Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2016 8:06:18 AM EDT
I have been screwing around for over a year looking at insurance for guns and haven't done anything yet. I just received an email yesterday from the NRA for "ArmsCare Plus" insurance.

Anyone have experience with that insurance?

Is there better/more cost effective?

I'd prefer, hopefully something I don't have to list everything. Is there something like that out there?

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Collect insure.  Don't have to list unless single item valued over 5K and they will cover ammo.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Collect insure.  Don't have to list unless single item valued over 5K and they will cover ammo.

View Quote

How much does it cost? I checked to do a quote to see and they want to much personal info and I don't want all the junk mail

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#3]
About $8 annualy per $1000 insured

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

hmmmmmm

http://collectinsure.com/what-we-insure/guns-knives-accessories
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Tag for when I'm home from work.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Ive used Collect Insure for a few years. I think I pay about $75 for $10k in coverage. No serials, inventory, etc need to be provided. They do have some basic requirements such as a monitored alarm and a safe weighing of so many pounds (400# I think). I have made one claim with them and the process was painless. Had money in my hand in about two weeks. They covered the pistol, the ammo in it, and the holster. Even took me at my word for current market value, which I was shocked to learn.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Just checked them (Collect Insure). $182 for 25k
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#8]
ArmsCare Plus wants $281 for the same 25k
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ive used Collect Insure for a few years. I think I pay about $75 for $10k in coverage. No serials, inventory, etc need to be provided. They do have some basic requirements such as a monitored alarm and a safe weighing of so many pounds (400# I think). I have made one claim with them and the process was painless. Had money in my hand in about two weeks. They covered the pistol, the ammo in it, and the holster. Even took me at my word for current market value, which I was shocked to learn.
View Quote
Your firearms need to be 6" off the ground (so the safe needs to be elevated). This is what I was told when I got coverage. They also cover ammo and it does not need to be locked up (the ammo that is). I had to give them a gun list.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#10]
+1 for Collect Insure.

They've always been helpful and I've seen at least one review online of the claims process saying it was very easy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:52:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Your firearms need to be 6" off the ground (so the safe needs to be elevated). This is what I was told when I got coverage. They also cover ammo and it does not need to be locked up (the ammo that is). I had to give them a gun list.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How much coverage do you have? At 10k I provided them with nothing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I use it to insure my double rifle when I travel to Africa. Because airlines sometimes steal your shit. More correctly, airline employees.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#14]
This thread has me looking into what coverage I have with my homeowner's policy.  I'm considering talking to my agent, but I'm concerned (tinfoil hat) about bumping the coverage way up and then wanting serial numbers or later on putting me into some high risk category.  Hey, I have to pay a little extra on my policy since when I got the house they asked about woodburning stoves and that added to the cost, some policies have a list of prohibited "vicious dogs", etc.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This thread has me looking into what coverage I have with my homeowner's policy.  I'm considering talking to my agent, but I'm concerned (tinfoil hat) about bumping the coverage way up and then wanting serial numbers or later on putting me into some high risk category.  Hey, I have to pay a little extra on my policy since when I got the house they asked about woodburning stoves and that added to the cost, some policies have a list of prohibited "vicious dogs", etc.
View Quote

Pretty sure they're going to want SN's
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

State Farm told me they would want serial numbers for personal articles insurance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

State Farm told me they would want serial numbers for personal articles insurance.

That's strange. I have extended firearms insurance through my State Farm homeowners policy and they didn't require anything from me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's strange. I have extended firearms insurance through my State Farm homeowners policy and they didn't require anything from me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found out today that I already selected the maximum coverage they offer, which is $2500 per gun, $5000 total.  Time to go back thru this thread and find more insurance...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top