will.

The local shops can either offer attractive deals, or I will take my business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I have bought quite a few guns from Buds, it's cheaper for me to drive to the store and pick it up in person becuase most local ffl want $30 or more to transfer. And one of the odder rules of Buds is I can't buy something off the shelf in store for the online price. Exact same gun with plenty in stock but I have buy online wait 2-3 for it to ship 30 minutes up the road and come back in and pay for it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Cute.

If your local shop priced their guns the same as Bud's, they'd be out of business.  I don't know why this shit is so hard for some people to understand but hey, fuck the gun store for trying to keep the lights on, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cute.

I know they ship from the manufactures of dist. a lot, but I have been in a couple of their shops and they have plenty of overhead... the problem is most small shops won't even try to increase sales online and I don't have 1 that I like enough to spend an extra $100 with them
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they don't . I ordered a Colt to be engraved and I put the FFL of the engraver in OR. Bud refused to ship to him as I am in Texas . They shipped to my FFL and we had to reship to OR for engraving .
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Why do you all go to Bud's when you have us?  
View Quote

I would have to contact my FFL and get them to send you their information.  Bud's already has them on file and will ship without me having to do anything.

Also, you don't have a Uberti Cattleman with a 5.5" barrel and case hardened frame.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Cute.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cute.

Lol yes, fuck them if they can't compete.
Why you hate free market comrade?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because they have the gun I want to buy next for $35 less.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Plus free shipping most of the time.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because I can't walk into your shop and buy about half of the guns on your shelf.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Cute.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cute.

I am a consumer - I only care about price and convenience. If the local shops would actually TRY to be competitive, they may get my business. I get the whole overhead thing - but I am not paying 200-300 more for the same thing cause the shop costs money to run. And the shops the jack up transfer prices are telling you to spend your money somewhere else.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:18:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tax refunds are nigh.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:35:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I am a consumer - I only care about price and convenience. If the local shops would actually TRY to be competitive, they may get my business. I get the whole overhead thing - but I am not paying 200-300 more for the same thing cause the shop costs money to run. And the shops the jack up transfer prices are telling you to spend your money somewhere else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cute.

local shop has ridiculous transfer prices and refuses to order things i want

won't order a RIA 10mm because they are junk

wont get PSA lowers because he has $250 Rock Rivers on the shelf

Thankfully a new shop opened with indoor range with rentals and simulators and most importantly helpful staff
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:58:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Local pawn shop charges $30 for transfers and is on Bud's FFL list. I'm all for supporting local gun shops but not if I have to pay almost $700 for a Gen 4 G19 not including 8.25% tax
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:23:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aren't you the guys that added a few extra dollars to a guy's order for no reason, then when he brought it up you said something along the lines of "it's just a few dollars, if you don't like it go elsewhere"?  

I think it had something to do with a refund.  That was a fun thread.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:39:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Aren't you the guys that added a few extra dollars to a guy's order for no reason, then when he brought it up you said something along the lines of "it's just a few dollars, if you don't like it go elsewhere"?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:04:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Cute.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cute.

Getting the gun I want for a $100 or more less than what the local gun store charges helps me keep MY lights on, so yeah...fuck the local gun store.

ETA: the gun store I used to use wants $800 for a USED Mossberg MVP .308, which is available from Bud's for less than $600 NIB.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:07:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:39:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Tax refund/election year.  It has begun.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top