Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/12/2016 10:22:37 PM EDT
Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

I just saw a news piece on CNN that showed footage of the crime scene. There is a "gunbuster" decal prominently displayed on the front door of the Nazareth restaurant.

ETA: see update page 2
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Are machetes still allowed?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are machetes still allowed?
View Quote

Until an executive order is introduced and signed to add another consonant to the BATFE soon to be the BATFEM.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I just saw a news piece on CNN that showed footage of the crime scene. There is a "gunbuster" decal prominently displayed on the front door of the Nazareth restaurant.

View Quote

How did that work out for the owner? His patrons?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Ban machetes for the good of the children!

But honestly, this shit happens over in china all the time
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
His name was Mohamed.  Big surprise.   Very little media coverage.  Didn't even see
it on Drudge.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank god no one had a gun. Someone could have been hurt.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

His name was Mohamed.  Big surprise.   Very little media coverage.  Didn't even see

it on Drudge.
View Quote
If a gun was involved it would be plastered in the national news.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
it on Drudge.
View Quote

You're shitting me right?

I heard zero about it.

A gROPer attacked people with a chete ?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Staying legal in your action sis always prudent but concealed is concealed.

Gun free zones are killing fields.  I even carry in Chick- fil A.  Sometimes open carry and concealed.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#10]
what would the ramifications be if you carried in a gun free zone and defended yourself from a crazed  and fundamental PEACEFUL RELIGION sort, or any other type attempting to do you mortal harm?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
what would the ramifications be if you carried in a gun free zone and defended yourself from a crazed  and fundamental PEACEFUL RELIGION sort, or any other type attempting to do you mortal harm?
View Quote

Alive to stand trial?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ohio has goofy knifes laws that I will admit, I'm ignorant of.  I guess as long as he was using it as a "tool" he was OK.

BTW: It's only a misdemeanor trespass charge if you don't leave a private business when asked if you're found to be carrying.
View Quote

Ok, in this case imagine that you negate the threat, thus saving one or more people from serious injury and death.

When the store owner/manager asks you to leave after preventing a bloodbath at his eatery, you go outside and wait for the police.

No trespass charge.  Seriously, you would worry about be charged with a crime if you save yourself and others?   That should go over well in today's social media environment.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

nothing there's a line in the law giving affirmative defense if a prudent person would feel it necessary.
in that situation its pretty easy to say it was necessary.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Ohio has goofy knifes laws that I will admit, I'm ignorant of.  I guess as long as he was using it as a "tool" he was OK.

BTW: It's only a misdemeanor trespass charge if you don't leave a private business when asked if you're found to be carrying.
View Quote

The state of Ohio has no knife laws, it's all city or concealed weapons laws
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I heard zero about it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

it on Drudge.

I heard zero about it.

If you haven't heard already, the perp Mohamed was on an FBI watch list.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#17]
This article has been off the mobile page of CNN since the name came out, but they've got an article about a school shooting and an interview with a Columbine shooter's mom up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tennessee has a statute that protects someone who uses a handgun in self-defense or defense of others, even though carried illegally.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I just heard on the radio (late night on a Friday, go figure) that he was known to the FBI and is being investigated as a possible terrorist attack.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Can't wait until someone attacks and kills people in a 'gun free zone' with a machete, knife, baseball bat, whatever and then someone pulls a gun out and shoots the person.

Media idiots wouldn't know what the fuck to do.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
it on Drudge.
View Quote

Columbus has the second biggest Muslim population in country.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Can't wait until someone attacks and kills people in a 'gun free zone' with a machete, knife, baseball bat, whatever and then someone pulls a gun out and shoots the person.

Media idiots wouldn't know what the fuck to do.
View Quote

The same thing they did when a cop shot a knife wielding teen who was hopped up on PCP.

Damn the shooter to hell.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#24]
The terrorist was also on the FBI terror watch list.  Didn't matter

Aaaahhhh---------ooooooooooooooooooooo!

Known wolves of Islam!

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Known wolves of Islam!

View Quote

I will never hear that song again without your words stuck in there.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Known wolves of Islam!

View Quote

Got a link?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Got a link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Known wolves of Islam!

