User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, and page 2 hates him.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Gosh golly gee wilikers, we can't deport 11 million illegal aliens and send them home where they belong!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Ultra liberal R.  Really, he seems more like a sane Democrat option to me.  Perhaps 40y ago he would have been called a blue dog dem?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
This past summer he said on Fox News how much he liked Hillary Clinton.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
He reminds me of a democrat and will cater to them. Although he seems like a nice guy but he comes of as a pussy.  

I hear he would be a good VP candidate but what do I know
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#7]
When given the chance to say his vote for the Clinton AWB was wrong he refuses to do so.

He is proud of that vote.  He also voted for other gun restrictions right up until he left congress, he was voting for gun restrictions his entire time in congress, not just once.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:15:31 AM EDT
[#8]
He is an arrogant self centered asshole.

He balanced Ohio's budget on the backs of every community and bounty in the state.

He is anti business.

Even high level Republicans hate him.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:38:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

^^^^^This.
And I've heard too much "reach across the aisle" crap out of him, too.
The days of reaching across the fucking aisle are long past.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Voted for the Assault Weapon Ban.

^^^^^This.

Yes the worst thing I want to hear is that statement.  Rare is it that the govt does anything good so I LOVE DEADLOCK.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:41:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

NO, NO, NO

It's required to govern effectively.  Compromise is necessary.  The key is making sure it's 1. necessary in the specific circumstance and 2. actually a compromise and not simply one side giving up because they were out maneuvered.

ETA: clarification
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^^^This.

NO, NO, NO

It's required to govern effectively.  Compromise is necessary.  The key is making sure it's 1. necessary in the specific circumstance and 2. actually a compromise and not simply one side giving up because they were out maneuvered.

ETA: clarification

No still stand by my previous statement - no reach across the aisle
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:49:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Too liberal for me, and I do not live in Ohio. A good conservative Senate and House should have sent good PRO 2A bills for him to sign. Will he cave if President when the next "mass shooting" happens and call for common sense reform? We have Cruz who is truly a Pro 2nd/Constitution guy. I have never volunteered for a campaign before, but I signed up to work for Cruz. The Supreme Court nominees, the future of our country is in the balance. I do not want some weak as reach across the aisle guy. Cruz may have his faults, but man I want to like Trump, but he is egotistic like Obama.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:51:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So Ohioans...would you want a Kasich presidential administration?
View Quote

I believe that Kasich would have trouble winning Ohio.  He's spineless and votes whichever the way the pollsters tell him the wind is blowing.  He has signed pro-2A bills, but that's because that's good politics in Ohio now.  Don't confuse that with him being principled. or a friend of the 2A.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:00:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Not only did kasich sign pro gun legislation in ohio but he did it right after sandy hook. I called his office to thank him.

As someone who values gun rights near the top of my concerns as well as limited governemnt ted cruz fills that void perfectly. Iam done with luke warm republicans.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Because he is a fucking RINO fuck that is why. I am convinced the only reason he is running for president is so he can hide his acorns under the white house lawn that he has been carrying in his mouth for years.

Trump's single greatest moment of the campaign was when he shot that POS down in like the 2nd debate.
   Was on Lehmann Brother's board when it went down.
   Thinks increased oil production that balanced the states budget and economy was his doing.

Further Reasons not to vote for Kasich.

Unapologeticlly expanded medicaid that is already over budget. His reasoning/justification is he believes God will look favorably on him for taking other peoples money at the point of a gun and thus get into heaven. (So will you, even if you didn't give it willingly/knowingly)
Voted for AWB.
Total Pro Amnesty fuck.
Endorsed by the New York times.
He is the rudest ass on the debate stage. "I haven't talked in a while" No shit. NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOU SPEAK.(Except the tasteless 16% in New Hampshire that voted for you.) Gary Johnson is more conservative than you!

Telling Quote
"The republican party is my vehicle, not my master."

If you go solely based on his Second Amendment record in Ohio you will be deceived about as much as when bush I said "Read my lips. No new taxes.".

Reasons to vote for him.

Do you want Flint level stupid happening on a national level? He is Ohio's Rick Snyder.
If you want a RINO with super powers but don't feel that Chris Christie's power roll will suffice Kasich's narrating judo chops is what you are looking for.
You are on DU more than this site and are convinced now that Hillary is done that Kasich is your knight in shining armor with is second place showing in New Hampshire. Surely he can stump the Trump in the general!

