Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
He whispered to avoid the automatic weapons, body armor, and armored vehicles strewn about the premises upon their exit. A Winnebago is a much better solution to their problems.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think their survivability ratio would have about doubled if Shane had killed Rick about 12 minutes after Rick showed up at the camp.
View Quote

Shane would have turned into another Governor.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#3]

It's funny how people get so worked up over scientific detail in a show about zombies.

Quoted:

You find out at the end of the Second Season.
View Quote

This should have been the first post, all the spoilers wouldn't have been necessary.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FTWD, which begins just as the "outbreak" starts, does a much better/clearer job of explaining the death/zombie process (whereas TWD starts something like a month into the crisis).

The zombification process has been explained numerous times:  everyone already has the virus.  Everyone turns into a zombie when they die no matter how they die, (unless they suffer brain trauma):  zombie bite, gunshot, whatever, they turn.

Then again, we're talking about zombies.
View Quote

Didn't the CDC doctor also mention something about being in radio contact with doctors/scientists in France before he died/committed suicide?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He whispered to avoid the automatic weapons, body armor, and armored vehicles strewn about the premises upon their exit. A Winnebago is a much better solution to their problems.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So the group are all carriers, but not turn into walkers?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the group was flee the Atlanta CDC because the CDC guy was going to blow it up.

What did the CDC guy whisper in Rick's ear and why did he tell Rick that one day he would owe that guy?

I just started watching it the season before last so I don't know if you find out what all that was about?

They all have the "virus ".

So the group are all carriers, but not turn into walkers?

Yes, but not just them. It's

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea you gotta take the show at face value and overlook all the obvious weapon upgrade scenarios.

Why use a modern auto / semi auto rifle to fight hoards of flesh eating zombies when you have a sword and a cross bow
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I love Walking Dead.

Watched it all in quick succession on Netflix. Sunday will be the first time I watch it as it's airing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He told them that the virus is in everyone and no matter what, when you die...you come back a zombie.  Until this point, people assumed that you had to be bitten in order to turn.

The conversation of that whisper is revealed many episodes later, and some people get mad at Rick when he finally tells them.
View Quote

It was a weird and unrealistic source of drama for the group. There is no logical reason to not share this info, especially since people can due of heart attack or injury from non walker.

Seems like a major unnecessary risk.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yea you gotta take the show at face value and overlook all the obvious weapon upgrade scenarios.

Why use a modern auto / semi auto rifle to fight hoards of flesh eating zombies when you have a sword and a cross bow
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Swords and crossbows are cool, they add variety to the action. Besides, there are a lot of instances when you need to take out a walker two but not make a bunch of noise and draw more in.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I love Walking Dead.

Watched it all in quick succession on Netflix. Sunday will be the first time I watch it as it's airing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I love Walking Dead.

I like it also. There are things that could be better, but my kids and I like zombie stuff, so it's just good end-of-the-world entertainment.

Quoted:
Quoted:

He told them that the virus is in everyone and no matter what, when you die...you come back a zombie.  Until this point, people assumed that you had to be bitten in order to turn.

The conversation of that whisper is revealed many episodes later, and some people get mad at Rick when he finally tells them.

It was a weird and unrealistic source of drama for the group. There is no logical reason to not share this info, especially since people can due of heart attack or injury from non walker.

The impression I got is that he wanted to see proof of it before revealing it to the group and making people panic over it. When he saw that proof with Shane, then he told them.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol this, say you're exploring the middle of no where with no zombies seen for days and the guy your with dies in an accident knowing that he will come back to life and try to eat me would cause me to do a lot more than cover his body up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
yes. everyone turns into a walker upon death.
View Quote

This.  Walker bites just cause an infection and speed the process up..
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some uses of that crossbow are definitely . For hunting, and trying to be quiet, fine. But for fighting, that's silly.

The sword I actually think is a pretty good weapon to have in a Walking Dead scenario for walkers. Keeps them at arm's length and still very effective.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So that being said, do they know how the virus started or did it come from somewhere?

Does it explain the origin?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FTWD, which begins just as the "outbreak" starts, does a much better/clearer job of explaining the death/zombie process (whereas TWD starts something like a month into the crisis).

The zombification process has been explained numerous times:  everyone already has the virus.  Everyone turns into a zombie when they die no matter how they die, (unless they suffer brain trauma):  zombie bite, gunshot, whatever, they turn.

