Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2016 7:10:53 PM EDT
Just got a new Tacoma and was debating about whether to put a tonneau cover on it. I do have stuff I need to haul occasionally that I would like to keep dry or hidden.  

I have looked at the Uncercover Flex or the Bakflip f1.   An online seller recommended the F1, but I have seen many reviews online liking the flex.   The flex would be about $128 cheaper.  $771 vs $899.

Other suggestions are also welcome.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]
To crush your payload, to see it driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of its women!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the flex and love it.  I have had zero issues with it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't the 2016 have a factory tonneau cover option?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:27:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't the 2016 have a factory tonneau cover option?
View Quote

I think it does,  but it is $1,300.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:36:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Truxedo Truxsport.  Its been in place for 3 years with no issues. Its a simple rollup one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an Access Limited on my Tacoma. No issues but I've only had it about 6 months.
The last 2 trucks I had Extang on them with no Issues.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:38:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Undercover Classic on my Nissan Titan.  It's perfect for road trips and keeping luggage or bags in the back and not worrying about them getting wet or stolen.  Removing the cover is easy but takes two people because of the size and not necessarily because of the weight of the cover.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:27:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been looking at some of these for my 2014.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#9]
$1k?  You guys must be rolling in money.  I screwed down a piece of painted plywood.  Works great but not very cool.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$1k?  You guys must be rolling in money.  I screwed down a piece of painted plywood.  Works great but not very cool.
View Quote

$800 pickup can use screwed down plywood, $38K pickups usually don't go the hillbilly route.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:31:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I really liked my Undercover on my '08 Tacoma, and it had the bonus of locking the tailgate. I could R&R it myself in the garage within minutes to have the full bed available, but it was pushing the limit of being a one man job.

My brother has a Bakflip on his F150 and loves it. My current truck came with a TruXedo Lo Pro QT. It works about as well as can be expected from a roll-up vinyl cover. It keeps cargo unseen, more or less covered from direct precipitation, and vulnerable to a thief with a box knife.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Backflip gets high reviews on f150forum(dot)com

I had a rollback for maybe a decade on my '04 F-150.  Took it off a year ago and prefer going without any kind of cover.  And no, I don't haul a lot of stuff.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#14]
This thread is relevant to my interests.

Edit: And there goes post .223.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a Truxedo LoPro QT on my Titan.  Roll up, because often I do have taller items and I am by myself, and I am cheap.  Plus it really gets out of the way, the bed stays mostly dry even in massive downpours, and it is secure enough for my needs.  If I had expensive tools or other things in the bed, I would look at a hard roll up or backflip type hard cover.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

$800 pickup can use screwed down plywood, $38K pickups usually don't go the hillbilly route.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess some people don't feel doubling the value of their truck by adding a tonneau cover is the best option.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I guess some people don't feel doubling the value of their truck by adding a tonneau cover is the best option.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Touche!

FWIW, I have a LEER cap on my 2015 DCTRDOR Taco. If I want to haul big stuff, I have a tilt bed trailer that is MUCH easier to load then a 3 foot high pickup bed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Have a Fold A Cover on my truck. Locks front and back which is nice. Doesn't look like they've made one for the 2016 Tacoma yet though.
They did make one for 2015 so I'd guess they'll make one for the 2016.
http://www.foldacover.com/products/tonneau-covers/g4-elite-fold-a-cover/

Installation video
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top