Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fair critical analysis, apparently.

The "God made dogs" statement really is like the "Look how the banana fits our hand!" stuff.

But don't point that out.   Cuz then you're a meanie.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Starting it out with the idea that god controlls the fates of a man-made companion animal is, well, bringing God into it. In GD, which is not the religious forum, where topics are open to any and all discussions, we're talking about dogs and God and stuff - since the OP brought it up.

Religious forum, where Atheists never shit, is thataway------------->

I'm not taking about religious interpretations of different things in life, I'm talking about whether God was brought into a discussion or if the discussion started out that way. And it did.

And there are sub-forums for everything. What else should be left out of GD?

The "God made dogs" statement really is like the "Look how the banana fits our hand!" stuff.

The question posed by the OP was if God takes dogs away too soon, not who made them. The fact that dogs were made by man was brought up later by an atheist who felt the need to shit in the thread.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The question posed by the OP was if God takes dogs away too soon, not who made them. The fact that dogs were made by man was brought up later by an atheist who felt the need to shit in the thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Starting it out with the idea that god controlls the fates of a man-made companion animal is, well, bringing God into it. In GD, which is not the religious forum, where topics are open to any and all discussions, we're talking about dogs and God and stuff - since the OP brought it up.

I'm not taking about religious interpretations of different things in life, I'm talking about whether God was brought into a discussion or if the discussion started out that way. And it did.

Maybe (?!) I'm being autistic again, but those seem like intimately related points.

If some breeds of dogs live longer than others, and all breeds of dogs were created by man, then it follows that God doesn't take dogs away.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I like to think that if "heaven" does exist and if I'm lucky enough to get in, it will be filled with the things that brought me joy in my life.

View Quote

What if those things that gave you joy on earth, are in heaven, but they give somebody else terror? Will heaven for you be hell for them?

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Maybe (?!) I'm being autistic again, but those seem like intimately related points.

If some breeds of dogs live longer than others, and all breeds of dogs were created by man, then it follows that God doesn't take dogs away.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a cool point, if you want to debate it. My point is that wasn't the topic. It was brought up by an atheist just for the purpose of derailing the thread because religion must be shit upon at every opportunity.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's a cool point, if you want to debate it. My point is that wasn't the topic. It was brought up by an atheist just for the purpose of derailing the thread because religion must be shit upon at every opportunity.

View Quote

Then don't bring up religion in a forum where people are free to criticize it.

There is a sub-forum here where people are expressly forbidden from offering criticism.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What if those things that gave you joy on earth, are in heaven, but they give somebody else terror? Will heaven for you be hell for them?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like to think that if "heaven" does exist and if I'm lucky enough to get in, it will be filled with the things that brought me joy in my life.

My heaven my rules...  I would also think heaven would be absent of fear... just sayin.  

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm amazed that some atheists here completely missed the point of this thread
Apparent they are ignorant to the reference of God bringing someone home.
(If they were they would have understood the meaning and maybe not look so foolish).

So to make it very simple for them and so hopefully they understand I will explain it.

The term "God brings them home early" is a polite way to say "they die"

Now since we have members who have had their dogs die (as have I)
I was being understanding and polite in wording the title such as I did.

So I will  paraphrase the title so the Atheist here can understand it
"Some days I wonder if  dogs die early because they are so awesome."

PS: It's pretty bad that I had to actually explain this for them

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
(If they were they would have understood the meaning and maybe not look so foolish).

So to make it very simple for them and so hopefully they understand I will explain it.

View Quote

It's coy to pretend you weren't trolling. And that's being charitable.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Know what really makes me laugh?

It's that so many here actually take me so much more serious than I take myself.
and even more so they truly give me so much more credit that I honestly deserve.

99.9% of the time I just say what pops in my head. No Plotting, no planning, but Pop, and there it is.

I mean honestly, Either I'm a whole lot smarter than I realize (doubtful)
or the ones here getting bent out of shape truly lack any real intelligence.

Do you really take me that serious? I sure don't take myself serious.

BTW, if you think this thread is trolling they you truly are reaching.

Everyone here knows I love dogs, always have, always will.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There is a sub-forum here where people are expressly forbidden from offering criticism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough. But it would also be nice if atheists could try resisting the urge to go into attack mode every time someone says anything remotely religious. We're not the enemy.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's that so many here actually take me so much more serious than I take myself.
and even more so they truly give me so much more credit that I honestly deserve.

