Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#1]
What happened to the good old days when 10-15 teenage grocery boys, including some running backs from the high school football team, would gang tackle a shoplifter in the parking lot and it was a free-for-all beat down until the police arrived?

The cops would cuff-and-stuff the thief while chuckling, "that's enough, boys...that's enough!" and laugh it off as, "boys just being boys" while they took the shoplifter to the ER to get them stitched up before taking them to jail.

Aah, to be a teenage grocery sacker back in the 70's again...$2.25/hr.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2016/2/10/suspected_lakeland_w.html

So now they're labeling the death a homicide...

Not quite sure if they're doing that because they think the store employees committed a crime, or because they've decided they have to call it such since he died during the crime of retail theft.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]
#ohwell

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I see Walmart LP still wins top honors for killing shoplifters..lol  Seems like it is several a year.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2016/2/10/suspected_lakeland_w.html

Not quite sure if they're doing that because they think the store employees committed a crime, or because they've decided they have to call it such since he died during the crime of retail theft.
View Quote

Pretty much all deaths involving the actions of other parties are considered "homicide".  The question is whether their involvement was criminal or not.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Pretty much all deaths involving the actions of other parties are considered "homicide".  The question is whether their involvement was criminal or not.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard on the radio this morning that his pants fell down and they he fell. When the workers got

to him he wasn't breathing.
I wonder if he has signs of head trauma and that would require a deeper investigation.
ETA.. Now it looks like they are backing off the homicide charge

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/88328541-story

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Sighhhh LP guys murder someone and get a vacation.

Come on guys were's all the anger? The rage? The normal comments, LP state, Judge Dredd, Nazis, petty theft isn't a death sentence, due process, LP isn't judge jury and executioner.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:07:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mind you, I hate the North Side.    

http://s29.postimg.org/8je04e6jb/Lakeland.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know I live in a quality area (Lakeland, Polk County) when GD has a thread about it once a week.

But it is diverse. How about posting that map you have?

I wish I could say this isn't accurate, but it is spot on!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Reads like he self-detained.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know I live in a quality area (Lakeland, Polk County) when GD has a thread about it once a week.

A month or so after he first posted that another member posted a link to a unemployed population density

map and I pulled up our area and the high unemployment areas were in the murdery and drug areas and fit

right in with his map. He nailed it.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A month or so after he first posted that another member posted a link to a unemployed population density
map and I pulled up our area and the high unemployment areas were in the murdery and drug areas and fit

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

oops wrong thread
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

a LOT Depends on the individual State...some states automatically classify anything that isnt Natural causes, or suicide as "Homicide" as a legal term, not necessarily a criminal charge
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was born and raised in Lakeland and spent about 25 years there.

I know these mad streets, yo.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Well thank God it wasn't the cops who were responsible. The citizens and GD would be all torches and pitchforks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What happened to the good old days when 10-15 teenage grocery boys, including some running backs from the high school football team, would gang tackle a shoplifter in the parking lot and it was a free-for-all beat down until the police arrived?

The cops would cuff-and-stuff the thief while chuckling, "that's enough, boys...that's enough!" and laugh it off as, "boys just being boys" while they took the shoplifter to the ER to get them stitched up before taking them to jail.

Aah, to be a teenage grocery sacker back in the 70's again...$2.25/hr.
View Quote

Been there, done that.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Well thank God it wasn't the cops who were responsible. The citizens and GD would be all torches and pitchforks.
View Quote
LPD would actually have to show up first.

But they are too busy fucking the station whore behind a church ran by pedophiles.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I spent my formidable years in Willow Oak and Mulberry. When we went to Lakeland

we were up town, I tell ya.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I work at a orange big box store.  LP can detain shoplifting suspect until the authorities arrive.  I have been there when paramedics were called for a suspect that said he was having a heart attack.  He lived, was charged with shoplifting, had a nice ambulance ride and ER visit to pay for too.  Of course you and I will end up footing the bill for it since that scumbag sure isn't going to pay it!
View Quote

We had one at the ER recently. He pulled the "they slammed me into the ground and I hit my head! I need to check in, you can't take me to jail!".  

Just so happens we have a doctor handy to medically clear you. Right now. Because we're a fucking ER.

He was also a flaming fucking full-blown "fuck your private property" communist.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top