FJK

If you are looking for a man of real principals, a man for the constitution and the old republic for whence it stood, vote for Cruz. He is our last hope because Rand is out.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:00:19 AM EDT
[#15]
^^^^ That was great!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:03:48 AM EDT
[#16]
He's a weasel just like Jeb.

What turned me against him:  spent most of the campaign so far complaining about Trump instead of talking about himself; tried to play the "we need someone with (political) experience in the WH."
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:09:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Gosh golly gee wilikers, we can't deport 11 million illegal aliens and send them home where they belong!
View Quote

Yea, I forgot that one.

And when people ask Trump where he's going to get the $ to ship people back he responds with how much do you think it's costing us to let them stay?

I contend that securing the border will result in a majority of the illegals to self-deporting:  when they can no longer freely traverse from one country to the next, they won't want to risk getting trapped here.  They'll go home, wait until the wall (or whatever) is built and then see if they can crack it; if we do it right, they won't be able to.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:14:29 AM EDT
[#18]
He's not my 6th choice for POTUS.

However, if you consider Electoral College politics, he'd be a solid choice for VP.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gets an A- from the NRA but clearly something is amiss for supporting the Clintons in 1994.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Too liberal for me, and I do not live in Ohio. A good conservative Senate and House should have sent good PRO 2A bills for him to sign. Will he cave if President when the next "mass shooting" happens and call for common sense reform? We have Cruz who is truly a Pro 2nd/Constitution guy. I have never volunteered for a campaign before, but I signed up to work for Cruz. The Supreme Court nominees, the future of our country is in the balance. I do not want some weak as reach across the aisle guy. Cruz may have his faults, but man I want to like Trump, but he is egotistic like Obama.

View Quote

And if that is what you get?

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:27:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Here is what I know and all I know. Take it for what it is worth from a guy from Idaho that is tired of the fucking political circus.
NRA - Kasich
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ This...& not a JEB fan, but I wasn't aware of it until JEB included it in his add against Kaisch- not sure what Kaisch's position currently is...

Long ago he realized it was a bad idea to piss off gun owners and flipped prior to running. I am sure someone from Ohio can give you more detail.

Meh, we already did this.  Everyone not from OH says hes weak on guns. Ohioans living in this millenia disagreed. Why bother. Im not doing someone else's homework.

Here is what I know and all I know. Take it for what it is worth from a guy from Idaho that is tired of the fucking political circus.
NRA - Kasich

I don't care what the NRA thinks about him ... im a life member and I wont vote for him ....
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Gets an A- from the NRA but clearly something is amiss for supporting the Clintons in 1994.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It took him 20 years to recover from the NRA F rating he had.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:27:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I know him. (Large family business in Ohio.)

Over all he's been 'okay'.  Not great. Just okay.

He's been decent pro-gun. He's been so-so business wise. Hasn't rocked the boat too much except his first 100 days when he went against the state unions and lost.

If it were him or a Democrat, I'd vote for him. Is he a great republican? Fuck no. He's a centrist and doesn't want to rock the vote one way or another too much. He'd never do anything anti gun again. But he wouldn't go out of his way to do pro-gun things either. Most of the pro-gun stuff just basically timed out on his desk. (If not signed in X days it goes into affect deal.)

He would be 4 years of just cruise  control. Which, isnt a bad thing. It isn't what we need.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm behind Cruz. Trump is a Bozo and I have this stinking gut felling Jeb will get the nod I was just planning for the lesser of two evils if it ends up between Jeb! and Kasich.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:41:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wasn't he the key vote, who switched sides?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#26]
He is a decent Governor, but our last two were slugs.  Very much despised in my area of the state for his anti-union push (Senate Bill 5) and cuts to local and county governments as part of his tax overhaul.  His tax cutting rhetoric is just that.  My income taxes haven't decreased since he has been in office.  Still no jobs in Southeastern Ohio so that takes a lot of his bluster on being a job creator out of the mix.  He has been an advocate of gun rights as Governor and I appreciate that.  Like Obama he has raised cigarette taxes and doesn't stop the utility companies from making insane profits and raising rates.  Would I vote for him as President?  Well I can't vote for Hillary or Bernie and Third Parties are a wasted vote so if he is the only choice, yes.  Lukewarm Democrats or Republicans piss me off and "moderate" is another word for lukewarm.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you want Flint level stupid happening on a national level? He is Ohio's Rick Snyder.
If you want a RINO with super powers but don't feel that Chris Christie's power roll will suffice Kasich's narrating judo chops is what you are looking for.
You are on DU more than this site and are convinced now that Hillary is done that Kasich is your knight in shining armor with is second place showing in New Hampshire. Surely he can stump the Trump in the general!
View Quote

As much as I dislike Rick Snyder, how is he responsible for the Flint water crisis?  Flint is run by black liberal democrats who decided to stop using Detroit water and use their own water source to save money.  Flint is a city with its own political structure.  Did Snyder and state government make them switch water sources?  Why did a local black democrat refuse to testify by taking the 5th before a congressional hearing?  The problem was not the governor, that is a democrat argument.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

+1.  Kasich has changed big time.  Kasich or Trump will get my vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ This...& not a JEB fan, but I wasn't aware of it until JEB included it in his add against Kaisch- not sure what Kaisch's position currently is...

