Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/13/2016 2:25:58 AM EDT
So everything was looking good at 3:45 , when I woke up, I got dressed went to the airport, (PWM)

Boarded my plane (First Class) and after the same old stuff in getting settled etc.

The plane was #!1 for takeoff move to the takeaway, runway etc...

It accelerated like a normal takeoff, then the brakes were applied hard

The plane moved back in the taxi way and into the "penalty box" since we became late.

AA will not tell me what occurred and why one of their planes in Port;and Maine did what it did (I was in seat 3F)

That said only 2 AF jets I worked on have crashed, so I know when AA has an issue on a airplane.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Did they cancel your AA group or something?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:42:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Some sort of ground strike? Birds, debris?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:44:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Alcoholics Anonymous?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:47:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Alcoholics Anonymous?
View Quote

And flying first class too..
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So everything was looking good at 3:45 , when I woke up, I got dressed went to the airport, (PWM)

Boarded my plane (First Class) and after the same old stuff in getting settled etc.

The plane moved back in the taxi way and into the "penalty box" since we became late.

AA will not tell me what occurred and why one of their planes in Port;and Maine did what it did (I was in seat 3F)

That said only 2 AF jets I worked on have crashed, so I know when AA has an issue on a airplane.
View Quote
Aborted takeoff, problem might have been mechanical, some person on board or who knows what.  Someone made the call to abort the takeoff.  

Happened to me once, mechanical problem with the plane.  Everyone lurched forward and hit the seat in front of them via brakes and reverse thrust. 2 hour flight home turned into 6 hours on a tiny turbo prop on continental.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alcoholics Anonymous?

Unlimited booze.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:57:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Pilot forgot his glasses.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:58:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Aborted takeoff, problem might have been mechanical, some person on board or who knows what.  Someone made the call to abort the takeoff.  

Happened to me once, mechanical problem with the plane.  Everyone lurched forward and hit the seat in front of them via brakes and reverse thrust. 2 hour flight home turned into 6 hours on a tiny turbo prop on continental.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have been pretty excited about the turboprop.  That's just me though.  Do you know what it was?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:03:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Did it have to do with a wooden propeller?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:03:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would have been pretty excited about the turboprop.  That's just me though.  Do you know what it was?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It looked like this:

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:09:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Wait a second.  Look at the OP's username.  WTF over? I wouldn't expect you to know why an abort happened but shouldn't you know it's a thing that happens?  Explanation is required. I am calling bullshit on username and avatar, and I am a civilian that just flies now and then.
How would you working on an AF aircraft (2 of which have crashed apparently) give you any clue about why a particular AA flight called an abort?  By your claim "I know when AA has an issue on a airplane".

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:13:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn, OP!
Most AA meetings are talking and kool ade and cookies, Maybe some strong coffee.
I do believe you need to find another group to meet with...
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:16:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Not a plane guy, but wild guess? Engines spun up to speed and some pressure/temp reading didn't look right. Called it off before it was in the air.

I mean what else changes from 0MPH to 120MPH other than your engines spooling up?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:19:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Not a plane guy, but wild guess? Engines spun up to speed and some pressure/temp reading didn't look right. Called it off before it was in the air.
I mean what else changes from 0MPH to 120MPH other than your engines spooling up?
View Quote
Gear speed, APU gauges, ice, a retarded number of alarms, a small number of alarms that indicate a severe problem, a small number of alarms that are conflicting, the thing yelling at you "DON'T SINK, DON'T SINK" flap position sensors, door sensors, on board CPU failures, hydrolic warnings, someone attacked a steward or passenger, oil pressure warnings, wind shear warnings, fuel balance warnings, fuel consumption warnings, temperature warnings, a passenger became irate and started trying to break down the cockpit door, weather where you are, weather were you are going, someone took a shit in the isle, tire pressure, passenger heart attacks, someone realized they didn't have enough 02 tanks on board, cabin pressure loss, a leak in cabin pressure O2 emergency reserve, someone with a knife/gun, some one that yells "I have a bomb" or "This is my plane now" or simply the tower telling them to abort for whatever reason, explanation not required, shall I go on?
It a can be and often is required to be lot faster than 120 for lift.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:21:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I was flying AA into DEN and right before the runway the pilot gunned the engines, banked hard, and climbed like a raped ape.