99.9% of the time I just say what pops in my head. No Plotting, no planning, but Pop, and there it is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've typed post after post after post, completely spontaneously? Things just "pop into your head", and the next thing you know they've even been type-written with quotes and all? And you're shocked - shocked! - that anyone could think you were trying to stir the pot? Fascinating.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You've typed post after post after post, completely spontaneously? Things just "pop into your head", and the next thing you know they've even been type-written with quotes and all? Fascinating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've typed post after post after post, completely spontaneously? Things just "pop into your head", and the next thing you know they've even been type-written with quotes and all? Fascinating.

Huh?

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are sewer rats wicked awesome cause they die early too?

If you wanted to say dogs are cool, you could have.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

[1] And if you remember that, you'll also remember He also took the time to see animals were preserved.

[2] When God created animals, He saw that it was "good".

[3] Isaiah implies that animals will be with us after judgement. He tells us that "The wolf and the lamb shall graze together; the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,” .

[4] Psalm 145:9  tells us, "The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made."

[5] We sinned, not the animals. We brought death into the world and animas suffer because of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
God loves us why would he harm us?  

Because he is a bloodthirsty sadist who likes to watch living beings suffer and die.

Remember, according to the Bible he once killed virtually every living thing on Earth.

[1] And if you remember that, you'll also remember He also took the time to see animals were preserved.

[2] When God created animals, He saw that it was "good".

[3] Isaiah implies that animals will be with us after judgement. He tells us that "The wolf and the lamb shall graze together; the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,” .

[4] Psalm 145:9  tells us, "The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made."

[5] We sinned, not the animals. We brought death into the world and animas suffer because of it.

[1] A handful of animals and humans were preserved. That's quite irrelevant to the point, though.

[2] If it was "good," why did he then kill nearly all of them?

[3] Apparently God plans to kill all of the carnivores. Aside from the "small" matter that the wolf and the lion have teeth designed for eating flesh, there is the question of if their gastro-intestinal systems would properly digest grass and straw. I'm pretty sure that dust won't provide much nourishment, so the serpent is toast. (But then, God has always had it in for serpents... )

[4] Please. God was not the least bit merciful to the men, women, and children of Sodom and Gomorrah, nor to the countless people and animals he drowned.

[5] Nonsense. Death is God's doing. Humans and animals were created as mortal beings, subject to death by accident, old age, disease, and predators. And Man's supposed "sin" has nothing to do with the fact that, if God created everything, he designed predators to kill prey.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's a cool point, if you want to debate it. My point is that wasn't the topic. It was brought up by an atheist just for the purpose of derailing the thread...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a cool point, if you want to debate it. My point is that wasn't the topic. It was brought up by an atheist just for the purpose of derailing the thread...

No derailing was intended. Someone said that God made dogs. I merely noted that was an erroneous statement, that Man -- not God -- created dogs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Does that mean you don't truly believe that dogs go to Heaven when they die?

<chuckle> If you had gone with that version, I'd wager the typical response (from anyone, believer or atheist) would've been, "Huh?"

Either way, dogs do not generally die "early."* And when they do die, it is not because they are awesome. Like countless other awesome critters, dogs just have a shorter average life span than humans.

==================

* I once had a beautiful Australian Shepherd that did die at a much younger age than she should have. Her passing saddened me deeply.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Fair enough. But it would also be nice if atheists could try resisting the urge to go into attack mode every time someone says anything remotely religious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough. But it would also be nice if atheists could try resisting the urge to go into attack mode every time someone says anything remotely religious.

Your "attack mode" hyperbole aside, it would be equally nice if Christians would resist the urge to inject their religion into discussions.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Your "attack mode" hyperbole aside, it would be equally nice if Christians would resist the urge to inject their religion into discussions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay out of the thread if you object to the topic, unless trolling them is irresistible to you.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:35:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You don't need proof of the existence of God, yet you ask me for proof of the lack of dog souls? If dogs went to heaven, the bible would have said so. God watches everything and cares for everything, but heaven is for (some) people. It's quite clear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It always pains me to see a thread where someone has had their dog die.
And it makes me think of how truly awesome our dogs truly are to us.

When my father died my dog at the time sat quietly by me and comforted me.
It makes me wonder if they get to go home early because they are so awesome.

Go and pet your Dogs everyone, and remember their time here with us is short.

Dogs don't have souls and can't go to heaven
. People who insist they do make God very angry and then those people don't get to go to heaven either. Trying to change how Christianity is and how heaven works because you want things to be how you like them is a pretty nasty sin.

Do you have proof, or just the word of man to come to that conclusion?

You don't need proof of the existence of God, yet you ask me for proof of the lack of dog souls? If dogs went to heaven, the bible would have said so. God watches everything and cares for everything, but heaven is for (some) people. It's quite clear.

