Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So you don't have to click the link, yes they are union.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Fucking imagine that!  You don't say.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The real reason is because Mexicans drive better than people from Indiana and the insurance costs were too high.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was going to put that in the title, but figured it would be assumed anyway.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Carrier’s workers are separated into a two-tier wage system. A quarter of the workers make about $14 an hour, or about $30,000 a year. The rest make about $26 an hour, or about $55,000, but make well above $70,000 a year with overtime, Jones said.
View Quote

Awkward.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, unions fault. Current tier of $14 an hour is just to high...........................

It's a race to the bottom union or not.

What they should do is fire the asshoes that hired the engineers that designed some of the fvcked up systems in the past.

Don't worry people,  we'll be supporting them 100% now, hope everyone feels better.

Always love when companies bitch about OT wages when they cut workers and then have to run the remaining workers longer shifts.................

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Hurry!  Build the wall
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#8]

The ole economy is really humming right along.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't blame this on unions. $14 an hour is not very high of a wage, especially for semi skilled assembly line work. It's not like they are taping cardboard boxes together. I mean, $14 and hour, come on...
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can't blame this on unions. $14 an hour is not very high of a wage, especially for semi skilled assembly line work. It's not like they are taping cardboard boxes together. I mean, $14 and hour, come on...
View Quote

That's only 25% of the workers.  75% is making $26 an hour, which would have been the driving force in this.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#11]
clickbait pita.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I bet it was healthcare costs as the driving factor

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#13]
No worries.

For every American position driven out, one hundred completely malleable, illiterate parasites are welcomed.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#14]
But all the billionaires are saying that Americans won't do these jobs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#15]
#ohwell ®
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Trump right as usual
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's only 25% of the workers.  75% is making $26 an hour, which would have been the driving force in this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the workers could be making $10 an hour and they would still move.

No American is going to work cheap enough.  

I bet the executives are raking in millions though...
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#18]
What's up with you and the Indiana news?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#19]
but....but......we're at 5% unemployment they said
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Trump right as usual
View Quote

No hes a Democrat lying to all of us. He's going to fuck us all, ban guns and cave to the Democrats on everything. That Canadian and his legion of haters told me so.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What's up with you and the Indiana news?
View Quote

Indiana, Tennessee and a few others are now on my news feed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah, unions fault. Current tier of $14 an hour is just to high...........................

What they should do is fire the asshoes that hired the engineers that designed some of the fvcked up systems in the past.

Don't worry people,  we'll be supporting them 100% now, hope everyone feels better.

Always love when companies bitch about OT wages when they cut workers and then have to run the remaining workers longer shifts.................

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think that $14 an hour is TOO high a salary?
Ridiculous.

I'm assuming your comment was saracasm
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Nothing new. When I got out of the Army in 1993, I got hired to work as a security gate guard at the Lennox air conditioner plant in Columbus, Ohio. They told me to stop every vehicle leaving and search it for company property.

It turned out that my first night was the plant's last. They shuttered the plant and sent the jobs to Mexico. A stream of pissed off factory workers in pickup trucks flew by my shack on the way out of the lot. No one even slowed down.

The company then used the land to make a yuppie shopping center. A grungy industrial area just outside of OSU with a factory, strip clubs, and seedy bars became The Lennox Center, home of college yoga pants and hipsters in snow hats sipping coffee.

EDIT - Proofreading.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Another win for the unions!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to sound like a commie to ARF, but it's a race to the bottom. If $28/hr is too much an hour to ARF, then you are more of a commie than you think I am. Oh a whole $54k or so a year OMG unions!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Three cheers for exporting jobs...its just business! We shouild all rejoice in the fact that the employer has the freedom to do this while being subsidized for any costs involved in outsourcing those jobs.  America! Fuck Ya!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess the only positive thing about this is at least the company moved the jobs to Mexico, instead of simply firing the Americans and replacing them with Mexicans.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm all for less Indiana drivers on the road
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ridiculous.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ridiculous.