I am not a Kaisch supporter, but I live in OH.  He's signed quite a bit of pro 2A legislation as governor.  CCW reforms, dumping of mag limits, state premption of local firearms bullshit, etc.

+1.  Kasich has changed big time.  Kasich or Trump will get my vote.

no.
he decided he wanted to become President one day and needed to self correct his previous views.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ultra liberal R.  Really, he seems more like a sane Democrat option to me.  Perhaps 40y ago he would have been called a blue dog dem?
View Quote

exactly what he is.

he is a conservative Democrat.
that is why all the D's in eastern Oklahoma are looking at him as sensible and votable.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
tried to play the "we need someone with (political) experience in the WH."
View Quote

On that point, I agree with him.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Hooray for low information voters!
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#32]
More of a fiscal conservative.  An outsider in a traditional sense. Not reliable for to take bild conservative stances.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#33]
FPNI
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Supports Obama Care, wants the illegals to stay
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Supports Obama Care, wants the illegals to stay
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hooray for low information voters!
View Quote

What is that supposed to mean? That was the point of this thread was to become informed by letting GD chime in.

Better than the GIF!
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#37]
He could take Chuck Norris in a verbal fight.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Amnesty type, comes off as weak, terrible posture, same ole same ole.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly what we don't need, clearly hasn't worked in this nation's favor.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not defending Kasich, as I'm trying to learn more about the guy, but having someone without any real political experience has been a fucking disaster for the last 7 years as well.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm not defending Kasich, as I'm trying to learn more about the guy, but having someone without any real political experience has been a fucking disaster for the last 7 years as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Example?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Copy and paste there computer guy!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This. I can only type it all out so many times.

Copy and paste there computer guy!

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, now for both Windows and Linux!!

Mac users should use the Command key instead of Ctrl.

So between Mac and Windows/Linux we have Command & Control  
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Example?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Example?

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If you don't want to do your homework, then you shouldn't vote... That's how we have so many trump supporters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What I do know.... Legislative experience and executive experience. Ohio is an important swing state.

What's wrong with him and what else positive does he have going on for him?

Educate me GD!

If you don't want to do your homework, then you shouldn't vote... That's how we have so many trump supporters.

Ummmmmm...... ok. But, this thread is GD doing my homework for me, and I'm sure some other people as well. Some good info in here. More than you may get from the news. Varying opinions. Good stuff. As far as Trump, I did my homework on him. He is a disaster. He's all about winning, but not managing. The only thing good I think he could bring would be to turn Washington upside down, maybe shake out a few of the critters and leave after 4 years. But, I'm pretty sure he'd set the Democrats up for an easy win in 2020.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I really don't, no.

I voted for him twice as Governor (and I'd gladly do it again if I could), but I can't really support him for President.

If he was the hypothetical nominee? I could probably vote for him, but I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about it. It's too early to think about that shit anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So Ohioans...would you want a Kasich presidential administration?

I really don't, no.

I voted for him twice as Governor (and I'd gladly do it again if I could), but I can't really support him for President.

If he was the hypothetical nominee? I could probably vote for him, but I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about it. It's too early to think about that shit anyway.

Throw him running against Hillary or Sanders?  looks a hell of a lot better, even if he is a RINO.  Throwing votes away because a candidate isn't the furthest right possible is what got CA in to it's mess.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Example?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/150212130357-buzzfeed-obama-exlarge-169.jpeg

You can't be serious. He is the perfect example of what I am talking about. He has never had a real job in his whole life, nothing but a professional politician.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You can't be serious. He is the perfect example of what I am talking about. He has never had a real job in his whole life, nothing but a professional politician.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Example?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/150212130357-buzzfeed-obama-exlarge-169.jpeg

I will agree with your that he never had a real job, but 7 years as a state senator where he did nothing more than look out for minorities and 143 days as a US Senator makes him a professional politician?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top