The above just doesn't match up with statements we got in church that heaven had ANYTHING you desire...because mine has dogs.  without dogs, or other wild things it just wouldn't be as interesting as it could.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:39:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You shouldn't just say what pops into your head. Really. That stuff isn't good.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:40:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Fair enough. But it would also be nice if atheists could try resisting the urge to go into attack mode every time someone says anything remotely religious. We're not the enemy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not, but this is some retarded shit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:42:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The above just doesn't match up with statements we got in church that heaven had ANYTHING you desire...because mine has dogs.  without dogs, or other wild things it just wouldn't be as interesting as it could.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It always pains me to see a thread where someone has had their dog die.
And it makes me think of how truly awesome our dogs truly are to us.

When my father died my dog at the time sat quietly by me and comforted me.
It makes me wonder if they get to go home early because they are so awesome.

Go and pet your Dogs everyone, and remember their time here with us is short.

Dogs don't have souls and can't go to heaven
. People who insist they do make God very angry and then those people don't get to go to heaven either. Trying to change how Christianity is and how heaven works because you want things to be how you like them is a pretty nasty sin.

Do you have proof, or just the word of man to come to that conclusion?

That sounds blasphemous to me.

Heaven is being in the presence of God. You don't need anything more than God. You don't miss your relatives or your dog or anything else because God is sufficient.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:45:53 AM EDT
[#23]
well this thread got pretty deep...

here is a big question.

Should I spend the day with my dog or leave her to go the Great American Outdoor Show..

The fact that they exclude all non-service dogs from this event is likely to trigger my micro-aggressions
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:53:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Stay out of the thread if you object to the topic, unless trolling them is irresistible to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. I don't object to any topics.

2. It isn't "trolling" to discuss remarks made by posters in a discussion forum.

3. If religious folks don't want to see views which are contrary to their beliefs, the most effective way to avoid that is to refrain from posting religious statements.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:28:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My dog is taking a nap on me right now. Not much makes me feel better than that.
View Quote

So true.  I really prefer the company of dogs to most people, not all but most.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My Pomeranian is fucked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do pit bulls and dogs that maul people or tear up furniture  go to hell?

Now you've done it.

The concept of Dog Heaven was hard enough to grasp for some, and now you have to bring in Dog Hell.

The crux of the issue would be if the dog knew it was doing something against the wishes of God and decided to do it anyway.  If that is the case, it's off to Doggy Hades.  Sniff Cerberus's ass on the way by.

My Pomeranian is fucked.

Most Pomeranians would be...  
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#27]
These are the kinds of things you tell small children to comfort them.

I find the fact that fully grown adults are parroting the same things more than a little disturbing quite frankly.

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Dogs don't have souls, so no.
View Quote

Proof?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do pit bulls and dogs that maul people or tear up furniture  go to hell?

Now you've done it.

The concept of Dog Heaven was hard enough to grasp for some, and now you have to bring in Dog Hell.

The crux of the issue would be if the dog knew it was doing something against the wishes of God and decided to do it anyway.  If that is the case, it's off to Doggy Hades.  Sniff Cerberus's ass on the way by.

My Pomeranian is fucked.

He's not most Pomeranians. He's Simo, the White Death, pure evil incarnate. Behold his soulless glare:

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#30]
The Bible states that for the ones who have been called in and through Christ, that in this case, then God would indeed give to us the desires of our heats.
Therefore, if a person prays for a spiritual reuniting in the kingdom of God according to anything that he or she may ask for, then it should be given to them.
In love, and by the word of God, unless stricken at one point from our eternal memories as with God all things are possible, yet we should receive anything that we ask for.
Jesus said, '' You receive not because you ask not, " and again, "If you ask anything of the Father in My name it will be given to you."
So that the Father might be glorified in the Son (Or as One through the Spirit of God).
Jesus also said so about these things so that your joy might be full as well.
And a joy it would be!
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My mom told me thunder was god bowling when I was a small child.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My vet said that God lets dogs sleep on His bed up in heaven until we join them.

Lol you guys kill me sometimes....

Your mom should have told you about how breathing water was good for you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My vet said that God lets dogs sleep on His bed up in heaven until we join them.

Lol you guys kill me sometimes....

LOL!
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#33]
The atmosphere contains 37 million billion gallons of water.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#34]
stanc, anyone is free to come and go out of any of these threads as they choose as you well know.
As long as CoC compliant, anyone may post anything that they choose.
The OP however, does not object to Christian views and claims to be Christian himself.
The kingdom of God has been brought forward as a real and tangible situation according to the OP.
The title also makes reference to the universal Creator as, "God," or the God of Abraham which is Christ.
So what's the deal stanc my friend?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#35]
My dog loves me, God loves me and my dog
the world is good
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My dog loves me, God loves me and my dog the world is good
View Quote

Amen

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top