So that being said, do they know how the virus started or did it come from somewhere?

The origin has never been explained,
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Honestly, I've watched the show off and on for the last couple of years and I'm not hundred percent sure, but in this universe you have to be killed to come back as a zombie.

Being bitten by a zombie or getting zombie shit all over you won't make you a zombie because you have the virus.

I mean people have been grossly contaminated with zombie blood and they haven't become zombies, but people get bitten? That is a whole lot of bullshit.

Wasn't this contradicted in a plot hole though?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Sometimes I think I'm the only Arfcommer who actually likes the show.  

Maybe my expectations are just lower than most folks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like it. I just see it as good zombie-fighting fun without obsessing over science and reality.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Honestly, I've watched the show off and on for the last couple of years and I'm not hundred percent sure, but in this universe you have to be killed to come back as a zombie.

Being bitten by a zombie or getting zombie shit all over you won't make you a zombie because you have the virus.

I mean people have been grossly contaminated with zombie blood and they haven't become zombies, but people get bitten? That is a whole lot of bullshit.

Wasn't this contradicted in a plot hole though?
View Quote

I think it's contradicted by the whole "already infected" thing but I don't know that's ever been said outright.  

My question has always been about darryl. He's been impaled with his own bolts he's used on walkers, but not gotten infected. Also, they've eaten meat killed with his bolts without becoming sick...
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think their survivability ratio would have about doubled if Shane had killed Rick about 12 minutes after Rick showed up at the camp.

Not to mention Shane wasn't a sympathbetic protagonist.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Love the show. Anyone else notice that they are currently dispatching Walkers with equipment that wasn't yet available when the outbreak started? Zombies are tearing up the world, and Magpul is still crunching out UBR's, awesome.
View Quote
That is funny.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

No you're not. 87% of GD likes it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Swords and crossbows are cool, they add variety to the action. Besides, there are a lot of instances when you need to take out a walker two but not make a bunch of noise and draw more in.

View Quote

The mix of weapons makes it interesting.

Under the circumstances one would think there would be M4s/M16s/AR15 sufficient for all, a better weapon than the Mosin Nagants and M1 carbines some characters carry. But it wouldn't be as much fun to watch.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They were never on the road together before meeting anybody else. They were at work together episode 1 then reunite later in the season. Shane was already with the group. Dont want to give away the rest so watch and enjoy. I think they're all on Netflix.

And oh yeah.....Shane was banging a bitchy slut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I started watching the show when the helicopter crashed witnessed by Michone and Andrea...where the Governor shows up at the crash site.

I've seen every episode since.

Then, during a marathon...I was able to record and watch every episode up to that point...but I started with the CDC episode.  I think I've figured out that I need to get ahold of the first 6 or so episodes to I can see how it all started.  I never saw any of the stuff where Shane and Rick were on the road before meeting others...and the whole abandoning Merle on the roof is something I'd like to see.

They were never on the road together before meeting anybody else. They were at work together episode 1 then reunite later in the season. Shane was already with the group. Dont want to give away the rest so watch and enjoy. I think they're all on Netflix.

And oh yeah.....Shane was banging a bitchy slut.

In some if the flashback scenes, I saw cars stuck on the road...and there was mention of Carol's daughter. I had no idea she had a daughter until I watched those early Hershell farm episodes.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

When the group was flee the Atlanta CDC because the CDC guy was going to blow it up.

What did the CDC guy whisper in Rick's ear and why did he tell Rick that one day he would owe that guy?

I just started watching it the season before last so I don't know if you find out what all that was about?
View Quote

Shane fucked your wife and it's his baby.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zika Virus

You can tell because all the zombies have tiny heads.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:38:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well there is that "I'm gonna turn into a zombie when I die so why not just give up now?" aspect of not telling everyone.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:40:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Didn't the CDC doctor also mention something about being in radio contact with doctors/scientists in France before he died/committed suicide?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC correctly, he was in contact with the French but he said something like "until they went down."
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:03:39 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm really looking forward to the season premier.

Alexandria is done.

Someone was taking that church steeple apart so that it would collapse.

I hope Gene makes it. I hope Enid gets bit. Coral ain't never getting laid.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:10:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, but in the shows, and in the Telltale games, if you get bitten by a zombie you die and then turn, whereas any other wound it heals if it does not become infected.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:23:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

He said meet me in the back office and I'll give you a san diego thank you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top