Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
200 rounds makes for a very short trip to the range.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fire code in NYC:

Explosives. A permit is required to store, handle, use or sell explosives as follows:
1. Store, sell or offer for sale any amount of black powder and smokeless powder.
2. Store, sell or offer for sale any amount of blasting caps.
3. Store, sell or offer for sale 200 or more shells of small arms ammunition.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/pdf/firecode/2009/fire_code_ll26_2008_amended_ll37_41_64_2009_final_complete.pdf

View Quote

Yah, they'd shit a brick if they opened the unsecured toolbox in the back of my truck. What a bunch of fucking bullshit. FNY
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fire code in NYC:

Explosives. A permit is required to store, handle, use or sell explosives as follows:
1. Store, sell or offer for sale any amount of black powder and smokeless powder.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/pdf/firecode/2009/fire_code_ll26_2008_amended_ll37_41_64_2009_final_complete.pdf

View Quote

hah, wow.  You need a permit to store ANY amount of powder?   Jesus fuckin christ.

How about gasoline?  Need a permit to store any of that?  
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a nice start.

I just had to buy a 600lb cabinet with 1800lb capacity shelves to hold more of the ammo crates/cases I got the past few months. I can fill up an entire 48" x 72" one with 5.45 ammo before the ban.

lol @ too much ammo
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
NY has a limit on how much ammo you're allowed to have?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I see nothing wrong, I'm sure he was aware of the law and violated it anyways. Actions have consequences.
View Quote

What a shitty attitude.

It's a BS law.  I just can't understand why anyone would be A-ok with people being jammed up for no reason other than "it's the law!"
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
New York is a shit hole
View Quote

What a bunch of sh!t neighbors. Mine would ask me if I got a good price and if so, then from where and do I want to do a group buy next time?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:26:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I see nothing wrong, I'm sure he was aware of the law and violated it anyways. Actions have consequences.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Shou, who lives at 6560 Weatherole St., had three high-power magazines of ammo, an AR-10 and an AR-15 rifle. The guns are legal and he is a licensed gun owner.....
View Quote

Since when are ARs legal in NYC?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fire code in NYC:

View Quote

200 rounds? That's barely over a combat load.......FUCK that place.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok who's missing?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Coming soon to a location near you.
(Unfortunately)
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good Grief! many of us carry that around in our vehicle, or a range bag.   Many have that many rounds laying in the bottom of their safe.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fire code in NYC:

Good Grief! many of us carry that around in our vehicle, or a range bag.   Many have that many rounds laying in the bottom of their safe.

Not even enough for a load out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hi power magazines?

Or high power magazines?
View Quote

Batteries not included I guess.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#15]
All that powder and no primers or bullets?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#16]
FNY!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fire code in NYC:

View Quote

WTF...I couldnt even attend a single match

Also, Dibs on the Varget.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

wait, wait, wait....

the illegal part is he owned too much ammo?

WTF?
View Quote
So, what's the limit of how much ammo you can own?

Let's say it is 10,000 rounds.  Can we get 11 guys to each own 1000 rounds and then 'gift' these rounds to the same individual (a hated politician) causing this politician to be in violation of the law?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Frigging New York, frigging commies
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:10:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Wow wtf
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fire code in NYC:

Wow wtf
Holy Crap!

Lets get 20 people to each gift Hillary 11 rounds of ammo to her NYC residence.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
hah, wow.  You need a permit to store ANY amount of powder?   Jesus fuckin christ.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fire code in NYC:

Coming to all democrat run states

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:17:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Off to read how much is too much.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shou, who lives at 6560 Weatherole St., had three high-power magazines of ammo, an AR-10 and an AR-15 rifle. The guns are legal and he is a licensed gun owner.....

Probably a Daisy Red Ryder and a Crossman 760......................everything is an AR to the media.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
New York is a shit hole
View Quote

the entire northeast is. basically once yout hit northern va its a shithole all the way up 95 to canada.

western PA is nice and thats about it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Once again, stupid neighbors.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Lol I have about 30-40 mags in my truck  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fire code in NYC:

Lol I have about 30-40 mags in my truck  

Hell there are probably close to 200 rounds of loose ammo lost in nooks and crannies in my SUV, some in calibers I don't even have a gun to match anymore.

But hey I call it a win because it's a ready made excuse to say no if anyone ever asks me to go to NJ, "Sorry nope, I don't have a few days to CSI the shit out of the thing in case I get pulled over by the Stasi."