Yes, total sarcasm.

As mentioned above, likely not hourly pay, $26 or $14 makes no matter, it was health beni's and payments.

I'd bet upper management will be getting a fat bonus though.

I see the CFO has his compensation hidden. Also bet he gets a golden parachute in the next couple years.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm going to sound like a commie to ARF, but it's a race to the bottom. If $28/hr is too much an hour to ARF, then you are more of a commie than you think I am. Oh a whole $54k or so a year OMG unions!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats  not the point at all. If short term profits can boosted and bonuses paid for this move... why shouldn't the management do it? Capitalism ...somebody gets fucked.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I guess the only positive thing about this is at least the company moved the jobs to Mexico, instead of simply firing the Americans and replacing them with Mexicans.
View Quote

LOL! thats some funny shit right there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thats  not the point at all. If short term profits can boosted and bonuses paid for this move... why shouldn't the management do it? Capitalism ...somebody gets fucked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More work for me with shitty Mexican quality assembly and likely cheaper parts.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#34]
LOL....I remember a few years back when the locals were saying that Dupont would never sell their high performance finishing sector because it was a cash cow for the company ranking only behind Ag products.

Now some of them work for Axalta with reduced wages and bennies. It was a non-union plant too.

Now Dupont will merge with Dow in a few months and thousands of jobs will be lost.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sadly, Brutus, you will need to dig fairly deep in order to find the good old free market capitalism you are referring to.

The exodus of American jobs is the result of Americas facist economic system. Not competent management.

Like the flux of section 8 housing and sudden "gentrification" in our cities, the global movement of business is the result of government interference or preference.

No Friedman here.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Going to go with health care costs as the underlying factor, or one of the major factors leading to the move.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Hurry!  Build the wall
View Quote
^^ This!  

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#38]
At least they didn't ship the jobs to China like when they shut down the Carrier plant in Syracuse, NY.  Jobs leaving the US for Mexico might take some Mexicans back to Mexico with them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:14:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Sad when I have to turn to Japan automakers to buy made in the US vehicles and another foreign owned company for made in the US furnaces and HVAC.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Are there any people left in Mexico

They're either here or dead ( from the drug wars ).
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Love Arfcom.  Blame any employee who's making a good wage, say let capitalism rule, then cry like hell if they lose their job or .22 is too expensive.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Carrier closed their plant in TN about 20 years ago. I think it too went to May-he-co, but I'm not sure. Sure hurt a LOT of people in Warren Co went they closed.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Good luck with that.

My company moved our factory to Mexico about 7 years ago, and they flat fuck can't make anything. Quality went to shit to mediocre to shit again. We're getting anywhere from 3-10 warranty claims for each unit shipped, and most of the time they don't ship all the parts. It cost us thousands of dollars in extra labor every job, probably to the tune of millions and millions every year nationally.

We're in the process of moving the factory back to the US. Bean counting costs more than it saves as it turns out.

There's a lot of dumbfucks in upper management these days.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Ever been to East Syracuse NY.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Are there any people left in Mexico

They're either here or dead ( from the drug wars ).
View Quote

Looking around my county lately, I've often had the same thought. Can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a Mexican in the back of the head. I've been thinking about moving down there for the solitude.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Carrier closed their plant in TN about 20 years ago. I think it too went to May-he-co, but I'm not sure. Sure hurt a LOT of people in Warren Co went they closed.  
View Quote

There's a Carrier plant in northern MS just south of Memphis. I wonder if it's on the chopping block.

I'm glad I bought a Trane for my replacement, it was probably manufactured somewhere here in the midsouth...I should go look and see for peace of mind. :D
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Carrier has offloaded its warranty to a second party.

I've been told Amana is the only company still standing behind their own warranty. I've had good luck with two Carrier heat pumps but when it's time to replace one or both I'll be looking at an Amana with natural gas heat.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#50]
better than moving 1400 Mexicans to Indy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top