Got a link?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/inside-machete-wielding-mans-terrifying-attack-ohio-restaurant/story?id=36889413

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#28]
One of the locals said it wasn't a gun free zone.  Are we sure they didn't just use some stock footage or something?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1837596_Guy_got_stabby_at_Middle_Eastern_restaurant_in_Columbus_OH.html
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#29]
The place wasn't attacked because it was a gun free zone.  It was attacked because the owner and patrons were thought to be Christians.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The place wasn't attacked because it was a gun free zone.  It was attacked because the owner and patrons were thought to be Christians.
View Quote
Obviously.

I'm still curious.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:45:32 PM EDT
[#31]
The TV report is funny.  They are wondering about a motive.

Here is my guess.

He is muslim and is doing what muslims do....kill, attack, knife, run over, etc non-muslims.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#32]

John Kasich had an ISIS attack in his state 2 days before the last SC debate.  I’m not blaming him.  I blame Obama and Clinton for their insane policy towards the ME and global jihad.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:54:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Known wolves of Islam!

Got a link?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/inside-machete-wielding-mans-terrifying-attack-ohio-restaurant/story?id=36889413

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:17:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

or Jewish
http://wivb.com/ap/no-rhyme-or-reason-for-machete-attack-at-ohio-restaurant/
Owner Hany Baransi told The Columbus Dispatch he believes his restaurant was targeted because he is Israeli.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Known wolves of Islam!

View Quote

Nah, nah, nah, dude was on the government list to get award for helping further space program.  

Did you not get the memo?

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Obviously a case of inadequate signage.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:43:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
One of the locals said it wasn't a gun free zone.  Are we sure they didn't just use some stock footage or something?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1837596_Guy_got_stabby_at_Middle_Eastern_restaurant_in_Columbus_OH.html
View Quote

It was not stock footage. Video footage I saw on CNN shows police officers standing at the entrance. One of them opened the door to leave and the angle of the door clearly showed the slashed out semi-auto silhouette.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:46:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
it on Drudge.
View Quote

and it was a Jewish restaurant
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:50:03 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

or Jewish

http://wivb.com/ap/no-rhyme-or-reason-for-machete-attack-at-ohio-restaurant/

Owner Hany Baransi told The Columbus Dispatch he believes his restaurant was targeted because he is Israeli.

Well, of course. The book written by the guy the attacker was named after says that Jews and Christians are "the worst of all creatures".

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:53:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I just heard on the radio (late night on a Friday, go figure) that he was known to the FBI and is being investigated as a possible terrorist attack workplace violence.
View Quote

*fiixed, for mah feels.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:22:09 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, it worked

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:37:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yep, it worked

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, it worked

anyone think that the owner might be rethinking his opinion on that particular decal?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

it on Drudge.

somali scum

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

somali scum

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
it on Drudge.

somali scum

Yep.  I carry an extra mag when I go to Easton.  And if you ever have to go to the Walmary by Easton...leave the CCW in the car and sling an AR on your shoulder.  That place is truly third world or at least it was the day I stopped in to get some toiletries that we forgot to pack.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Mohammed  (that is/ was is name) must have seen it.  He was following the rules.
The store owner can't say shit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:31:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
it on Drudge.
View Quote

What coverage there was said it was random.
Mohamed goes to the Nazarene restaurant  owned by Israeli Christians that have an Israeli flag out front.

Purely random act of non secular violence.  Suuuuuure.
FBHO and the rest.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ok, in this case imagine that you negate the threat, thus saving one or more people from serious injury and death.

When the store owner/manager asks you to leave after preventing a bloodbath at his eatery, you go outside and wait for the police.

No trespass charge.  Seriously, you would worry about be charged with a crime if you save yourself and others?   That should go over well in today's social media environment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this scenario i may wait untill he took a few swings before putting him down.
Sorry to say that but there anti gun lawyers  that will say. "How did you know his intention just because he wanted to know where the snack bar was"?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Obviously a case of inadequate signage.

Best,
JBR
View Quote

Is the bottom right corner saying no glass blowing allowed?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#50]
One of the media reports last night included an interview with the owner of the restaurant.  The owner said that the attacker came into the restaurant and asked about the owners background.  After learning that the owner was jewish, the man left and then returned a short time later and carried out the attack.  I believe that I saw the interview on Fox (Greta's show).
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top