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you can get arrested in NY for too much ammo and reloading components, you all should have FO'd a long time ago.
View Quote

That was Guo's time.

Looks like he missed it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#28]
The Rego Park resident was arrested Tuesday and charged with first-degree reckless endangerment and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon after he was busted in his apartment at 65-60 Wetherole Street — which is less than two blocks away from an elementary school, according to Queens District Attorney Richard Brown.

In total, he was caught with ?14 licensed handguns?; two loaded, licensed shotguns?; one licensed rifle?; approximately 45,000 rounds of ammunition for a variety of weapons?; 225 pounds of smokeless gun powder stored in various containers and open to view?;? unassembled parts for an AR-10 and AR-15 assault rifles, three high-capacity magazines — one fully loaded with 20 rounds and each capable of holding in excess of ten rounds of .308 caliber ammunition — two Kevlar body armor vests, six Kevlar armor plates, one ammunition press, numerous primers, empty cartridges, and several other devices and components related to weapons ammunition.
‘It is extremely disturbing to find such a lethal arsenal of this magnitude in a residential community – especially one less than two blocks from an elementary school’

- Queens District Attorney Richard Brown

“The defendant is accused of turning his apartment into an arsenal by stockpiling deadly weapons and ammunition – all laying in plain sight and unsecured,” Brown said in a statement. “It is extremely disturbing to find such a lethal arsenal of this magnitude in a residential community – especially one less than two blocks from an elementary school.”

Police were able to stumble upon the stockpile after officers conducted an administrative pistol licensee review at Shou’s apartment on Monday, prosecutors said.

Upon entering the home — which is down the street from P.S. 139 Rego Park — officers spotted the gunpowder and bullets, prompting them to obtain a search warrant and make the discovery.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The Rego Park resident was arrested Tuesday and charged with first-degree reckless endangerment and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon after he was busted in his apartment at 65-60 Wetherole Street — which is less than two blocks away from an elementary school, according to Queens District Attorney Richard Brown.

In total, he was caught with ?14 licensed handguns?; two loaded, licensed shotguns?; one licensed rifle?; approximately 45,000 rounds of ammunition for a variety of weapons?; 225 pounds of smokeless gun powder stored in various containers and open to view?;? unassembled parts for an AR-10 and AR-15 assault rifles, three high-capacity magazines — one fully loaded with 20 rounds and each capable of holding in excess of ten rounds of .308 caliber ammunition — two Kevlar body armor vests, six Kevlar armor plates, one ammunition press, numerous primers, empty cartridges, and several other devices and components related to weapons ammunition.

‘It is extremely disturbing to find such a lethal arsenal of this magnitude in a residential community – especially one less than two blocks from an elementary school’

"The defendant is accused of turning his apartment into an arsenal by stockpiling deadly weapons and ammunition – all laying in plain sight and unsecured,” Brown said in a statement. "It is extremely disturbing to find such a lethal arsenal of this magnitude in a residential community – especially one less than two blocks from an elementary school.”

Police were able to stumble upon the stockpile after officers conducted an administrative pistol licensee review at Shou’s apartment on Monday, prosecutors said.

Upon entering the home — which is down the street from P.S. 139 Rego Park — officers spotted the gunpowder and bullets, prompting them to obtain a search warrant and make the discovery.

View Quote

The "close to a school" reporting is idiotic... where I live I doubt there's a single house that isn't "close" to a school, day care, church, old folks' home, whatever.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The "close to a school" reporting is idiotic... where I live I doubt there's a single house that isn't "close" to a school, day care, church, old folks' home, whatever.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"The defendant is accused of turning his apartment into an arsenal by stockpiling deadly weapons and ammunition – all laying in plain sight and unsecured,” Brown said in a statement. "It is extremely disturbing to find such a lethal arsenal of this magnitude in a residential community – especially one less than two blocks from an elementary school.”

In most small towns in America the whole "within one mile of a public school" means the entire town is covered, so yeah it's bullshit.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:11:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Some NYC politician wanted to do the usual 15mph speed limit within a quarter mile of a school thing that you see commonly in the rest of the country. Quickly figured out that meant that most of NYC would then be 15mph.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#32]
But he's a good kid...
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Poor guy. What's his screen name?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:29:40 AM EDT
[#34]
FUCK YOU NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
wait, wait, wait....
the illegal part is he owned too much ammo?
WTF?
View Quote

That is what I am think what law did he break exactly?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trying to see if Go Shoe speaks English and get him to join ARFCOM
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
WTF?!? There is an ammunition limit?
View Quote

Hide your ammo forts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:39:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fire code in NYC:

Oh yeah, lots of gun clubs and ranges in NYC
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Um. Pardon my ignorance.

