Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/9/2016 11:09:33 PM EDT

Yeah, the governor of Maine made it so that any able bodies person collecting food stamps at least had to have a job or do volunteer work. Food stamp recipients dropped by 80%.

Seems like this should be taken nationwide. I am completely okay with social safety nets as it is cheaper to feed the poor than to have them riot and steal stuff.

However, there should be no free ride and at the very least anyone receiving welfare or food stamps should be forced into a WPA like arrangement. Make it inconvenient and the parasites will stop.

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/robert-rector/when-maine-required-childless-adults-work-get-food-stamps-guess-what

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
As this mainly applies to childless adults, I would think this would make the FSA more likely to have children than work.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty mean, is he a Republican?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As this mainly applies to childless adults, I would think this would make the FSA more likely to have children than work.
View Quote

ZERO benefits for bastard kids or from broken marriages.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Georgia is getting there too! Metro area right now, but soon statewide!

Link
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're a glass half empty kinda guy,  aren't you?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Easy enough. Don't pay parasites to have babies. Free (mandated) birth control is cheaper in the long run.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL. Yeah and unicorns will transport them to their new found employment. This is just to fool your into believing what's happening is not happening.

I'll explain it. See how they talk about able bodied adults without dependents? 80% of them didn't go out and start supporting themselves. They just started claiming they are disabled. In New York anxiety, depression, bi polar, PTSD (we ain't talking about war vets here) are the norm. Also it encourages to Shaniqua and Maria Guadalupe-Cortes-Guevarra to continue to have lots of kids because as long as they have a kid under a certain age they are excused from any work.

Sorry to burst your bubble OP. It's kind of like when Obama talked about how he had deported more people then past presidents. He just changed the definition of "deported" to include more people.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must ID the father or no. Check
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Jindal pushed for something similar here. Democrat got elected to replace him, it was changed his first week, I believe.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
LOL. Yeah and unicorns will transport them to their new found employment. This is just to fool your into believing what's happening is not happening.

I'll explain it. See how they talk about able bodied adults without dependents? 80% of them didn't go out and start supporting themselves. They just started claiming they are disabled. In New York anxiety, depression, bi polar, PTSD (we ain't talking about war vets here) are the norm. Also it encourages to Shaniqua and Maria Guadalupe-Cortes-Guevarra to continue to have lots of kids because as long as they have a kid under a certain age they are excused from any work.

Sorry to burst your bubble OP. It's kind of like when Obama talked about how he had deported more people then past presidents. He just changed the definition of "deported" to include more people.

View Quote

Smoke and mirrors folks.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Mandatory drug tests...
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:55:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Maine has a 1.2%   African  American population  

So  this isn't about race      

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#15]

You do know Maine is 95% White, right?

Beat by 15 minutes...
Funny though, I was there 10/14 for a few days. No matter the color, they acted, dresses and lived the same. I went through a few lower demographic neighborhoods, the only difference was color.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Doesn't matter that's how they will fight it in other states.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Is that you Allen West?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:18:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm curious of what the ethnic percentages are of the federal benefit users are?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:21:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, that's a winning message.

Any Republican 2016: "Did your marriage fail?  I'm going to take away all of the benefits your children receive because fuck you".

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#20]
They changed our system to that same one in January.  Huge uproar from the FSA.  However,  one way to qualify is to show that they have looked for work as well.  So they just go apply at a bunch of places they never intend on working at.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:25:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Any Republican 2016: "Did your marriage fail?  I'm going to take away all of the benefits your children receive because fuck you".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, it's kinda like NC law about separations. You have to remain separated for 1 year before divorce. Well, if you follow that and somehow you think you can live together again, but can't you got to wait another entire damn year to file for divorce. Stupid Bible thumper law right there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:27:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do prison inmates automatically have their DNA taken and saved on file?

Has any state agency gone back through these same DNA records to identify that the former inmate is the father of such and such child and forced to start paying child support?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#23]
The rate only drops until they find a new way to scam the system.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm realistic enough to understand that the FSA will not be denied.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#25]
There are people who get divorced so they can both pull disability and other benefits...and live under the same house..raising the same children...

Need to completely get rid of all safety nets for a couple decades...

I would vote to run centers for the mentally handicapped and children in the state systems...

Outside of that...get a job or figure it out...
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:38:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would the government be providing benefits if there was a man in the picture whose job as "DAD" is taking care of his kids. We have whole apparatuses in place to compel this should the "DAD" fail to comply.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:40:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why would the government be providing benefits if there was a man in the picture whose job as "DAD" is taking care of his kids. We have whole apparatuses in place to compel this should the "DAD" fail to comply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you replace dad with the government..you get a voter who will vote certain people into office in order to keep the shit train rolling...

It works.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep, it's kinda like NC law about separations. You have to remain separated for 1 year before divorce. Well, if you follow that and somehow you think you can live together again, but can't you got to wait another entire damn year to file for divorce. Stupid Bible thumper law right there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that stuff is on the books because of the multiple offenders who divorce remarry and realize they got it right the first time, then run back to the judges to fix their second mistake. I know a woman who is working on divorce #13, and at least one was a repeat performance.

PS You probably know the rules going, in and if you choose to marry in NC maybe the moving back in part should be avoided until you are sure you want to keep this one. But really, it is not the fault of the state of NC that people choose poorly.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:41:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am completely okay with social safety nets as it is cheaper to feed the poor than to have them riot and steal stuff.
View Quote

Then go start a private charity to feed them.

Government shouldn't be in the charity business.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:42:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

When you replace dad with the government..you get a voter who will vote certain people into office in order to keep the shit train rolling...