...never told us what happened, but I can guess
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:22:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Under-powered treadmill?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:51:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I think the aircraft was overloaded with abbreviations carried by the OP. By sitting in first class, he upset the weight and balance. The flight crew realized they were running out of runway before decision speed and wisely aborted the takeoff.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:54:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I was flying AA into DEN and right before the runway the pilot gunned the engines, banked hard, and climbed like a raped ape.
View Quote
Go around, pilot was not satisfied with the approach.  Chose to break it off and try again, might have saved your life.  I would rather them be confident in their decisions as there isn't much I can do about it back there in my seat.  Sounds like he made the right call, it obviously turned out well.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:57:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Airlines generally don't announce to the general public why things didn't work right. Even if they did, it would be gibberish to most people.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:07:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It looked like this:

http://i.imgur.com/ulsShWG.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looked like this:

Fuckin' loud vibrating bastards with shit for an A/C. I swear to God, if they every put me on another one in the middle of August when I'm coming off a terrible drunk, I'm walking home.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:08:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Fuckin' loud vibrating bastards with shit for an A/C. I swear to God, if they every put me on another one in the middle of August when I'm coming off a terrible drunk, I'm walking home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looked like this:

The Dash 8.

Fucking hate those things.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:11:53 AM EDT
[#22]
BLM on the runway. Pilot lost his nerve.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:27:09 AM EDT
[#23]
All that just to brag about being in first class?

Are you in AA because you made 2 jets crash due to drinking on the job?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:32:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Tag to see if the OP returns after his night in the drunk tank.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Wait a second.  Look at the OP's username.  WTF over? I wouldn't expect you to know why an abort happened but shouldn't you know it's a thing that happens?  Explanation is required. I am calling bullshit on username and avatar, and I am a civilian that just flies now and then.

How would you working on an AF aircraft (2 of which have crashed apparently) give you any clue about why a particular AA flight called an abort?  By your claim "I know when AA has an issue on a airplane".  
View Quote

Can you say 3F??  Hell-ooooooo!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Crew or tower jumped the gun.

I got upgraded to first and then got downgraded (and lost my original exit row seat) for my flight this morning, no way to treat a white man.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Unauthorized runway incursion...

Bozo in a bread truck crosses the active runway, tower (or aircrew) calls an abort, bozo gets canned, flight does the 'taxi of shame' to get back in line.  

Or

IT WAS ALIENS!

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Crew or tower jumped the gun.

I got upgraded to first and then got downgraded (and lost my original exit row seat) for my flight this morning, no way to treat a white man.
View Quote

Why do you feel being white is important to the situation?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you ever flown on a turboprop? They're fucking horrible.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I once flew into Walla Walla Washington in a Dash 8.  On landing I thought the pilot had put down on a washboarded dirt road by mistake. Turns out that is normal.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Had to be a drone in the airspace.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#33]
What a strange post. OP must be fucked up or off his meds.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are some magical words people need to learn.  "Get me off this fucking plane now!"  This does actually work.  

Rent a drop car and drive to your destination.  I have seen me do it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only 2 aircraft you have worked on have crashed?? Is that considered good?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Could have been a variety of things. Could have been an issue with the plane, a runway incursion, or something like a drone/flock of large birds in the departure corridor.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#37]
"That said only 2 AF jets I worked on have crashed, so I know when AA has an issue on a airplane."
View Quote

WTF does that mean?

Probably the 3 flight computers had a argument and no one won, meaning they had to have a time-out.

Remember this software is being farmed out to the cheapest H1-B visas from india they can find.

Does American still make the aircrews wait in the passenger area where they can constantly bitch and moan about the company?
This is what I remember about flying AA.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've spend just shy of one full year of my life (8247 hours) flying turboprop airliners, and probably another thousand hours riding in them, and I'm still here to talk about it.  There isn't anything wrong with turboprop powered airplanes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Capt should have made a PA.  Inexcusable.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It looked like this:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looked like this:

awesome
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't I started working in aviation about a year ago at a company that specializes in Beechcraft air frame parts.  I want to fly in a King Air pretty bad
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It looked like this:

View Quote

Took one of them bastages to NOLA once from Houston. Me and the boss were looking to see if the flight crew was going to run outside and rip on the pull cord to start the motor.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#43]
WTF did you being first class have to do with anything?  
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The Dash 8.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looked like this:

The Dash 8.

Trash-8. Fuck those things, they usually all look like they're from the 80s and never maintained since. Been delayed twice because of those fuckers, always cramped, always obnoxious.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looked like this:

Phoenix to Palm Springs and back on that thing - it was fucking HOT.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
WTF did you being first class have to do with anything?  
View Quote

A reminder to those of us who fly steerage that we are not fit to have an opinion of air travel.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Did they cancel your AA group or something?

View Quote
this

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

This and OP sound like runway incursion issues to me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Pilot aborted take off.  Why do you need to know, did you bring your tools and know how to fix it?  They will either get another bird and put your uppty ass in first class or get you another seat to your destination.

No where in the implied contract for common carriage did it mention full disclosure of the pilot's decisions or declarations on equipment status.

And turboprops are generally good to go UNLESS it is a Dash 8.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top