What's an illegal amount of ammo?
View Quote

This

Perhaps the powder? I do believe there is a limit on it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:hah, wow.  You need a permit to store ANY amount of powder?   Jesus fuckin christ.

View Quote

First post on this board.  Hi folks!    Found this thread while using Google to find information about this Guo Shou (?) fellow and the charge(s) against him that isn't hysterical anti-gun bull.

Did anyone see the DA's Press Release?

And well, yeah, gasoline stored on a residential premises and specifically a multiple unit dwelling would be subject to those pesky fire codes, too.

Consider, I can't even by kerosene or propane here.  Have to go outside city limits and bring it back with me.

Inconvenient, but I would not be shocked if some of the laws date to that little fire we had in 1845, and considering the city's population density is somewhere around 28,000 per square mile this year, I'm not surprised about caution over combustibles and explosives.  I know, I know, never mind that what most people have under their kitchen sinks is far worse, and we have 750 buses operating on CNG (go google bus cng explosion) with plans for 250 more over the next couple of years.

I still can't figure out something.  The press release lists a lot of licensed weapons and mentions "first-degree reckless endangerment and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon".  So in that list of confiscated legal weapons, from what exactly did that 3rd degree criminal weapon possession charge come?

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

First post on this board.  Hi folks!    Found this thread while using Google to find information about this Guo Shou (?) fellow and the charge(s) against him that isn't hysterical anti-gun bull.

And well, yeah, gasoline stored on a residential premises and specifically a multiple unit dwelling would be subject to those pesky fire codes, too.

Consider, I can't even by kerosene or propane here.  Have to go outside city limits and bring it back with me.

Inconvenient, but I would not be shocked if some of the laws date to that little fire we had in 1845, and considering the city's population density is somewhere around 28,000 per square mile this year, I'm not surprised about caution over combustibles and explosives.  I know, I know, never mind that what most people have under their kitchen sinks is far worse, and we have 750 buses operating on CNG (go google bus cng explosion) with plans for 250 more over the next couple of years.

I still can't figure out something.  The press release lists a lot of licensed weapons and mentions "first-degree reckless endangerment and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon".  So in that list of confiscated legal weapons, from what exactly did that 3rd degree criminal weapon possession charge come?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:hah, wow.  You need a permit to store ANY amount of powder?   Jesus fuckin christ.

Welcome to the board.... I think...
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:Welcome to the board.... I think...
View Quote

Thanks, I think.  

FYI, I'm a lifetime NRA member since around 2005.  I love wearing the leather jacket that came with the membership around NYC.  The thin leather is showing signs of wear but the patch on it is a great conversation starter.  Most folks don't have the berries to be critical but the variety and nature of people with supportive comments never ceases to amaze me.

Also, FYI, while the "Frushing" thing is amusing to those of us who know the area, this Shou fellow lives in Rego Park.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:28:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thanks, I think.  

FYI, I'm a lifetime NRA member since around 2005.  I love wearing the leather jacket that came with the membership around NYC.  The thin leather is showing signs of wear but the patch on it is a great conversation starter.  Most folks don't have the berries to be critical but the variety and nature of people with supportive comments never ceases to amaze me.

Also, FYI, while the "Frushing" thing is amusing to those of us who know the area, this Shou fellow lives in Rego Park.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Welcome to the board.... I think...

Thanks, I think.  

Welcome Aboard, if you bump into "Go Shoe" tell him he has friends here like us
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Sounds like that guy lives in a shitty place with shitty people.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:44:12 AM EDT
[#47]
I think we'd be in good hands to accelerate this course of direction with Hilary at the helm.  2017 will be cool!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fire code in NYC:

View Quote

Since when are fire codes a criminal offense?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

the entire northeast is. basically once yout hit northern va its a shithole all the way up 95 to canada.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New York is a shit hole

You mean like Maine which has constitutional carry and virtually no gun laws at all?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#50]
three high-power magazines of ammo?  What the fuck is that.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top