It works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It works.

I just think CanadaCanada does not understand how all of this is supposed to work outside of the .Gov theocracy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Let's have a meeting of all the black people affected by this, I'll rent the venue.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:14:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They changed our system to that same one in January.  Huge uproar from the FSA.  However,  one way to qualify is to show that they have looked for work as well.  So they just go apply at a bunch of places they never intend on working at.
View Quote

That's the way it here in our County in California.  I was at my wife's work dropping off a lunch for her, and a kid runs in with a job application and drops it on her desk and runs out.  "What the fuck was THAT all about?"

"Oh, we get that three or four times a day.  They have to send out resumes to show they've been trying to get a job or they don't get benefits.  Most send their kids in so they don't have to get out of the car," she said disgustedly, throwing the resume in the trash, "...and this is how they're 'filed'."
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#33]
States are filled with menial labor jobs. Why fill them with union toolbags when you can "work for food" instead of "food for free."

Cant leave the house? Guess you are going to be a remote phone desk for the state DMV or something else. That ass will work for food, or that ass will not have food.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
States are filled with menial labor jobs. Why fill them with union toolbags when you can "work for food" instead of "food for free."

Cant leave the house? Guess you are going to be a remote phone desk for the state DMV or something else. That ass will work for food, or that ass will not have food.
View Quote

Absolutely.  Can't leave the house/your fuck trophies to work?  Fine, telephone help line, stuffing envelopes, some sort of job is required.

Better yet, for the single moms, they can provide daycare for each other's fuck trophies, so the others can get their ass to work.  Flipping stop/go signs for a road crew all day?  Good enough.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:29:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Absolutely.  Can't leave the house/your fuck trophies to work?  Fine, telephone help line, stuffing envelopes, some sort of job is required.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Year round boarding schools for "at risk" kids would be a better investment than paying poor people to reproduce, and could probably turn to retard tide in three decades.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#36]
They should only give food stamps to people who can't afford activated cashews and cultured sea vegetables.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:33:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm curious of what the ethnic percentages are of the federal benefit users are?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whites reported alone makeup approximately 84% of total SS beneficiaries with estimated population at approximately 77%.

SSI stands at 64.7% for whites.

Please note, these are quick fact numbers and not from proper statistical research.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Divorce shouldn't be easy. Marriage is a big step and to many people inter in to it with the attitude that well if it doesn't work out I will just get divorced. It should be hard to get a divorce.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:42:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Better yet, for the single moms, they can provide daycare for each other's fuck trophies, so the others can get their ass to work.  Flipping stop/go signs for a road crew all day?  Good enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A sci fi writer (Flynn) proposed a solution to the problem of single women with kids not being able to work.  The Dragoon system:  set the women up in teams of 4.  3 of the 4 women go to work, with the 4th woman watching the kids of the other 3.  The 3 women each contribute 1/3rd of a set amount of money to support the 4th woman.  Every now and then they switch off, so that all get to work.  Even if you skip the switching off part, 3 of 4 women are in the workforce, supporting the 4th.  That's 3 women off the parasite rolls.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#40]
It should be this simple-

On welfare?  Want to keep on welfare?

You must
Pass random and routine drug tests
Mandatory BC for all people of sexual age (say 12+)
Work or volunteer for 20 hrs a week

It is that simple.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#41]
i love maine
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Welfare shouldn't exist period.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:44:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Obama will not like this, he waved the work requirement at the federal level.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Welfare shouldn't exist period.
View Quote

It should be strictly voluntary no one should ever be forced to pay for the subsistence of another.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#45]
No big thing.

Only applies to "abawd"s.

So they get a a disability or dependents and it's the same old same old.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Percentage voting for Bernie in Maine just skyrocketed?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Divorce shouldn't be easy. Marriage is a big step and to many people inter in to it with the attitude that well if it doesn't work out I will just get divorced. It should be hard to get a divorce.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, because the divorce itself is easy?  

by the time I got divorced, I was at the end of the rope, the very end.  making me wait another year wouldn't have done a damn thing and there wasn't a damn thing that would have made me get back with her.

now, in those states where the husband is automatically considered the father....how would it work if she got knocked up by someone else while the 1 year waiting period was occurring?  does waiting on divorce husband now have to be burdened by child care costs that he had no hand in?

oh, and fuck having to wait. fuck having to get counseling, especially if you have no kids.  if I want out, let me the fuck out, now.  by the time I've filed, I'm already fucking gone, I've already taken my shit and left and I'm never going back.  you thinking you are going to manipulate the divorce rate down isn't going to work.  but it may very well increase murders.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Let's have a meeting of all the black people affected by this, I'll rent the venue.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Mac0c1cb01fa360c63ac8337d1b044b2dH0&pid=15.1

View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Mac0c1cb01fa360c63ac8337d1b044b2dH0&pid=15.1

Dufuq did you find a pay phone booth outside of an airport? . I haven't seen one of those in years.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Without pairing it with mandatory birth control it won't work.  Best would be to declare anyone that has more then one kid while on welfare to be committing child abuse by bringing another child into a world of poverty, violence, substance abuse, etc.  Then have DCF take the kids and cut off all benefits until the mom and dad are both sterilized.  Then the kids can be returned and for all I care so can the benefits.  

The problem will correct itself rapidly.  Most especially with the blacks since they have a very strong cultural belief that is openly talked about that they need to outbreed whites.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
Ah, but that mostly only works for women, because in most cases, dead beat baby's daddy doesn't want to stay around his kids.

I'm directly talking about my cousin and her friends. Babie's daddies split eventually. The free shit wasn't worth the hassle of being around their offspring.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top