Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just want a true Constitutionalist.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I like a lot of what Trump says, but just can't get over the feeling that he may be the ultimate troll. His history doesn't match his conservative position. I really hope that he has seen the light and realizes that the country needs to go in a different direction.

In November, it will be normal voting procedures. (vote for the lesser of two evils)
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Find one that can win.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I get about $977 per vote for Bush.

Reported $28.4 million spent in New Hampshire.

29083 votes.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#10]
When Trump is appointing SCOTUS nominees, people's attitudes about might change.

ETA: I hold that to be true even if all the stuff he is saying right now is not a lie. I like what he says, but I cannot trust him and I think he has zero grasp of the Constitution and what it means in regards to the court appointments. The only guy I trust for that is Ted Cruz. Maybe Rubio. Rubio is a fail on immigration but I think he'd at least try to appoint good judges.

Scalia is likely to retire in the next 8 years.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like a lot of what Trump says, but just can't get over the feeling that he may be the ultimate troll. His history doesn't match his conservative position. I really hope that he has seen the light and realizes that the country needs to go in a different direction.

In November, it will be normal voting procedures. (vote for the lesser of two evils)
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Trump's campaign is largely media funded due to the frenzy of his worshipers.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When Trump is appointing SCOTUS nominees, people's attitudes about might change.

ETA: I hold that to be true even if all the stuff he is saying right now is not a lie. I like what he says, but I cannot trust him and I think he has zero grasp of the Constitution and what it means in regards to the court appointments. The only guy I trust for that is Ted Cruz. Maybe Rubio. Rubio is a fail on immigration but I think he'd at least try to appoint good judges.

View Quote

In regards to the Constitution I think he holds about the same opinion on it as Obama. He may have different policy views but they're very alike in their thoughts on executive power.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In regards to the Constitution I think he holds about the same opinion on it as Obama. He may have different policy views but they're very alike in their thoughts on executive power.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something I found on him...hope it helps.....more info at the link.............

“The Second Amendment is a bedrock natural right of the individual to defend self, family, and property.  It is a ridiculous notion to ever repeal it.”

“For Rove to even think it shows a lack of respect for all of the freedoms in our Constitution and a complete ignorance of our shared American inheritance.”

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/07/donald-trump-talks-gun-control-assault-weapons-gun-free-zones/#axzz3zlW4nBQI
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Politicians NEVER bother about the cost of anything.
Why should they? They're spending OPM.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

“The Second Amendment is a bedrock natural right of the individual to defend self, family, and property.  It is a ridiculous notion to ever repeal it.”

“For Rove to even think it shows a lack of respect for all of the freedoms in our Constitution and a complete ignorance of our shared American inheritance.”

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/07/donald-trump-talks-gun-control-assault-weapons-gun-free-zones/#axzz3zlW4nBQI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So? Just because his thoughts on one issue align with yours doesn't give him a pass to behave how he wants. Trump has stated that he has no issues with consolidating power in the executive branch as Obama has but it's OK because he's doing it for the right reasons. That's my main issue, it's not WHAT he says but HOW he intends to do it. Liberals don't mind Obama's actions so long as they agree with the motivation and Trump supporters apparently feel the same way. The "it's OK as long as it is my guy" mentality.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cruz
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I want someone to ask Trump who his "Top 3 SCOTUS Appointees" might be.  If they are all his elitist liberal political friends that he has been hobnobbing with at Clinton, Reid, Schumer, Weiner functions his entire adult life...  Well, that is something America needs to know.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I want someone to ask Trump who his "Top 3 SCOTUS Appointees" might be.  If they are all his elitist liberal political friends that he has been hobnobbing with at Clinton, Reid, Schumer, Weiner functions his entire adult life...  Well, that is something America needs to know.
View Quote

Make a twitter account and ask him, I am sure many here would like to hear what he says......
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Cruz
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Trump    40 bucks   a vote   to win with 35%

Bush   $ 1,200  per vote   to finish 4th   with 11%  

And   this is the Business man President   I want .......  Trump  2016
View Quote

Cruz spent less than $16 per vote and took 3rd in a liberal haven.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much this.  

Not just Scalia (very conservative, turns 80 this year)....but Bader-Ginsberg (liberal, 83)....Anthony Kennedy (moderate, 80).....and Stephen Breyer ( liberal but not as much as Ginsberg..78) are all likely retirees in the near future...

That means 4 potential appointees in 4 years, and almost certainly within 8 years.  

There could be more due to other issues (health related).  

Even Trump***** (especially if he has a Republican Senate) would likely appoint more conservatives than Sanders or Clinton would.    

The political leanings of the US Supreme Court WILL change in the near future.

Sanders/Clinton get in, they will change one conservative vote and one moderate vote to two liberal votes...(In addition to two direct liberal replacements).    Changing the court from 4(lib) -1 - 4(cons)  to  6(lib) - 3(cons).

Trump/Rubio/Cruz get in, they'll replace two liberal votes and one moderate vote with conservatives (in addition to a direct conservative replacement) .    Changing the court 4 - 1 - 4  to  2 - 7.

That's a HUGE difference.     The next time the ages of several  justices fall into the 80s is 16 years from now....that's a awful long time for us to be looking at Justice Barack Obama (or maybe Michelle Obama), Justice Eric Holder (or Justice Loretta Lynch in payment for not going after Hillary) writing the Majority Opinion....

Eta:   *****Trump may or may not be a true conservative...but he's going to have to work with a Republican controlled Senate, so I think his picks will at least tend towards more conservative....
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Trump    40 bucks   a vote   to win with 35%

Bush   $ 1,200  per vote   to finish 4th   with 11%  

And   this is the Business man President   I want .......  Trump  2016
View Quote

Cruz spent around $17 dollars per vote based on the 580k spent figure I saw yesterday.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Jeb is a dope but trump does get millions in free publicity from the left wing media,huh I wonder why?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top